• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pages later

gen 2's difficulty can be trivialized pretty easily in an steps:

1) load all your resources into celice

c'mon, son.

Hehe thanks all! Already some nice ideas for a more interesting playthrough.

There's also another thing I wondered about, and it feels pointless to open up a new topic, but say I wanted Dew to keep up with the rest of the bunch (he and Fin were the only units that were not promoted during G1)? Will it require him to steal kills (which is a tad difficult given the organization of the enemies) or are there any other tactics? Preferably no boss abusing, because I hate that.

edit: Oh, and Ardan didn't get promoted, but I stopped caring about him during chapter 3 anyway.

Edited by WindMage25

Hehe thanks all! Already some nice ideas for a more interesting playthrough.

There's also another thing I wondered about, and it feels pointless to open up a new topic, but say I wanted Dew to keep up with the rest of the bunch (he and Fin were the only units that were not promoted during G1)? Will it require him to steal kills (which is a tad difficult given the organization of the enemies) or are there any other tactics? Preferably no boss abusing, because I hate that.

edit: Oh, and Ardan didn't get promoted, but I stopped caring about him during chapter 3 anyway.

I would say that Dew pretty much needs to feed kills. He will be lucky to deal more then scratch damage towards enemies until he becomes a Thief Fighter.

To make things a bit less painful, I would advice you to give Dew the Light Sword or any other magic sword. They have 12 might, which is as good as it gets when being limited to C swords. But more importantly, they allow him to target Res on range to deal at least some damage.

Edited by BrightBow

I've been doing a Let's Play, so decided that everyone should promote for the benefit of the audience. So I just used the respawning pirates in Chapter 3 to get every unit to level 20. Out of the promoted army Arden still falls way behind, but actually Dew wasn't bad even before promotion.

tumblr_inline_n9dl2vL1Se1r1edag.png
(he's not going to keep most of that equipment)
Promotion gains: strength +4, magic +3, skill +4, +5 speed, +4 defence, +3 resistence

Before this he was a 22 level theif with 10 strength, 2 magic, 16 skill, 22 speed, 17 luck, 9 defence, 1 resistence. Still not a frontline fighter but more than dodgey enough to nick enemies and steal their gold without suffering a hit back.

And during the pirate massacre he was able to max out every unit's gold since all the pirate carry 5000. It's a beautiful thing going into Chapter 4 filthy stinkin' rich.

I've been doing a Let's Play, so decided that everyone should promote for the benefit of the audience. So I just used the respawning pirates in Chapter 3 to get every unit to level 20.

and it only took 6 hours!

seriously though how long did that take

It only took half a batch of pirates for me to level dew untill he promoted (i killed an average of one per turn with the light sword), although i had him fight some cross knights first.

I don't remember down to the minute, but I think I spent an evening killing pirates. Remember that was for the getting entire army to level 20 (including dead weights like Ardan) so for Dew himself I doubt he took more than an hour's worth. Also I was taking a long time because I'd stop to take screencaps and save them accordingly- my LP is image based hosted on a forum, so not as speedy as recording video while the playing happens.

Dew didn't start Chapter 3 a level 1. If you look at the image again you'll see he has Ayra as his Lover, and that happened mid-way through Chapter 3 cause I'd had them hanging around each other in 1 and 2 (not holding Aira in the back either, they were both on the frontlines). But I haven't been keeping too close track of his levels from moment to moment.

Looking at screencaps, here's what I found on Dew: beginning Chapter 2 post-arena level 6. I used Dew as bandit-bait in Chapter 1 to let Aideen run free and clear, so he got some EXP that way and when I fed him an opportunistic kill.

At the start of Chapter 3 post-arena his stats were: str 5, mgc 1, skl 12, spd 20, lck 15, def 5, res 0. I don't have his level screencapped, I think he was around 10 before pirate grinding though.

I distinctly remember Dew being dodge happy, so as long has he didn't get surrounded without terrain bonus he'd come out fine. I gave him a lot of babying though since he's going to father the Wonder Twins.

Edited by Damosel

I don't remember down to the minute, but I think I spent an evening killing pirates. Remember that was for the getting entire army to level 20 (including dead weights like Ardan) so for Dew himself I doubt he took more than an hour's worth. Also I was taking a long time because I'd stop to take screencaps and save them accordingly- my LP is image based hosted on a forum, so not as speedy as recording video while the playing happens.

Dew didn't start Chapter 3 a level 1. If you look at the image again you'll see he has Ayra as his Lover, and that happened mid-way through Chapter 3 cause I'd had them hanging around each other in 1 and 2 (not holding Aira in the back either, they were both on the frontlines). But I haven't been keeping too close track of his levels from moment to moment.

Looking at screencaps, here's what I found on Dew: beginning Chapter 2 post-arena level 6. I used Dew as bandit-bait in Chapter 1 to let Aideen run free and clear, so he got some EXP that way and when I fed him an opportunistic kill.

At the start of Chapter 3 post-arena his stats were: str 5, mgc 1, skl 12, spd 20, lck 15, def 5, res 0. I don't have his level screencapped, I think he was around 10 before pirate grinding though.

I distinctly remember Dew being dodge happy, so as long has he didn't get surrounded without terrain bonus he'd come out fine. I gave him a lot of babying though since he's going to father the Wonder Twins.

Out of curiosety, which forum? I would like to read it. Is it the one with the ot3s and alicXnoish being modded in, and where sharlow is being modded to be fin/silvia's kid?

Edited by sirmola

Out of curiosety, which forum? I would like to read it. Is it the one with the ot3s and alicXnoish being modded in, and where sharlow is being modded to be fin/silvia's kid?

That's the one! (out of curiousity how'd you hear about it?)

My FE4 Let's Play (rife with modded-Lovers and artistic liberties for world building) is hosted on Broken forums- which you can't find via Google search.

Here's a link to an update index by castle for my LP. I've only got part-way through Chapter 3 posted (gameplay-wise I'm arena-grinding at the start of Chapter 4) so I've been really slow about progress, still quite a ways away before Modded Gen 2 will show up.

• 4 weeks later...