How bad were you when you just started fire emblem?

momogeek2141

191 members have voted

1. 1. How good were you?

• As good as I am now.
    • Very good.
    • Eh.
    • Pretty bad
    • Imagine the worst you possibly could. Then make it fifty times worse.
  2. 2. How many characters did you lose on your first run through? (approximate)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was pretty terrible.

Like...really bad. (First Game was Sacred Stones FYI)

Deaths by Chapter 7:

Seth

Franz

Gilliam

Mulder

Vanessa

Ross

Garcia

Colm

Neimi

Lute

Artur

Natasha

Joshua

...Yep.... Only Erikia was alive. Solo-ed Chapter 7 with just Erikia.

Chapter 8:

Forde died...

Erikia died, after I defeated the boss of the chapter, 2 steps away from the throne.

I restarted after that...

I was pretty terrible.

Deaths by Chapter 7:

Seth

Franz

Gilliam

Mulder

Vanessa

Ross

Garcia

Colm

Neimi

Lute

Artur

Natasha

Joshua

Chapter 8:

Forde died...

Erikia died, after I defeated the boss of the chapter, 2 steps away from the throne.

Wow, you were even worse than me

I was pretty terrible.

Deaths by Chapter 7:

Seth

Franz

Gilliam

Mulder

Vanessa

Ross

Garcia

Colm

Neimi

Lute

Artur

Natasha

Joshua

Chapter 8:

Forde died...

How did Seth...

if seth died before chapter 7, the most likely answer is that he got hit by the halberd fighter in chapter 6 while using a lance.

Yeah, that happened. Chapter 6 pretty much killed everyone (though I know Franz died in the chapter you're meant to recruit him in...)

My first game was the Sacred Stones. I loved it so much but I was so terrible. Everyone but the lords and Seth was dead by Chapter 9. Then Gheb became my worst nightmare, I couldn't figure out how to give Seth a sword lol. He kept on getting crit-blicked by Gheb's Killer Axe. I never finished that run.

My first game was the Sacred Stones. I loved it so much but I was so terrible. Everyone but the lords and Seth was dead by Chapter 9. Then Gheb became my worst nightmare, I couldn't figure out how to give Seth a sword lol. He kept on getting crit-blicked by Gheb's Killer Axe. I never finished that run.

That's better than I did in my first playthrough. :)

Wow, I thought my first run was bad, but compared to some ITT it seems like I got the good end of the stick. My first game was FE7, and I actually got stuck on the tutorial chapters, for every chapter, starting at chapter 8. I lost 5 units in chapter 8 before I went and reset. I also thought it was a good idea to not play that gaiden chapter. I thought that I was just going to get a really long cut scene full of flavour text, so I opted out. When I replayed 7 I was in shock that there was a gaiden chapter.

On chapter 16x I was also extremely adamant about brute forcing my way through, despite the game insisting a hundred times to use the back door. I eventually gave up and did it the "correct" way, and felt like I had done something wrong for the entire run. I also missed on a lot of the optional units, as is to be expected, but somehow managed to get Jaffar. When I got to chapter 23, I was playing the Linus map, and thought dart could take on the pirates. Last time I ever used Dart I can tell you that. I also lost Heath on this chapter, and I was really pissed about that, because I gave the computer too much leniency in it's crit percents. I learnt a valuable lesson from that, never underestimate the crit percent. It will always find a way to fuck you up.

First game was FE7. My grandmother randomly bought it for my brother for Christmas the year it was released. I didn't really like most of the pre promote units with the exception of Jaffar so there wasn't much exp wasted, although I did lose a couple units in my first playthrough, and it took me forever to figure out how to get Raven. For the longest time I thought he was unrecruitable.

My first Fire Emblem game was FE7. I don't know how, but I believe most of my units where blessed, which made me believe those were the best! Dorcas, Bartre, Rebecca, Lowen and offcourse ALL the lords. I was even able to train up Rath and Heath from base level to promoted units in no-time. I do remember struggling against Nergal and final Dragon. Probably because I didn't have to much firepower. I did use both Priscilla AND Serra, so healing was never a problem.

Nowadays I can't be bothered to train up units that join late in the game. I never seem able to make them catch up. So in a way, I used to be "better" at this game then now. But that could also be, because I like to plan on ahead nowadays... So I might be less blessed, because I pick the best and they probably only can turn out WORSE, instead of much better.

My first fire emblem game was awakening, and the only way I could beat it on my first playthrough was hiring a berserker hector and nergal via wireless, luckily now I'm much better at fire emblem games and all this happened back in April 2013 I was such a noob.

My current and first playthrough of Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon (as of Chapter Chapter 24) I have currently lost ~30 units (I say roughly because I've yet to complete the chapter and I failed on that try).

Don't worry, I have gotten much better since. XD

Edited by Star and Moon

My only real flaw when starting out in FE was not realizing how levelling up, stat growths, and promotions worked. I used pretty much any unit I liked and promoted them as soon as they hit level 10. It bit me in the ass at the end of FE7, the final chapter would've been impossible without Athos.

I had Marcus solo everything on FE7, then I despaired as I ony had prepromos + Marcus to fight Nergal while mostly everyone else (except the Lords) were dead.

I don't even remember how I defeated the fire dragon in my second run.

I guess I was terrible but got better as I kept playing through the games. I did lose characters but don't recall how many or who exactly. I'm not that good still, just an average player, but now at least I know that units do promote and become stronger, and that at least you always get a good character to help you out if you have trouble.

My first was FE11, and I was 12. I know I only had 4 units at the very end- Marth, Gotoh, Elice, and whichever Laim, Wieklin, or Auffle was my second Fortify bot. ​except being 12 i didnt know that was what i was doing

I figured it out (mostly) on my second play through, though, and just kept getting better afterwards. It's relatively easy to get good enough quick when you're super obsessed.

I let my units die, the ultimate sin for FE. My first Radiant Dawn epilogue was like an obituary. My real start with the series was Sacred Stones and I soloed the game with Seth and so it didn't seem too bad.

My first run of Sacred Stones was also an obituary. I lost every unit except the lords, Ross, and Ewan. The final chapter was absurdly difficult, until Fomortiis was absolutely destroyed by Warrior Ross and Ephraim

Edited by The Dark Armorknight