Fire Emblem Confessions~

I keep on thinking of extra ones, lol.

While I do like FE12 a lot more than Shadow Dragon, I find FE12 Avatar/Chris much worse than FE13 Avatar/Robin. I could do without the sidestory in FE12 in general, really, if not for the fact that most of the maps are pretty cool for it outside the prologue (which is way too damn long).

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose the biggest thing is that, not only did I use to arena abuse every playthrough, I had a strange sort of pride in how good I was at it(my first member title was "Professional Arena Abuser").

Sometimes I feel like the only one who sees major problems with FE7's plot(though I haven't seen "FE7 has the best story" in a while).

FE8's plot and (most of) the cast doesn't do much for me.

FE5 would be my favorite, but it's difficult for me to get past the lack of a good translation and the lack of polish in certain areas.

I still enjoy FE6 more than FE7.

I like FE13's avatar more than FE12's.

My opinion of FE13 has not diminished nearly as much as others' and it still goes back and forth with FE9 as my favorite.

Edited by SecondWorld

- I prefer RD's support system and story over that of any other game.

- I'm not interested in playing FE's 1-8/11/12.

- I don't give a rat's arse about playing efficiently/LTC/Tier Lists.

- I'm not really much of a FE fan to be quite honest.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

-I like using the trainees in FE8.

-I don't think Est is that bad (in FE3 Book 1 at least)

-I pretty much always end up using Nino in FE7.

-on my first run of FE4, Sigurds Silver Sword didn't get 50 kills by the end of the First Gen.

Oh here's another one that probably constitutes a "confession".

Ike x Soren is my favourite pairing in the entire series.

Incoming truckload of shameless confessions!

• I arena grind whenever possible and the game has punished me for doing it.
  • Hacked my way through FE6 once because hit rates =3=. I even sequence-broke the game and crashed it when I shouldn't have.
  • I RNG level-ups like a scrub and get characters to cap in important stats.
  • Lyn over Guy any day.
  • Got Nino killed without realizing it. Went to the next chapter hoping to use her when I noticed she wasn't there. I already saved before then and raged horribly. Never finished FE7 because of that.
  • Used all of the trainees in FE8. It was worth it.
  • Never finished FE8. I always find myself grinding Brave Swords and Shamshirs.
  • Never used Wyvern Knights with the fear of Pierce Glitch.
  • Sage!Lute with Enemy Control Glitch is very fun to use.
  • GBAFE's support system is superior to all other systems.
  • It only took me one try to get Ike to Aether the Black Knight. Also got Ike to finish Ashnard with Aether.
  • Sothe gets all of my BEXP in FE9. The rest goes to Astrid.
  • Never got Soren to cap in Mag.
  • Never saw Micaiah as a mary sue.
  • Never quite understood Sothe's "promotion" from a generic young thief to an important plot character.
  • Shadow Dragon/New Mystery of the Emblem did reclasing correctly, even though I never used it.
  • Never got bored with Shadow Dragon.
  • Everybody in FE11 is a Jeigan.
  • Always used Caeda over Catria.
  • Biased towards FE12 Avatar over FE13 Avatar.
  • Even though I can draw Olivia from memory without a reference, I heavily dislike Awakening. I have my reasons and I could go on for hours saying them.
  • Tharja is a terrible unit and is not worth the trouble.
  • I'm a big fan of Light Magic and ask myself "Why is the Book of Naga the only Light tome in Awakening?"
  • I think FE13 has horrible design choice and should never be a series newcomer's first game.
  • I have played efficiently before, but I've never heard the term "LTC" before or even know what it means.

It seems i fell out of the loop; i felt like there was a point in time when everyone thought awakening was perfect, but now i dont feel like im the only who cant stand it: Oh, and in keeping with this thread

A friend of mine bought awakening recently; since i did some reading before i thought about buying it,played the demo, read tons of stuff from the games script and even knew quite a few of the good units before deciding i hated it, ive never actually played it in its entirety. He thinks i have, and texts me asking for advice, and said that it took him 6 hours to get to chapter six, and he killed gaius during chapter 6. IM DOING HIS CONFESSIONS FOR HIM IM SUCH A GOOD FRIEND

It seems i fell out of the loop; i felt like there was a point in time when everyone thought awakening was perfect, but now i dont feel like im the only who cant stand it: Oh, and in keeping with this thread

A friend of mine bought awakening recently; since i did some reading before i thought about buying it,played the demo, read tons of stuff from the games script and even knew quite a few of the good units before deciding i hated it, ive never actually played it in its entirety. He thinks i have, and texts me asking for advice, and said that it took him 6 hours to get to chapter six, and he killed gaius during chapter 6. IM DOING HIS CONFESSIONS FOR HIM IM SUCH A GOOD FRIEND

...What?

