How do you keep Tiki safe in Paralogue 17 of Fire Emblem Awakening?

Move your units in front of where each spawning enemy will land. He maximum is four, so put four on both sides. Send the rest of your units (idk how many, subtract the number you can use by 8 and send the rest down. "The rest" should be at least two fliers and two magic users, I know there's at least 4. If there's five units, set four up so they can quickly kill whatever comes forward, and send the fifth one to kill the boss. If there's four units, quickly send one of the flying units to kill the boss, then fly back to kill the enemy that comes in. You'll need he other unit on their side to have galeforce, and preferably the flying unit who kills the boss to have galeforce.

Make sure you have a sage/war cleric/war monk/etc. who has galeforce, can kill the enemy, and then heal Tiki if necessary.

Sorry if it doesn't make much sense, but it works for me on casual. Your units may be too weak, though. Since you're on casual, you should be able to grind without problem.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you guys are slightly overestimating the team here. Most of these units are probably pretty close to base, and I doubt any Second Seals have been used. Galeforce? Staffbots? Not happening.

Insta-promoted Gregor makes a pretty good pair-up (guy in back), along with Anna and Say'ri (they're all speedy). Assuming the front can take some abuse, and there's sufficient Concoctions to go around, it should work out. If you're REALLY desperate, use Spotpass to recruit Elincia, and have her act as a staffbot.

Edited by eclipse

Making a circle around tiki is a good idea but ennemies keep accumulating. and they can focus of one of you unit and once it's dead direct target tiki.

I prefer sending my unit where ennemies appear ( west, east south ) and kill as many as i can, and defeat the one i couldn'tin the next turn. Since the ennemy generally go straight to Tiki i can block a little the mouvement of the new vague while i kill the rest of the one before.

Left and right of the south path i let at least one or two unit for interception of flying ennemies we can't kill since they were to far for attacks.

I finally defeated by downloading Ephraims team via spotpass and paying 18,000 gold to get Ephraim. Ephraim is completely unstoppable,he hardly ever gets hit either he blocks the hit or he dodges it.

YES I FINALLY GOT TIKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would really recommend getting Ephraim no matter if your stuck on a level or not,he is beast!

I think you guys are slightly overestimating the team here. Most of these units are probably pretty close to base, and I doubt any Second Seals have been used. Galeforce? Staffbots? Not happening.

Yes they have

Do not underestimate my team "Cezar_Yoshi"

MODEDIT: don't double- and also don't triple-post

Edited by Integrity

Do not underestimate my team "Cezar_Yoshi"

Well since you need to use money for a spotpass unit which is average . There is no way for you to deny that your team sucks.

Either you made bad paring and got really bad children or you didn't train your units.

ps: Yeah i Said "TRAIN" not "GRIND"

Good luck if you want Tiki on Lunatic/Lunatic+.

KingMarth, on 01 Aug 2014 - 6:16 PM, said:

My team could have done it by themselves,I just amde it easier on them

And what was that about you failing at least 2 times using the same units?

Edited by Roflolxp54

I finally defeated by downloading Ephraims team via spotpass and paying 18,000 gold to get Ephraim. Ephraim is completely unstoppable,he hardly ever gets hit either he blocks the hit or he dodges it.

YES I FINALLY GOT TIKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would really recommend getting Ephraim no matter if your stuck on a level or not,he is beast!

Ephraim comes with 65 Avo. If he's a dodgetank compared to the rest of your team, then I think my assessment of it was spot-on, and unless you post stats showing otherwise you won't change my mind.

By the way, it's not a good idea to be rude to people who are trying to help you.

I do t need the help of smartelic,for your information "Czar_Yoshi". I hate when idiots get on forums and act like they know everything.

I was just asking a question I don't need a idiots response. I want a response that's not a judgement.

Edited by Balcerzak
Seriously, stop double posting

For one, you just called him an idiot when he made an honest response and tried to help. He wasn't even acting like a know-it-all. Chill, dude.

Edited by Apparition

Excuse you? Don't assume someone is an idiot because they tell you you're not as good at the game as you thought you were. If you can't handle constructive criticism, don't ask for help.

And yeah, if you think I'm some scrub here spouting rubbish, go check The Pairing Thread. You, on the other hand, have been here two days and have been breaking multiple forum rules per post. Not to mention getting stuck on a chapter in Normal mode and then insulting people for assuming you might not have a good team. Seriously...

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

I do t need the help of smartelic,for your information "Czar_Yoshi". I hate when idiots get on forums and act like they know everything.

I was just asking a question I don't need a idiots response. I want a response that's not a judgement.

Can we have this thread LOCKED? The OP solved his own problem by himself and is pretty much flaming other users who are trying to help him.

Can we have this thread LOCKED? The OP solved his own problem by himself and is pretty much flaming other users who are trying to help him.

That is for TC to decide.

Speaking of, TC, read the Code of Conduct. Your current behavior is unacceptable.

i hate when idiots ask for help and get mad when the answer is not to their liking.

Here is a fact and not a judgement or a troll:

if you were stuck in this paralogue: - you are not strategy oriented and need to think more about what you do in the game

- as i said before you did bad parring

- did not train you team enough

or the three at the same times. ( still not judging. only observation of the facts)

no one here judged you.

but after insulting someone who helped you to improve i wouuld say that you are un ass .(yes, judging you here)

Posted · Hidden by Florete, August 4, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, August 4, 2014 - No reason given

Like I care about all the stupid rules. They do t make any sense.

No Double Posting-why?

The rules are just stupid and do not help the website at all, they are not even necessary.

I now see it was a mistake joining this forum website.

FOR THE SECOND TIME:

Flaming is against the Code of Conduct. Read it. NOW.

Sorry but when i see this kind of people it s difficult to be calm. won t happen again. : )

Like I care about all the stupid rules. They do t make any sense.

No Double Posting-why?

The rules are just stupid and do not help the website at all, they are not even necessary.

I now see it was a mistake joining this forum website.

There's no double-posting because it reduces clutter and makes a thread far easier and cleaner to read. Outside of that though, biting the hand that feeds you when asking for help is laughably foolish. Your poor tactics were called out and you reacted like a thirteen year old child. No one insulted you until after you began to lash out.

Also telling a mod you don't care about the rules? Hoo boy.

Not using the avatar is a bad idea. You may see why later, but just use the formation the others listed above. It seems to be the best way to combat the forces flinging themselves on you.

If you have enough characters who can handle their own (kill and live effectively without a pair-up) then you can actually kill the enemies when they arrive on the map. It's difficult, but I've done it before.

Otherwise I'd go for the human shield method of surrounding Tiki. I seem to remember having enough units to do this:

ymfZkFb.png

Which is better than leaving gaps in the diamond, since adjacent units will provide pair-up bonuses. Place your strongest units on the outside. I don't remember there being any enemies with Longbows, but if there are, they will be few and far between, so if you have a healer to the left or right of Tiki you should be fine!

ymfZkFb.png

Still worse than

UUTUU

-UUU-

--U--

Because you sent 2 more units which spent you more time to train & left a blank which allowed Lunatic+ Pass enemies to KO Tiki.

Edited by MelonGx

I thought they were playing on normal. :P
My diagram doesn't use all of the available units anyway, so you could just fill in the gap, and get even more pair-up bonuses.

Edited by Red Falcon

When I did that, I had one unit (Libra with Hand Axes) bouncing in the cells immediately south/west/east the wallbound tiki, with a Mend or Recover staff (on Lunatic) healing as needed.