2017 NFL Playoffs - Super Bowl LI Confirmed! Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots!

Lord Raven

9 minutes ago, Radiant head said:

this is fucking pathetic

Agreed. Fuck you Falcons, fuck you Tom Brady, fuck you Patriots. I really hate them now, but I also hate the Falcons for letting everybody down.

14 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

This Super Bowl just made history. Holy fuck!

What are you so happy about? You said you wanted the Patriots to lose.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

What are you so happy about? You said you wanted the Patriots to lose.

First overtime Super Bowl in the history of the NFL. Too bad it was won by Brady and the Pats.

2 minutes ago, Darros said:

First overtime Super Bowl in the history of the NFL. Too bad it was won by Brady and the Pats.

So? Like you said, too bad fucking Brady got it. They didn't deserve it. Neither did the Falcons, I suppose, but Brady deserved it less.

I bet you he's a reason NFL ratings were going down! People are tired of him and his damn team. Remember when the SB MVPs were shown last year in SB 50? I heard a lot of booing when Brady walked onto the field!

Edited by Anacybele

giphy.gif

Great... now Brady is thee QB of this generation, fuck me. Nonetheless I'll give him credit for bein the clutch guy he is but honestly how the FUH did Atlanta not seal this game off?!! 

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So? Like you said, too bad fucking Brady got it. They didn't deserve it. Neither did the Falcons, I suppose, but Brady deserved it less.

I bet you he's a reason NFL ratings were going down! People are tired of him and his damn team. Remember when the SB MVPs were shown last year in SB 50? I heard a lot of booing when Brady walked onto the field!

in Brady's defense, nobody "deserves" to win unless they win. People say this about the Steelers all the time, by the way, because if the Steelers made it and won it then a lot of people would be saying things like this.

2 minutes ago, Slade said:

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

Great... now Brady is thee QB of this generation, fuck me. Nonetheless I'll give him credit for bein the clutch guy he is but honestly how the FUH did Atlanta not seal this game off?!! 

Matt Ryan has always had trouble in one half of a game every year. He'd have a lightning first half and a flaccid second half. Joe Flacco is still king of the 2008 NFL Draft, which is my only silver linings.

1 minute ago, Lord Raven said:

in Brady's defense, nobody "deserves" to win unless they win. People say this about the Steelers all the time, by the way, because if the Steelers made it and won it then a lot of people would be saying things like this.

Uh, what? You're basically saying people say the Steelers don't deserve to win any of their games, which doesn't make any sense... Even teams like the stupid Brady Bunch deserve to win sometimes...

Just now, Anacybele said:

Uh, what? You're basically saying people say the Steelers don't deserve to win any of their games, which doesn't make any sense... Even teams like the stupid Brady Bunch deserve to win sometimes...

You said that the Patriots don't deserve to win the Super Bowl because they win so many.

The Steelers won the most Super Bowls of all time. A lot of people say things like this towards the Steelers. The idea is "have a little bit of sympathy," the only people who deserve to win are those that win.

5 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

You said that the Patriots don't deserve to win the Super Bowl because they win so many.

The Steelers won the most Super Bowls of all time. A lot of people say things like this towards the Steelers. The idea is "have a little bit of sympathy," the only people who deserve to win are those that win.

The difference here is that four of those Steelers Super Bowls were in the SEVENTIES. The Patriots have won all five of theirs since what, 2003 or 2004? And they were in two more on top of that even though they lost. People are tired of them.

Edited by Anacybele

The difference here is that four of those Steelers Super Bowls were in the SEVENTIES. The Patriots have won all five of theirs since what, 2004? People are tired of them.

2001 to 2017 they've won 5.

People are still sick to death of Steelers making the Super Bowl. People are actually sick to death of a lot of teams making the Super bowl - since 2003, there's only been four QBs in the AFC to start in the Super Bowl, and those were Peyton Manning (4 starts), Tom Brady (6 starts), Ben Roethlisberger (3), Joe Flacco (1).

You're tired of them, sure. Guess what?! I'M NOT TIRED OF THEM!

btw Bill has the 4th most cap space in the league next year, so the repeat is on. Sorry in advance. Ana, stop being salty 

Edited by chococoke

3 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

2001 to 2017 they've won 5.

People are still sick to death of Steelers making the Super Bowl. People are actually sick to death of a lot of teams making the Super bowl - since 2003, there's only been four QBs in the AFC to start in the Super Bowl, and those were Peyton Manning (4 starts), Tom Brady (6 starts), Ben Roethlisberger (3), Joe Flacco (1).

People aren't sick of the Steelers though, they're sick of the Patriots. The Steelers have only been in three Super Bowls in the past thirty some years while the Patriots have been in fucking NINE. I really don't think people are as tired of the Steelers as they are the Patriots.

EDIT: says the sore winner, chococoke.

Edited by Anacybele

People aren't stick of the Steelers though, they're sick of the Patriots. The Steelers have only been in three Super Bowls in the past thirty some years while the Patriots have been in fucking NINE. I really don't think people are as tired of the Steelers as they are the Patriots.

They're sick of both teams.

Steelers have been in 4 Super Bowls in the past 30 years, 8 in the past 40. Also, Pittsburgh and New England fans are everywhere - if they're not sick of the team, they're sick of the fans rubbing it in.

Being a Steelers fan, you don't actually realize how people hate the Steelers just as much as the Patriots. the worst part is that when the Patriots lose Brady and Belichick and become irrelevant again, the fans will shut the fuck up (because nobody has ever thought about the 49ers in like 3 years, and in the 20 years before that, despite their 5 Super Bowls), whereas Steelers fans will always continue to haunt them.

