CT075

you can randomize hacks like TLP.

FE7CM Random Reclass run. Now with more Chaos! Because I'm too lazy to transfer the growths from CM.

On a serious note, I think this is turning out quite well.

Edited by Kao

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you take a screen of the exact error? You may have to explicitly go open it with python 3.4, because the error with "<string>" doesn't exist past python 2.x

I'm also going to hijack this post with an announcement that I'm halting work on this project and considering it functionally complete. I will maybe release some extra bugfixes, etc in the future, maybe tidy up the last few hiccups with FE8 support (namely the whole "always 4 items" thing), but I won't bother going through for FE6 class randomization or anything.

http://imgur.com/kI8G8Lk I could swear I was using 3.4 specifically but I'm gonna re-try everything because this just isn't making sense

Hi, I'm having an error as well trying to get the randomizer to work on OS X. I'm able to load the fe7.gba file by first opening python (tried with both 2.x and 3.x) and dragging the fe7.gba file into it, but then it won't run the commands in the script, saying that the commands are not found. Any help would be greatly appreciated since this looks like an amazing randomizer!

dhcp-v880-17c-00824:release fluorophore$ open /Users/fluorophore/Desktop/release/fe7.gba

dhcp-v880-17c-00824:release fluorophore$ /Users/fluorophore/Desktop/release/fe7script.txt

/Users/fluorophore/Desktop/release/fe7script.txt: line 1: game: command not found

does not exist.fluorophore/Desktop/release/fe7.gba

/Users/fluorophore/Desktop/release/fe7script.txt: line 3: r: command not found

/Users/fluorophore/Desktop/release/fe7script.txt: line 4: r: command not found

: command not foundDesktop/release/fe7script.txt: line 5: dump

: command not foundDesktop/release/fe7script.txt: line 6: close

dhcp-v880-17c-00824:release fluorophore$

Okay, I tried that, and then it gave me the following. fe7.gba is the patched rom (with 0.73):

Last login: Wed Dec 3 15:08:20 on ttys000

dhcp-v880-17c-00824:~ fluorophore$ cd Desktop/release

dhcp-v880-17c-00824:release fluorophore$ ls

COMMANDS.txt data romhacking

FE7 Fix Patch V0.72.ups fe7.gba run.py

Fix Patch.ups fe7script.txt save.sav

README.txt future.txt script.txt

cli.py rdata.py util.py

cli.pyc rdata.pyc util.pyc

dhcp-v880-17c-00824:release fluorophore$ python run.py fe7script.txt

FERandomizer ver 0.4

Try using the 'help' command or reading the included commands.txt file

to get information on how to work this thing. Remember to 'open' a ROM

before you start!

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "run.py", line 355, in <module>

main(sys.argv)

File "run.py", line 344, in main

os.chdir(os.path.dirname(args[0]))

OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ''

dhcp-v880-17c-00824:release fluorophore$

Edit: I also tried the instructions for mac users I saw on reddit and changed the file to match the error marked IMPORTANT after step 8 and that didn't do anything.

Edited by fluorophore

Hahaha I love getting the weird errors! At this point, if I try to close the terminal window, it indicates that there is a process running that I would be stopping (and the same thing occurs if I go to the release folder and open run.py without using the terminal).

Wills-MacBook-Air:~ fluorophore$ cd Desktop/release

Wills-MacBook-Air:release fluorophore$ python run.py

FERandomizer ver 0.4

Try using the 'help' command or reading the included commands.txt file

to get information on how to work this thing. Remember to 'open' a ROM

before you start!

>>>

Edit: If I hit enter at that point:

>>>

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/Users/fluorophore/Desktop/release/run.py", line 355, in <module>

main(sys.argv)

File "/Users/fluorophore/Desktop/release/run.py", line 348, in main

userInput = input('>>> ')

File "<string>", line 0

^

SyntaxError: unexpected EOF while parsing

Wills-MacBook-Air:release fluorophore$

Edited by fluorophore

Can you make sure that you're running the right python version (you can do this by opening terminal and just typing "python" and reading the message that comes up)? I'm pretty sure that error doesn't exist in python 3.

Ahh that was it! On macs it seems the command "python" defaults to Python 2 even if I've tried to delete the installed version and use Python 3 instead. Navigating to the folder and using "python3 run.py" and then opening the rom and randomizing via the commands worked. Thanks so much for your help! I can't wait to use the randomizer now!!!

Hi friends!

I'm new here and have no clue how to do any of this crap. I've downloaded and installed Python and I think I've got the latest version of the randomizer, but I didn't get any instructions or anything like that in my randomizer folder when I extracted it.

Is there any chance there's noobproof walkthrough or something that I might be able to follow?

Cheers.

put "FE7.gba" into the release folder, then drag scriptfe7.txt to run.py

Okay... I don't have a scriptfe7.txt

http://prntscr.com/5dm83f is my randomizer folder.

http://prntscr.com/5dm8l9 inside the romhacking folder

http://prntscr.com/5dm8op inside the fe folder.

I tried going to your dropbox thing that you linked in the original post but it led me to a 404'd page cannot be found thing.

Apologies for taking up your time >.>

• 3 weeks later...

Playing around with the jobs .json, I added in a working switch to make everyone a lord class, and yet, despite being almost exactly the same code, am unable to make it only magic units.

in the json there's

{"type": "jobdata", "values": {"lords":true, "up_id": 1, "pr_id": 7}, "name": "Eliwood Lord"},
{"type": "jobdata", "values": {"wizman":true, "up_id": 28, "pr_id": 30}, "name":"MONK"},

and so on, and in util there's

if mageonly:
				jobs = [j for j in joblist if 'wizman' in j['values']]
			else: jobs = joblist
			if alllord:
				jobs = [j for j in joblist if 'lords' in j['values']]
			else: jobs = joblist

as well as the associated code in def randomizejobs so it knows those commands exist. Lords works perfectly, mages doesn't work at all.

• 5 weeks later...

it works on my android phone with a lot of tinkering (i ended up installing a terminal and essentially running the app like i would from a unix computer); i wouldn't recommend it

No. Primefusion made FE8MR himself.

As for randomizer updates, Cam is tentatively planning a full rewrite of the entire code in a few months. It's poorly optimized and not easily expandable/fluid, we want to make it much better.

Edited by Klokinator

development on this project should be considered entirely halted, no further bugfixes or updates will be deployed

plans are in motion to write a replacement, but don't expect any particular timeframe on it.