Awakening always had plenty of haters.

That said. you're one of the first ones I've seen who admitted not even playing it lol

...What?

Awakening always had plenty of haters.

That said. you're one of the first ones I've seen who admitted not even playing it lol

so I was misled the whole time;either way,I think my cheapness and research justify it

I hate having to restart a chapter because a character died.

Micaiah > Ike. I hate Ike in general and think Micaiah's Mary Sue traits are exaggerated.

Owain is more annoying than Ricken and Yarne combined.

Meg is a good unit if you know how to train her.

Sumia > Cordelia.

Some more I have

Back when I was still new to FE, I would arena abused with save states. Later realized this is kinda cheating

PoR is probably the FE I've beaten the most, and it's not even my favorite

I don't think Awakening's designs are as bad as people make them out to be (Except for the cavalier's unfortunate design, the Great Knight design, and a few others)

I've never gotten Brady and Nah

Still haven't played all the spotpass maps, and the DLC I bought

I like using bow users, and the locked 2 range thing doesn't bug me

I don't care for efficiency or LTC

I have gotten Aran in FE10 to cap speed and res without abusing

I am guilty of calling Micaiah a Mary Sue in the past. Now I don't really see it.

I also used to not like her all that much, but now I think she's pretty cool

I used to ship Marth/Catria :/

I used to hate Est a lot. Sometimes I still do, but sometimes I don't

I used to call certain characters like Catria and Palla by their Japanese names, even when their localized names were revealed, but their English names grew on me.

I hate recruiting Donnel to the point that I don't bother recruiting him most of the time

Edited by Dark Legend Vampire

I thought of some more as well.

I've never gotten the uber-spear or defeated Vaida for that matter, but I'm working on that right now

I typically use the first Lagdou Ruin map before the final chapter just to get those secret books over and over again and for level ups

Running through the Lagdou Ruins is something I typically do on roadtrips

I abuse level ups with BEXP in FE9 and reset if I don't like the results

I spend way too much time making sure all the children in FE13 get galeforce through EXPonential growths.

I like Nowi.

Nowi is bamf. The police, fuck dem.

I like playing on the easiest modes. Sure, I'm probably capable of beating (and probably have in some games) the harder modes, but I like stomping through the enemies.

I like easier modes too cuz i like using whoever i want, not whoever is best. However, if Pent can be deployed, Pent will be deployed. :V

i'm actually a computer that would shut down if i don't continuously LTC fire emblem

Confirmed as canon.

I BEXP units in FE10 prep screens to .99 and rig their first level all the time. Aside from the map saves, this is the only rig I just can't resist.

Thats considered a rig? If so, guilty as charged!

Oh here's another one that probably constitutes a "confession".

Ike x Soren is my favourite pairing in the entire series.

This is just you being a human being with intellect. Soren/Ike is bomb. My favorite Soren ship is actually Soren/Daein Throne doe.

Speaking of Soren, its kind of well-known at this point but...for the newbs: I spoil the hell out of him in both games. While Florina is my favorite character in the series, and she gets spoiled in my runs, Soren is a spoiled brat. He gets priority over every resource he could ever want. He gets transfers with lots and lots of shiny green numbers. He gets dibs on FE9 Arms Scrolls (unless Mist is being used) and all the siege tomes in FE10. In FE10, i have a recipe for the stupidly bamf Soren. He gets Celerity, keeps his Adept, Daunt, Discipline for staff fun, BEXP, Ike support, the whole enchilada. Soren even gets all the story goodies in RD. Yeah. Spoiled brat.

I spend way too much time making sure all the children in FE13 get galeforce through EXPonential growths.

Guilty as well.

I just ONLY RECENTLY discovered the beauty and glory that is Dual Support in FE13. Wowowowow where has that been all my life.

Piggybacking off that, im a little more than mad that i cant have Owain and/or Brady with both Galeforce and Dual Support. :U

I dont use Donnel anymore. I used to grind him but i just am not arsed. But Aptitude exists and because of that, i dont NEED to grind him for good kids. I do get him so he can father someone like Noire, Kjelle, or Nah though.

I spoil Libra, Henry, and Virion way too much.

I am guilty of calling Micaiah a Mary Sue in the past. Now I don't really see it.

