NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

I'm excited to see how teams makeover their Defensive Lines this offseason. There are an insane number of quality D-lineman free agents (Suh, Ellerby, JPP, James Houston to name a few) and also a lot of edge rushers in the upcoming draft.

I also wonder which team is gonna pay Suh the JJ Watt-money that he wants

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ellerby?

Also the possibility of Wilfork and Ngata hitting the open market is pretty crazy.

I meant Pernell McPhee, no idea where the fuq I got Ellerby from.

And I honestly think Wilfork will be cut if he doesn't take a pay cut. $8 mil for a mid-30's fat man is a lot of dough

Oh, McPhee is a hybrid 3-4 DE/3-4 OLB (as weird as that sounds), so he's an interior linemen and pass rusher all at once. I was thinking of Dannell Ellerbe, a former Ravens linebacker who went to the Dolphins and sort of blew once he left the Ravens.

Ngata will also be cut if he doesn't take the extension.

Whelp, Le'Veon Bell is suspended for two games next season. I had completely forgotten about the trouble he and LeGarrette Blount had gotten in last year. Should've known this was coming. :( At least this time, the Steelers have plenty of time to groom a backup RB. I don't think any RB right now can completely fill Bell's shoes, but as long as he can get some stuff done, the team ought to be fine. And who knows, Dri Archer could end up being the answer. I felt that Josh Harris had potential too.

They've also said that TE will probably be the only offensive position that will get drafted for us. And I'm glad to hear it. Miller is getting old and our defense needs a lot of help. Heath Miller is a hell of a blocker, but that's pretty much all he's good for now unless he gets wide open. Defenses tended to forget all about him in 2014, but I don't think that's going to happen this year. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Twenty posts per page and I still can't go a single page without OMG STEELERS.

Christ Ana, you single-handly make me despise the Steelers. Are all Pittsburgh fans as obnoxious about your team as you are?

I know this girl from Boston that I work with. She was the same but with the Patriots. One day, I sat her down and explained to her that she'll be treated as less of a joke when it comes to talking about football if she can speak about other teams for once. And now, we're cool.

New topic. The Buffalo Bills achieve their first winning record in 10 years. To celebrate, everyone quits.

Seriously, offseason for the Bills will be fun. Rex Ryan's the coach, QB issue will finally be looked at properly (either proper draft in 2016, EJ Manuel or another young FA within two years) and our defense is going to be retarded. Not enough that we lead the league in sacks this year but now the fun starts. The only questions is if Jerry Hughes gets replaced, resigned or franchise tagged (going with options 1 or 3).

If anyone has questions about the upcoming Buffalo train that will rule the AFC East starting next season, please go ahead and ask.

I hear Bernard Pollard's about to be released by the Titans. Do you think he would be a good fit for the Bills

Are all Pittsburgh fans as obnoxious about your team as you are?

Yes. Edited by Lord Raven

I hear Bernard Pollard's about to be released by the Titans. Do you think he would be a good fit for the Bills

It really depends. Da'Norris Searcy is going to FA but I'm pretty sure that the Bills are going to resign him (he's not too expensive and has great chemistry with the rest of the secondary). If he doesn't, I bet that Doug Whaley will look into him but I'll need to see more of him before I make a decision.

As far as I can tell, Searcy, Marcus Easton (WR) and Brandon Spikes (LB) will probably get resigned by the Bills. I'd love to keep Jerry Hughes but the chance that another team throws big money at him (10+ million) when he shouldn't be getting that amount (I personally wouldn't resign him for a dime over 9 mil) means that he'll go to the highest bidder. Shame too, Hughes is great as an edge rusher but he's also a product of a great defensive line that could rush 4 and still put major pressure. He was lacklustre in Indianapolis and if the Jags/Raiders/Falcons want to toss him a lot of money, good for him. Buffalo will probably be moving to a 3-4 this season and considering that Kiko Alonzo is coming back along with the rest of the Bills LB corps (Nigel Bradham, Preston Brown and maybe even Ty Powell stepping up) means that Jerry won't have much to do in Buffalo.

