Who are the worst nostalgia gamers?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who are more worser

• FE GBA Extremists
    • Genwunners

Yoshi story was the 64 game though. Yoshis island was the SNES one.

Yoshi island has a special place in my heart. Touch fuzzy get dizzy, man

Throw secret of evermore on that list too. I love how spoofy the story and dialogue is, and it literally sells itself as though it were a B movie-game.

though steam is pretty good because it has a huge and diverse library with super awesome sales but its not old enough that i would consider myself nostalgic for anything ive played on it

mostly snes games because snes > everything

Don't double post

Pokemon Yellow was the first game I ever owned, and I got it the day it came out. It was legit, first gameboy, first love, Lv48 Pikachu by Cerulean from killing everything in site. ahhh, the good days when killing things was killing things and not a mindless grind. :/

But on the reals:

SSB: Melee was the first game I got into competitively, and later actual went to tournament for Brawl. I mained Yoshi, and G&W.

OoT and MM were also games that game me locked in.

ALttP was the first LoZ game I owned, and I indulged in it too. I had the Directors Cut and looooved it.

FF7 got me into the FF Series, but later I decided that 10 and 12 were my niche. 7 quickly fell on my list, even so behind 9.

Luigi's Mansion was the first gamecube game I owned, and I got down on it too...

But lets mix it up here to something I havent seen mentioned...my legendary entrance to FPS online...

CoD4 and Halo2. Get @ the extreme amount of hours spent online. I only remember my MW2 days played but it was 48 on my main acct, and 17 on my second 10th. I used my second acct for gamebattles. And yes, I was natural tenth prestige on both. Not some lobby fag.

Phantasy Star 4 hsa come back into my head. Ahhhhh, the memories.

My first Pkmn was Blue, and my best friend got Red. To this day, we still do speedruns against eachother here and there just for kicks. Also to confirm, my earthbound cart still rests soundly in its box ALttP was amazing, my father and I spent so much time playing that together.

Halo 1 still holds a place in my heart too, as the first game to ever actually scare me. 343 Guilty Spark when you're like 11 years old, at 2am in CoOp, was thrilling

Almost forgot Lufia 2, fucking Ancient Maze. Most fun ever

Edited by Sara.

Duck Hunt on NES because it is the first video game I ever played, Minish Cap for GBA because it got me in to Zelda and Sacred Stones because it was my first Fire Emblem game.

I'll spoiler tag my list to save space and keep it out of people's ways

Super Mario Sunshine

Mario Kart Double Dash

Metroid Prime 2 (by personal preference)

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones (even though I only played it two years ago)

Super Smash Bros: Melee

Lego Star Wars 1-3 and 4-6

Pokemon Emerald

It's blatantly obvious what systems I grew up with

all the classic mario games pre 64

donkey kong country

zelda ocarina of time

super punch out

thinking about it, most super nintendo games

edit: almost forgot. the first level in goldeneye. really takes me back

Edited by Aizenberg

A lot of Nintendo games in this thread. Let's have some variety. Toss in one more from me for Metal Gear Solid for PSX. Legendary game. Psycho Mantis is the GOAT boss.

Also that one Power Rangers game on the SNES because that was the game that my brothers would help me beat since I couldn't beat it on my own. All those feels. Eventually they grew older and couldn't play it with me anymore :(

Oh yeah, and Battle Toads too. Those toads were so fucking cool I swear. Didn't they have sunglasses on? Lol.

Oh man, don't even get me started on the PS2.

The .Hack G.U. series was like my entire middle school.

Xenosaga 1/3 (never finished 2...) were games my friend loaned to me. Lots of fond memories there.

Kingdom Hearts 1, because that was the first game I borrowed from my friend Anderson. It solidified our friendship and we are still close to this day.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

WarCraft 2 - Seeing the Opening cinematic after so many years brought tears to my eye... and then I managed to loose my new copy. One of these days, I need to get yet another one.

Command & Conquer: Red Alert - It's kinda like Tiberian Dawn, except Blue and Red. Also, the game had time anomalies that could eat your base. Not that anyone ever used the Chronosphere ever. Also, the first expansion pack had a secret campaign against ants.

Road Rash(PC) - That feeling when you manage to break your bike on "The City" level 5 less then one kilometer before the finish line... Of course, the best feeling is when you break your bike but still manage to fly the last few hundred meters to the finish line before hitting the ground.

Full Throttle - For a Lucas Arts adventure, it's quite remarkable in that a lot of problems can be solved by such direct means like kicking something. Also, bike battles with chainsaws.

Monkey Island 3 - "You shot my Banjo!"

Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun - This game, it looked awesome, had awesome physics, a really vital environment... it's just brilliant. It's just too bad that I can't call the game C&C 3 anymore.

Gothic - The best way to get introduced to RPGs. Took me several hours just to find out how to equip a weapon.

Baldur's Gate - The second best way. All hail bows and Magic Missiles.

And naturally Zelda: Ocarina of Time & Majora's Mask. Can't forget about the consoles.

Edited by BrightBow