Please tell me this is just my eyes that are not good.

Yeah but c'mon... Atlus never goes this overboard with fanservice. The fanservicey clothes you could give to your female party members were all optional in Persona 3 and generally you could opt for something better. Unless the next trailer spikes my interest again, I'm going to wait this one out a bit before Atlus reveals more of the story.

I blame bad representation. Does anyone even know how the SMT fanbase is reacting, because I haven't checked myself but maybe they can elucidate us a bit more on these designs. I've played a lot of Atlus games and most don't really focus on these things so it really begs the questions. How did this happen?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can say tha tthe SMT fanbase is really upset at this, the persona side is eating it up

'but aren't SMT and persona the same thing?"

not to the SMT fans.

I laugh whenever someone asks this, because of just how different traditional SMT and Persona are.

zipper panties are pretty lood, granted this doesn't change the fact that i wouldn't buy this game due to i have no love for SMT.

inb4 someone trys to convince me otherwise like they are doing with ana.

i did call this game would blow from day one, and i am curious to see if i end up being right.

Wait, why would you want to see a game fail? Do you enjoy the suffering of others?

Edit: Wouldn't zipper panties hurt? It would get caught in the pubic hair. I guess Atlus took lessons from Square Enix on zippers and belts.

Edited by Advance Gamer

Wait, why would you want to see a game fail? Do you enjoy the suffering of others?

Edit: Wouldn't zipper panties hurt? It would get caught in the pubic hair. I guess Atlus took lessons from Square Enix on zippers and belts.

i don't want any game to fail really, unless it was DmC.

i just have a feelin the game ain't going to do well, then again if the persona side eats it up enough it might.

i don't want any game to fail really, unless it was DmC.

i just have a feelin the game ain't going to do well, then again if the persona side eats it up enough it might.

> Wanted DmC to fail. You're ok in my book.

Considering how successful Persona is, it might turn out fine. Also The four main characters change into costumes referencing FE and SMT designs and characters.

Yeah but c'mon... Atlus never goes this overboard with fanservice. The fanservicey clothes you could give to your female party members were all optional in Persona 3 and generally you could opt for something better. Unless the next trailer spikes my interest again, I'm going to wait this one out a bit before Atlus reveals more of the story.

Who knows? Perhaps you can opt out for something better.

Representation is poor, yes, but I don't want to assume too quickly. I'm just hoping we can change outfits.

Edited by Maxwell

First off, OP, thanks for showing me just how wonky the URL formatting is regarding spoiler tags. Mind if I change it before a forum update ruins your post to hell and back?

But... yes. Zipper panties are amazingly pointless lmao

They frighten me. Ever get a finger stuck in a zipper before? Yeah.

Disliking a publisher just because of one image makes me laugh.

The Persona and Etrian Odyssey series are pretty damn good.

Ahem. . .yes, Atlus games are awful, and you don't want to play them. SAVE YOURSELF WHILE YOU CAN!

SHHHH! Don't tell them about the fact that Atlus has a bunch of awesome games, which mesh several genres together!

Maybe it's just drawn on or something. If it turns out to be something along the lines of a chastity belt, that would be funny. But I agree her outfit is somewhat overboard.

Honestly, her get-up reminds me of Camilla's in FEif, yet there's far more outrage here. Kiria, at least, is on stage, as opposed to on wyvernback, so I'm slightly more forgiving about the lack of practicality in her outfit. WTF.

zipper panties are pretty lood, granted this doesn't change the fact that i wouldn't buy this game due to i have no love for SMT.

Suit yourself, in regards to SMT. I wouldn't recommend that series to everyone, for a variety of reasons. But for the select few that I think will enjoy the game. . .tee-hee~!

If you don't like the game concept, don't buy the game. ez.

If everyone held this. . .heaven forbid, SENSIBLE notion, my workload as a mod would be reduced to the point where I'd have to remind people not to double-post. And that is a good thing.

IIT: people obessing over what one person doesn't like and trys to convert them.

Says the guy who hates on Awakening, even on the FEif board.

To be honest other than the weird zipper panties I can not see this being a M rated game. When I think M rated I think things like GTA, Resident Evil, Bayonetta.

Between Kiria, Tsubasa, and the bloated purple head on top of the knight-looking enemy, I'm pretty sure this'll be rated M.

This game looks hilarious, but I want to see more of the battle system. It looks like it has potential (to give me nightmares).

Edited by eclipse

They frighten me. Ever get a finger stuck in a zipper before? Yeah.

AGH, I hadn't even THOUGHT about the potential for stuff catching in zipper panties. God the mental squeamishness I'm getting right now is like that fucking "papercut on your tongue" stuff, my brain just creates that imaginary pain out of nowhere.

Edited by Irysa

*watches trailer*

*realizes it has nothing to do with fire emblem*

*runs down the street screaming to the heavens "screw you atlus"*

it is very likely you can see where my intrest is in this game

They'll like have a phallic shape enemy in the game, because that's the only time Atlus rates their games as M.

Satan with his six breasts and with nipples on them was in Devil Survivor 2 and that was rated T. Ometeotl also has a phallic nose on one half and a vagina nose on the other half, but they got away with that in DeSu2 as well.

When I saw "shocking image", I was thinking of something much worse.

I am completly apathetic about this. I'm looking foward to this game, regardless of that image or not. It's a game that takes my two favorite video game series and puts them together.

We all need to follow the MSTK3 Mantra.

I'm suprised nobody said this...

"Rated M for Mara" *shot*

On-topic, let's hope that we won't see that outfit of "Lyn's" too much. Or that the getup was an April Fools joke.

I'm suprised nobody said this...

"Rated M for Mara" *shot*

On-topic, let's hope that we won't see that outfit of "Lyn's" too much. Or that the getup was an April Fools joke.

Maybe the characters have different classes like that of Final Fantasy X-2 via clothes etc.

The best hope at this stage is that the designs are intended to be satirical. There's some theories floating around that the game is meant to provide a sort of commentary on idol culture (hence the insane outfits and battles occurring on a stage with an audience), which I wouldn't put past Atlus.

Anyone know who did the character designs? If their stuff isn't normally like this, that'd lend some credence toward it being deliberately horrid.

The best hope at this stage is that the designs are intended to be satirical. There's some theories floating around that the game is meant to provide a sort of commentary on idol culture (hence the insane outfits and battles occurring on a stage with an audience), which I wouldn't put past Atlus.

Anyone know who did the character designs? If their stuff isn't normally like this, that'd lend some credence toward it being deliberately horrid.

Looks like we've arrived at the bargaining phase.

Maybe the characters have different classes like that of Final Fantasy X-2 via clothes etc.

That would be FREAKING AWESOME. It's gonna be like Persona, but errybody has the Wild Card!

Yeah. I think that Atlus just presented it in a terrible way and went a horrible route with character designs.

Just...remind me never ever to try an Atlus game.

I don't think the grittier older games (Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga, etc.) would offense your senses in the way the modern ones might.

In other words, just a caution of overgeneralization; while modern Atlus games may be increasingly like this, they weren't always.

EDIT: Moreover, its mainly the Persona spin-offs side of it that is getting like this [increasingly flashy designs] to an extent (and I actually like P3 and P4). SMT IV is much more restrained than the Persona series, for example.

And Etrian has its own distinct art style and has has one for much of its history. And its a very different tone and style of gameplay (and they're T).

Edited by astrophys

Everything is canon in SMT. Even the bad endings, because alternate timelines and universes are indeed a thing and there's no set universe. So a sequel game in the series is not necessarily set in the same world or universe. With exceptions like Persona, and even that has canon alternate timelines.

Good thing this abomination isn't canon.

..Just throwing that out there and not listening to any outcry.

What are you even trying to accomplish by this, exactly?

Seriously, if you hate this game so much, why don't you just leave the board instead of continuing to piss and moan?