What's Baltimore's options regarding their secondary? Sounds to me that you might need Pollard more than us. Your offensive backfield is also a mess now, thanks to Ray Rice. Also, is Pernell McPhee going to FA? If so, I like him.

Edited by Man Bun

Yes.

Huh, I didn't know you knew every single Steelers fan in the world. Dedicated, aren't you?

Anyway, many of Lord Raven's posts are about the Ravens or mention the Ravens, so I don't see what the problem is. And I'm not breaking any rules. If you have a problem with my posts, ignore them or don't come in here. Simple as that.

Blaaargh, we have the toughest schedule next season. I guess it's only fair since the Steelers had one of the easiest in 2014. Plus, this might actually be just what they need, given their record against good teams lately when they have all their big guns. But yeah, this schedule has the Seahawks, Patriots, Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, etc. I say BRING IT ON. If the Steelers can toughen this out and make the playoffs anyway, that'll say something for sure!

Edited by Anacybele

Huh, I didn't know you knew every single Steelers fan in the world. Dedicated, aren't you?

Anyway, many of Lord Raven's posts are about the Ravens or mention the Ravens, so I don't see what the problem is. And I'm not breaking any rules. If you have a problem with my posts, don't come in here. Simple as that.

Blaaargh, we have the toughest schedule next season. I guess it's only fair since the Steelers had one of the easiest in 2014. Plus, this might actually be just what they need, given their record against good teams lately when they have all their big guns. But yeah, this schedule has the Seahawks, Patriots, Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, etc. I say BRING IT ON. If the Steelers can toughen this out and make the playoffs anyway, that'll say something for sure!

It's not that.

It's that nobody cares when you go in depth about the Steelers while we're having a conversation about a different thing. It's almost as if you enjoy talking to yourself. You're almost like Amy from TBBT but without being cute.

I dare you to go 5 posts in a row in this topic without mentioning the Steelers once. If you can do that, I will forever lay off of your case. If you can't, I will actively attempt to convince everyone that I meet that the Steelers are the devil's spawn and that Big Ben only got off his rape charge because everyone involved was on his bankroll.

Just try me.

The only thing worse is the guy on the Bills message board who is trying to convince everyone that we need to trade away Mario Williams, Marcell Darius and Kiko Alonzo to the Bucs in return for the #1 overall pick in order to take Jameis Winston.

Edited by Man Bun

Why should I be forced to talk about the same things the rest of you are? I don't cheer for those teams and I don't know as much about them as you do. And I don't care about knowing. So I still don't understand how this is such a big problem.

Also, you're free to do whatever you want, I'm not worried about anything, tbh.

Another thing, I don't care if nobody here cares. Fun fact: I talk to myself a lot. This habit probably developed out of my lack of good social skills.

Why should I be forced to talk about the same things the rest of you are? I don't cheer for those teams and I don't know as much about them as you do. And I don't care about knowing. So I still don't understand how this is such a big problem.

Also, you're free to do whatever you want, I'm not worried about anything, tbh.

Another thing, I don't care if nobody here cares. Fun fact: I talk to myself a lot. This habit probably developed out of my lack of good social skills.

Bolded: The issue is that only you care and we don't. This is why people don't usually like you. If you can't contribute to the conversation on hand, then... don't contribute.

These are all amazing reasons to not post in this thread and to not railroad a conversation.

Next season, we'll make two threads. One will the NFL thread. The other will be the Pittsburgh Steelers thread. And the NFL thread will be dedicated to all 32 teams, not just Pittsburgh 80% of the time and the other 31 teams 20%. That's what the Steelers thread will be for.

Edited by Man Bun

Uh, I never tried to contribute to the conversations you're talking about? Because I posted about a different team?

I won't repeat myself again: I. don't. care. that. you. don't. care.

These are all amazing reasons to not post in this thread and to not railroad a conversation.

looool. You DO realize that I made this thread, don't you? I'm sorry that you hate the Steelers so much, and you're allowed to, but saying I shouldn't be allowed to post in my own thread just because I'm one of their fans is very stupid and rude.

Two threads is absolutely unnecessary. Besides, I'm the only Steeler fan here, a thread on them would get no responses other than "this should be in the main NFL thread."

