Fire Emblem Confessions~

I'm gonna actually put stuff.

I genuinely like Awakening, and even though it definitely has its flaws, it's still a pretty awesome game. (GET AT ME)

I like a good amount of Awakening's characters.

I have never used Levin x Fury and think it's overrated.

I've never beaten FE8 hard mode. Gotten really super close, but stopped and lost interest in the dark protect castle chapter.

Finn is probably the best FE character evar.

I keep meaning to go on with FE5, but I can never get interested enough.

Coming up with pairings for FE4 and 13 is super fun.

I got RD for Christmas and played the first couple chapters but lost interest and never finished it.

I may have more later.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting that in FE10 the Dawn Brigade characters become better on hard mode than on lower difficulties. Edward had very high defense and resistance. In part 1 he could survive two physical and magical attacks thanks support without any problems.

And Leonardo was my best character of the DB! He had ridiculous high speed growth, even capped speed in tier 1. I could already promote him in part 1, which I never have could before even on easy mode. Through Lughnasadh he was even faster than Edward (23+5=28 speed) and could double ALL the laguz in 3-13. Never happened before on lower difficulties! I'll never say again that Leonardo sucks in FE10!

Edited by TalesOf Hysteria

It's interesting that in FE10 the Dawn Brigade characters become better on hard mode than on lower difficulties. Edward had very high defense and resistance. In part 1 he could survive two physical and magical attacks thanks support without any problems.

And Leonardo was my best character of the DB! He had ridiculous high speed growth, even capped speed in tier 1. I could already promote him in part 1, which I never have could before even on easy mode. Through Lughnasadh he was even faster than Edward (23+5=28 speed) and could double ALL the laguz in 3-13. Never happened before on lower difficulties! I'll never say again that Leonardo sucks in FE10!

Lucky.

Leonardo's speed is eh. 35%... Not the best in FE10.

Edward having Def and Res? Huh? The kid's supposed to dodgetank/Physical sweeper, Not to mention low caps in those stats.

I don't use FE7 Marcus and normally train Erk fast to replace him.

Micaiah is a cool character.

Rolf>Shinon

I don't use Marcia or Jill in FE9.

My Roys are better than my Ikes.

FE9 Rolf is the best archer.

Edward is the best DB member, Gameplaywise.

Nolan sucks.

Hector is overrated BIG TIME.

Henry and Miriel are the only first gen characters in FE13 I still like.

FE9 mages aren't the worst.

Lucky.

Leonardo's speed is eh. 35%... Not the best in FE10.

Edward having Def and Res? Huh? The kid's supposed to dodgetank/Physical sweeper, Not to mention low caps in those stats.

I don't use FE7 Marcus and normally train Erk fast to replace him.

Micaiah is a cool character.

Rolf>Shinon

I don't use Marcia or Jill in FE9.

My Roys are better than my Ikes.

FE9 Rolf is the best archer.

Edward is the best DB member, Gameplaywise.

Nolan sucks.

Hector is overrated BIG TIME.

Henry and Miriel are the only first gen characters in FE13 I still like.

FE9 mages aren't the worst.

I know! That's what I meant that I never could promote Leonardo till part 3. His strength and speed growth are usually bad. Though I always used him just because of Lughnasadh.

Anna was crazy in my latest HM run:

Edward reached 14 defense in tier 1 and capped strength 20. Through the A-support with Leonardo he had a defense of 17!

Jill didn't get one single strength point in 10 levels ups, even Leonardo had more strength after promotion than her.

Edward is very good, but he has the main problem that he's in the party with the hardest chapters. It's pretty hard to use him in part 3, because he normally can't survive two attacks of a tiger. His affinity doesn't help either. Wrath also could kill hisself, so he needs resolve at least and a earth support. However statwise he's the best myrmidon/swordmaster tied with Mia.

Nolan doesn't suck! He's not a typical fighter with high HP and strength growth. He's more balanced with good speed and resistance and ok defense. I prefer him over Aran, who's slow and will be doubled on HM very soon. And Tarvos will give him +4 in defense.

