Why Marth + Ike?

Pokegee

But why would Ranulf NOT hire Ike and his group? They are, you know, the strongest beorc warriors around...and Ike and Ranulf are close friends by this point. :P

They ARE kind of just there, but it wouldn't make sense for them not to be.

As for the homophobe thing, FINALLY someone else that knows how I feel. I've been called a homophobe a lot because I'm not into yaoi or yuri. That doesn't mean I hate gays and lesbians! I've been friends with them! Saying my dislike for yaoi and yuri means I hate gay/lesbian people is like saying I hate Xbox fanboys because I don't like Xbox, which is silly.

Also, I think Heather is lesbian.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what I absolutely despise about this whole discussion? If you disagree that Ike is gay, 9 times out of 10, you immediately get branded a homophobe. And then the discussion is derailed into "Im not a homophobe!", "Yes, you are!", "No, I'm not!".

it's great that this is not what happened in this thread then huh

as a matter of fact I only see people being called homophobes when they, you know, act homophobic, but I guess it's a matter of perspective

Thread progression:

MarthxIke --> Really cool discussion about interpreting the sexuality of characters with Ike and Soren as mediums --> Ike's relevance in FE10

FE10 Ike is easily my least favorite lord

I'd have to play the game again to have a fair opinion, but at this point, I feel the same.

Just because he got plenty of development in FE9 doesn't excuse neglecting that aspect in the sequel.

Agreed. If you're adding in a character who is integral to the plot, one would expect that character to be developed upon, especially if that character is a protagonist. Otherwise, you'd have a boring main character, which is a critical writing flaw. Though, again, I'd need to replay this to have a more solid opinion.

Elincia and Micaiah both felt like well-rounded, integral characters. Through recollection, Micaiah was an interesting character, scrounging up street urchins to fight an oppressive government to eventually building an army to overthrow it, much like Ike in a way, though still being a breath of fresh air. Elincia struggled with trying to rebuild her kingdom while stubborn nobles fought her at every turn to an eventual revolution, to fighting for her country on her own.

Ike... Helped. He's still awesome, and playing him again in a brand new story is invigorating, but I felt let down slightly from lack of development. He functions as the strong character he is, but doesn't stand as high as he did in the previous game with the constant progression of his character.

If I may give my two cents on Priam: I like to pretend that those Xenologues don't exist because it kinda sorta undermines Emmeryn's character and her role in the story after not dying when dying helped her resolve the first arc. But that's just me.

If I may give my two cents on Priam: I like to pretend that those Xenologues don't exist because it kinda sorta undermines Emmeryn's character and her role in the story after not dying when dying helped her resolve the first arc. But that's just me.

I myself still wonder if those Paralogues are canon to be honest.

it's great that this is not what happened in this thread then huh

as a matter of fact I only see people being called homophobes when they, you know, act homophobic, but I guess it's a matter of perspective

This is my first post in this thread. I'm talking about the general attitude. Especially on places like GameFAQs and Tumblr.

Then again, this is GameFAQs and Tumblr we're talking about...

But let me clarify. What bothers me more is the derailing of the conversation that follows.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

On the topic of Ike and Soren, and given that the games at least have a sort of medieval-ish feel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romantic_friendship

I remember reading about this, and it might just fit the bill.

So in other words Ike and Soren are FWB? Lol. Edited by Ownagepuffs

So in other words Ike and Soren are FWB? Lol.

Quite the opposite I think. Friends with benefits is usually having a strictly sexual relationship with none of the emotional closeness or romantic things. Where as this romantic friendship thing is all the emotional closeness or romantic stuff but with no sexual attraction.

This is my first post in this thread. I'm talking about the general attitude. Especially on places like GameFAQs and Tumblr.

Then again, this is GameFAQs and Tumblr we're talking about...

But let me clarify. What bothers me more is the derailing of the conversation that follows.

yeah it's unfair to the rest of the internet to consider tumblr and specially gamefaqs as the general attitude for this (or any) subject :P

and yes the derailing can be annoying but any thread that mentions ships is probably doomed to that fate for one reason or another. I mean, even if this thread didn't mention homophobia, it's still not discussing Marth/Ike anymore (though I find that a positive because there is nothing to say about that lol)

I myself still wonder if those Paralogues are canon to be honest.

I only consider Priam's to be canon because he doesn't show up anywhere else in the game. The other characters do. I mean, why make a completely new character, especially one related to a previous main character, if he or she isn't going to be canon?

Edited by Anacybele

The Paralogues are all canon. Pretending they don't exist doesn't change that.

Damn it. Why do you have to be right?

I really only meant the ones before the end of the game since there's no reason for Chrom and company to move away from their goal when it's right in front of them. Emmeryn's is the only one I vehemently disapprove of since it removes the effect of her death, and adds nothing to her character while the other paralogues did so.

• 4 months later...

if you dont mind i ship this pairing so maybe i can shed some light on this. yes ike an marth have only been in ssbb together and the new smash brothers, in the new fire emblem awakening when you unlock ike he mentions meeting marth in his life. that means the two characters interacted at some point, thats all it takes for fans.

as for the characters being gay, at first i thought Marth was a female in armor until i actually started getting into fire emblem. he does many things that are sterotypically gay (i am gay so dont be mad at me), he flips his hair, and his stance at points makes him look more womanly than other male characters and that matches the gay stereotypes.

as for Ike i cant really say i know his sexual preferences due to the fact i havent been able to play his game yet (gotta by it on amazon Q.Q).

As for Caeda.....i have no opinion on her, i accidentally killed her in my game (pegasus does not beat dragon by a long shot XD). as for the role she played in the anime....i thought she was annoying in the anime.

for the pairing in general, for me i like the free spirit warrior with the calm collected prince idea, alot of the fanfics are adorable and well written (some are not like most pairings) and im sure theres a good reason for the ship but mine is mainly the stories and character match up.

try some of the fanfics, if ya want i can send you some really good ones. im sorry if i didnt really help but i wanted to try and shed light on the ship ^w^"

Necroposting (post in a very old topic) is forbidden.

If a topic has not been posted in for 1 month AND has fallen outside the first page of a board, any posts made in that topic will be considered necroposting.

Instead, if necessary, simply make another topic.

This topic meets the above criteria, so I'm going to have to lock this thread. Please refrain from posting in old topics in future.