Evident Item Inheritance and children theory in Fire Emblem Awakening

Jiac

So I looked somewhat deep into this kind of thing previously and some ideas sparked into my head.

As I am aware (don't hate me on this) I can safely consider Lon'qu as a canon father for Inigo,with a few reasons.

tumblr_mih78wLItP1rnn28ao1_500.jpg

Everyone remembers this picture,as it ships Lon'qu and Olivia.

Now let's look at their weapon of choice.

They both wield the Killing Edge which is also Rey's weapon of choice,but you know,Rey isn't in our FE:A games,is he?As well as the fact Inigo isn't a Myrmidon but wields the weapon at recruitment,I could speculate this was passed down from Lon'qu to Inigo.Like how Samurai's passed down their swords for generations.

It's also an interesting thing that Olivia and Lon'qu are both somehow affiliated with the West Khan Basilio,one way or another.

It's also pretty ironic how Lon'qu has a phobia for women otherwise known as gynophobia,while Inigo wants to be a casanova/playboy aka popular with girls.

Let's now start in physical appearance.

137px-Ronku.jpg131px-Azure.jpg184px-Chromfacingleft.jpg

Look at the back of their heads.Being somewhat similar in the spikes. Chrom's being slightly more similar than Inigo's head. The waves in Inigo's hair likely comes more from Olivia.As you can tell from her long ponytail.It is in fact wavy.Now look at the nose. Lon'qu's nose sells more to me than Chrom's. But this sells me the most,look at the face shape of Lon'qu and Inigo.They're nearly identical.The face shape Olivia has is more roundish so the face shape likely comes from Lon'qu.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This also applies for Laurent,as his choice of weapon is an Elwind tome?Why is this?He has other tome choices. Ricken's tome is also an Elwind tome.Could it possibly a relic to remember his deceased father?Considering he was able to obtain his mother's notebook,hat and ring.So I don't find it unlikely that he is able to retrieve his father's favorite tome.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The fact that Yarne not inheriting Wyvern Rider makes some sense.As Yarne has heart problems as revealed by supports.(I'm actually unsure if it's supports but I remember something about him having heart problems,please tell me if I'm correct or not) Since he suffers from heart failure or some other heart problem,being in high altitude will cause him harm as one,if he falls,he will be scared causing him anxiety probably causing his heart to work too much,possibly causing him death.As well as the lack of oxygen,his body might not be supplied with enough of oxygen due to his heart being poor.

Henry might be the father of Owain due to both of them suffer OCPD (Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder) due to them having a overvalued idea and it becomes part of their personality.Like Henry has a huge obsession of blood.It's a weird fetish of his. Owain also has this,as everything is about Fire Emblem history,and his uber personality about naming everything and feeling obligated to become a Hero so he can be part of legends.Though because your parent is diagnosed with a certain disorder does not necessarily mean you will have the disorder,but in theory as Inigo inherits Olivia's shyness, and Laurent inherits Miriel's intellect. I think this is quite likely.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Please state your theories about the children or opinions as well as correct me at some points.

Edited by Jiac2001

Um., isn't that picture just fanart though?

I don't believe there are any canon pairings in this game. The closest is obviously Chrom x Sumia, but even then, it's not outright stated to be canon.

Gerome being Virion's canon son makes sense to me. Virion's relationship with Cherche seems to be a vassal/lord type thing on the surface, but their supports with each other hint that Virion rarely treated her as just a servant. But more of a friend or equal. He highly values her input on situations, and without her, he would not have succeeded in leaving Rosanne. Also theres...this weirdness.

Jerome_nomask.jpg200px-Portrait_virion_fe13.png Look at dat resemblance!

Gerome's actual eyes have almost the same "points" to them as Virion's. Their facial structure is almost identical save for Gerome's less-square jawline. Their mouths are almost the same too and the expression speaks for itself. Gerome also has insane amount of hair volume. Virion's hair is very voluminous as well. The way the hair on both portraits flair out is...interesting. Virion also has Wyvern branch. Hmmmmmm....

