NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

Man I remember the glory days (like 2 years ago) of Charles Tillman. He could force fumbles like crazy.

I have to say, it's hard to think of a better thanksgiving football lineup. Eagles vs Cowboys and Seahawks vs Niners are great matchups and Lions vs Bears could prove to be a good game.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manning has been crap lately. He's no longer top five, imo. Rodgers and Brady and Luck though, I agree on.

What I said is still fact too. Two great defenses couldn't stop the Killer Bs in Pittsburgh. I'm not saying it's impossible for the Steelers to lose, but the chances are slim.

Manning has struggled on the road this year- I think my earlier theory of the Broncos looking strong due to having a lot of frontloaded home games might hold some weight. I'd probably still put him at #4 I suppose.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Manning has been crap lately? Did you at least hear about the Dolphins game or...?

Chances are nowhere near slim for the steelers losing btw...

I didn't say he was crap in every single game.

And yes, the chances are slim. Read what I've been saying. The Saints aren't as good as the Colts or Ravens. But the Steelers torched the latter two in Pittsburgh (offensively, since our D was still quite injured). The Saints also have known road problems.

Edited by Anacybele

lol isn't that what you said about the Jets

Besides Manning had only two bad games this year... On the road against the Rams who nobody knows shit about and a very powerful and revitalized Pats team.

Also NOW...

The New York Football Giants are officially eliminated from playoff contention.

Edited by Lord Raven

Yes, but who seriously expected Antonio Brown of all people to fumble twice? Or Ben to also throw two bad interceptions? And Todd Haley to constantly run the ball against a good front seven and not throw it against a bad secondary after how successful throwing was against the Colts and Ravens? I certainly didn't. I expected more throwing and more Ben TD passes because it was known to EVERYONE that the Jets had a bad secondary and Ben was coming off of two 6 TD games in a row. And yeah, people still remained a bit skeptical because of the fiasco against the Bucs, but still, nobody expected any of this. And it shouldn't happen again any time soon. AB went back to being AB against the Titans (whenever he was used), Ben got back in his groove by the fourth quarter (a little late, but still), and of course, Le'Veon Bell ripped the defense apart again.

The Steelers are coming off a bye too, btw. They've had lots of practice time. And Polamalu, and Shazier are trying to get back in the D. And if they do, which they should, our D should get a much needed injection of power (though not a whole lot).

Edited by Anacybele

For Sunday I don't know whether to root for the Chiefs or Broncos.

Fuck both of them.

But... If Broncos lose we have divisional chances, if Chiefs lose, we have a better chance at Wild Card. Assuming we win against the Ravens that is...

I hate the Chiefs too (though I like the Broncos). They've been my most disliked team since the last time I watched them play the Steelers. In this one play, Ben tried to throw the ball, but his arm was hit as he threw it, knocking the pass way off course. But the whistle wasn't blown, so a Chief grabbed it and supposedly returned it for a TD. They started group celebrating in the endzone like a bunch of show off morons. It was obvious to EVERYONE that Ben's arm went forward and he had thrown it, so it was really an incomplete pass. It was ultimately ruled as such, yet the Chiefs were STILL celebrating their dumbasses off. They got a big penalty of course. Thankfully, they didn't win that game. But that little scenario still pissed me off.

EDIT: Oh, Ike Taylor is coming back! Woo hoo!

Edited by Anacybele

That's the dumbest reason to hate a team that I've ever heard. I'm assuming you're talking about the 2012 team because their 2012 season was perhaps the darkest season I have ever seen from a football team.

@Ana: saints are not a bad or horrible team they're 4-7 cause they lost a shitload of close games. Chances are far from slim. These guys held a high powered packers team to 13 points. Don't be arrogant. There's a reason almost no one likes to hear you talk in this thread.

Edited by Lord Raven

I agree that seems stupid. The Chiefs thought it was a fumble recovery for a touchdown and celebrated it- not really seeing the reason to hate here.