The Steelers are a part of the NFL, I'm a big fan of them, and I will talk about them here if I damn well want to. In other words...

My-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony

Edited by Anacybele

is it weird that i, as a rams fan, voted for the hawks to win over the pats? i feel like i have plenty of reason (stole our best receiver, the bastards, tom brady, belichick, the list can go on forever), but no one else i know that likes a different nfc west team 'rooted' for the hawks.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

I don't think so. You should root for who you want to root for, regardless of what conference or division the team is in. I hate the Patriots myself, but if it had been, say, the Bengals instead of them as the AFC champs, I'd have rooted for them despite that they're in the same division as the Steelers. It just all comes down to which of the two Super Bowl teams you prefer in the end, really.

Twenty posts per page and I still can't go a single page without OMG STEELERS.

Christ Ana, you single-handly make me despise the Steelers. Are all Pittsburgh fans as obnoxious about your team as you are?

I know this girl from Boston that I work with. She was the same but with the Patriots. One day, I sat her down and explained to her that she'll be treated as less of a joke when it comes to talking about football if she can speak about other teams for once. And now, we're cool.

New topic. The Buffalo Bills achieve their first winning record in 10 years. To celebrate, everyone quits.

Seriously, offseason for the Bills will be fun. Rex Ryan's the coach, QB issue will finally be looked at properly (either proper draft in 2016, EJ Manuel or another young FA within two years) and our defense is going to be retarded. Not enough that we lead the league in sacks this year but now the fun starts. The only questions is if Jerry Hughes gets replaced, resigned or franchise tagged (going with options 1 or 3).

If anyone has questions about the upcoming Buffalo train that will rule the AFC East starting next season, please go ahead and ask.

I'm still not convinced the Bills are legit. The QB issue still isn't resolved for one and the Bills weren't good at running the ball last year either. Their defense was good, but not dominating enough to win games by itself.

is it weird that i, as a rams fan, voted for the hawks to win over the pats? i feel like i have plenty of reason (stole our best receiver, the bastards, tom brady, belichick, the list can go on forever), but no one else i know that likes a different nfc west team 'rooted' for the hawks.

I supported the Pats because I wanted to see Brady Boy make history.

I'm still not convinced the Bills are legit. The QB issue still isn't resolved for one and the Bills weren't good at running the ball last year either. Their defense was good, but not dominating enough to win games by itself.

i feel like the qb situation won't be that big of a deal next year tbh. if we look at it greg roman and his success with both Smith and Kapernick he showed the ability to work well with an average qb and a below average qb. there are reports that it was harbuagh who had them passing that much last year, which is definitely not kapernick's strength. he should get decent production out of manuel or whoever they have starting next year. they do however need a couple of offensive linemen and if they can find a good power back in the mid-late second i think they can make the playoffs with 10/11 wins. then looking at the schedule they only have to worry about the fins, pats, texans, colts, and cowboys. maybe the eagles i'd need to see how they draft though.

I supported the Seahawks because that's my job as a Ravens fan, but I wasn't particularly unhappy with the Pats winning it all, because Belichick also did quite a lot for our franchise...

It really depends. Da'Norris Searcy is going to FA but I'm pretty sure that the Bills are going to resign him (he's not too expensive and has great chemistry with the rest of the secondary). If he doesn't, I bet that Doug Whaley will look into him but I'll need to see more of him before I make a decision.

I was joking around, because of Pollard's extensive history with injuring Patriots. Also being the last human being in the NFL to tackle Aaron Hernandez.

What's Baltimore's options regarding their secondary? Sounds to me that you might need Pollard more than us. Your offensive backfield is also a mess now, thanks to Ray Rice. Also, is Pernell McPhee going to FA? If so, I like him.

Will Hill is a RFA so he'll be back, and we exercised Jimmy Smith's fifth year option so hopefully he can recover from his Lisfranc (hopefully). Webb started playing better to end the season, but I think he'll either take a pay cut or he'll be cut, and then Rashaan Melvin came out of nowhere and played serviceable. Terrence Brooks tore his MCL when Bryndon Trawick ran into him on Special Teams, but he was a raw rookie Safety/NCB type player (think like Tyrann Mathieu without the character issues) that started to play quite a bit better as time went on. Then there's first round pick Matt Elam who is really mostly a screen buster and run stopper, but he misses a lot of tackles and he's looking like a bust.