Gerome being Virion's canon son makes sense to me. Virion's relationship with Cherche seems to be a vassal/lord type thing on the surface, but their supports with each other hint that Virion rarely treated her as just a servant. But more of a friend or equal. He highly values her input on situations, and without her, he would not have succeeded in leaving Rosanne. Also theres...this weirdness.

Jerome_nomask.jpg200px-Portrait_virion_fe13.png Look at dat resemblance!

Gerome's actual eyes have almost the same "points" to them as Virion's. Their facial structure is almost identical save for Gerome's less-square jawline. Their mouths are almost the same too and the expression speaks for itself. Gerome also has insane amount of hair volume. Virion's hair is very voluminous as well. The way the hair on both portraits flair out is...interesting. Virion also has Wyvern branch. Hmmmmmm....

The resemblance,I can't unsee

Also, Gerome has a very lovely cravat and obviously he wouldn't inherit such impeccably fashionable armor without Virion. Honestly I think that's one of the most strongly hinted pairing in the game.

Based on the preproduction art that was scrapped, it looked a lot like Cordelia was Lucina's mother (Cordelia even had blue hair), and that Inigo would be Lucina's sister. Obviously that's not even possible, but the designs still remain largely the same. Inigo's father support makes the most sense with Chrom as his dad and he's the only other child to mention having the Holy Brand when he's recruited by Chrom, but Olivia as Chrom's wife doesn't seem any more plausible than any other the other girls.

Also, Gerome has a very lovely cravat and obviously he wouldn't inherit such impeccably fashionable armor without Virion. Honestly I think that's one of the most strongly hinted pairing in the game.

Omg! He is totally wearing a black cravat of Sneakiness! Brilliance, Samias! Theres also how Gerome's personality is like a polar opposite of Virion's. Gerome is like "No. go and stay go!" where Virion is all "eyyyyy!" So theres that. Which also renders Inigo's supports with Virion if Virion is his dad really funny and makes no sense!

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

Are you referring to that thing that looks like a napkin in their collars? I noticed that too.

For what it's worth, when I first was looking through KoI, I mistook Cordelia for Lucina. Their resemblance is a lot greater than just the hair color, though I don't have pictures. Cordelia's eyes are different, and she has that hairband/tiara thing as well, which isn't in her final design.

While in English, Ricken and Miriel work because VOICE ACTOR JOKES...

FE13 is the game where the dev team deliberately made every freaking possible detail ambiguous.

Because in all honesty, how blatant is "canon" going to be in regards to the fandom with the "numbers" popularity of the character because it makes more "sense" and people "agree" with you?

With a fanbase like FE, whatever's popular will end up more "canon".

Tear it apart as much as you like... but you can see that with FeMU x Chrom.

They deliberately avoided timing issues with the drama CDs so they won't step on anyone's toes.

...though this is disregarding the fact that Lucina has no siblings in the third drama CD and therefore they DID step on someone's toes somewhere.

Aside from the "dev team" ship that is Chrom and Sumia, you can see whatever the hell you want to see.

So where is that theater that characterizes a majority of Olivia's actions without MU?

Therefore, we are only forced to conclude that MaMU x FeMU is canon due to two Morgans in Future of Despair.

EVERYONE LOSES.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Heh, Virion x Cherche is still wrong, because if you notice eye configuration, it's definitively different. Plus Gerome's armor is not of fashion, it's of Badass! Virion is not a born leader either, so parent should be a natural one (as it's pretty much obvious that Gerome is the second in command amongst the future children): That leaves us with Frederick and MU.

If you actually noticed, TBH the eye configuration between Virion and Inigo, plus their carefree attitude is pretty much the same. (Not that I ship VirionxOlivia, I usually pair Olivia with Freddie, Stahl, or Kellam)

Henry might be the father of Owain due to both of them suffer OCPD (Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder) due to them having a overvalued idea and it becomes part of their personality.Like Henry has a huge obsession of blood.It's a weird fetish of his. Owain also has this,as everything is about Fire Emblem history,and his uber personality about naming everything and feeling obligated to become a Hero so he can be part of legends.Though because your parent is diagnosed with a certain disorder does not necessarily mean you will have the disorder,but in theory as Inigo inherits Olivia's shyness, and Laurent inherits Miriel's intellect. I think this is quite likely.

