Your favorite bands and why

EricaofRenais

So I have been listening to a lot of music and wondering about what other people like and why. My top favorite bands would have to be these,

1) H.IM. I love their song The Path because it seems like they are singing about how I feel about my life

2) Simple Plan I used to really love this band when I was going through hell in my life and their song Welcome to my Life used to be my theme song

3) Black Veil Brides them may not sound the best but I love their lyrics and their new song Good by Agony really makes me think about my life

4) Sick Puppies I love this band has grown up and how they change their songs the older they get

5) Dropkick Murphys I started listening to this band when my mom's coworker who is named Murphy caused my mom nothing but trouble and made it so that my mom had to work weekends and found out that they are awesome and that bagpipes and electric guitar sound great and that I like the old ballads

So what are your favorites and why? And please don't insult someone's choices in music if you don't like a band that is your choice and that's fine but I want this topic to be about what people like and not start a fight about which band is better.

1.Crush 40, their rock is very motivational to me. The lyrics also have tons of energy and it helps when I'm down

2. Rise Against, Same as above

3. The Beatles mostly due to my parents but I do really love their music

4. Queen, always loved queen.

I love lots of other bands like Bon Jovi, Metallica and various others. These 4 just stick out

>Black Veiled Brides

lol

Beatles and Stones mostly. Chuck Berry is cool, also have a few songs by Eddie Cochran, but that is all. I like the Stones better than the Beatles, but I have more Beatles songs on my phone than Stones.

Rammstein *german Rock/Metal

We Butter The Bread With Butter *german heavy Metal

Neros Day at Disneyland/Lauren Bousfield *english Breakcore

Beatles *already mentioned

System of a Down *english Rock

Nirvana *english Rock

Edited by Flareragnarok

very tough to choose, but my favorite artists are ones that affect me the most emotionally. depending on the genres i choose to include, the amount of favorites are gonna increase quite a bit...

--michael hedges: no one's music moves me nearly as much as his. i'm not even sure why! all i know is i'm pretty sad that i was born the year he passed, meaning i will never be able to meet him and attend a show. :(

--andy mckee: the first finger-style guitarist i came across. i fell in love.

--black sabbath: grew up with this. some songs have emotionally impact, others are just great to listen to.

--seasick steve: probably my favorite blues man.

--isaiah rashad: his rhymes are fucking fantastic. this is a loose favorite, however, as it's very difficult for me to pinpoint a favorite in rap.

Kraftwerk: They are the creater the electro pop and revolutionized the pop music.

Duran Duran: Amazing new wave band. Great music and had amazing music videos for the 80s.

Electric Light Orchestra (E.L.O.): Rock band with amazing string parts, which reminds strongly on classical music. So relaxing to listen to. Mr. Blue Sky is my favourite music song ever. Such a happy tune.

Muse: Their music is very multifarious. Progessive rock and alternative, but they also include electronic and elements of classical music in their songs. A great mix of party rock tunes like Knights of Cydonia and Uprising and very melodic tunes like Resistance. Could watch them live in a concert. Simply amazing!

Edited by The Taninator

Kraftwerk: They are the creater the electro pop and revolutionized the pop music.

Its so nice to see young people with distinguished tastes.

Einsturzende Neubauten is among the tops for me. I have mad respect for people who innovate by helping to create a genre of music, while using boxes of scrap metal, pvc pipes, a spanner, and a variety of other odds and ends to do so. Yes. These guys along with Throbbing Gristle helped create Industrial music as we know it.

Skinny Puppy perfected Industrial Music. <3

Wardruna creates music thats a blend of the very ancient with the modern. Using old timey instruments and hardanger fiddles with old world vocal techniques to produce music that sounds like what the Nordic people of old would have created. Its all of the yes.

Shpongle is just wonderful. Doing things with psychedelic trance thats just truly art.

I

Love

R.E.M( an american alternative rock band)

I love their early country inspired works even if Michael Stipe was a bit hard to understand sometimes

imo, they really came into their own when the made Green

and finally found their big break in Automatic For The People, my favorite album of theirs and up there as my top five albums of my personal favorites bands

Their sounds being something i do not find usually on other bands at the time, so points to originality

O'Brother: Because I love their three guitar assault on my ears and have amazing cover artwork. Plus the way they mix heavy and soft is pretty great.
Godspeed You! Black Emperor(!): Because I love listening to songs longer certain albums, hearing the same part repeated for infinity times. and that all there stuff is (mostly) very dark-sounding.
Porcupine Tree/Steven Wilson/Bass Communion/etcetcetc: Because Steven Wilson can do no wrong.
Between the Buried and Me: Because I love albums about space stuff and listening to songs so complex that you need to ascend to a higher state of being to understand them.
Cult of Luna: Because I like listening to a guy yell at me over (or more of in-between) super heavy metal stuff I guess.