McPhee's indeed going to FA and I don't see us signing him back, considering he could be "just another Ravens linebacker" unless we get Ngata to take an extension in which case we might keep him. I dunno what we're doing with our backfield, but we've got Kyle Jucyzcyk as a hybrid back, and then we also have Bernard Pierce (who probably won't do much unless he comes back to form from his rookie season where he looked like he could be better than Rice) and Lorenzo Taliaferro (a taller rookie with good vision, fights for yards but doesn't have amazing acceleration)... I think we'll be signing Forsett back but I have no idea how that's gonna happen. Rice mainly screwed up our salary cap though, but we're always really tight against the cap.

looool. You DO realize that I made this thread, don't you? I'm sorry that you hate the Steelers so much, and you're allowed to, but saying I shouldn't be allowed to post in my own thread just because I'm one of their fans is very stupid and rude.

I don't know why you come to a forum where a bunch of people get into arguments with you and you're completely unable to grasp what they're talking about... on top of mainly talking at people instead of talking to people...

I don't know why you come to a forum where a bunch of people get into arguments with you and you're completely unable to grasp what they're talking about... on top of mainly talking at people instead of talking to people...

This is a good forum, and the biggest FE community on the net. And it isn't like I try to argue with people. I often get a headache from it. I'm doing my best to make it happen less and less. And sometimes I think I know what people are talking about, then it turns out I don't. I made a mistake in those cases. I may not have admitted/owned up to my mistakes much in the past, but I'm getting used to doing it more and more.

Now, to get back on topic... Um... I supported the Seahawks simply because I hate the Pats way more and I like Russel Wilson.

Edited by Anacybele

I miss this kid. If only his knees weren't made out of Ryan Mathews body, he could've been a Top 15 Receiver imo.

He has shown flashes of greatness, he's only 26 but his knees are like 35. Since he does long jump and stuff.

Would love if he could come back to play with us, but his injury history is an issue.

5 left knee surgeries.

EDIT: I especially loved how he burned Curtis Brown on 2:11, that was such a good way to cause seperation on a Go route. He also forced a holding penalty. Amazing.

Sadly he had surgery on his right knee too.

And tore his acl.

I don't see him coming back at all. Hopefully 2015 or 2016 he can comeback with his busted knees, but it's not possible, also not a very good long term solution.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

i feel like the qb situation won't be that big of a deal next year tbh. if we look at it greg roman and his success with both Smith and Kapernick he showed the ability to work well with an average qb and a below average qb. there are reports that it was harbuagh who had them passing that much last year, which is definitely not kapernick's strength. he should get decent production out of manuel or whoever they have starting next year. they do however need a couple of offensive linemen and if they can find a good power back in the mid-late second i think they can make the playoffs with 10/11 wins. then looking at the schedule they only have to worry about the fins, pats, texans, colts, and cowboys. maybe the eagles i'd need to see how they draft though.

Second quote in a nutshell.

We've already picked-up Richie Incognito (remember the Miami bully? That guy) which is a huge step forward for our offense and we're starting the build the ground and pound attack. CJ Spiller is as good as gone, we'll take a half-back on the tail end of the draft and Boobie Dixon will start piloting this offense. EJ and Jeff Tuel are going to go into training with another QB off of FA or a late 3rd round pick (my guess) and Sammy Watkins will go back to catching WR screens and doing what he does best: making plays in the open field.

Bills defense will be absolutely terrifying. If our offense becomes half decent, we will see the playoffs and be a dark horse for the Superbowl. This defense shut down Manning and Rodgers in back-to-back wins.

Yeah, I also heard there were like four different playcallers for different situations in SF. Basically, Harbaugh isn't completely free from blame, but the 49ers didn't find a replacement that seems any good either.

What's the secondary looking like for Buffalo? I haven't really kept up with Buffalo that much outside of Watkins, Doug Marrone resigning, and basically their front 7, so the only person I really know about is Corey Graham who was a productive corner when he was here.