I also used to not like her all that much, but now I think she's pretty cool

I am too but i still see it. Shes still too borderline for my tastes. And i still dont like her too much. Part of it is because of how she is with Sothe when Sothe actually needs to a swift kick in the groin. Ugh. Btw i loathe RD Sothe's characterization a lot.

Ive never done the uber spear trick and will likely never do it ever.

I usually kill Geitz if im not using Dart cuz im not arsed. But i never ever ever get the Lloyd chapter cuz i hate it so much.

All Pent, every Pent, Pent Pent. Pent.

Still never played awakening.

And raged at Fe4 Ch 4 because i don't know why, i just raged. Really.

And, uhm, first run fe7. Not even used an healer or a staff until 28x, and didn't recruited Guy, Raven (and so lucius), priscilla, canas, and maybe some other one that i don't remember. and i used wallace...

I like training the est, actually

I hate using prepromoted units. but on first fe7 run used, like, just them + sain. no, i don't trained the lords. hector was just blah. eliwood forcepromoted at his chapter and lyn was at 10 (non promoted) at limstella's chapter. man i was really bad. if not for athos i think i'd never beated it. lol

Smashboard?Sounds familiar...wasnt it run by that smash fanatic guy a long time ago?

Smashboards = Smash world Forums

Basically the biggest Smash competitive/whatever fan forum out there.

To keep from derailing this thread too much, some more confessions:

-I like using Rebecca and Neimi and they usually turn out good for me.

-I like using Doga (If you couldn't tell)

-I never use Pent in FE7. Usually it's because I already have units I'm using and can't/don't want to make a spot on the team for him.

-In general I'm terrible at planning runs and my teams are always sort of haphazardly thrown together over the course of a run. A consequence of this is that I never have enough slots to use all the units I want to. :(

Fire Emblem Awakening; my very first Fire Emblem. As far as I remember, on my first very blind playthrough:

- I killed Tharja. I remember hearing the dead character music when I killed an enemy that chapter and said to myself ''I think I did something wrong.'' T'was her.

- I completely missed the Boots chest on Chapter 17. Big disappointment when I found out that these were the only ones found in the main game and had to Renown grind to get another pair.

- All my characters died on Chapter 17 aside from Chrom, Avatar and Lucina.

- I killed or skipped every SpotPass recruitable character on the SpotPass-exclusive paralogues bar Emmeryn and Priam.

- I was playing Normal/Casual. Again big disappointment there considering all I've learned and how better I ended up in just a few months of practice.

My more general experience of Awakening:

- I beat Apotheosis (on the secret route) three times in total, including once on Classic. A single Rally bot is enough. About to do this for the second time with a fresh new team. This time however, all children and Bonus Box characters are banned.

- I beat Lunatic+. Twice. First time on Casual because of the battle saves saving me the hassle of restarting the whole first chapters, then did it again on Classic when I decided to lose my sanity. Not that it was there to begin with.

- I'm at 600+ hours of gameplay on my Activity Log. I've never been so dedicated to a game before. Not even a Mario game. Besides, I haven't played one of these in a bit now.

- I have a StreetPass team entirely made of my trustful, handcrafted Avatars of both genders in a variety of classes and with different Asset/Flaw combos.

- I married Lucina on every single male-Avatar playthrough I've made so far. Next time will most likely go to Cordelia though.

- My current Sorcerer Aversa's Night-spamming female Avatar is probably my best unit ever. (Yes, better than Morgan in my opinion, cause Avatar has in my opinion more important supports that he/she doesn't have, and you know you need those on Apotheosis).

Vantage + Vengeance combo;

Sol on Lunatic+ instead of Vengeance to completely negate Counter deaths;

Limit Breaker, Armsthrift and Galeforce for obvious reasons;

Waste with guaranteed Dual Strikes from Chrom = mostly guaranteed kills;

Mire to pick off an enemy and get a free extra turn from a distance, and for a gigantic attack range when factoring Boots;

Speed Asset and Great Lord S-support specifically to outspeed Anna by exactly 5 points with Rallies while still being a Sorcerer. And I could go on.

- Despite the previous point I've made, my favorite class is actually Berserker. I always wanted a Berserker avatar, and that's exclusive to males. I don't care if Warriors are technically better in this game or if Berserkers lost their boosted crit chance. That +2 Strength and +4 Speed matters to me. And they're awesome in general IMO.

- Never bothered grinding to 99999 Renown just for the sake of getting a second Supreme Emblem, a.k.a playing through Golden Gaffe once and a half. Not worth my time. 50000 for Boots is just enough for me.