I don't like FE10 Ike either because of his bad speed growth. I always have trouble to bring him to 27 speed to survive BK in 3-7.

In FE9 Rolf is the only archer you really can use thanks to Shinon's terrible availibility. I believe Shinon has the best growths in the game, but his base stats are shit, when you re-recruit him.

In FE10 I also prefer Rolf over Shinon because of Rolf's 75% strength growth. He's my favourite level 1 unit to train, even on HM.

I don't like anyone in FE13, because I just don't like this game. I would like to love the falcon knights, but they're completly ruined with the fact that they can't use swords anymore.

I know! That's what I meant that I never could promote Leonardo till part 3. His strength and speed growth are usually bad. Though I always used him just because of Lughnasadh.

Anna was crazy in my latest HM run:

Edward reached 14 defense in tier 1 and capped strength 20. Through the A-support with Leonardo he had a defense of 17!

Jill didn't get one single strength point in 10 levels ups, even Leonardo had more strength after promotion than her.

Edward is very good, but he has the main problem that he's in the party with the hardest chapters. It's pretty hard to use him in part 3, because he normally can't survive two attacks of a tiger. His affinity doesn't help either. Wrath also could kill hisself, so he needs resolve at least and a earth support. However statwise he's the best myrmidon/swordmaster tied with Mia.

Nolan doesn't suck! He's not a typical fighter with high HP and stength growth. He's more balanced with good speed and resistance growth and ok defense. I prefer him over Aran, who's slow and will be doubled on HM very soon. And Tarvos will give him +4 in defense.

I don't like FE10 Ike either because of his bad speed growth. I always have trouble to bring him to 27 speed to survive BK in 3-7.

In FE9 Rolf is the only archer you really can use thanks to Shinon's terrible availibility. I believe Shinon has the best growths in the game, but his base stats are shit and he's totally underleveled when you re-recruit him.

In FE10 I also prefer Rolf over Shinon because of Rolf's 75% strength growth. He's my favourite level 1 unit to train, even on HM.

I don't like anyone in FE13, because I just don't like this game. I would like to love the falcon knights, but they're completly ruined with the fact that they can't use swords anymore.

Nolan was bad enough my first playthrough that ever since I've refused to use fighters, even HM Batre, meaning no Karla of me.

I guess that's another confession, I don't bother recruiting Karla. I don't see her as a worthy reward for using Batre, at all.

Rolf is beast.

I like most of FE13 Gen 2's characters.

I use Nino.

And FE11 Est.

Ike is the worst lord.

FE6 is not boring.

I like using Sophia.

a6UPdFM.png

By stuffing her with stat boosts.

-Have only played FE7 once meaning I haven't played Hector mode at all let alone HHM.

-On that one playthrough I didn't recruit Nino or Jafar (and missed the gaiden chapter as a result) because I only tried to speak to them in one or two ways before deciding they would automatically get recruited if they survived to the end of the chapter. I guess in that playthrough they're now wondering the world together instead of helping out Eliwood.

-I actually don't mind the lack of visible enemy range in Radiant Dawn Hard Mode. I think it really changes how you approach the game.

-Partially related to the above, I believe being frustrated beyond belief is very much the Fire Emblem Experience and have a low opinion of Casual and Save States as a result (though I don't begrudge anyone who chooses to use them and, shamefully, sometimes do myself).

-I think Radiant Dawn Astrid is an awesome unit thanks to ParaBlossom and useually max out all her stats before reaching the Tower (which leaves me with the odd desire not to user her even though she is less than level 20 even though I know at this point in the game it doesn't really matter if I waste some EXP).

-I have read the 4 pages of this thread and was quite surprised there was no significant derailment.

Despite really liking most paladins in the oifey archetype and always using them (marcus, tits, seth, sirius and maybe fred) i really dislike oifey himself, and always leave him protecting the castle. I find it hard to promote the foot units that get horses on promotion with him around (lewyn!arthur and celice) and it's not like he can kill things a good dulmud can't (seliph, arthur, lakshe and ulster have even better combat than him)

Edited by NOBODY

-I've only ever beaten FE11 on normal mode.

