Regarding spammy/totally off-topic posts

VincentASM

I know we said the rules would be more lax on these boards, but I think it's time to raise the bar a little ; )

From this point forth, the warning system will be implemented. Anybody caught posting spam or anything completely off-topic will be warned. If the warn bar gets frightening high, punishments will be dished out, including postcount reduction (gasp), a special (in a not-so-good-way) member group or even temporary suspension...

Just to remind what not to post:

Spam, AKA Stupid, Pointless and Annoying Messages. Generally this includes posts only containing stupid/annoying things like "lol", "rofl", "wtflolbbq" etc.

Do notice the pointless part as well. Please don't post anything that doesn't add anything to a discussion. Pointless posts include those only containing things like "that sucks", "I agree", "yeah", etc. Admittedly few people have been doing this and it isn't quite so annoying.

What is annoying though is off-topic posts, especially completely off-topic ones. If you're posting in a topic called "Who's your favourite Swordmaster" and reply to somebody asking who "Joshua" is, that would be fine. As is anything that is remotely related to the topic (and is, hopefully, interesting).

However, disregarding the Far from the Forest board, I do not want to enter a topic about Ike's age to see posts commenting on Ike eating Soren. It might be fun, but there's a special board for that kind of stuff : /

Well, I think that's it. Thanks for your time : )

(Also, don't worry too much about posts being wrongly marked, because we're not bots so we can tell the difference XD)

Edited by Fox

Do notice the pointless part as well. Please don't post anything that doesn't add anything to a discussion. Pointless posts include those only containing things like "that sucks", "I agree", "yeah", etc. Admittedly few people have been doing this and it isn't quite so annoying.

Yeah, I know that was me, but I did edit the post to contain more "adding to the topic" stuff.

Damn. I have notice myself talk about other things other than the topic title in the past, I'll try to be more strict with what I post in future.

Also, is that what "spam" really stands for?

hmm, I'm interested to see if/how this will change the board...

I'm gonna go with CGV or Rfof for first to get warned, unless they've changed...maybe Amarao, but he doesn't come on very often...

This isn't a new betting game... >_>

I disappear for a while and I come back to find this... ~_~

ive been trying to stay on topic lately, so dont bust me (please?)

and about the whole Ike eating Soren thing. Yeah i knew that was a little odd so tried not to expand on that

Damn it Bolting

... I said that because his statement wasn't really contributing and was somewhat offensive, and you reply now with solely a bet? =_= Okay I guess I'm going to have to give the first warn.

• 1 month later...
What is annoying though is off-topic posts, especially completely off-topic ones. If you're posting in a topic called "Who's your favourite Swordmaster" and reply to somebody asking who "Joshua" is, that would be fine. As is anything that is remotely related to the topic (and is, hopefully, interesting).

Well it seems The Fourth Fox, coolguyvaters, and Fireman didn't keep their end of the bargain. <_<

Well it seems The Fourth Fox, coolguyvaters, and Fireman didn't keep their end of the bargain. <_<

oh yeah cuz were the ONLY three people who are off topic. Besides, I'm not off topic all that much, only a few times just following the trend

Topics stray off-topic. It happens in every forum. That's just the way things are. No one does it on purpose.

Quite frankly, a forum without spam is like roy without the SoS. It just sucks.

You said it. A healthy dose of spam is like fat. Some is good for you, too much is bad

That's actually why I joined FESS, since I don't like large sites otherwise ;)

I don't mind some spam/sillyness on small sites, but I don't like big sites in general unless there is order kept. Although sadly FESS is losing it's luster since it's 80% Crazyness Domain now... and it's not so much FE anymore.