Should smoking of cigarettes be illegalized in the publicity?

Should smoking of cigarettes be illegalized in the publicity?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Should smoking of cigarettes be illegalized in the publicity?

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn´t matter
  2. 2. What is your view on smoking?

• It should be banned.
    • "Allowable areas" should be restricted.
    • It shouldn't be restricted in any way.
    • I have no opinion.

I'd rather the smoke be out in open air, where it's more likely to dissipate, than an enclosed area. Hence, if people want to smoke, I'd be happy if they did it the hell away from any ventilation vents/enclosed areas.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People shouldn't worry about Cigarettes that much and realize the much greater danger of Alcohol.

If you smoke, you only damage yourself, if that's what you want, go ahead.

If you drink, you might endanger others aswell. Yet advertisement for alcohol is allowed and champagne for kids is a common thing to find in supermarkets.

Garbage.

Is this a joke comment?

Second hand smoke isn't a thing... . No, of course not!

I think this comment is the typical view of a non tolerant smoker.

It's pretty much the same attitude like my parents had.

They smoked and smoked in the house unmindful of me.

I tried to bring them to stop with this shit over and over again, but it always failed!

And what happened:

i've been asthmatic for about 10 years............. thanks to second hand smoke!

• 2 weeks later...

I think electronic cigarettes can change the discussion completely. There is not much reliable info about it yet, but if it lessens the harm done to the user and to passive smokers, I'm changing my stance toward smoking.

I think electronic cigarettes can change the discussion completely. There is not much reliable info about it yet, but if it lessens the harm done to the user and to passive smokers, I'm changing my stance toward smoking.

IIRC there's no solid data indicating that they constitute a risk to health to date. Propylene glycol, which is the solvent for the e-liquid, is the same stuff that's used in fog machines. I've never owned an e-cig personally and I think a lot of the popular flavors are fairly obnoxious, but it's hard not to root for the dinky little things when they represent a solution to one of the world's biggest public health problems. Three of my four roommates quit smoking within the last couple years and are puffing on them constantly around the house.

The truth of it is, Alcohol is illegal past a certain point, and drinking and driving is illegal, people do it, yes, but it is illegal and there are repercussions. Don't make it illegal to do it, but you have to do it in your own home or in restricted areas, because smoking is very dangerous to people who don't smoke. If alcohol is not illegal and causes the harm it does, than neither should cigarettes, but there should be a limit, and since you can not judge or control number (like drinks) judge and control where, so that smokers only harm themselves. that really seems to be the only fair way to go about it.

Also definitely no jail time, but a fine that is higher in certain areas. (Hospitals, Schools, and the like)