CT075

Here's all the offsets for all player units in FE8:

[spoiler=Long]FE8 Player units: Character names are listed in the same order as their offsets, generally
I left out a few cutscene appearances of characters, but gameplay-wise this is complete.

Prologue: Seth, Eirika
8B3C14,8B3C28

Chapter 1: Franz, Gilliam
8B417C,8B4190

Chapter 2:
Vanessa, Moulder, Ross, Garcia
(they appear several times so I'll just list them all. Also note that Vanessa is scripted to move on a peak - watch out)
8B431C,8B43D0,8B43E4,8B440C,8B4434,8B4448

Chapter 3: Neimi, Colm
8B45EC,8B4718

Chapter 4: Artur (8B4BD4 has a scripted battle) & Lute, (L'Arachel, Rennac, Dozla)
8B4918,8B4BD4,8B4BFC,(8B4CD8,8B4CEC,8B4D00)

Chapter 5: Joshua & Natasha (not sure which is right,so here's all)
8B5644,8B5914,8B593C,8B5950,8B59C8

Chapter 5x: Ephraim, Forde, Kyle, Orson
8B5A64,8B5A78,8B5A8C,8B5AA0

Chapter 8: Forde, Kyle (If killed in Chapter 5x)
8B760C,8B7620

Chapter 9A: Tana, Amelia
8B7C20,8B80F8,8B8170

Chapter 10A: Marisa,Innes,Gerik,Tethys
8B8824,8B898C,8B89A0,8B89B4

Chapter 11A: L'Arachel, Dozla
8B9CCC,8B9CE0

Chapter 12A: Saleh, Ewan (Last two are cutscene-only probably)
8BA184,8BA5D0,8BA5F8,8BA670

Chapter 13A: Cormag (Starts on and paths to peak tiles), Amelia (if not recruited in 9A)
8BAED4,8BAF10

Chapter 14A: Rennac (will probably want to give him door keys or something)
8BBF90

Chapter 15A: Knoll, Duessel
8BCAD4,8BCAFC

Chapter 9B: Amelia, Tana
8C26B0,8C26D8,8C282C

Chapter 10B: Duessel, Cormag (Paths over ocean and cliff tiles)
8C2FB0,8C3050

Chapter 11B: Dozla, L'Arachel
8C401C,8C4030

Chapter 12B: Marisa (incredibly still at level 5....),Ewan
8C48AC,8C4AB4

Chapter 13B: Tethys, Gerik
8C5288,8C529C

Chapter 14B: Knoll, Rennac (should probably get Chest Keys)
8C6444,8C646C

Chapter 15B: Innes, Saleh
8C72D8,8C72EC

Chapter 16A/B: Myrrh
8BCE94,8C7710

Chapter 17A/B: Syrene
8BE164

Edited by Vennobennu

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I plan to make a fix patch for FE8 in the future, the biggest issue being fixing a bit of the balance and adding in ways for monsters and their ilk to promote. Those offsets should be useful for cammy boy though, thanks a bunch. Risindevil is working on the FE7 enemy offsets, and if you wanted to do the same thing but for FE8 I'll add you to our group conversation.

I think it would be cool if you had a regular random option and a option for random promotions (as long as they use either a) share the weapon the pre promo class uses or b) just the same class of weapons i.e. weapon or magic. Though b would require people to not care about some classes not having animations for all weapon types. Unless someone makes the animations lol

right now it randoms units into a family (ie merc, cav, etc), and then promoted/prepromoted status determines whether the unit becomes the promoted or the unpromoted class

with this system, making the multiple promotions thing work is weird because, does a prepromote randomed into armor knight become a great knight or a general? I have a workaround (and you really wouldn't be able to tell), but it's only a temporary solution because doing it properly would involve rewriting some algorithms that i don't feel like reworking

-Sit impatiently for FE8 reclass option-

Your wish is my command!

0gNkt0V.png

FERandomizer v0.4 release

2014.07.08 - ver 0.4 released. Finally ported to python 3.x! Enabled FE8

unit randomization. Added "load" feature to reload randomized data from

a previous session. Various modularity fixes.

Note that there is no fix patch available for FE8; as such, you should be careful with everyone's weapon ranks. Units will retain their original weapon ranks until klok or myself decides to go through and fix it. Also, if you've dumped some randomized data (like for weapons or units), you can now reload it so as to retain your runthrough while updating fix patches! Edited by CT075

I'm probably doing something wrong here. I just download the new release and when I tried to randomize the FE8 units, it said "[Errno 2] no such file or directory: 'data\\FE8\\units.json'" I looked in the data folder and I only had a folder for fe7 and fe8. The fe7 folder has all of the .json files it need, but all the fe8 folder had was weapons.json. I don't even know where the fe6 folder is. I tried to do items for it and it gave me the same message as earlier.

Edited by omegaman

...i am so good at this "putting the right files into the release folder" thing aren't i

the download should be fixed now

Edited by CT075

I tried the fe8 randomizer, and everyone has multiple weapons and items even if they only had one originally. Eirika as a Thief spawned with an Iron Sword, Slim Sword and Goddess Icon, when in vanilla she just starts with a Vulnerary. Gilliam as a Cacalier spawned with two swords and two lances (iron/slim varieties).

edit: now Ross as a Lord has an iron sword, slim sword and Speedwings.

I can tell you that, in Chapter 16, if you promote your main lord during the ending scene, they'll turn into a Great Lord no matter what they were, since the cutscene promotion explicitly specifies what class to promote them to.

Edited by Vennobennu

clearly i've thought this through!

I honestly just rushed this out because everyone kept asking for it; expect me to iron out all the bugs slowly over the next month or so, because I'm working on this concurrently with a real-life project and other hacking projects

Okay so.

I tried the randomizer a few time.

I got Glepnir twice. One for Seth, which is okay, another is for Eirika who is a... Troubadour.

Despite Seth being a summoner, he CANNOT summon a phantom.

Edited by Fateborn

summons are hardcoded to ewan/knoll/lyon and i don't know how to fix it

also i have absolutely no idea why gleipnir is appearing in random inventories; i've had gleipnir show up in monks' inventories as well and i really don't know why ?_?

Edited by CT075

The Boulder is now the Moulder again.

He's a mercenary now.

Meanwhile Gilliam female!myrmidon.

Dat str.

Oh Vanessa has a brave bow in her starting inventory.

Edited by Fateborn

i changed the relevant files to reflect fe8 values, but i did it by hand without looking things up (as opposed to class values, which was automated) so it's probably wrong in a lot of places

Edited by CT075

i changed the relevant files to reflect fe8 values, but i did it by hand without looking things up (as opposed to class values, which was automated) so it's probably wrong in a lot of places

Cocky much?