2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

Glad that Golden Tate stepped up and called out the offensive play-calling, Stafford and Megatron are 100% company guys who you can't count on to speak up no matter how bad it gets.

Lombardi needs to go. This offense has looked like complete crap ever since he was hired. I know the line play is terrible but there is still too much talent for them to be as inept as they are. I am sick of Joique Bell rushing up the middle for 1-yd every damn play.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's terrible, and I guarantee you they would not have a job in the league if it weren't for his last name. Since he was hired the Lions have had ONE good game on offense (the 2014 season opener against the Giants).

I don't believe for a minute any of the nonsense about how "Megatron is done", the current playcalling just doesn't utilize his strengths at all. This whole Saints-inspired passing scheme (short passes with tons of YAC) isn't working. They don't have the right personnel for it.

Stafford is a gunslinger, not a game-manager. He's a guy who should easily be throwing for 40 TDs with the current talent around him, granted, he's also going to throw 25-30 picks in the process, but that's just the type of player he is. You need to let him be Favre instead of trying to force him to be a ghetto Drew Brees.

Edited by Team Alucard

I'm also remember on playoffs the entire snafu that went down in the fourth quarter. It wasn't just bending and breaking and allowing the Cowboys to march down the field, it was also the fact that they didn't go for it on fourth and one and ended up shanking the punt miserably. Of course, it was also after they picked up the flag on Pettigrew.

It was really unfortunate though, but I guess they'd be marching into Seattle the next week and god knows how that would've turned out. Woulda been nice to witness the Lions' second playoff win ever though.

That game was so depressing. =(

You know the Lions curse is real when they lose to playoff Tony Romo. Although watching the Cowboys lose in the next round due to the Calvin Johnson rule of all things took a little bit of the sting away.

Come to think of it, the curse basically affixed itself to each team afterwards. The Cowboys lost in excruciating fashion to the Packers, who lost in excruciating fashion to the Seahawks, who lost in excruciating fashion to the Patriots, who then had to spend all off-season dealing with the deflatgate fallout rather than celebrating their championship. =P

Edited by Team Alucard

He's terrible, and I guarantee you they would not have a job in the league if it weren't for his last name. Since he was hired the Lions have had ONE good game on offense (the 2014 season opener against the Giants).

I don't believe for a minute any of the nonsense about how "Megatron is done", the current playcalling just doesn't utilize his strengths at all. This whole Saints-inspired passing scheme (short passes with tons of YAC) isn't working. They don't have the right personnel for it.

Stafford is a gunslinger, not a game-manager. He's a guy who should easily be throwing for 40 TDs with the current talent around him, granted, he's also going to throw 25-30 picks in the process, but that's just the type of player he is. You need to let him be Favre instead of trying to force him to be a ghetto Drew Brees.

It was just our way of sabotaging you ;)

Oh yeah, funny thing happened while I was watching Steelers vs Rams. It was near the end of the game and the Rams had the ball, and they would win if they could score. So I was like "force a turnover!" The very next play, Will Allen picks off Nick Foles. XD

Also, gotta make my game picks now or never since Steelers vs Ravens is tonight. I had nearly forgotten before. xP Also, I was nearly perfect last week! ;D Let's see how well I do for week 4.

Ravens vs Steelers: I wasn't at all sure who to pick here at first since poor Ben is out, but I have to agree with what Cynthia said before, the Steelers still have all kinds of weapons around Vick, who's still a solid QB with the right guys. And the Steelers are playing at home too.

Jets vs Dolphins: I very much prefer the Dolphins here, but the Jets just have a crazy defense and the Dolphins haven't been that good in general.

Texans vs Falcons: Falcons are at home and just overall better so far.

Giants vs Bills: Bills look better than the Giants right now and they're at home.

Raiders vs Bears: The Bears are just sucking right now and the Raiders are doing pretty decently.

Chiefs vs Bengals: This'll be close, methinks. Both teams are pretty decent. The Bengals are at home though, so I'm going to pick them.

Jaguars vs Colts: Man, poor Jaguars having tough away games... Colts look a little better and are at home.

Panthers vs Buccaneers: Cam Newton finally gets to play the Bucs after having gone a whole season without doing so! This is a must win for the Panthers to keep up with the Falcons, and the Bucs still aren't too great while SuperCam is pretty much carrying this team. He can keep doing it here.

Eagles vs Redskins: Hmm, tough call. Both teams look sorta mediocre, I think. I guess I'll take the 'Skins at home.

Browns vs Chargers: As long as Josh McCown is the Browns' starting QB instead of Johnny Manziel, I don't think the Browns are going anywhere.

Rams vs Cardinals: Finally, the Cardinals get to go up against a real defense (look what the Rams D did vs the Steelers). I think I'll still pick them here though, because the Rams are lacking on offense and the Cardinals are at home.

Vikings vs Broncos: Pey-Pey and his squad look like they've bounced back and are at home.

Packers vs 49ers: lol do I need to explain this?

