NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

is it weird that i, as a rams fan, voted for the hawks to win over the pats? i feel like i have plenty of reason (stole our best receiver, the bastards, tom brady, belichick, the list can go on forever), but no one else i know that likes a different nfc west team 'rooted' for the hawks.

Not at all.

Brady (with a little help from Ty Law and the gang =P) put an empathetic end to the Greatest Show on Turf in his first SB. if I were a Rams fan I would still be bitter about that.

Edited by Team Alucard

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second quote in a nutshell.

We've already picked-up Richie Incognito (remember the Miami bully? That guy) which is a huge step forward for our offense and we're starting the build the ground and pound attack. CJ Spiller is as good as gone, we'll take a half-back on the tail end of the draft and Boobie Dixon will start piloting this offense. EJ and Jeff Tuel are going to go into training with another QB off of FA or a late 3rd round pick (my guess) and Sammy Watkins will go back to catching WR screens and doing what he does best: making plays in the open field.

Bills defense will be absolutely terrifying. If our offense becomes half decent, we will see the playoffs and be a dark horse for the Superbowl. This defense shut down Manning and Rodgers in back-to-back wins.

But it didn't stop Philip Rivers from picking it apart. But you did hold Donald Brown to like 2.1 YPC lmao.

Bills defense is legit though.

EDIT:

sbnation-share__10_.0.png

I really wish I found this yesterday xD.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

The Bills will easily have the best defense in the league next year but I don't see them making any noise regardless.

Rex Ryan + zero stability at the QB position is a recipe for disaster.

We should try to rank the most dangerous defenses for 2015, before the season starts based on the players.

1. Ravens

2. Ravens

3. Ravens

4. Ravens

5. Ravens

6. Ravens

7. Ravens

8. Bills

9. Ravens

10. Ravens

I think I've got the Top 10 pretty rounded out. Comments?

i think we should wait for the draft before we call the bills #8 aside from i dont see any problems

1. Ravens

2. Ravens

3. Ravens

4. Ravens

5. Ravens

6. Ravens

7. Ravens

8. Bills

9. Ravens

10. Ravens

I think I've got the Top 10 pretty rounded out. Comments?

Not with that secondary Ravens will break Top 3, Top 5 is a bit more realistic though. Since that Front 7 is <3.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

Second quote in a nutshell.

We've already picked-up Richie Incognito (remember the Miami bully? That guy) which is a huge step forward for our offense and we're starting the build the ground and pound attack. CJ Spiller is as good as gone, we'll take a half-back on the tail end of the draft and Boobie Dixon will start piloting this offense. EJ and Jeff Tuel are going to go into training with another QB off of FA or a late 3rd round pick (my guess) and Sammy Watkins will go back to catching WR screens and doing what he does best: making plays in the open field.

Bills defense will be absolutely terrifying. If our offense becomes half decent, we will see the playoffs and be a dark horse for the Superbowl. This defense shut down Manning and Rodgers in back-to-back wins.

The Bills lost to the Broncos. I'm still skeptical that Manuel can be good, he's had a fair number of opportunities at this point and has been...underwhelming. I'm not really sure he's as good as Smith or Kaepernick.

Edited by -Cynthia-

I'm actually a fan of Rex, I think he's a good coach and I honestly believe the Bills will make the playoffs this year (and are certainly more of a dark horse to take the AFC East than at any point in the past 10 years, imo.)

Also, Raven, eat poop. Bernard Pollard is scum

Just kidding, obviously. I may be just a tiny bit biased.

Now that I think about it, every team in the AFC East will have an impressive defensive line next season, in terms of on-field talent. If there's anything that can win a game regardless of the circumstances, it's a powerful D-line that can control the game. Of course, I feel like I've said that in half of my posts in this thread. Sry not sry

Also haven't mentioned them specifically yet but Patz rool etc

Edited by chococoke

The Bills lost to the Broncos. I'm still skeptical that Manuel can be good, he's had a fair number of opportunities at this point and has been...underwhelming. I'm not really sure he's as good as Smith or Kaepernick.

Two problems.

1) Manuel got pulled after the Texans game in Week 4. We played Denver in Week 14 in Denver. Do you think any of us were expecting to win? Hell no. Manuel wasn't even playing at that time.

2) We beat Green Bay in Buffalo the week after and gave Rodgers the worst game of his career. This D can hang.

My real question for next year is... how much did the Browns overachieve this season?

My statements weren't directly related- you claimed that the Bills defense shut down Manning and Rodgers and beat them in consecutive weeks which was untrue. Manuel getting pulled for Kyle Orton is not exactly a ringing endorsement however.

I agree that the Browns probably overachieved recordwise and their improvement from 4-12 to 7-9 was likely due to easier schedule/winning more close games instead of losing them. I think they'll go like 5-11 next year, they're in a tough division with not enough talent on offense and a mediocre defense.

I'm surprised at what the Browns pulled off, they had an almost comeback against Pittsburgh week 1 and a massive comeback against Tennessee (yeah yeah Tennessee sucks), but they shat the bed against like Jacksonville. Their defense kept them in games generally, but I wasn't impressed by their QB play at any point in the season. Even before his 4 game streak of shitty games he threw like 5 TDs and had like a 50% completion rate.

Don't forget, the Browns almost beat AFC runner-up Indy, and basically made the stop on 4th down to clinch the game until Dan Herron spun out and got the 1st.

Two things held them back this past year: QB play and a shitty owner (he's honestly the worst in the NFL this side of Dan Snyder) Brian Hoyer is barely replacement level talent, and played like a true back up QB this past season: starting out modestly enough, before eventually falling flat.

Then we get to Haslem, the new Brownies owner. He more or less made the team draft Manziel in the first round, and for what? To sell jerseys and bring fans. No respected scout had Johnny rated higher than a mid-late round prospect.

It's really a shame, too. I've always kinda rooted for the Browns. Considering I'm not really a huge fan of any of the other teams in the AFC North, I always pull for them in intra-division matchups.

I'm unaffected by it, I enjoy seeing their fans be miserable, worst trash talkers on this earth.

Although, the Browns are wasting first rounders left and right, somehow they've been really good outside of the first...

Edited by Lord Raven

My statements weren't directly related- you claimed that the Bills defense shut down Manning and Rodgers and beat them in consecutive weeks which was untrue. Manuel getting pulled for Kyle Orton is not exactly a ringing endorsement however.

I agree that the Browns probably overachieved recordwise and their improvement from 4-12 to 7-9 was likely due to easier schedule/winning more close games instead of losing them. I think they'll go like 5-11 next year, they're in a tough division with not enough talent on offense and a mediocre defense.

Never said we beat the Broncos but we definitely didn't make it easy.

EDIT: Oh whoops, I did. My bad. I meant to say that we shut both QBs down. Didn't mean the back to back wins part, my mistake.

Edited by Man Bun

While the Browns did nearly beat the Colts/Ravens and Steelers #1, they also nearly lost to the Saints/Titans/Falcons and such. Unless Johnny Manziel is secretly good (and while a small sample size, he looked really bad), their QB issues seem like they will continue.

The Steelers were also pretty schizophrenic for half the freaking season lol. I don't think the Browns will have anymore close games/wins against them anytime soon.

Well, unless Keith Butler ends up butchering our D more than it already is... *prays for the opposite and for Jarvis Jones and Ryan Shazier to break out killer seasons like Bell did*

Edited by Anacybele