Well, I'll probably keep Kamui on his class line, since I love FE's awesome signature draconic shapeshifters. :3 I hope his promotion gives him boots, though.

+2 move on promotion? Sounds good to me!

Edited by Severlan

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+2 move on promotion? Sounds good to me!

"You got a Boots"

I would too, if anything reclassing into something to that effect would be nice.

I disliked the manaketes and taguels from Awakening.

I would ADORE if I could make him a tactician a-la Awakening.

I'd like to be able to make Kamui something that's not a manakete too. I hate manaketes.

Wow Manakete dislike much, in the one game they were legit really good too lol.

Edited by Jedi

Being honest, I'll be a bit miffed if we can't change Kamui's skin tone, not because I want racial representation or w/e, but because hair color and skin colour are intrinsically connected into overall aesthetic preferences. I have preference to black and white hair on customisable characters but only particularly like them combined with darker skin tones. With fairer skin tones, I trend towards deep red hair.

Edited by Irysa

Guys Kamui is not a manakete but if you reclass him kamui will sitll be a Manakete.

But still more poeple hate manaketes than i thought thats like hating Cid.

^^ try looking at the dragon from the first trailer, its a much better shot.

Edited by goodperson707

Wow Manakete dislike much, in the one game they were legit really good too lol.

I don't know, it's not that I HATE the manakete, they're quite cool, there's something about mounted units and transforming units I don't like as much as standalones.

I much prefer man-to-man combat, no animals included.

Granted, I still like the design of a lot of the mounted units and I've been taking more of a liking to them lately in my 5th awakening playthrough.

Edited by Sroy

I don't know, it's not that I HATE the manakete, they're quite cool, there's something about mounted units and transforming units I don't like as much as standalones.

I much prefer man-to-man combat, no animals included.

Fair enough, to each their own.

lol@all this Manakete hate. Lucky for you, it's likely a huge element of the story so get used to it. Manaketes are love and life. :Ninian::Nils::Myrrh::Fa::Yahn:

As far as customization is concerned, it's entirely possible that Nintendo will take a step back, just like they did between Pokemon (why does pokemon keep being a relevant comparison to FEif?) XY and ORAS. I have a hunch that skin tone won't be customizable because Kamui needs to look like he's from his Hoshido family.

Semi related question: would you like manakete more if they worked like they did in FE3?

They worked more like laguz in FE3, they would transform for a few turns then revert.

I would like them more if they weren't all cheesy little girls sans Awakening Tiki. Of the playable ones, anyway. Nowi is kind of cute, but still.

Edited by Anacybele

I would like them more if they weren't all cheesy little girls sans Awakening Tiki. Of the playable ones, anyway. Nowi is kind of cute, but still.

Someone is forgetting Bantu and Nagi.

I was ninja'd

Edited by Jedi

Not from what I've heard. Someone here awhile back said that all the playable manaketes were female. And even then, Bantu is just ONE male out of like half a dozen females. And most of the female manaketes are still little girls. Fae, Myrrh, Tiki, Nowi, Nah...

Not from what I've heard.

I get the rest of your post, but come on, we're on a site that is literally a FE database. Nagi is recruited in Shadow Dragon if Tiki is dead/not recruited and Marth lost Falchion.

Bantu is an earlygame Manakete you get in like... chapter 6. (EDIT 7)

Nagi comes back in FE12 near endgame.

http://serenesforest.net/shadow-dragon/characters/recruitment/

(...Not to mention, all your issues with manakete don't exist with Kamui, you can make him a dude that doesn't look like a loli, so you're at least not stuck with him being a little girl loli)

Edited by L95

Alright, alright, fine. But I still don't like that a vast majority of playable manaketes are little girls. And boring ones at that. Dragon laguz had cool forms and a variety of playable members. Kurthnaga was sort of a kid in appearance, Ena was an adult female, Nasir is a man, then we have Gareth who is a pretty bulky man.

Alright, alright, fine. But I still don't like that a vast majority of playable manaketes are little girls. And boring ones at that. Dragon laguz had cool forms and a variety of playable members. Kurthnaga was sort of a kid in appearance, Ena was an adult female, Nasir is a man, then we have Gareth who is a pretty bulky man.

That's an issue with characters of the species, not the species itself. Didn't you once specifically tell manakete lovers in a class thread why you thought dragon laguz were better gameplay-wise without provocation? Plus, you hate adult Tiki based solely on her appearance, even going as far as to bash her in a thread discussing a fact about her bio. And then you claimed in the other if thread that despite having a dragonstone, Kamui was not confirmed to be a manakete and used the dragonstone to turn into a deer, contradicting the stone's name and purpose. I feel like you don't WANT to like the manaketes.

Edit: Oh, geez, I think I helped derail the thread... I should have just kept the discussion to the avatar's customization options as was intended... -_-; I'm sorry...

Edited by DarkGold777

^^ true but they do have Manakete blood technically and it does slightly affect human physiology they are kinda related to manaketes like sorta like robin actually now that i think about it, now i want to test what happens to julia if somebody permanently kills naga.

Edited by goodperson707