Does anyone else enjoy the Dawn Brigade chapters the most?

To be honest I like the DB chapters the most, because they're the only real challenge in this game.

The enemies are tough unlike in Elincia's and Ike's party.

In part 1 the enemies are at least same level (probably even higher level) as the DB members.

In part 3 the enemies are higher level and the laguz have a massive attack power so these chapters claim good tactical play from you. You have to play very carefully. If you to play too aggressive, the laguz will tear you apart.

I really like this challenge, the best kind of difficulty for me.

Sorry, but they were my least favorite parts of the game (despite the game overall being my favorite). I didn't like how insanely hard they were due to your party being underleveled and Micaiah being made of swiss cheese. It was frustrating having to restart over and over. I'm surprised I ever managed to complete them at all. I also felt that the DB as a whole were bland and boring characters. They had potential, but it was never explored. Real support conversations could've helped that, or a longer game with room for more base conversations and chapters, but alas.

Sorry, but they were my least favorite parts of the game (despite the game overall being my favorite). I didn't like how insanely hard they were due to your party being underleveled and Micaiah being made of swiss cheese. It was frustrating having to restart over and over. I'm surprised I ever managed to complete them at all. I also felt that the DB as a whole were bland and boring characters. They had potential, but it was never explored. Real support conversations could've helped that, or a longer game with room for more base conversations and chapters, but alas.

Yeah, the problem of the DB is that the enemies are pretty powerful. However that's actually the only group in this game, the enemies are equal.

At least in easy / normal you can deal with them without huge problems. Nolan, Jill or second tier units like Sothe and Zihark can take a few hits.

Micaiah is fragile and sort of slow, because she's a mage. So don't expect to use her for the front line. Thani is one of the best rapiers in the FE series.

Same goes for Lilina in FE6 hard mode. Either she will be one shotted, or she will be doubled.

In part 2 you fight with second tier units against mainly first tier and low second tier units. Only 2-1 in normal / hard is sort of difficult, if Nephenee doesn't have any transfer boosts.

In part 3 you fight with second tier units from level 1 (Rolf and Mist) up to level 16 (Titania) units agianst low second tier units. If you only use Ike and / or Titania, she chapters will be cakewalk.

Edited by The Taninator

I play easy mode...

And Micaiah can't just stay behind the lines, she has to level up or she'll be way too weak and squishy later on. If she wasn't forced, I wouldn't care if she died since she's one of my least favorite characters. But she is and is forced at Endgame too. She's the reason I hope we never see another mage lord, at least not one as squishy as her.

I don't only use Ike and Titania for the Greil Mercenaries chapters. And while they're indeed not as hard as the DB chapters, I didn't find them to be so easy that they're boring. I love Ike and the GMs overall though, regardless of how easy or hard their chapters are, so I guess I'm a bit biased here too though.

Also, some chapters you do need to use more than just Ike or someone else because of the challenge. Like the Kauku Caves, where I've lost Ike because he got roflstomped by a Sage. >_< And the falling flaming rocks cause damage to units each turn if they stand on certain tiles. And those tiles change every turn, I believe.

I play easy mode...

And Micaiah can't just stay behind the lines, she has to level up or she'll be way too weak and squishy later on. If she wasn't forced, I wouldn't care if she died since she's one of my least favorite characters. But she is and is forced at Endgame too. She's the reason I hope we never see another mage lord, at least not one as squishy as her.

I don't only use Ike and Titania for the Greil Mercenaries chapters. And while they're indeed not as hard as the DB chapters, I didn't find them to be so easy that they're boring. I love Ike and the GMs overall though, regardless of how easy or hard their chapters are, so I guess I'm a bit biased here too though.

Also, some chapters you do need to use more than just Ike or someone else because of the challenge. Like the Kauku Caves, where I've lost Ike because he got roflstomped by a Sage. >_< And the falling flaming rocks cause damage to units each turn if they stand on certain tiles. And those tiles change every turn, I believe.

Micaiah is easy to use on easy. For III-6, just give her Beastfoe or Paragon and reap in the levels.

III-12 is lol. She shouldn't struggle there.

III-13 is annoying b/c she's forced to not leave the top area.

Those tiles don't change. You can even see them.

Plus, Micaiah can do this on easy:

f5PqNhV.jpg

I play easy mode...

Micaiah is easy to use on easy. For III-6, just give her Beastfoe or Paragon and reap in the levels.

On easy mode paragon pretty much gives you a full level up for each kill, because on easy mode the battle experience is doubled. So it would be an excellent way to train Micaiah.

Edited by The Taninator

I hated the DB chapters the first time I played through, but now days I've gotten the hang of how to approach the challenge, so I don't hate it anymore. But still, Micaiah and Sothe are so poorly written while potentially cool characters like Nolan have no personality, that I can't call it my favorite part.

Part 2 is probably my favorite part. If for nothing else, the intense endgame.

Edited by Radiant head

I love the Wolf Laguz so any part where I have them is one I like and Micaiah is fairly easy to train especially after you get Laura you can use sacrifice and then heal staff and level them both up until Micaiah is leveled up enough to use as a fighter.

III-12 is lol. She shouldn't struggle there.

III-13 is annoying b/c she's forced to not leave the top area.

Those tiles don't change. You can even see them.

Plus, Micaiah can do this on easy:

f5PqNhV.jpg

Jesus.

I like the DB chapters, the rebellion story is interesting to me as is MIcaiah's character in general. Sometimes the script was awkward, but hey.

Micaiah also enjoys taking Tauroneos Resolve.

Overall Part 1 has a small bit of a Thracia feeling (lightly), you are hopelessly outnumbered 70% of the time, but then you finally find a means to fight back.

Gameplay wise I enjoy P3 most though.

Edited by Jedi

I also liked the dawn brigade chapters a lot! I feel like they're the only part of the game where you're actually forced to play Fire Emblem, as others have mentioned there are just too many amazingly good units throughout the rest of the game.

I love the Dawn Brigade chapters. I love how they're match or even outclassed most of the game so you actually have to play tactically. And 3-13 is my favorite chapter just because of the odds stacked against you.

Who would have known.

Not Anacybele, it seems.

Jesus.

I like the DB chapters, the rebellion story is interesting to me as is MIcaiah's character in general. Sometimes the script was awkward, but hey.

I think she got one Seraph Robe and one Speedwing.

In my normal runs it's actually pretty easy for me to max out all her stats. I only gave her the angelic robe from 1-4.

However on hard mode I don't have enough bexp. for her so she stucks at level 3-4.

I tend to invest the bexp. in Sanaki to bring her to 31 speed, which means she can double the auras thanks to the speed boost of rexflame.

Edited by The Taninator

Getting Sanaki's strength to 12 is a pain though. But because she's a free deploy and has decent growths, I prefer her to other non-Micaiah sages.

Not necessary!

Bloodtide gives her +5 strength that means she only needs 8 strength to use rexflame without AS penalty.

And her strength growth is pretty good 40%.

Theoretically she only needs 3 strength, if use Ena and Gareth.

Edited by The Taninator