NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

Chargers are good in December, but I can't really trust their secondary against Brady. Patriots secondary has held up pretty well considering they've had Manning, Luck, Stafford, Rodgers and didn't give up more than 26 in any of those games

Our secondary? We haven't been good against the run as of late, we used to be like 5th against the run. Though recent struggles of Rams and Ravens running game probably put us up.But I'm pretty sure our secondary is good, Flowers shutting down one area of the field, Weddle able to make picks. Shareece Wright can chase and tackle the receiver. Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't throw a single interception in a playoff run

Erm, Polamalu's pick-six in the 09 AFC Championship says hi. :P

You can't spell "Joe Flacco is elite" without Joe Flacco, after all.

Weren't you telling me earlier in this thread that Flacco ISN'T elite? I'm not trying to diss you or the Ravens here, I've always thought the Ravens were a good team and despite disliking them, it's still an honor to have such a good team as my team's main rivals. Plus those guys wear purple which is a cool color. :P But anyway, yeah, I'm just a little confused here...

On another topic, I have started to see why a lot of Steeler fans piss some of you guys off. They're starting to anger me too. All over the Steelers' Facebook posts lately, it's been "FIRE ALL THE STAFF AND THE GM!" and shit. Maybe Tomlin and Haley aren't the answers, but the other guys are just fine. Sure, whoever told Shaun Suisham to kick a god dang 54 yard field goal when he failed it the last time he attempted it (his leg just wasn't strong enough and the ball fell inches before the goal post) was an idiot that day, but sometimes even the best coaches will make a mistake like this every now and then. Maybe the special teams coach thought Suisham's leg might've gotten stronger, who knows? And Dick LeBeau still has an amazing defensive mind. He's just had a poor group to work with since all our awesome defenders (Ryan Clark, LaMarr Woodley, to name a couple who are still playing) left and several more have been hurt. Yet he's still made these chumps do some good things every now and then. I've seen some improvement in our o-line since we got a new o-line coordinator too. They just gotta keep moving forward.

But I don't think ALL the coaches should be fired. I did say this a long time ago, but that was a stupid comment to make. As cool a guy as Tomlin is, I'm starting to think that he and Haley need to change the way they coach or take a hike. And I want to see Tomlin improve. Same with Haley. They showed what they're capable of in weeks 8 and 9. I want them to progress and give us more of that. But if it can't happen, it can't happen...

And some other fans complained about the drafting. The team drafted well for offense! Le'Veon Bell, Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, they're awesome. Markus Wheaton has potential too. Dri Archer might've been a flop, sure, but he's the only one so far, I believe.

On the defensive side, well, my stepdad told me awhile back that it's harder to replace defenders. But I like Jarvis Jones and Ryan Shazier at least. They just need to NOT get hurt...

But yeah, some Steeler fans just need to shut the fuck up. I can't believe I cheer for the same team as some of these morons. Although, I'm sure every team's fanbase has some idiots in it... The ones rooting for the Steelers just might be the most vocal or something.

I'm talking specifically his 2012-2013 run and I'm definitely not 100% serious... It's a joke on this one radio interview where he said he was the best qb in the NFL, not just Top 5 but the best.

Hence he's #eliteasfuck

We gotta pick things up after losing to the Falcons. Stanton is not doing as hot as he did vs the Lions.. Maybe the pressure is getting to him.

Not to mention we got even MORE injuries last game.

Alright people! It's a bright new week of football and now I will post the Week 14 clinching and elimination scenarios from /r/nfl!

Clinching

THE INDIANAPOLIS COLTS CAN CLINCH THEIR DIVISION TITLE WITH:

- Indianapolis win + Houston loss

THE DENVER BRONCOS CAN CLINCH A PLAYOFF BERTH WITH:

- Denver win + Cleveland loss + Pittsburgh loss + Houston loss + Baltimore loss + Kansas City loss

Elimination

THE CLEVELAND BROWNS ARE ELIMINATED FROM A FIRST ROUND BYE WITH:

- Cleveland loss + Denver win + New England win

HOUSTON TEXANS ARE ELIMINATED FROM AFC SOUTH TITLE CONTENTION WITH:

- Houston loss + Indianapolis win

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS ARE ELIMINATED FROM AFC WEST TITLE CONTENTION WITH:

- Kansas City loss + Denver win

MINNESOTA VIKINGS ARE ELIMINATED FROM PLAYOFF CONTENTION WITH:

- Minnesota loss + Dallas win

- Minnesota loss + Seattle win

- Minnesota loss + San Francisco win

CHICAGO BEARS ARE ELIMINATED FROM PLAYOFF CONTENTION WITH:

- Chicago loss + Seattle win

- Chicago loss + Detroit win

- Chicago loss + San Francisco win

CAROLINA PANTHERS ARE ELIMINATED FROM PLAYOFF CONTENTION WITH:

- Carolina loss + Atlanta win

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS ARE ELIMINATED FROM PLAYOFF CONTENTION WITH:

- Tampa Bay loss

- Atlanta win

- New Orleans win

ST. LOUIS RAMS ARE ELIMINATED FROM NFC WEST TITLE CONTENTION WITH:

- St. Louis loss

- Seattle win

- Arizona win

- San Francisco win

ST. LOUIS RAMS ARE ELIMINATED FROM PLAYOFF CONTENTION WITH:

- St. Louis loss + Detroit win

- St. Louis loss + Dallas win + Seattle win

- St. Louis loss + Dallas win + San Francisco win

THE FOLLOWING TEAMS ARE ELIMINATED FROM PLAYOFF CONTENTION:

- Washington Redskins

- New York Jets

- New York Giants

- Jacksonville Jaguars

- Oakland Raiders

- Tennessee Titans

THE FOLLOWING TEAMS ARE ELIMINATED FROM DIVISION TITLE CONTENTION:

- Chicago Bears

- Minnesota Vikings

Few comments;

- NFC South may just come down to Atlanta vs New Orleans. I believe the term is "midget fighting"

- Pretty sure Rams are holding by a thread

- Seattle, San Francisco, and Dallas controls the fate of a lot of these NFC teams

- Finally the fucking Buccs will be eliminated with a loss or a win from one of two teams. So sick of this stupid bullshit about being nearly equidistant from the #1 pick and the top of their division

Edited by Lord Raven

NFL.com recommends to sit Ben in fantasy. But I like this. Why?

They also recommended to sit him against the Colts and Ravens. And we all know how that really turned out. :awesome:

Let the crazy jinx continue!

And similarly, every time they list Ben as a start 'em, he flops. Keep listing him as a sit!

Edited by Anacybele

Didn't Ben get like a wrist injury recently.

I say that's worse than broken ribs unless you're an ambidextrous quarterback lol. (Cites Jay Cutler's fail pass)

Ben said his wrist is fine and that there's nothing wrong with it. But I do hope that it won't hinder him much, if at all. But maybe he's been practicing throwing with both hands just in case.

They're playing the Bengals and in Cincy. They NEED this win really bad. And then for the Bengals to lose again in Pittsburgh when that game comes around. There's no longer room for bullshit!

Edited by Anacybele

I feel like doing picks on time this week.

Dallas @ Chicago - The Dallas D isn't inspiring, but they shouldn't have trouble running the ball or throwing to Dez.

Tampa Bay @ Detroit - "Chuck it to Mike Evans" is a good offensive strategy, although not good enough to beat a quality team on the road.

New York Jets @ Minnesota - The Jets DL can make things interesting, as can Geno Smith, in his own special way.

St. Louis @ Washington - The Rams aren't good at throwing the ball, but their running game and pass rush should be more than enough.

Baltimore @ Miami - With team co-leader in interceptions Haloti Ngata suspended, who will intercept passes for the Ravens? Which team will have more timely drops? Jokes. I'm picking the Ravens because Miami has a surprisingly mediocre run defense and their OL is bad once again.

Carolina @ New Orleans - Speaking of bad offensive lines, poor Cam. They just don't do anything well right now besides linebacking.

Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati - Dalton historically has looked really good against defenses that don't generate pressure well. Cincy's D is improving.

New York Giants @ Tennessee - 7-game losing streak versus 6-game losing streak. The Giants have at least looked competitive, though.

Indianapolis @ Cleveland - Indy should score plenty, but things could get dicey if Vontae Davis doesn't play (he has a concussion). The Colts have been incapable of stopping anyone without him.

Houston @ Jacksonville - J.J. Watt goes for seconds at AFC South buffet. The Jags D might be good enough to keep things close.

Kansas City @ Arizona - I'd rather not pick Alex Smith to beat a good defense on the road, although Arizona's injuries are really worrisome.

Buffalo @ Denver - The Broncos seem to have worked out their protection issues, at least to the point that I feel confident picking them at home.

Seattle @ Philadelphia - A legit secondary should give Sanchez trouble. McCoy will probably rack up some yards, but so will Lynch.

San Francisco @ Oakland - I'm not sure how the Raiders score. Kaepernick's struggles have been depressing, but not Raiders depressing.

New England @ San Diego - The Chargers' bright spot on D has been neutralizing #1 receivers, but the Patriots seem equipped to spread them out. Rivers should be able to keep his team close, though. I'm really looking forward to watching this one.

Atlanta @ Green Bay - Rodgers has 31 TDs and 0 INTs in his last 360 pass attempts at home, which feels relevant.