- The only playable class I've never used is Bow Knight. They are terrible in my opinion.

- I never used Say'ri. EVER.

-----

Never played Shadow Dragon or Radiant Dawn, so straight to:

-----

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

- While Awakening has a special place in my heart, this would be my favorite game in the series in general.

- Ike is a boss. Both in this game and in Brawl. I main'd him in Brawl before I even knew about Fire Emblem in the first place.

- Had Ike survive an attack from the Black Knight in Chapter 11, with a very lucky dodge, and got the special quote from BK.

- OHKO'd Ashnard's first form and ORKO'd his second form with the superoverpowered Wrath + Resolve combo on Ike. Good times.

EDIT: I actually have a video on my YouTube channel where I show off Nasir pulling off an even more powerful combo.

- I'm using Largo.

- Always used Mist over Rhys. Sue me.

- I have a crush on Ilyana.

- I do wish Ike's promoted class was Hero, and not Lord -_-

- I never used Sothe. He seems good though, but I prefer Volke simply because Assassins.

- I always choose Tibarn in the final chapter. He's the best IMO. If it wasn't for having to choose Giffca at least once to unlock his portrait in the gallery, I'm going Tibarn all day.

- Killed Titania in the first chapters to get her incapacitated dialogue in the future chapters.

-----

I'll go on when I have more time, I'll go straight to other games for now;

-----

Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones

- Eirika sucks.

- Ephraim rocks.

- First played on Difficult mode. Screw Valni and skirmishes. Not doing those until Creature Campaign, cause main game too easy otherwise.

- Gerik, Joshua and Marisa are the frickin' best IMO.

- Made Joshua my Assassin, and Marisa my Swordmaster.

- Never used trainees. They're part of what makes this game so easy.

- Knoll is the *cough* luckiest *cough* bastard on the planet. Was soloing Floor 10 of the Ruins (on my 2nd run to eventually unlock Lyon) with him, spamming Nosferatus to kill the dracos. While picking off one of them however, Knoll ended up at 35 HP, which was just enough for the next draco to kill him in one shot on the next attack. The draco MISSED an 89%. True Hit: 97.69%. And, mind you, this was played on my 3DS (yay, Ambassadors :D), so I would've had to restart the entire ruins all over again if I got killed there. By far the luckiest moment in my Fire Emblem career. I tell ya, getting Lyon was worth it after THAT.

- Solo'd the Ruins with Lyon one last time just for fun before finally being done with the game for a good time.

- Completely maxed out Myrrh's stats with the secret shops' stat boosters. Restored her Dragonstone, as well as the Rapier, Reginleif, Hatchet and some of my Divine Weapons using the Gorgon Egg glitch.

-----

Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword

- Lyn is awesome.

- Eliwood sucks. Sadly he's the only one capable of OHKOing the Fire Dragon bar Athos' Luna, with a Durandal critical, offensive supports and Filla's Might boost.

- Hector is pretty boss. Too bad his movement kinda sucks.

- This is the second Fire Emblem game I've played after Awakening, and it's thanks to ShadowMarioXLI on YouTube that I got started into the series in the first place and decided to play this one as well.

- I've beaten HHM after quite a lot of struggling. Cog of Destiny was by far the hardest chapter for me. After that, my run went uphill. Lyn got the bestest stats ever. Maxed Strength, Skill, Speed and Luck with ease. Oh, and Eliwood sucked.

- I pulled off the perfect ending on HHM, with Nergal's special death quote, the dragon mother picture and everything.

- I never fought Lloyd before fighting Linus.

- This is mostly general, but no arena grinding at all. I'm usually playing on consoles and don't have enough patience.

- SERRA YOU B--

- I never used Rath or Nino.

- Tried talking to Harken with my main lord in Pale Flower of Darkness while he was Sleep'd. It obviously didn't work. Waste of a Sleep staff -_-'

- Lowen, stop being an emo and get a haircut ffs.

- Raven is basically Gerik without resistance. And Luck. But I still like him.

- Fiora is the best of the three pegasus sisters IMO.

- Jaffar is awesome, nuff said.

- I like calling Bartre ''Barney'' for some reason. Don't ask what science can explain.

-----

I have yet to play Sword of Seals. I plan on doing it soon however. I'll definitely start it on Hard mode, cause why not. And it will suck.

I've seen a playthrough recently, however, so I should be fine for the most part. However I will probably go against one of my FE thumb rules and arena grind a bit, because the characters' growths suck so much in my opinion that it would barely make a difference in the end.