-I don't see any problem with arena abusing, boss abusing, tower abusing, etc.

-I don't think I've ever beaten Hector Mode.

-I don't care about LTC and consistency.

-I usually play in casual mode and/or abuse savestates and battle saves

-I've been mentelly scarred by FE5

-I consider Marth to be one of the worst units in FE11

-I usually hoard all my resources, resulting in a full set of untouched legendary weapons and stap booster in the endgame, after I played through the whole game using only iron weapons

-I always train up the trainees in FE8

-I hate FE5 and think it ruined the Jugdral series

That's all I can think of for now.

When I played my first Fire Emblem game (Which is Shadow Dragon) I was using Javelins a lot using them on bosses and thought I was soo 'original' and no one thought of it. I called it the Javelin trick, then I realized how stupid my idea it was when Shiida and Abel did no damage since it was so weak whenever I used it, and it got even worse when bosses had Javelins, Hand Axes, arrows.

In Fire Emblem Awakening I was upset that Emmeryn did not have a support conversation with Chrom and Lissa. Also how Chrom doesn't have a lot of supports with male charcters and how Say'ri only has one with Robin.

- I played most Fire Emblems on the lowest difficulty, because I don't particularly demand a challenging experience. The exception to this was Radiant Dawn, which I regret.

- Shadow Dragon was my first Fire Emblem.

- After having played all but three games in the series, I have reached the conclusion that I liked all except for one game which I explicitly dislike no matter how hard I tried to enjoy it.

- I always thought the option to grind in order to make weaker units viable again like in Awakening or Sacred Stones is a good thing, and I generally prefer it when those mechanics are present.

- I always found bow users to be useless with very few exceptions, namely in Shinon and FE8/11/12.

- I am okay with killing off units I do not use for the purpose of a full gaiden run in Shadow Dragon, although I would prefer this not be something that happens in the future.

- Other than Shadow Dragon there was only one Fire Emblem in which I purposely threw most of my units to their deaths. And it wasn't to make the game more difficult.

Annnnd...

- I didn't train Raquesis or Julia in my Genealogy playthrough. I ended up having to painstakingly brutalize Julius with four crusader weapons.

- I accidentally made three crusader weapons totally useless because of the magic that is a blind playthrough.

- I didn't know how the Valkyrie staff even functioned until it was too late. Super.

- As much as I love the Tellius games, I would never play Radiant Dawn a second time for Lehran or Pelleas. I explicitly dislike the latter and the former doesn't seem worth it to use for literally one chapter, as much as I strive to do 100% recruitment runs in games.

- I completely discarded the Dawn Brigade except for Nolan. Sothe got some use for a while, but in the end it was only Nolan.

- I probably never made any use of Laguz units until Radiant Dawn, where I actively used Nailah and Caineghis.

- I liked doing really stupid things in Shadow Dragon like making it so I would have five generals, one of which with Parthia.

/Unpopular opinions and declarations that get me yelled at

I don't play for turns.

I never play on HM.

I never cleared FE6 ( terribly bland cast, I never cared for them, unlike their parents in FE7 ).

FE7 was my first FE. When I played it for the first time I thought the game ended at the end of Lyn's Mode. ><

I hate Ike. I don't care how awesome he is on the battlefield. I'd rather use Tits/Haar.

I use Lucia ( I hacked RD and gave her her PoR growths. Beautiful stuff ). I changed some other growths of other units as well ( even changed affinites, weapons etc. Fun times ).

More than half the DBs died when I played FE10 for the first time ( Ch. 3-13 ).

I remember using a cheat code to make weapons unbreakable in 4-4 bearable because the reinforcements became unbearable.

I once waited out the full 26 turns in 4-5 of RD to see how much EXP my units could gain.

I play on an Emulator.

LuciaxElincia is my OTP.

That's all for now.

