Version 0.2 Download

Changelog:

2014.04.02 - ver 0.2 released. Included functionality to dump randomized

data into human-readable text files. Implemented "nhl" flag for unit

randomization which prevents Lyn, Hector and Eliwood from being class-changed

to units classified as "healers". Fixed a bug where inventories would be

incorrectly rerolled for units appearing in both Lyn and Eliwood/Hector Mode

campaigns.

In more human terms, I've fixed this and this. The "dump" command was also added if you want to see what actually got changed to what (it's not super pretty, though; be prepared to see a lot of incomprehensible numbers).

Edited by CT075

Based on shitloads of input, currently working on V0.72 of the bug fix patch.

7URHy.png

Marcus is nerfed back down to around FE7 stats. Will be nerfing other prepromotes as well.

7URJp.png

Cam still needs to fix T2 magi sometimes not spawning with usable tomes, characters spawning with two or more of the same tome as seen above, and healer characters starting without a usable staff, like having a torch or some other I-don't-heal-people staff.

7URQL.png7URT9.png7URVo.png

Lyn got some stat buffs so she's not total shit in any class but her own. I recommend the "-nhl" extension when randomizing units so you don't get healer Lyn.

I also fixed the Sain weapons glitch, now he starts with normal weapon levels. Will try and fix the Erk 0 HP bug but that might not be doable at the moment... we'll see. Also trying to catch other bugs so now's the time to hit me up.

Also considering giving Armors sword/axe/lance/bow on T1 and T2 both, so they have more utility. We'll see.

There's no way to add in a clause that says "When randomizing, if item ID in slots of same unit is identical, re-roll?" If it's something like dark magic, it could just give him the next rank of weapon above or below.

Edited by Klok

it's just a pain in the ass lol

EDIT

it's also asking for weird glitches like items not getting randomized if they're both usable and already exist in the unit's inventory

Edited by CT075

it's also asking for weird glitches like items not getting randomized if they're both usable and already exist in the unit's inventory

That wouldn't be bad though. I mean, the whole point is designating that the reclasses get usable weapons, so if it's usable then it's not a glitch. (Plus it's not like it unbalances the game or anything, and plenty of things already get the same weapons determined randomly.) Now, if, say, it gave you a flux, then it said "Shit no other E ranks available, toss in a random Fire tome" then that'd be a glitch.

Hey, long-time lurker and fan. Been playing most of these releases for my own amusement. I really appreciate the effort that's been put into these. Made an account to post a problem I've been having with the latest version (I just started this file this morning).

On chapter 19 HNM, my game repeatedly crashes at the beginning of turn 3, when Fiora would normally spawn. Twice this issue has caused the game to freeze, and since then it's been forcibly restarting the game each time it comes up. Since this seems so odd, I've made a link to my save file for your perusal.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/os9fxjt8gzmyja0/r_fe7.sav

Just sit there for 2 turns and see what happens. Hopefully this gives you some useful information?

Downloaded the new fix patch. It definitely got rid of the fiora issue (thank you).

This is what some of the nerfed pre-promotes look like:

post-11032-0-86357400-1396592273_thumb.png

post-11032-0-57508000-1396592274_thumb.png

... and here's a similar-level Farina for comparison.

post-11032-0-82690300-1396592272_thumb.png

So it looks like Louise is appropriately meh-tier once again, and Pent is good but not insta-capping things.

Some of the pre-promotes that haven't yet gotten the nerf hammer:

post-11032-0-13953000-1396592273_thumb.png

post-11032-0-68753500-1396592273_thumb.png

Oh, and I think a user in the other thread mentioned their Lucius seeming overpowered. Here's mine as a 20/12 Sage:

post-11032-0-29886500-1396592274_thumb.png

Yeah, I know Lucius is good, but is he supposed to be that good?

Oh, and my Ninian was still getting randomized. I saw Nils mentioned earlier in the thread, but I thought I'd bring that up.

Also, the Ultimate Seal currently demotes Sages back to Mages.

Edited by Darcy

Downloaded the new fix patch. It definitely got rid of the fiora issue (thank you).

This is what some of the nerfed pre-promotes look like:

attachicon.giflouise.PNG

attachicon.gifPent.PNG

... and here's a similar-level Farina for comparison.

attachicon.gifFarina.PNG

So it looks like Louise is appropriately meh-tier once again, and Pent is good but not insta-capping things.

Some of the pre-promotes that haven't yet gotten the nerf hammer:

attachicon.gifjaffar.PNG

attachicon.gifkarel.PNG

Oh, and I think a user in the other thread mentioned their Lucius seeming overpowered. Here's mine as a 20/12 Sage:

attachicon.gifLucius.PNG

Yeah, I know Lucius is good, but is he supposed to be that good?

Oh, and my Ninian was still getting randomized. I saw Nils mentioned earlier in the thread, but I thought I'd bring that up.

Also, the Ultimate Seal currently demotes Sages back to Mages.

Ooh, nice screenies. Thanks for that feedback.

Farina costs 20,000 gold to purchase and she kills LTCer's gold ranks. I don't mind her being a bit OP. That being said, I'll nerf her just a little bit.

Those are actually pretty average Lucius stats. ... ... If he were level 20/20. Those are the stats he always maxes in a normal playthrough, and low LUK/DEF means he can still be killed if melee enemies gang up on him.

I'll nerf his bases though.

Also thanks for mentioning the Ultimate seal thing, I'll fix that. I'll have another fix patch up today fixing those issues and a couple issues mentioned in the other thread.

I have got a suggestion that would make it more enjoyable: un-prf rapiers and stuff. I can easily go into nightmare and do that myself, but it takes a coupe minutes and is rather annoying to mess with.

Edit: Maybe make corsairs promotable if you haven't done that yet.

Edited by omegaman

i need a gauge of interest

at the moment my working copy has support for fe8 item randomization and did a few qol fixes but idk if it's worth a release

it's easier for me to write fe8/6 support for randomizing weapons and classes because the code's already there and i just need to load the data from the ROM into the right format; doing things like chests/items require me to write an entirely new algorithm