And I'll use Sophia. I like her. Wish her Shaman sprite was different, however.

Edited by ItzMeeMario

I don't think Awakening's designs are as bad as people make them out to be (Except for the cavalier's unfortunate design, the Great Knight design, and a few others)

What's wrong with the Cavaliers design?

1 confession:

I don't know what LTC is.

I refuse to play the first 3 FE games because of the terrible UI.

I decided to use Astrid in Path of Radiance just because she was cute and was in denial that she sucked in Radiant Dawn until I got her up to Silver Knight and saw that her DEF was only 17.

I had trouble with Radiant Dawn 2-E

I actually like Tharja and Micaiah

I don't think Shadow Dragon is that bad (first FE bias)

I refuse to play the first 3 FE games because of the terrible UI.

I decided to use Astrid in Path of Radiance just because she was cute and was in denial that she sucked in Radiant Dawn until I got her up to Silver Knight and saw that her DEF was only 17.

I had trouble with Radiant Dawn 2-E

I actually like Tharja and Micaiah

I don't think Shadow Dragon is that bad (first FE bias)

Really? SD was my least favorite, but it was my first in the series and got me into FE.

Astrid was great for me in PoR but that's about it. I also only used her because I thought she was cute but she died with no effort at all in RD.

Tharja and Micaiah are fine. I don't hate them like everyone else.

RD 2-E was pretty hard tbh.

What about the UI?

My main problem with the UI was that Wait was the command that your cursor was placed on automatically instead of Attack or Staff like in every other game afterwards. The main problem was that it conflicted with what I was used to.

Well, let's see...

- I'm a shameless arena abuser... though I do it mainly for the money rather than the EXP.

- I've never played the Judgral or Tellius games, nor do I really want to.

- I've never played Shadow Dragon or Heroes of Light and Shadow. If I wanted to play those games, I'd stick to FE1 and 3.

- I almost NEVER use pre-promotes, unless it's for support conversations I like. Awakening is the exception to this...

- I don't care about tactician rankings when I play.

- My first Fire Emblem game was Gaiden, and shortly after playing it and moving on to Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones, I was mildly confused...

- I don't have the patience to train units of the Est archetype.

- For the GBA games, I don't give most of my units any weapons that weigh over 2 points more than their CON Stat. Pegasus Knights and magic users are the exception.

- In games where you are given ultimate weapons (FE6 or 8), I never use them until the final chapter.

- I turn off the music in-game and pull up other video game tracks from Youtube when I play.

- The only games that I use dancers in is FE3 and FE13, because they can actually fight.

- In the early missions, I always bring a healer into the battle.

- I always try to kill the boss in survival missions.

GAME SPECIFIC

Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light

-The only Pegasus Knight I use is Sheeda/Caeda.

Mystery of the Emblem

- While I don't like any of my units dying, I'll turn a blind eye if Abel is killed, mainly due to his character ending.

Sword of Seals

- I use Merlinus.... and if that's not enough, I spend hours grinding him up to level 20 in Chapter 2, just so he'll survive future chapters.

- I use Sophia, even if Ray may be superior.

Blazing Sword

- I have no problem with Eliwood.

- I've never played HHM.

- I once made it to "Sands of time", but then started all over once I learned how to get supports and learned to promote units at Level 20.

- I spend hours doing boss abuse on Lundgren to buff up all my units (except Lyn), in Lyn's story.

- Florina is my favorite Pegasus Knight in Blazing Sword.... and in the entire series.

- I like pairing said Pegasus Knight with Hector, mainly to improve her offense.

- I always fight Linus first in Eliwood's story, and Lloyd first in Hector's story. (Mainly because I play LHM before hand to grind up Wallace)

- I give both Body Rings to Eliwood so he can use Durandal without too much loss of speed.

Sacred Stones

- I prefer Eirika's route over Ephraim's.

- I am a frequent skirmish fighter and visitor to the Tower of Valni between story missions.

- I don't use summoners, wyvern knights, or mage knights.

- I always get Orson killed in the gaiden chapter.

Awakening

- I frequently use the Gold and EXP DLC maps to give myself an advantage, mainly to forge weapons and get the skills I want for the children.

- While I do play 3 different files with different pairings, Chrom/Sumia, Donnel/Panne, and Ricken/Nowi are pairings I always go with.

- I always make Gaius my Dread Fighter.

- I don't use Tricksters, unless it's Anna.

- I'm an eternal Casual in this game.

- I always finish off the final boss.

Edited by Mark the Tactician