CT075

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like every1 else, im getting random gleipnirs and statboosters. I just throw away the gleipnirs and attempt not to use too many stat boosters. Also erika is a dancer. :P And seth started with no weapons cause gleipnir, hes a sage with 2 healing staves and thats it

EDIT: lol i re randomized, got no stat boosters but a few random hatchets and stuff. Also, presenting the archer run. Erika and gilliam are archers, yet erika is the male one and gilliam is the female archer. He also brought a fiend cleaver. It seems as though characters will get 2 items that work for them and then 2 random ones.

LOLOLOLOL MOULDER BECAME A FEMALE CLERIC LOL

FUCK ME ROSS AND GARCIA ARE BOTH ARCHERS WTF

ARTUR IS AN ARCHER WTF WTF

just saw la rechel or watev her name is, SHES AN ARCHER, dolza and rennac? BOTH GREAT KNIGHTS. I HAVE ARCHERS UP MY ANUS. WHAT A SUPRISE, FORDE IS AN ARCHER

EDIT/NOTE: all units that are originally mages have magic instead of strength, but are still able to use the weapons like axes. They deal magic damage with non magic wepaons, i love it

Alright heres the thing, by looking around in nightmare i found some things out. I believe that magic units being changed to non magic units result in them having magic instead of strength, as their actualy character is not edited but only what they appear as in the chapter. I think the characters classes themselvs will have to be changed. Example: Lute appears as a fighter in chapter 4. I go to the chapter unit data, and it says she is a fighter. I go to character data and it says that she is still a Mage (f). Also all magic characters that have been changed to a non magic class have bugged animations. They will always use the ranged magic based weapon animation for their class. In my case, Artur is a archer, so hes fine. He's a archer that does damage based on enemy res, which is cool. :D

Edited by Kobazco

it's not the fact that they're magic classes it's because they have base magic weapon ranks (has nobody noticed that i have literally eben saying to turn animations off for units that were originally magic classes since i released this version?)

aka i was too lazy to make a fix patch

Edited by CT075

it's not the fact that they're magic classes it's because they have base magic weapon ranks (has nobody noticed that i have literally eben saying to turn animations off for units that were originally magic classes since i released this version?)

I noticed, I probably just forgot to mention that after you said to turn animations off, I turned them off. :x

People are dumb :/

Well that's rather uncalled for. Whenever like, an update or something happens, people typically expect the warning to be added to the first post. This warning is in like, page 10 or 11 or so, so it's going to be expected that some people will missed said warning.

The download from the main page does not have the Script.txt,fix that please

a766ae1c0f.png

i am far too lazy to make a new script file that consists of changing one character

People are dumb :/

It's fun being dumb klok! :D

I did turn off animations for people who had this happen before i even saw your post. I just wanted to say what i thought was happening, but then again, idk how most of it works lol. Anyway, im just gonna patiently wait here for monster classes to be added in :D. Also cormag is impossible to get to if not a flier or brigand

a766ae1c0f.png

i am far too lazy to make a new script file that consists of changing one character

Thats from your doc,which is in your assinature,my point still stands.

But anyway,got it now thank you for the randomizer,(DAMM YOU BOLTING 15 DAMAGE IRON AXES)

bf14240a99.png

the download is the only thing in my doc; that screen is what's inside the "release" zip (which is, coincidentally, what's linked as the download)

Edited by CT075

Been bored, so I did a couple more runs of FE7. Here's some things.

So, buffs to the lord characters worked out pretty well. They're consistently some of my best units.

LLqCpYa.png

ev4fHUZ.png

C0ALCjv.png

Also, Eliwood gets sexy palettes.

i9VtcZf.png

Renault

ocRwGJv.png

Lolforcedstaffbot

4BG36MY.png

huh. dem stats doe

Harken is a smexy waifu.

4sBhaoD.png

VoV6nYY.png

Oooh, Harken bby. Dat MAG.

This was a pretty cool randomized weapon insert.

FAy9Dr0.png

PtuqvUc.png

CAPABLE OF WHAT, KLOK? CAPABLE OF WHAT???

I also had a Thief!Guy that got a B sword rank and random'd with a Brave Sword. Pretty OP thing to have on chapter 13.

Speaking of starting inventories...

HhchsoL.png

WogHGPp.png

I enjoyed the free Warp, but is that supposed to happen?

EDIT: I think I figured it out. I played Lyn mode. My fault. He probably ought to spawn with a higher wlvl.

Lyn's Lord class seemed really weak to me. Here's some screenies:

HH2VnnP.png

24dOPLU.png

These stats don't seem too bad, but I don't know - it felt like these characters needed a ton of babying. Never really ended up feeling like the better-than-swordmaster that Lyn did. Once they promoted, got bows, and didn't have to fight on the front lines, they ended up okay.

Q4mdnKO.png

Confirming that the forced promotion can get you to tier 3. Probably no reason why it wouldn't have, but just saying.

I finally got a couple of Soldiers that seemed worth using, so I just thought I'd share my thoughts on the Tier 0s.

mHVjqBT.png

I arena abused Rath to 20/20/20 just to see what he'd look like.

HnYCu5P.png

And, for the record, when he capped HP, at 20/20/3.

R7rHqMi.png

Maxed Pent for comparison.

jPlsREi.png

20/20 Matthew. Again, absurd HP.

Okay, so. The extra levels give you some pretty boss characters. But I think there's a couple of problems with using these guys. Firstly, the Cav's caps are terribly low for an effective tier 2. Both Matthew and Rath got a LOT of blank level ups after about 20/10 or so, and again after reaching Paladin. Mostly what you gain is the extra health pool. Otherwise, it's probably just best to promote at 20/10. Well, 10/20 would probably give better results.

The problem with using Soldiers is resource allocation. Rath obviously ended up being better than Pent, but Pent needed about... a sixth of the levels to get to 20/20. Depending on what the randomizer gives you, the Knight's Crests are a needed commodity too. You're already missing out on the one from Lyn mode, if you don't get a thief you don't get the one on Vaida's chapter... so if you get other Knights or Cavs (especially among your lords) your 20/20 capped Cavalier might not get to be an uberPaladin until it's outclassed by other units.

Compare to SS, where Tier 0s only had 10 levels to begin with and auto-promoted, which is what I wish Soliders did here. Since that's obviously not possible, I think they'd be a lot better if they were a standalone class and got Halberdier or something.

HxpSwdk.png

#sexyredfalcoknight

Edited by Darcy

everything is possible (including forced promo at L10), the question is how much ASM i'm willing to do for this/write into the actual program (not much)

I may just go through and change all promotion items to earth seals. That will fix all issues with low promotion item numbers, I think?

The soldier<cav<paladin is staying in for now though. I have been planning to add the Dragoon or halb later on, but not for now. Bit busy.

• 2 weeks later...

I may just go through and change all promotion items to earth seals. That will fix all issues with low promotion item numbers, I think?

The soldier<cav<paladin is staying in for now though. I have been planning to add the Dragoon or halb later on, but not for now. Bit busy.

That's a gr8 idea klok, can't wait for that fix patch! *nudge nudge* I'm an asshole for asking for this.

Edited by Kobazco

You know, it wouldn't take you long yourself with nightmare, a wiki, and a teeny bit of aptitude. I'm real busy right now lol

D: I know i could probs fix the weapon level glitch. Sorry for bothering u klok

OH HEY THERE PEOPLE. I've gone ahead and went through nightmare for about 10 mins and got rid of EVERYONES weapon level!! Yaaay. I have tested it up to the point where you get moulder, as he is the first magic user. All weapon level things seem to be fixed, magic users no longer have a magic stat, and their animations work with this wonderful patch! Having trouble not exploiting the weapon triangle with your pirate franz using swords due to old weapon levels? Well, no longer! This is all my small brain can do, I have no idea how to put monsterclasses in and shit like that, so I'll just wait happily for that while i play the weapon fix! :D

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mxtir88fdy0pavv/Weapon+level+fix.ips <--------- Use Lunar IPS, its great. :D Hope this works for everyone, please patch a CLEAN ROM BEFORE RANDOMIZING. Then randomize the patched ROM. :D :D :D

NOW PRESENTING KOBAZCO'S FIX PATCH FOR REALLY IMPATIENT PEOPLE. The enclosed IPS patch will do the following : Fix the weapon level glitches. Make gargoyles have the aid of a wvyren rider and make tarvos have the aid of a social knight. And it will make the chapter 2 shop include monster weapons! Also, the 3 JSON files included must replace the original randomizer's ones which are located in this path! Release/data/fe8. There you will find the job_slc, w_ranks, and weapons JSON Files, Replace these with the ones you downloaded from me, and all monster classes will be added, and the gleipnir glitch will hopefully be fixed! Happy randomizing people! http://www.mediafire.com/download/y4tz0x487loollx/THE+fix+patch.zip http://www.mediafire.com/download/y4tz0x487loollx/THE+fix+patch.zip http://www.mediafire.com/download/y4tz0x487loollx/THE+fix+patch.zip

Edited by Kobazco

the gleipnir glitch is because i didn't adjust the inventory randomization algorithm to account for empty item slots correctly

it's fixed on my working version, i'm just trying to find motivation to fix some other problems that popped up in the meantime

the gleipnir glitch is because i didn't adjust the inventory randomization algorithm to account for empty item slots correctly

it's fixed on my working version, i'm just trying to find motivation to fix some other problems that popped up in the meantime

All i did was remove gleipnir from the list of weapons you can get if you had a S or E rank in like, any magic. Why it was even there, idk. Also i just remembered my patch has no way to promote monsters. GG

I have no pic to show, as I am currently leveling my team in the tower of valani, but on chapter 11 :phantom ship my dozla was a great knight. Now, while cool and all, he came with the S rank legendary bow Nidhogg. I cant show a pic because chapter 11 is kicking my ass over and over again and i havnt been able to recruit him yet. But yeah. Nidhogg, iron sword and iron axe lol. Also I must say, monster classes are really fun to play with :D