Call me a sore winner. 25 point comeback. 5th SB win in 16 years. Unprecedented dominance in an era meant to promote parity. Oh, also, a complete horseshit suspension to the best player in the league. I'm gonna enjoy this

Just now, Lord Raven said:

They're sick of both teams.

Steelers have been in 4 Super Bowls in the past 30 years, 8 in the past 40. Also, Pittsburgh and New England fans are everywhere - if they're not sick of the team, they're sick of the fans rubbing it in.

Being a Steelers fan, you don't actually realize how people hate the Steelers just as much as the Patriots. the worst part is that when the Patriots lose Brady and Belichick and become irrelevant again, the fans will shut the fuck up (because nobody has ever thought about the 49ers in like 3 years, and in the 20 years before that, despite their 5 Super Bowls), whereas Steelers fans will always continue to haunt them.

If people hate the Steelers as much as the Patriots, why was Brady the only one getting booed in that MVP showcase last year? None of the Steelers MVPs got booed at all, Brady did.

I know full well some people hate us, that's especially natural for fans of the other AFC North teams. Also, you act like the Steelers are the only fanbase with some bad fans. Every fanbase has some bad fans.

If people hate the Steelers as much as the Patriots, why was Brady the only one getting booed in that MVP showcase last year? None of the Steelers MVPs got booed at all, Brady did.

fatigue

I know full well some people hate us, that's especially natural for fans of the other AFC North teams. Also, you act like the Steelers are the only fanbase with some bad fans. Every fanbase has some bad fans.

I'm not acting like that. I'm saying that there's a ton of Steelers fans, which results in fatigue with dealing with them. I live in Arizona and I see just as much Steelers flair as Cardinals and 49ers. In Maryland like 10-20% of the people I knew were Steelers fans, which makes no sense because we're very close to Baltimore and DC.

3 minutes ago, Lord Raven said:

I'm not acting like that. I'm saying that there's a ton of Steelers fans, which results in fatigue with dealing with them. I live in Arizona and I see just as much Steelers flair as Cardinals and 49ers. In Maryland like 10-20% of the people I knew were Steelers fans, which makes no sense because we're very close to Baltimore and DC.

Then by that logic, people should be tired of the Cowboys too, because according to a chart I saw awhile back, THEY have even MORE fans. But wasn't their last Super Bowl that one in the 90s where the Steelers lost to them?

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then by that logic, people should be tired of the Cowboys too, because according to a chart I saw awhile back, THEY have even MORE fans. But wasn't their last Super Bowl that one in the 90s where the Steelers lost to them?

They are tired of the Cowboys. Same with the Packers.

Honestly, I've called this outcome. Not in the way it happened, I thought it was going to be the Falcons realizing they're at the Super Bowl and then choking as the Patriots rammed the ball repeatedly down their throat all game. I didn't expect the game to be this close or go into overtime. I live in Georgia. I know how bad the Falcons are. I know how bad all of our teams are.

The Falcons INVENTED the choking game. That's what they do. "Oh shit, we've got a shot at winning. Let's get over confident and screw everything up!"

The Patriots have had a more balanced team in the past with more experienced players. That is what was seen today.

I have a saying, "Birds fly, fish swim, Atlanta teams fail to win championships."

3 minutes ago, Xelon said:

Honestly, I've called this outcome. Not in the way it happened, I thought it was going to be the Falcons realizing they're at the Super Bowl and then choking as the Patriots rammed the ball repeatedly down their throat all game. I didn't expect the game to be this close or go into overtime. I live in Georgia. I know how bad the Falcons are. I know how bad all of our teams are.

The Falcons INVENTED the choking game. That's what they do. "Oh shit, we've got a shot at winning. Let's get over confident and screw everything up!"

The Patriots have had a more balanced team in the past with more experienced players. That is what was seen today.

I have a saying, "Birds fly, fish swim, Atlanta teams fail to win championships."

Unless it's the '95 Braves.

On a more relevant note, this Super Bowl was an instant classic.

1 hour ago, Bullwine85 said:

Unless it's the '95 Braves.

There is an exception to every rule. Keep in mind, Atlanta has had the Braves since 1966, the Falcons since 1965, the Hawks since 1968, remember the Atlanta Flames or Georgia Thrashers? We sold them to Canada. The only time that has won a championship is the braves. ONCE. We sold our hockey teams because they couldn't win a championship and thus didn't make any money for us. Ever. We're starting a new soccer team that plays this year.

The point is that the moment this super bowl was announced, I knew for a fact that no matter WHO was the opposing team. It could literally be a team full of injured players. Atlanta will find some way to lose. We'd find a way to lose to a team of pigeons. That's not a hatoful boyfriend reference, that actually happened during a football game. It happened during the Radiers vs Eagles game a long time ago.

Edited by Xelon

I loved this Super Bowl.

My family has always loved both the Patriots and the Falcons. My dad's Falcons and Patriots jerseys are some of the things I remember the most from being a kid. We always jokingly talked about what would happen if the Falcons and the Patriots went to the Super Bowl, but always passed it off thinking it would never happen. This year we start joking about it again, because there was a slight chance. And now, that has happened. I was a little dissapointed in the beginning because I seriously thought that was it for the Patriots. I was hoping for a closer game. After the second half everyone in the room was on the edge of their seat. That was an awesome game.

This game cemented Tom Brady and Belichik's place in Football history. That was a huge record setting and history making game. Largest comeback in the Super Bowl, first overtime, first coach with 5 Super Bowl wins, Brady set records for Super Bowl MVP. It was a great game. I just hope the Falcon's wont be discouraged from this. They played a great game imo. Sure there were some slight mistakes and they got a little overconfident, but overall they played great all season and during the game. I think they are getting too much shit for that loss.