Packers scored 23 against the Saints actually, but I agree with the overall point. The Steelers have had a number of games against bad teams where they've played poorly (Bucs, Jets, Titans) and the Saints are better than those teams on most metrics one would use. I find it difficult to be confident in the Steelers.

Don't be arrogant. There's a reason almost no one likes to hear you talk in this thread.

Wow, that's a really low blow. And entirely unnecessary. I dislike a team and have a reason for it, deal with it.

As for the Saints, if they're good, then all the more reason the Steelers should beat them. They've been spectacular against great teams lately. I don't think the Saints are as good as the Colts or Ravens, like I said.

As for the poor games the Steelers had, I did say they were prone to self-destruction too, which is why there is still a possibility that they'll lose.

Edited by Anacybele

That "Arrogance" comment was definitely with respect to the Saints and not your stupid ass reasons for hating the Chiefs. You've never seen a team celebrate a touchdown before even if it were called back? Do you really think everyone would know if there were a flag or everyone would hear a whistle given how loud either stadium would be? Or do you just hate any time the Steelers are scored on? You also realize that at that point they were 1-8 - a sort of pain you Steelers fans will never understand - and could take what they could get right? Not only that but three weeks later one of their players murdered their wife, came to the facility, thanked his coaches, then committed suicide right?

That Kansas City Chiefs team had one of the worst seasons, not only in recent memory, but in NFL History. That's why your reasoning is stupid. One celebration over a TD in a season that was going catastrophic by every single definition of the word. It's nothing like the Raiders this season whose season looks bad but the future looks good. This season genuinely did not have many, if any, bright spots. No hope or anything.

But once again the arrogance came in when you assumed that there's a slim chance the Saints should win. Bullshit on this playing up/down to your opponents. You guys split the Browns and the Ravens who are 7-4 right now. That's not playing up to or down to your opponents. That's just pure inconsistency, and your secondary has been torched by tight ends all season. Guess who the Saints have?

Uh, wow, why are you making such a huge deal out of this? If you hate me so much, why not just shut up and ignore me?

But I will agree on one thing. The inconsistency is bullshit. But that doesn't mean I can't think there's a good chance of the Steelers winning.

As for the Chiefs, it's not the fact that they celebrated at all, it's that they GROUP celebrated in the endzone and didn't stop even when the play was ruled an incomplete pass. I'm fine with plain celebrating, just not taking it THIS far.

And the Saints have Jimmy Graham, who's a WR, and Mark Ingram, who's an RB. I've not heard anything about their TEs.

The only incorrect fact I stated was Jimmy Graham being a WR. Everything else I said about the Steelers and their performance at home is 100% true.

people deserve to be called out for factual incorrectness, poor reasoning, or inconsistency in their opinions.

Wow, that's a really low blow. And entirely unnecessary. I dislike a team and have a reason for it, deal with it.

Also, just because you don't like my opinion of the Chiefs doesn't give you the right to complain about it.

what i get from this: anacybele thinks that she has the right to her opinion, but lord raven doesn't have the right to his.

for goodness's sake, evaluate your consistency before you push the "submit post" button. it'll help you to be taken more seriously.

Edited by dondon151

I didn't say that Lord Raven can't think my opinion of the Chiefs is dumb. He's allowed to think I'm arrogant or annoying. He's allowed to think whatever the heck he wants. It's just rude for him to say something like that out loud. I apologize if I didn't make this clear, my mistake.

Edited by Anacybele

Uh, newsflash, opinions change all the time. Deal with it.

Also, just because you don't like my opinion of the Chiefs doesn't give you the right to complain about it.

Come to Mass sometimes and you will learn that people have, and frequently excercise, the right to complain about literally everything.

Well, this Mass is not SF.

But honestly, let's just stop here. The thread doesn't need to be derailed any further and I just want everyone to get along and talk about the NFL civilly and happily...

EDIT: Ray Rice won his appeal. The Steelers should sign him. :awesome:

Doubt it will happen though. lol No wife beaters allowed.

Edited by Anacybele