Pokkén Tournament DX - Decidueye didn't see that coming

DodgeDusk

Maybe the Pokemon amiibo do something for Pokken!

I sure hope so. I expected that all of the Smash cast of Pokemon would be in the game.

Yeah, but I don't want to play the same Pokemon over and over again. Why do you think I swap between Ike and Luigi and my secondaries in Smash so much? :P I just get bored after awhile even when using my favorite characters in games like these. Pokken Tournament needs Infernape or Keldeo or Sylveon or other awesome Pokemon like that. <3 I'd especially love Keldeo!

I second Infernape. I think the game should have a starter from each gen. We have Charizard and Blaziken. For gen 2, I'm thinking Feraligatr. Infernape seems most likely for gen 4. I honestly have no idea who it would be for gen 5, but gen 6 would almost definitely be Greninja.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I hope that the game supports USB fightsticks on the Wii U.

I'd hate to have to buy some fancy equipment to make my PS3/Xbox360 dual mod stick compatible.

...And frigging hell I need to remove the "waifu art" from mine:

xkcRY0nl.jpg

...urgh.

Edited by shadowofchaos

...I hope that the game supports USB fightsticks.

I'd hate to have to buy some fancy equipment to make my PS3/Xbox360 dual mod stick compatible.

xkcRY0nl.jpg

...urgh.

It's cool art though!

Also hmm, I wonder if the Wii U will get a fightpad of sorts... Unless there are some as is.

...I hope that the game supports USB fightsticks on the Wii U.

xkcRY0nl.jpg

...urgh.

I wouldn't. The art looks really nice.

• 4 weeks later...

So who do you all plan on trying/maining?

I'm really liking the looks of Charizard, Blaziken and Lucario.

Good question jedoof! I'll main bidoof. You guys already know my tastes and I'll end up using Suicune and Gardevoir. I'll see what other pokemon join if they get to add new pokemanz.

Pikachu. I always go for main characters.

As boring as evar king triple d

Edit: I also like some main characters like Shulk, Zael, Calista, Micaiah, Yoshi. I'm ok with Mario and Pikachu, not a fan, though.

Edited by Quintessence

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Apparently the roster still has a few empty tiles, if the gameply were more similar to Tekken's (apart from Gardevoir borrowing some of Asuka's moves) then I would have said Breloom as a Roger/Roger Jr./Alex character and Ditto as a Mokujin and Farfetch'd, because there has to be one game where it can be used for anything besides learning Cut and Fly

That is still a really tiny roster for a Pokemon fighting game. There are over 700 Pokemon, yet this game will only allow FIFTEEN of them? Ridiculous. Not to mention that other fighting games have larger rosters, including Smash Bros.

Edited by Anacybele

That is still a really tiny roster for a Pokemon fighting game. There are over 700 Pokemon, yet this game will only allow FIFTEEN of them? Ridiculous. Not to mention that other fighting games have larger rosters, including Smash Bros.

Fighting games always start with small rosters, smash only had 12, first Tekken only had 8, DOA2 had 12 even Soul Blade was only 20. And DW started as a fighting game with roughly 15, now it has spin-offs with over 100

Yeah, but who says this game will have a sequel or anything? The only way I see the roster expanding further than what that screenshot shows is through DLC. Which is probably going to happen, but I don't see there being that many DLC Pokemon happening.

• 2 weeks later...

dxJSVEl.jpg

Gematsu has released an article saying a new Pokkén Tournament fighter will be unveiled on the 10th of this month. The source hints that the new character has a “ン” character as a part of their Japanese name (rest in peace, Hawlucha). If you're curious about the list of Pokémon whose name includes “ン”, there's a list here

Edited by DodgeDusk

So who do you all plan on trying/maining?

I'm really liking the looks of Charizard, Blaziken and Lucario.

Weavile, since it's my third favorite Pokemon. Might try out Gardevoir too.

Speaking of Gardevoir, I like how it got in and Gallade didn't.