Agree or Disagree. Reddits Smash 4 Tier List

Jedi

37 members have voted

1. 1. Agree? Disagree? Other?

It's not that nobody pays attention to him. It's that the general consensus is that the character IS terrible. It's amazing that not even adding his customs saved him from Bottom Tier.

Swordsman is pretty bad, yes. I have a few Swordsman miis and they have issues KOing, and some of the customs are just plain bleh.

Custom Palutena being up there is not surprising to me. Her default set up sucks compared to what you can do with her. Angelic Missle and Explosive Light are pretty freakin' great.

Dedede's customs arent fantabulous. So its not shocking hes a bit low.

I thought Custom Ganny was actually half-decent? Awww.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Custom Palutena being up there is not surprising to me. Her default set up sucks compared to what you can do with her. Angelic Missle and Explosive Light are pretty freakin' great.

I'm pretty sure Angelic Missile is considered her worst side special and she doesn't have an attack called "Explosive Light," lol. She has Explosive Flame and Heavenly Light. Explosive Flame is good, but I don't think anyone uses Heavenly Light.

However, Heavenly Light is the best attack in the entire game...for Trophy Rush.

Custom Palutena allows for Lightweight + Super Speed which gets her running around the stage faster than Sonic and confirming down throw into up air kills.

no, they're the same. marth just has stuff like tipper f smash which makes him way better than lucina already. i'm surprised they both moved down, since crescent slash is really good. f throw into it is guaranteed, as well as grab release iirc. it's also really strong.

I feel like fthrow->SH->crescent slash is at the very least DI dependent in many cases, but afaik grab-release->crescent slash is guaranteed

you can pretty easily kill at like 90 at the edge

even without the grab-release/throw combo it's still rly good from my admittedly limited experience

although it makes recovering kinda awkward and it's harder to go deep offstage

How is Sheik above Diddy?

players like m2k and ZeRo have been saying sheik is the best for a while now, and the opinion trend I've been seeing is that sheik generally has a higher skill ceiling and better options than diddy

diddy is just easier to play and succeed with at a high level

even if that's not true reddit is basically an echo chamber anyways

so, that's why

Wow Luigi. Why are you up so high?

I only got 10% on them before this. This was AFTER 4 matches to get used to their style. And I consider myself at least a semi-decent Robin main, as much of a teching jerk I am.

Wait, wait, WAIT. I've mained Luigi since Melee and I'm just NOW finding out that his d-air can spike? I've never managed to get it to do that in all my years of maining this guy. o.O

Edited by Anacybele

Aww yeah people are discovering Counter Sapling.

It's honestly the best custom in the game imo.

screw this custom ugh the headaches ugh

timber counter is honestly the most unfun move in the game imo

not denying it's really good but like
;/

I feel like fthrow->SH->crescent slash is at the very least DI dependent in many cases, but afaik grab-release->crescent slash is guaranteed
you can pretty easily kill at like 90 at the edge
even without the grab-release/throw combo it's still rly good from my admittedly limited experience
although it makes recovering kinda awkward and it's harder to go deep offstage

expanding on this: one of the reasons that marth is kinda bad in this game is that the endlag on many of his moves makes them both unsafe and hard to follow up on
crescent is a followup to many things, that can kill relatively early

probably not enough to make him good but

it's a pretty sweet move

YES, TECHING IS AMAZING. if anybody cares, if you wall jump tech captain falcon's up b in falcon dittos, you can get a sweet spot knee.

Wait, wait, WAIT. I've mained Luigi since Melee and I'm just NOW finding out that his d-air can spike? I've never managed to get it to do that in all my years of maining this guy. o.O

in melee at least, the meteor hit box was closer to his main body, and the hit box that blasts opponents away is on his feet, if that helps at all. edit: it was changed so the meteor hitbox is now at luigi's feet in smash 4, to avoid confusion.

with marth i'm just surprised that he got worse given that he's normally placed around mid-high c tier, given that crescent slash is an amazing move.

Edited by ID Thanatos

I'm pretty sure Angelic Missile is considered her worst side special and she doesn't have an attack called "Explosive Light," lol. She has Explosive Flame and Heavenly Light. Explosive Flame is good, but I don't think anyone uses Heavenly Light.

However, Heavenly Light is the best attack in the entire game...for Trophy Rush.

Custom Palutena allows for Lightweight + Super Speed which gets her running around the stage faster than Sonic and confirming down throw into up air kills.

It sounded like Explosive Light in the voice clip. I changed her customs around once (back in October), and wasnt until last night did i realize she says Explosive Flame. So not sure why the condescension here. *COUGH* Considering that Super Speed (and overly quick characters in general) make me worse with characters, That set up is not exactly ideal for myself. Why is Angelic Missile bad at all?

Oh sure. Really? I guess its like Thanatos up there said, the hitbox has changed. But yeah, that shit used to destroy things in Melee. I had a friend who mained Weegee back in the Melee days...the spikes still hurt...

timber counter is honestly the most unfun move in the game imo

not denying it's really good but like

;/

I agree with this so goddamn much.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

Why is Angelic Missile bad at all?

A lot of it is the opportunity cost from missing Super Speed, which is one of the best customs in the game due to the sheer amount of options it gives Palutena.

It sounds like you're mixing it up with Lightweight. Super Speed doesn't actually make her fast; it's basically just an enhanced dash attack. Lightweight is the one that makes her faster than Sonic.

YES, TECHING IS AMAZING. if anybody cares, if you wall jump tech captain falcon's up b in falcon dittos, you can get a sweet spot knee.

A lot easier in melee. It depends on how far you are from the wall.

I've tried with Falcon Up Knee tech... but my best achievements have been with Robin like at the end of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMtacni-ECU

you just have to press l/r/z 20 or less frames before hitting the collision area and you tech. it's the same for all smash games. i have to wonder if ganon can wizard kick falcon after he up b's... it'd be the smash 4 version of bizzarro flame. it's probably just faster due to the faster speed of melee, i suppose.

Edited by ID Thanatos