Sorry LR, it looks like the Ravens are pretty finished, what with Ngata being suspended for the rest of the regular season and an awful in-conference record (3-5 I believe)

We are pretty deep at DL though... You're acting like we lost Flacco or Daniels or something

Williams is an excellent NT and we have Canty/Upshaw and a few others to play DE/DT. I think we'll live. Especially cause if we make postseason we are fine, and I doubt the Browns/Steelers/Bills/Dolphins/Chiefs/Chargers win out or something ridiculous. Also remember we have Cincy in our division and they've got a prime time game against Denver left.

Edited by Lord Raven

Ravens should be fine if they go 11-5, if they go 10-6 the tiebreakers are unlikely to go their way (9-7 isn't going to cut it I think). Their schedule isn't too tough, but not easy enough that I think winning out is likely.

I think the other thing about our team is that our offense has been basically on fire the past two weeks. If our defense holds teams to below like 30 points then I think we've got a good shot at winning out.

This is still reminding me of 2009. I think 2009 had a lot of the same stuff - like 7 teams vying for the last two spots, and the Ravens having a questionable secondary.

EDIT: Sterling Moore is on the Cowboys? Holy shit fuck that dude.

Edited by Lord Raven

Being a Lions fan, this is the part of the year that I always start thinking about next season. I know we are still in it, it's just a habit. Assuming that the Lions don't retain N'Dominate Suh, where do you guys think he is going to end up next year? He affects the entire defensive effort for the Lions, and without him, they drop from Number One for most of the season to late teens at best, probably twenties. It doesn't always show up in the stats, but even with the constant double teams, he is still making plays, as well as creating space for others.

I have thought about this for awhile, and I think that Suh leaving to go to the Texans would result in one of the most amazing defensive combos in the league, maybe ever. I really want him to stay with the Lions, but if he doesn't, the thought of him and JJ Swatt destroying opposing offensive game plans just makes me chuckle and giggle non-stop. Would this not automatically become Andrew Luck's worst nightmare?

not likely unfortunately. the texans have about 2 million in cap space heading into the off season. doubt suh is gonna take less than 16 a year so they'd have to clear out 14 million, ie. the amount they pay jj watt iirc, and it doesn't seem likely.

[spoiler=teams above 11 million in cap]

1 Jacksonville Jaguars 27,781,853 2 Cleveland Browns 20,947,456 3 New York Jets 16,278,681 4 Philadelphia Eagles 14,809,366 5 Tennessee Titans 11,760,479 6 Pittsburgh Steelers11,198,903

those are the teams most likely to sign him in the offseason, clearing up 5 mill isn't too hard to do considering the age of some of those steelers players, and the titans have publicly stated they are going to make big changes next year. the others are already in or very near the suh range.

course im estimating a 6 140 contract, backloaded for obvious reason, but seeing how the market plays out it might just come down to the browns and jags.

Edited by Randa

i'm dumb, i forgot to account for the projected 7 mil salary cap increase. which also means the base for year will probably be something like 18 instead of 16

[spoiler=teams with a poject 13 mil or more in space heading into the offseason]

1 Jacksonville Jaguars 27,781,853 2 Cleveland Browns 20,947,456 3 New York Jets 16,278,681 4 Philadelphia Eagles 14,809,366 5 Tennessee Titans 11,760,479 6 Pittsburgh Steelers 11,198,903 7 Indianapolis Colts 10,324,749 8 Cincinnati Bengals 10,101,990 9 Green Bay Packers 7,739,859 10 Miami Dolphins 7,481,223 11 New England Patriots 7,301,856 12 Seattle Seahawks 6,616,518 13 Oakland Raiders 6,491,209 14 Baltimore Ravens 5,913,667

of that list, the ravens have nagta and i doubt they'll spend that much on their two interior defensive linemen i'd like to hear lord raven's thoughts on that though as he does know more than me on the situation. seahawks have mebane and they have to sign willson so they're out. the pats are gonna focus on restructoring revis's deal and will probably eat our cap if we succeed so we're out. cinci has atkins see the ravens.the jets really don't need another all world defensive lineman, sheldon, wilkerson, and suh that would be a terror and about half your cap right there.

so that leaves us with

[spoiler=teams in the suh sweepstakes]

Jags

Browns

Eagles

Titans

Steelers

Colts

Packers

Dolphins

Raiders

personally i say either the jags or the titans will sign him.

also i'm probably gonna do a similar process for demaryus and julius thomas once i find some contracts, with comparable numbers in the last couple years.

Edited by Randa

I think he'll go NT if he joins a 3-4 team. 6-4 305 is too short and too heavy for a DE IMO.

Also remember when people said geno smith was the best QB in the 2013 draft. Wow were they wrong.

Edited by Randa