Edited by SSL

i dunno, i don't remember many FE6 supports being particularly stand-out

The first FE6 supports I think of are:

• Lalum/Oiger
  • Roy/Wolt (probably the best support either of them have)
  • Lance/Clarine
  • Lilina/Cecilia (which honestly gives more character to Roy than anyone)
  • Roy/Sophia
  • Fae... Just Fae...
  • Raigh/Hugh
Just my thoughts...

The first FE6 supports I think of are:

• Lalum/Oiger
  • Roy/Wolt (probably the best support either of them have)
  • Lance/Clarine
  • Lilina/Cecilia (which honestly gives more character to Roy than anyone)
  • Roy/Sophia
  • Fae... Just Fae...
  • Raigh/Hugh
Just my thoughts...

Noah/Treck is a great one as well.

Saul's supports are quite funny IMO. I also quite liked the Alance supports, though from what I've seen I'm in the minority there.

Edited by shinpichu

Have completed FE8 for the first time on normal (started to play it two years ago, but never finished it):

• unlocked only 5 (!!!) support conversations in the entire game (at least a B-support between Joshua x Natasha)
  • all the cavaliers sucked; didn't use Seth
  • Ephraim, Tana and Vanessa were the only characters, who reached 100 kills
  • Vanessa was a tank: 18 speed, although she has a defense growth of only 20%. I was really lucky with her
  • Tana was a powerhouse, who reminded me on FE10 Jill with high strength, speed, luck and resistance.
  • Ross was slow as hell
  • Neimi was my worst unit and the worst archer ever. No single speed point. So I sacrificed her to get Cormag in chapter 10 Ephraim's route.
  • I didn't know that Manaketes belong to flying units. So I was shocked, when a sniper killed Myrrh. Had to restart.
  • Joshua killed Lyon with just two critical hits in a row
  • enemies in the final chapter have as much as HP like level 5 cavaliers
  • didn't give any item boosts to my units
  • couldn't bring S-weapons in axe, bow, light and dark magic to the endgame, because the units didn't reach weapon level S
  • I have to say that FE8 was way more fun than FE13!
  • This run was truly not perfect. I have to improve my play of style, if I play on difficult mode next time, but first I will continue with the Elibe-series (FE7 + 6).

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes when I'm tired of losing on a chapter...I will let someone go. RIP Gregor, Maribelle, Miriel. Next playthrough I'll try to keep them.

I actually use laguz.

I never bought my own copy of Blazing Sword. Friend let me borrow hers a couple times though...

-I like using armour knights and generals

-I can't bring myself to use Jagens, especially Marcus

-I buy too much weapons

-I bred FE Awakening characters for stats and I regret it.

-I like Shadow Dragon

-I've only played FE10 on easy

-Would pair up FE13 Male and Female avatars if given the opportunity

-Only beat FE10 on easy :'(

-Used Roshea on FE11 because i could

-Raised Tormod, Fiona, and Astrid on FE10

-Uses Ogier instead of Dieck

-Would totally ship Priam and Olivia

Edited by Formerly ShockMaster

• I got bored with Shadow dragon halfway through.

I shamelessly grind in fe13

I generally feel bad for the Jeigans so I like to use most of them until somewhat late game.

I always have at least 1 character as a favorite, so I rng abuse and feed them all of the kills just to make that one character roflstomp the game. (Usually the cutesy girls like Florina)

Tried very hard to pair Seliph and Julia up in fe4 for incest lulz. (In the end I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to reset and so, I failed miserably. Used the Jealousy method)

Once stopped playing fe4 for two months because I just because missed the bargain ring in chapter 2.

Never touched any of the Japan only FEs except FE4.

I actually used Leonardo for Endgame in FE10.

Barely played FE8.

Convinced that Ephraim/Eirika twincest is canon.

Never managed to beat FE10 hard mode.

Pairs in FE13 based on hair color.

Tried very hard in fe9 to not solo the game with Ike... didn't work

Cleared fe7 with only 3 supports. No A supports.

Arena abused in fe7 in first playthrough.

I hate "Ests"

Edited by Sleepy_Tactician