Killing of Ike on 3-13

I want to ask you guys what do you think of killing off Ike, using the method that involves him having a non-Ragnell sword equipped so he doesn't get that beefy +5 Def. What do you think of that method? Does it make you feel cheap, or that you're "cheating"?

By the way, assume HM and maybe an effeciency or LTC context (it's optional). It can give you a significant easier time.

In an LTC, killing Ike in 3-13 saves, what, 10 turns? The fastest I've seen anyone cross the map and kill Ike is 2 turns, though one may be possible. I see no reason why not to kill him.

In casual play, I feel like exploiting a minor oversight (I think it was an oversight, at least) is perfectly justified, especially when you're forced to use the Dunce Brigade.

Yeah, it's the best way to go because it saves you lots of turns and also saves you from the risk, if your general team is relatively weak.

Integrity was the first person to 1-turn, with Laura and Purge. It was in a NM draft, though...not to discredit him. Just not sure if it's actually viable in HM.

I was actually somewhat doubtful about it, considering effeciency doesn't go as fast as LTC.

Also, the strategy doesn't necessarily imply that Laura has to be able to double. Integ used Adept.

Edited by The leaving song II

Suicide. Even without Ragnell, Ike's a tough nut to crack unless you gimped him somehow. And that's assuming you can even get past the hordes of Laguz when outmanned and outgunned.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Cheap.

It´s exact the same way I beat Ike too on hard mode! She´s the only one, who can reach the bottom level and take two hits from a tiger. I give her cancel and resolve and put Volug next to her. On easy mode I have more ways, because you can get more third tier units.

I don´t really get the question. The developers made this a survivsal mission, but defeating Ike ends the chapter, too. If they don´t want you to beat Ike, then they wouldn´t have used the second option.

The also didn´t include a required number of turns that your units have to sit out in that chapter. So you can do it in one turn, if you can. Why not?

Using a Slim Sword over a Ragnel is questionable, but being able to decide the weapon for an enemy is questionable to begin with.

I didn't even have a Galeforce user there until the very end of the chapter, where Sumia got to level 15. 8P You need something like two Galeforce.

Sacrificing Tiki is a must if you don't have them, otherwise you have to wait them out a bit. And they just keep coming...

What is this bull! EXPLAIN.

Oh, wait. Most of my team couldn't 1RKO, that would make sense...

Edited by The leaving song II

iirc it’s more reliable to sacrifice Tiki and requires less combat units, with more lenient stat benchmarks (probably less forging too).

Of course, considering it’s a Paralogue, why are you even going there if not to recruit Tiki? >_>

Re: the original topic (for what it’s worth), I don’t personally think it’s cheap or cheating (quite clever, actually), and regardless, who cares and why does it matter? Playstyle, etcetc.

Edited by XeKr