Which characters did you dislike in the game?

I used to hate Sumia, but I warmed up to her. My least favorite character is Tharja, because, for one thing, I hate yandere characters. And she's abusive of Noire. I hate Excellus too, but I think everyone hates Excellus...

I suppose I forgot to mention Gangrel. It's clear his hatedom is a LOT bigger than his fan base, and I hate him too. I'm pretty forgiving with this game, since it's a game and all, but I can see where the hate comes from.

Edited by TheGhosteon

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Nah-just too serious... Without the charm of the other serious characters

Vaike-purely gameplay. Such bad resistance...

Sumia-far too forced with Chrom. (As canon as we get in this game) and limited pairings. I want Stahl as Cynthia's dad!!!

Libra-seems like a poor mans Lucius, minus the Raven bromance.

Going through this thread and seeing every single characters flaws was a bit disheartening. Maybe we need a favorite character thread to remind us of the good qualities?(im sure theres been a couple of those at least)

anyways,

Tharja: Horrible mother.

Kellam: Always makes a big deal about not getting noticed and says he deosnt care. The gimmick also doesn't make sense.

Vaike: His personality is grating.

Ricken: Too childish.

Kjelle: I feel like I could like her once she gets over herself.

Maribelle: While she has some characteristics that are big negatives (her superiority complex) I feel that her good traits redeem her overall.

Donnel: This may sound silly, but when I sell his stuff his comment really annoys me and makes me dislike him.

Lissa: As a person she's fine, but she has never been a good unit for me. (not claiming shes a bad unit overall)

In general, a lot of the gimmicks are overdone which makes people really annoying. This is why I enjoy the people with more real personalities that don't have the overdone gimmicks.

Edited by n00srac

I at first didnt really like Maribelle, but after reading some of her supports I found she is actually pretty cool. Then all the sudden in some random barrack conversation she mentions "parsol-fu" and I had to start hating her again because WHY ISNT THAT IN THE GAME!!!

PS I would love a screen grab of her saying that cause I cant find it (after looking for like 5 min)

Excellus is kind of a gimmie since he's "NYEAUGH" incarnate... ehhh... Nowi and Stahl.

Nowi because I don't really care for the whole "little 8 year old girl but actually 1000 years old" trope or her... personality.

Stahl because he's just an Illyana character of "eat eat eat pls", but made purposely generic and standard.

Honorable mention to Gangrel pre-Paralogue because his evil nature didn't feel like it had an overall agenda, but I wound up liking the hell outta Gangrel afterward through supports n'junk. Good Guy Gangrel (sort of).

Brady, kinda, just because the horrible modifiers he inherits from Maribelle. I pair her with Vaike to make him more... less useless. And I would say...Laurent and Miriel. I don't really think Chrom is a bad Lord character, Roy is way worse, honestly. Also, I don't know why, but I never actually felt the Avatar was a depection of me, per se, I just think it is a character you can mold yourself, but is not yourself, and is part of the story.

Characters I hate:

Rickon (all he does is die!)

Cordelia (her personality is pretty bad)

Basilio (He was really annoying)

Gerome (too angsty)

Laurent (his mother was funny but he wasn't different enough)

Noire (I like her when she's not screaming)

Characters I love:

Basically everyone else. The characters were great in this game

Chrom.

Lissa.

Frederick.

Virion.

Miriel.

Vaike.

Stahl.

Sumia.

Kellam.

Lon'qu.

Donnel.

Maribelle.

Ricken.

Gaius.

Panne.

Cordelia.

Nowi.

Tharja.

Anna.

Olivia.

Cherche.

Henry.

Say'ri.

Morgan.

Lucina.

Brady.

Severa.

Owain.

Laurent.

Yarne.

Noire.

Nah.

Inigo.

Kjelle.

Gerome.

Cynthia.

Gangrel.

Validar.

Walhart.

Excellus.

Cervantes.

Aversa.

Priam.

Emmeryn.

Phila.

Tiki.

Flavia.

Basilio.

Yen'Fay.

Naga.

Grima.

All of the Risen.

All of the villagers.

All of the Plegians.

All of the Ylisseans.

All of the Rosannese.

All of the Chon'sinians.

All of the Valmese.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Edited by HeavyBrawlsGuy

• 2 weeks later...

Ricken... you annoying little ARGH!

Also, inferior to Miriel (in my opinion so don't start another argument :facepalm: )

He just wasn't a very good unit for me, constantly falling behind Miriel and very iffy reclassing options made him a nightmare for me.

Nah... that Inigo support.... poor Inigo. :/

I dunno, the wannabe Zelos sorta has it coming.

He has his reasons, sure, but he is more on a chauvinist side than even Zelos. He's really kind of an ass in many of his supports, so I don't really feel sorry for him at all with that one. In fact I kinda like it, since she's playing the Sheena to his Zelos. But with 100% more BETA induced trauma CHOMP CHOMP.

Well

Thraja (only like cause Tits) horrible mother Thought I like noire though

Brady ( maribelles son I just don't like him)

Maribelle( see Brady)

Excellus( remind me why do people like him?)

VIRION( CAUSE HE IS JUST A SHITTY BEGGING UNIT AND HE SUCKS AS A CHARACTER)

*pant pant*

ok rage over I believe this one also sucks but u know Generic Villagers cause they are absolute dumbass's at all times

I dunno, the wannabe Zelos sorta has it coming.

He has his reasons, sure, but he is more on a chauvinist side than even Zelos. He's really kind of an ass in many of his supports, so I don't really feel sorry for him at all with that one. In fact I kinda like it, since she's playing the Sheena to his Zelos. But with 100% more BETA induced trauma CHOMP CHOMP.

Arr. I do think Nah was too harsh but then i see his supports with Lucina or someone and im like "Dude, Nah, chomp him in the berries."

VIRION( CAUSE HE IS JUST A SHITTY BEGGING UNIT AND HE SUCKS AS A CHARACTER)

Slanderous lies and filth! If Virion has one thing going for him besides his bitchin' design, its that hes actually something resembling decent characterization and depth.

Cordelia: I found the "oh why won't Chrom notice me" thing to become a bit tiring after a while. I personally feel like she never fully gets over her crush on Chrom which was a bit iffy to me. To me, she blatantly neglects Severa, which is never okay!! (and while I don't exactly approve of Severa's actions, I understand why she acts the way she does.) To me, her character doesn't have a lot of depth ..? From my perspective, she's beautiful and good at everything but doesn't think she's good at them. While I can somewhat relate to her on that level, as I have a lot of self-confidence issues myself, she didn't really stand out much for me.

Tharja: Child abuse. Her obsession with the Avatar was kind of creepy and I feel like she never genuinely loves her husband ..? (Basically she's just "settling" for her husband because she can't have the Avatar) This is just my opinion so please feel free ignore it if you disagree with it!!

Miriel: After time, her personality gradually became more and more tiring. I think she had a lot of potential, but the way she analyses every single thing can be a bit grating after time.

Laurent: To me, he's very similar to his mother, which wasn't exactly the best thing in my opinion. His S support with Noire made me kind of irritated, to be honest. He encourages her more violent/angry nature ("If there was anything I did that met with your displeasure, you must get angry!") and I don't exactly feel like that would be a great relationship.

Nah: While I haven't honestly used her a lot, seeing her S support with Inigo - and to me it feels like she was forcing him to marry her - didn't exactly give me a great impression of her. Granted, I don't know a lot about her so I'm not really sure just yet ..

I'm personally not too fond of any of the generic bosses either .. Please know that these are all just my opinions and please just take them with a grain of salt. I'm really really sorry if this comes across as rude, I really don't intend to be ..!! I'm so sorry this post is kinda long as well, I'm new to the forums but if this comes off as a bit formal I'm super sorry ;__;

Edited by Ashlotte