OK, my music taste is eclectic and I listen to a lot of stuff. I'll put my top bunch since I can't narrow it down past there. No specific order.

Metric - Fell in love with them back in 2007, before Fantasies even came out. Then I saw them live in 2009 and they were absolutely incredible. It's synthetic pop mixed with indie rock and deep lyrics.

Alt-J - First two albums are brilliant. Especially An Awesome Wave. Who cares if they're getting mainstream success nowadays, they deserve it with their quality.

Radiohead - Probably the single best rock band of the past 20 years. Kid A is in my list of top 5 albums of all time (along with Led Zeppelin II and other classics).

Marvin Gaye - Grew up listening to Motown Records (thanks to my mother) and I absolutely love Marvin Gaye. Beautiful voice, shame it was taken from us too soon. Sexual Healing may be the greatest song ever written.

Die Antwoord - And here we go. This is a rap/rave group from South Africa that is just... amazing. Listen to this. Keep an open mind, takes a while to get into.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uee_mcxvrw

Tycho - I'm not really into EDM (I refuse to go to nightclubs especially since I live in the nightclub capital of the world) but this is different. It's very chill electronic music and very easy to listen to, especially when you're like me (work 10 hours a day in a kitchen and smoke a lot of cigarettes/weed/hash). Boards of Canada is another example of this electronic music but not as good in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mehLx_Fjv_c

Edited by Man Bun

Beatles, first band I was really just into, love everything they've done, even some of their solo stuff.

David Bowie, his music had a certain vibe I just really liked, listened to a lot of his albums over and over. His newer stuff isn't as good, but even then not particularly bad.

Nirvana, loved the In Utero album and how raw it felt, got into the rest of their stuff and I love most of it

The White Stripes, loved the vibe from the first album, super hard rock, then I listened to White Blood Cells and Elephant and all the rest of them and liked those too. Jack White's got a talent for making me enjoy the simple.I love his album Lazaretto also, and the first Raconteurs album.

Ninja Sex Party/Starbomb, I'm not usually much into comedy music but these have the great music to back the jokes up. Super catchy.

Shoutout to Queen, the Stones, and Marina and the Diamonds.

Favorite bands are:

1. Rush- My dad introduced me to them and we've been to a couple of their concerts, which were some of the most awesome things I've ever seen. Yay Canada.

2. Dream Theater- The definitive prog metal band. Love their instrumentation and the complexity of some of their songs and albums.

3. Coheed and Cambria- I don't understand half their lyrics, but damn I love the music.

4. Kamelot- My favorite power metal band. Plus Epica and The Black Halo area retelling of Faust which is just awesome.

5. Rise Against- The only punk rock band I've really been able to get into, mostly because they actually manage to strike a balance between aggression, social commentary, and actually good sound that most bands screw up.

Thumbs up to those above who mentioned Porcupine Tree, Pink Floyd and others. Clearly Serenes Forest has awesome taste in music.

Thousand Foot Krutch: They have some awesome rock/alternative songs that i particularly enjoy. My favourites are probably Phenomenon, Scream and Bring Me To Life

Rise Against: Have some great beats, and quite meaningful songs. My favourite include Swing Life Away, Satellite and Historia Cultimatum

The Rolling Stones: Great rock songs. Simply amazing music, Can be chilled, but also fast paced at times. Favourites include Gimme Shelter and Doom and Gloom

Side Note: Muse is pretty good too i guess

Kraftwerk:Muse: Their music is very multifarious. Progessive rock and alternative, but they also include electronic and elements of classical music in their songs. A great mix of party rock tunes like Knights of Cydonia and Uprising and very melodic tunes like Resistance. Could watch them live in a concert. Simply amazing!

I just wanted to know, do you like much of their newer music/albums? I love the older Muse (like from Resistance and before that), but personally, i just dont like their changes in music recently. Its just not the same as their older songs (Map of the Problematique and Hoodoo being good examples of such)

Side Note: Muse is pretty good too i guess

I just wanted to know, do you like much of their newer music/albums? I love the older Muse (like from Resistance and before that), but personally, i just dont like their changes in music recently. Its just not the same as their older songs (Map of the Problematique and Hoodoo being good examples of such)

Actually I like their album Black Holes & Revelations the most.

Supermassive Black Hole, Knights of Cydonia and Map of the Problematique belong to my absolute favourite songs of them.

I also enjoy the older ones like Hysteria (used this song for my previous username) or New Born a lot.

The 2nd law was a good album too, but not as awesome as BH & R and The Resistance.

I think Knights of Cydonia is the song from the 21 century I've listened to the most yet.

My favourite Muse song and also one of my favourite songs ever (at least in my top ten).

BTW I'm not big fan of the current music scene. I mainly prefer 70s, 80s and rock from the 90s.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach