Please tell me this is just my eyes that are not good.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW following your statement you actually should ignore the FE franchise as well since there are certain characters with questionable outfits like Camilla or Tharja.

Awakening and this new FE are the only games to really do that so far though. Games that came before them are not so bad design-wise. I don't like how Lyn lacks pants with how high her tunic thing is split, but that's a small thing I can easily ignore. Awakening is far more fanservicy and this new game might be too. Although I hope not.

Call me weird,but this doesn't bother me that much.I've played some games with more..revealing,I guess,type of clothes.Like Gloria or the Bael's/Dagon's feeler-things in Devil May Cry 4.

Or it may be because I have a sick imagination.One of the two.

Just...remind me never ever to try an Atlus game.

Fine, more Etrian Odyssey for me. Your loss. :P:

I don't know anything about the Persona series and I only had a bit of a go at one of the SMT games when my friend lent it to me, but this trailer does not look anything like the SMT game that I played. I think we need more information on the gameplay, before we start making judgment about how bad this game will be, even if the art style is a bit of a miss for me.

What's the matter don't like the Lyngerie?

The only reason I thought it was SMTxFe was because I was immediatey focusing on if any FE characters showed up and at the beginning I thought the blue-hair guy was a Sigurd redesign, I also thought the eerie dude with glowing eyes was maybe a combination of Zihark and Volke and when I saw Tiki I was certain it was SMTxFE.

RIGHT?! Not a single person I've met so far realized what it was until they said it in the direct.

This has near to zero to do with Fire Emblem..

My reactions:

>Atlus logo: Oh shit it's SMT X FE!!!

>About 10 seconds in: hmm I don't recognize these characters from FE or SMT. Must be a Persona game or something.

>Most of the rest of the trailer: hmm. Looks flashy. Could be interesting I guess.

> #FE: WHAT THE FUCK

SMT has a penis monster. This game has girls in very skimpy clothing. And someone above says Atlus only makes M-rated games, which I'm usually not interested in at all. Yeah, I think I need to stay away from Atlus games.

Oh, but there's more than one penis monster!

EDIT-Tbh I can only think of two right now.

Edited by Severlan

I'm okay with not liking the game because they don't like one of the series

But avoiding an entire game company just because of this one game is horribly narrow-minded and genuinely gets on my nerves, especially when they start making incredibly wrong generalized statements about the company just for a single game

Oh well, at least that means I can enjoy this game without many people ruining it for me :3

Atlus is more than just SMT and Persona, though. One of their other popular game series is Etrian Odyssey, which is where my current avatar comes from. The highest rating for an EO games so far is T, with one rated E10+ (so much for "Atlus only makes M-rated games"), has significantly less fan service than what was shown in the SMTxFE trailer, and more equal fan service at that. I may only know a little about Persona and SMT, but the overall style of these two games compared to EO is not at all similar and it's silly to say you're going to avoid EVERY ATLUS GAME because of SMT/Persona/SMTxFE when stuff like EO exists.

If you don't like this game and you don't want to get it, that's fine. No one cares. But when you start bashing an entire game company over preconceived notions when you seem to know next to nothing about them or their games, then people are going to take issue.

Also, people who don't want to get this game anymore can just say "I don't like this game anymore and won't be getting it" and let everyone else who wants to get the game enjoy it without naysayers being all "BAAAAAAH IT SUCKS."

Personally, I didn't see enough of the gameplay to really know what it's about, not to mention that my hype for the game was dead because we didn't get any news on it for so long. But I'm reserving judgment until we know more about the game.

Edited by Sunwoo

I already did.

SMT has a penis monster. This game has girls in very skimpy clothing. And someone above says Atlus only makes M-rated games, which I'm usually not interested in at all. Yeah, I think I need to stay away from Atlus games.

Granted, I seem to have been incorrect in saying that Atlus only makes M-rated games, but so far, absolutely NOTHING I've seen from them has appealed to me. I don't want to see any genital monsters or women in only their underwear. I'm also not really interested in M-rated games. They tend to be too full of blood or sexual content which I'm not into.

EDIT: Where did I bash any game companies? I never said Atlus is shit or should die or something stupid like that.

Edited by Anacybele

Granted, I seem to have been incorrect in saying that Atlus only makes M-rated games, but so far, absolutely NOTHING I've seen from them has appealed to me. I don't want to see any genital monsters or women in only their underwear. I'm also not really interested in M-rated games. They tend to be too full of blood or sexual content which I'm not into.

EDIT: Where did I bash any game companies? I never said Atlus is shit or should die or something stupid like that.

There are more ways to bash something or someone than saying it is shit or should die.

How many Atlus games do you even know about? Based on what you're saying, it sounds like you're only familiar with SMT and Persona. EO has no "genitalia monsters", for one, and the only people who are "in their underwear" are classes like dancers who are scantily clad even in FE. Trauma Center, another Atlus game, is a "medical game" and it does not have inappropriate fan service either, according to Shin.

Now, if neither EO nor TC appeals to you, that's fine, but the way you're speaking makes it sound like all Atlus games have genital monsters or inappropriately dressed women. Which is wrong. It sounds like you have a problem with SMT and Persona. Say that you have a problem with those. Don't say you have a problem with Atlus as a whole because right now it sounds like you don't have a problem with the company as a whole.

I already did.

M-ratings are more than for blood, sex, and violence. Some of the M-rated games Atlus has weren't even M-rated in the first place, but were given it in NA because of things like religious themes or alcohol references. Even then not all of the Persona and SMT games have an M-rating.

And I never said you were bashing Atlus, but you've been showing a very negative attitude towards the company

Oh, and I can vouch for the Trauma Center Series, as well as Radiant Historia. Neither have super fanservicy characters and are both rated T, IIRC. I also have Riviera and Yggdra Union, though those were only published by Atlus.

I never said I had a problem with Atlus themselves, only their games... If they ever make something I'm interested in, I'll play it. It's just that right now, I don't want to play anything they've made.

A medical game wouldn't be my cup of tea. Not really into that.

I don't know anything about EO though. Maybe if I stumble upon an article on it or whatever. But if it's not on any Nintendo systems, then I definitely can't play it because I don't own any non-Nintendo systems besides a computer.

M-ratings are more than for blood, sex, and violence. Some of the M-rated games Atlus has weren't even M-rated in the first place, but were given it in NA because of things like religious themes or alcohol references. Even then not all of the Persona and SMT games have an M-rating.

And I never said you were bashing Atlus, but you've been showing a very negative attitude towards the company

Oh, and I can vouch for the Trauma Center Series, as well as Radiant Historia. Neither have super fanservicy characters and are both rated T, IIRC. I also have Riviera and Yggdra Union, though those were only published by Atlus.

Well, what I've seen so far from Atlus consists of genital monsters and girls in their underwear, two things that disgust me. How was I supposed to react?

See above for that medical game.

I doubt a game would be given an M-rating just for an alcohol reference. PoR is rated T, yet has them because of drunk Shinon late in the game.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't know anything about EO though. Maybe if I stumble upon an article on it or whatever. But if it's not on any Nintendo systems, then I definitely can't play it because I don't own any non-Nintendo systems besides a computer.

Well, what I've seen so far from Atlus consists of genital monsters and girls in their underwear, two things that disgust me. How was I supposed to react?

See above for that medical game.

I doubt a game would be given an M-rating just for an alcohol reference. PoR is rated T, yet has them because of drunk Shinon late in the game.

Etrian Oddesy is only on Nintendo consoles, specifically on the DS and 3DS

Not immediately assume that all of Atlus's games are like that, maybe?

That's fine. If it's not your thing it's not your thing

I know, it's why I didn't just say alcohol references. Having religious themes is almost guaranteed to give the game an M rating unless it's like a bible game or something like that.

IIT: people obessing over what one person doesn't like and trys to convert them.

As I've said before, it's not liking the game that bothers me, I couldn't care less if she doesn't. The problem is judging an entire company because of it.

To be honest other than the weird zipper panties I can not see this being a M rated game. When I think M rated I think things like GTA, Resident Evil, Bayonetta. And seriously the thing has smiling high school kids saturated by color and upbeat Japanese pop. Doesn't really sound like an M rated game to me.

For me I'm gonna go ahead and try it before I pass judgment because I've never really played a JRPG outside of FE and maybe Chrono Trigger and I've never tried any of the Persona or SMT. Granted its probably not a day one pre order but I'll get it down the line.

To be honest other than the weird zipper panties I can not see this being a M rated game. When I think M rated I think things like GTA, Resident Evil, Bayonetta. And seriously the thing has smiling high school kids saturated by color and upbeat Japanese pop. Doesn't really sound like an M rated game to me.

For me I'm gonna go ahead and try it before I pass judgment because I've never really played a JRPG outside of FE and maybe Chrono Trigger and I've never tried any of the Persona or SMT. Granted its probably not a day one pre order but I'll get it down the line.

Well hey, its on par with Nomura's Pete design in KH2! Captain Asszipper. as Hellfirecomms put it.

I can't wait to see the back of the game box... Rated M for weird zipper panties

Rated M for.. Massive Drug Induced Design Choices

It's not surprising. Atlus always implements fanservice.

Yeah, I'm disappointed in her outfit, but nonetheless, I'm giving it a chance because Atlus makes great games.