CT075

That's fine, take your time.

While you're here, why don't the character's palettes change too? They're all generic palette with expectation of vanessa, tana, cormag and that other stupid horsebird's mount color.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fine, take your time.

While you're here, why don't the character's palettes change too? They're all generic palette with expectation of vanessa, tana, cormag and that other stupid horsebird's mount color.

Because FE8 ... lol just messing. But because unlike FE7 that just associates each character with the palette. FE8 associates the characters palette with the classes the characters are originally.

I'm having another small problem that I'd like to report. The -noaxes and -nobugs flags only are messed up. After I add them in any of the games, when I type 'apply' or 'close', it says "Incorrect arguments for command 'apply'." (Or 'close'). I tested the other flags and they all work fine.

I also found another thing. Seth got a 2-range lance that does not have a ranged animation in the prologue and I was forced to use him. (-anarchy screwed me over by giving Eirika 2 15% hit-rate bows) Seth ended up killing the boss, but it didn't have an animation. For some reason the game didn't register that the boss had actually died and I could not beat the chapter because of that.

Edited by omegaman

i tried it out, i think ill just wait for the fix patch. it was extremely hard and i got owned a lot which is something i never say about sacred stones.If palettes cannot be implemented thats a little disappointing but it did work sometimes like forde being a pink knight.

its most likely something simple and stupid on my end but as soon as i open run.py and type anything etc:help,open fe8.gba it flashes some text and closes. any of this sound like a fixable thing?

i tried it out, i think ill just wait for the fix patch. it was extremely hard and i got owned a lot which is something i never say about sacred stones.If palettes cannot be implemented thats a little disappointing but it did work sometimes like forde being a pink knight.

It made sacred stones better?! Perfect no fix patch needed!

I'll post more later, but right now I just want to say that Eirika seems really weak. Maybe that's just lack of swords against the brigands and no prf weapon, but... I remember Klok had to fix the lord classes in FE7 because some of their bases were tied to the class and not the character (or something like that). Wondering if something like that is also true for the lord classes in FE8, or if I'm just bad.

I haven't tested and won't be testing the FE8 randomizing algorithm for a while. I have FE7 chaos mode for my current project to work on.

I'm also referring to any balance issues and whatnot. Reporting anything now before I've begun even the most preliminary of stat checking is pretty useless, since I'll find out a million things you won't since I'm extremely thorough.

Edited by Kloknihater

we'll be doing gameplay adjustments gradually; I'd personally like to move some parts of the fix patch (nulling original weapon ranks, fixing ranged axes etc) into the randomizer itself and leave the fix patch for balance purposes but that's honestly up to klok

nulling original weapon ranks

Aside from making the FE6 and FE8 fix patches take slightly (And I do mean slightly) less time, I don't see any significant benefit over this. Won't it just slow the randomizer down?

fixing ranged axes etc

Oh god yes please please sweet jesus god yes please.

Edited by Kloknihater

i personally disagree with bundling fixed axe animations/weapon ranks into the same patch as gameplay adjustments (i, for one, enjoy blasting through a completely unbalanced game with crazy classes and disco palettes)

Bugfix release.

download

2014.07.10 - ver 0.4a (bugfix) released. Fixed a bug that would cause

crashes when using a -nobugs flag during item randomization. Added

support for writing crash logs instead of just dying when errors were

found.

you get three guesses as to what that error message means

hint: is there a file called "fe8.gba" in that folder?

Edited by CT075

I'm getting a similar error. Whenever I tried to type in any command, the program just closes out, with me only catching a small glimpse of the Error Message. I'll try to point it out with a screenshot. It's kind of hard to see, since it tried closing itself, but here it is.

ee7zAuM.png

EDIT: Using Script.txt, I successfully randomized FE8.

Edited by Nexas

I was able to get the new release working fine on my mac running a windows emulator (Parallels), so that's a bit odd. Then again, I just dragged the script file onto the run application. Worked for both FE 7 and FE 8.

I did notice a few oddities, though--

r_fe7_01_zps9baf18f6.pngr_fe7_02_zpsdd6a4836.png

yes i got two shamans in the first chapter. too good

I don't think they should have speed wings, should they? I mean, I could certainly USE them, Bartre has base 2 speed, but I'm guessing they aren't supposed to be there.

I know you already know about the derpy sacred stones inventories but I figured I'd take a couple screens anyways

r_fe8_02_zps56e2d7b9.pngr_fe8_01_zps4fb401cf.pngr_fe8_03_zps0d6af821.png

(stats screenshot is for klok if he plans on doing a fix patch for sacred stones)

The rapier is from the event in the prologue, so you can safely ignore that as it's not being put there by the randomizer. Speedwing (again) is odd and I know Gleipnir was reported like a page ago, but eh, here it is anyways.

Lemee know if either of you want me to test anything in particular out for either game and I'll see what I can do. Love the work you guys have done, it's great fun :)

i would recommend turning animations off in fe8 until the fix patch is made because existing magic ranks makes that happen

on a side note, it seems that one of you is running the wrong version of python (python 3.4 doesn't give that error)

Edited by CT075