Cowboys vs Saints: I hate the Cowboys, but I think they've been doing a little better with backup players filling in for the missing stars.

Lions vs Seahawks: Again, I don't think this needs an explanation. :P

Also, I'm gonna make like Tomlin and do a three things you need to know against the Ravens.

1. These birds are hungry for a win! Don't relax at all just because they're 0-3.

2. Don't let Steve Smith's age fool you. He's still the Ravens' best offensive weapon not named Joe Flacco.

3. Vick needs to do his job and let the guys around him do the rest. He also needs to not fumble the ball like he did vs the Rams. Bell might not be able to save it next time. And no interceptions either. Vick almost threw one of these too. He might not be so lucky next time here either.

How to beat the Bills defense: Be Tom Brady.

Seriously, even Andrew Luck couldn't throw on us (but currently, he can't throw on any decent defense). That Giant OL isn't the best they've ever put together and Bacarri Rambo's still starting for Aaron Williams. LBs are so solid (Preston Brown and Nigel Bradham may not make Pro Bowl but they just play well), Darby has been excellent considering that he wasn't supposed to start (thank God for Leodis McKelvin going down injured before the season) and the DL is pretty much always facing 6 on the line with the TE blocking.

How to beat the Bills offense: Blitz every play and get the Bills to pull bullshit penalties (like that PI on Sammy against the Pats)

I can't find a weakness to this Bills offense aside from constant pressure each day but then Greg Roman will switch to the checkdown system to Harvin/McCoy/Clay/Woods and they'll burn people in open space. Take away the air game? Ok, Karlos and Lesean say hi. Stuff the box? Sammy, Percy, Robert Woods, Charles Clay, Chris Hogan, Marquis Goodwin, Chris Gragg... so many weapons at the receiver and TE spot. Clay and Percy look excellent for being new in Buffalo, Sammy is directing double teams giving other receivers mismatches and Robert Woods is just solid.

Long story short, this Bills team is excellent and I'm excited that we started 2-1. 11-5 may be a real possibility this season along with a playoff slot.

Edited by Life

Re: The Bills Defense, both Tom Brady and the specific gameplan were the top reasons for the Pats' offensive success. Tom typically had the ball out of his hand in less than 2 seconds on a ton of plays. He obviously knows the offense incredibly well, and knows both where his receivers will be and where he's going with the ball. Even facing pressure, he can deliver an accurate pass to a receiver who hasn't made a break in his route yet.

That's typically the gameplan the offense has used against top defenses the past decade. Your offensive line doesn't have to block for as long for passing plays; the run game is essentially used as a change of pace and for short distance conversions. Dion Lewis fits the RB role for this offense insanely well, and he'll be featured plenty in games that are close.

Barring injury, it's hard to see the Bills missing the playoffs this year. Granted, we're less than 1/4 of the way into the season and things can change quickly.

Yeah, I do agree that the Bills could make the playoffs this year.

Oh, another thing I forgot to mention. Joe Flacco wishes Ben could play tonight too! He said he likes the competitiveness of it. That's sweet of him. :)

The Ravens haven't been very good on offense though, and our defense has stepped up lately. And their defense isn't as good as it used to be either. Jimmy Smith doesn't even look good anymore, he couldn't cover rookies (he got torched by Amari Cooper for a huge play) and kept getting burned by AJ Green. Lord Raven even pointed this out. If HE can't cover nobody, AB is going to have a field day. That is, if Vick can get the ball to him, and this is all I really worry about. Vick is solid, but he's no Ben. And like I pointed out, Steelers got offensive weapons everywhere, yo.

I agree it'll probably be close though, because despite that Vick needs to hold onto the ball better, I see him throwing a pick or fumbling anyway...

I really want my Steelers to win though, because I don't remember the last time we swept the Ravens. I want to see that again! And making them go 0-4 after Ben went down would feel SO good.

Edited by Anacybele

The Ravens haven't been very good on offense though, and our defense has stepped up lately.

Yeah the Broncos game was bad, but we scored 24 against Cincy's defense and put up 33 against Oakland. Sure our run game sucks but we are pretty decent on offense.

And their defense isn't as good as it used to be either. Jimmy Smith doesn't even look good anymore, he couldn't cover rookies (he got torched by Amari Cooper for a huge play) and kept getting burned by AJ Green. Lord Raven even pointed this out. If HE can't cover nobody, AB is going to have a field day. That is, if Vick can get the ball to him, and this is all I really worry about. Vick is solid, but he's no Ben. And like I pointed out, Steelers got offensive weapons everywhere, yo.

This is simplified.

Amari Cooper was one bad play. He was covering his guy extremely well afterwards regardless, and there was no safety help behind him despite everything. AJ Green also always seemed to get the better of Jimmy Smith and our defense in general so that's overall a fluke matchup; he didn't let Demaryius Thomas do shit and Jimmy Smith was also generally fine when he was covering anyone but AJ Green. Jimmy Smith is looking amazing out there, as is Will Hill, but a few plays (and one receiver) won't give you an indication of how good he is especially since Lardarius Webb is either a turd or really good on the other side.