Couldn't this also apply to Cynthia?

Anyway I fully support MaleMUxCrom as the only canon pairing in this game.

Couldn't this also apply to Cynthia?

Anyway I fully support MaleMUxCrom as the only canon pairing in this game.

No because Cynthia does not dedicate her life in becoming a Hero,she just has a fantasy to become one...:PPP

• 3 weeks later...

Aside from the game kind of shoving Chrom x Sumia down your throat in the earlier chapters, I've got nothing. The Avatar really CAN'T have a canon pairing, as most (if not all) of the children character's supports with their parents reference both parents dying.

I think we can assume Stahl as Kjelle's father because Stahl and Sully get literally THE ONLY unique ending in this game…

who cares about canon really? If you can customize parings, just do the ones you like…

This topic remind me of how Sety and Finn is literally a Pallete Swap in both of their games

And then everybody who have played two of their games know exactly what happened

EDIT: That Virion and Gerome resemblance is funny, although its kind of weird since Gerome's whole characterization is kind of the opposite of everything we know about Virion >_>

Edited by JSND

The only canon is obviously MaMU X Every Girl.

Or you can follow Judge on this one :

K'heh heh heh ! They are all fakes !

They aren't strong enough to be heroes' childs.

More seriously :

Virion X Zelcher makes sense indeed.

Gregor X Nowi also works well.

If you go by character's class, Tharja X Ricken would makes sense.

Here's another: Kellam is likely Kjelle's "canon" (using that word as loosely as possible) father, for two reasons. One, Kjelle is one of two children characters whose default portrait features a different hair color than their mother's (the other is Inigo). That hair color? Black. Only three of Sully's potential husbands have black hair: Lon'qu, Kellam, and the Avatar. Second, Kjelle is one of a few children characters who has a base class that her mother can't use, the Knight (the others are Inigo and Owain). In her supports with Sully, Kjelle says that, when she tried to learn riding in her original timeline, she claims Sully told her she "wasn't cut out for it", so she decided to use heavy Knight armor instead. However, this seems like a bit of a jump from a medium cavalry unit to a heavy infantry one. A more likely change would have been to a Soldier or Mercenary, infantry units more comparable to the Cavalier/Paladin. Even if Kjelle did decide on her own to use Knight armor and fight on foot, she would have nobody to teach her how (as her mother doesn't have the Knight in her class sets), save for her father. Now, of the list of Sully's potential suitors with black hair, only one of them (save for the Avatar), has Knight in his sets, let alone as his base class: Kellam.

Here's another: Kellam is likely Kjelle's "canon" (using that word as loosely as possible) father, for two reasons. One, Kjelle is one of two children characters whose default portrait features a different hair color than their mother's (the other is Inigo).

While Nowi may have green hair in her map sprite, she clearly doesn't in both her portrait, battle model, and official artwork, and she doesn't pass green to Morgan either, so I'd say Nah counts too.

I think the problem lies within the artist having 'same-face syndrome', like most artists, rather than it meant to imply anything. Unless you're telling me they specifically created guidelines for the character designer to create ambiguous details that could imply canonity? Seems kind of far-fetched.

I think the problem lies within the artist having 'same-face syndrome', like most artists, rather than it meant to imply anything. Unless you're telling me they specifically created guidelines for the character designer to create ambiguous details that could imply canonity? Seems kind of far-fetched.

You can see the same thing in FE4&5, and in some cases it's going to lead you pretty far outside the pre-destined supports there, if not outright into the land of "not canon." See JSND's comments above re: Ced and Finn in FE5. Unless Finn somehow turns out to be Ced's real mother.

And as far as the same-face thing goes, some people think that say, Stahl and Frederick must secretly be brothers or half-brothers, and they do look a lot alike, but I haven't seen any indication anywhere in canon that this resemblance means anything. It's just a point for speculation.

I mean, personally Virion is my favorite candidate to be Gerome's father but I'm just leery of the whole "most canon" argument unless we have more to go on than all this interpretive eye-of-the-beholder stuff.