Our defense has generally done a decent job keeping Brown in check, bracketing him well (aside from one game) and holding him to the minimum possible number of catches (with many coming in garbage time).

Yeah our defense has problems but I wouldn't put too much stock in a few instances as well as going up against one of the best receivers in the game (AJ Green) when our pass rush is mediocre. We also have a good nose tackle, a good run defense, and your backup center/qb aren't as good as Pouncey/Ben Roethlisberger.

Edited by Lord Raven

Cincy doesn't have much of a defense either, you know. They didn't lay a finger on Ben at ALL throughout two games last season and couldn't pressure him to save their lives.

And Cody Wallace and Michael Vick are still pretty solid. Ben was given plenty of time to throw the ball against that good Rams defense several times. Vick got some good passes to Bell. He just needs to learn this offense well enough for tonight. AB has gotten better too, he still got 7+ catches and 70+ yards vs the Rams who have a good defense. They had trouble slowing down Bell too, who got a few good runs. Since you don't have Suggs or Ngata anymore, your D might not be able to do as good vs Bell and Brown as they did last year.

But let's see what happens in a couple hours, yeah? :P

You're talking about "good defense" but not talking specifically about each unit.

First off they only scored 12 points against the Rams, and that's with Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell.

Second off, Cincy's defense was pretty intense for their first two games leading up to ours. Completely took out the Raiders, and then they gave the Chargers a ton of trouble despite the Chargers having a bunch of offensive weapons. The Bengals last year were pretty bad in terms of pass rush (unless they went against the Ravens because 1/3 of our sacks and 1/3 of their sacks were in our matches). They also have some pretty damn good defensive backs - who are your DBs again?

Our run defense was good too, but since you have Vick instead of Ben you don't know what's gonna happen. We still got Dumervil, Brandon Williams, CJ Mosley, Daryl Smith, and Courtney Upshaw which is where our entire run defense is.

Like I said, the Rams have a good defense, one of the best in the league, I'd say. I never expected even the Steelers' offense to put up a lot of points against them.

You're right, the Bengals dropped a hammer on the Raiders. But the Raiders aren't as good as the Steelers, obviously, plus Derek Carr got hurt in that game.

The Chargers have weapons? I don't remember Antonio Gates playing lately... Oh yeah, wasn't he suspended or something?

As for our defensive backs, they've actually been changing, I dunno why (maybe the coaches are experimenting). Cortez Allen was on the field, but lately he hasn't been (which is good, because he's awful these days for some reason). Shamarko Thomas was supposed to fill in for Polamalu, but I haven't seen him like at all. Maybe once or twice. Brandon Boykin is only in there SOMETIMES. Consistently, I've only seen William Gay, Will Allen, and Mike Mitchell. I never said our secondary was good, they're still kind of bad. But the rest of the defense is pretty decent. They've been playing better than your D has. They held the Rams to only 6 points and the Niners to only 18. And holding the Patriots to only 28 is pretty decent too given how good they are. In fact, no defense has held them to fewer points than the Steelers so far. Rookie Bud Dupree also got his first career sack on none other than Tommy boy.

it's easier to hold the Rams and the 49ers to that many points than the Raiders, Broncos, and Bengals

>_>

It's also much, much tougher to score against the Broncos and Bengals than any of those dudes you listed.

Edited by Lord Raven

Yeah, you're probably right about that. We'll see here how the Steelers and Ravens play against one another with what they've currently got real soon.

Game time in less than 25 mins! LET'S GO STEELERS, LET'S GO!!

Also, at halftime, da Bus Jerome Bettis gets his HoF ring. ^^

Second off, Cincy's defense was pretty intense for their first two games leading up to ours. Completely took out the Raiders, and then they gave the Chargers a ton of trouble despite the Chargers having a bunch of offensive weapons. The Bengals last year were pretty bad in terms of pass rush (unless they went against the Ravens because 1/3 of our sacks and 1/3 of their sacks were in our matches). They also have some pretty damn good defensive backs - who are your DBs again?

Nah if Keenan Allen didn't muff the punt or Jacoby wasn't fucking hurt we would've won because we were down by 5 points. The muffed punt resulted in a Bengals touchdown.

In addition, Dalton and the tuck rule. The tuck rule is no longer in effect, therefore his "incomplete pass" should've been called a fumble, in which we scored from the fumble but after review declared it as an incomplete pass.

Also we lost due to our offensive line BLOWING ITSELF the fuck up and Mike "more conservative than a christian" McCoy.

Their defense is ok, they slowed down Keenan Allen but that's because he was being double covered a bunch.

Edited by ~Summer~

What Da Bear said. That was fucking pathetic. Vick will really need to shine if the D keeps playing like that. That RB should've never had a TD, he should've been taken down way behind the line. Pitiful.

EDIT: Why are people posting at the exact same time as me so much lately... Oh well.

Edited by Anacybele