Famitsu 14th May Digital Issue Out Now

Ryo

Wait, weight is back and we have anti-killer weapons, almost like the hoplon guard built into the weapon. This is starting to lower my anger at the changes, IS taketh with one hand and give with another should this be the case.

I suggest take those with a grain of salt, until Vincent or someone figures out how to correctly translate those sentences.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We also get a good look at the spiky haired cavalier we keep seeing as an ally on both sides of the war on the page with the Nohrian royalty characters. It's the two pictures to the left of Marx. Can't really make out what I think is his name though, since its blocked by other stuff :(

No, there's no confirmation that Weight is back, but there's a chance it's back. I personally doubt it though. That said, we haven't seen any weapon stats yet, so there's still a chance...

Maybe there's some other way to lower the chance of double attacking or maybe I'm reading the sentence wrong and the weapon can't double attack period. (Or the entire blurb is the author's speculation XD)

I'll take a look at the interview, seeing as most the other information was already translated I think from the leak yesterday. I hope to translate them all fully eventually though.

I'll take a look at the interview, seeing as most the other information was already translated I think from the leak yesterday. I hope to translate them all fully eventually though.

Context is always important XD

Also, something minor: Priestesses wield 祓串 (batons; the sticks with paper streamers).

Makes me wonder what the Hoshidan equivalent of bows is. Short bows? Long bows? Magic bows?

It'd appear Aqua is lance-locked, at least before promotion. Can anyone identify the name of the lance she's wielding? Is it the same lance she's holding on the cover art? It looks like it has some ice particle effects going on. Perhaps it draws on Magic ala the Levin Sword did in FE13?

It'd appear Aqua is lance-locked, at least before promotion. Can anyone identify the name of the lance she's wielding? Is it the same lance she's holding on the cover art? It looks like it has some ice particle effects going on. Perhaps it draws on Magic ala the Levin Sword did in FE13?

It was mentioned on the first page; a Bronze Naginata, so nothing special.

Maybe she gets the epic lance later?

Just skimming through the interview pages... Page 8... it seems that the way they came up with their current setup of Classic, Casual, and Phoenix mode is that in the middle of trying Classic, players will think "I'm interested in seeing how this ends, but it seems too hard."

So they can let you change the difficulty of the save file from Classic, down to Casual or Phoenix. But you cannot switch back to Classic after that.

Yo, other translators, can you confirm my skimming?

Just skimming through the interview pages... Page 8... it seems that the way they came up with their current setup of Classic, Casual, and Phoenix mode is that in the middle of trying Classic, players will think "I'm interested in seeing how this ends, but it seems too hard."

So they can let you change the difficulty of the save file from Classic, down to Casual or Phoenix. But you cannot switch back to Classic after that.

Yo, other translators, can you confirm my skimming?

Interesting, is the counter true too? If someone on Phoenix finds it too easy, can they switch to Casual/Classic too?

Context is always important XD

Also, something minor: Priestesses wield 祓串 (batons; the sticks with paper streamers).

Makes me wonder what the Hoshidan equivalent of bows is. Short bows? Long bows? Magic bows?

Perhaps the 弓 (though that translates as "bow" in English, it is like 刀 katana becomes sword, or sometimes stays "katana.". Maybe this time they will keep it called Yumi?) I refer to the asymmetrical bow used in kyuudou archery. Maybe they will speciy the two types, 大弓 (daikyuu/longbow) and 半弓 (hankyuu/shorter/half bow)

Just a guess though!

It was mentioned on the first page; a Bronze Naginata, so nothing special.

Maybe she gets the epic lance later?

Yeah I can see that happening, especially with the removal of durability. Still, the elemental effects has me interested. It fits with her Aqua's whole water motif, so I'm wondering if it is something about her or if naginatas have elemental aspects. From reading the other comments, it seems as if Hoshido and Nohr will have exclusive weapons. Is this confirmed or just conjecture?

"There will be no content withheld from players, such as endings, for those playing Phoenix mode."

They want players who are interested in the story but cannot finish due to their skill level to be able to get everything.

The Hoshdio skirmish menu seems to have limited areas of where to go. Maybe there isn't a world map or are they just shortcuts?

Are we talking about the 6th picture, in the lower left side?

It looks like there's 5,000 Gold, the amount that if I recall, seems to be the starting currency in most of the recent FE Games.

Perhaps they haven't progressed all that far?

Perhaps the 弓 (though that translates as "bow" in English, it is like 刀 katana becomes sword, or sometimes stays "katana.". Maybe this time they will keep it called Yumi?) I refer to the asymmetrical bow used in kyuudou archery. Maybe they will speciy the two types, 大弓 (daikyuu/longbow) and 半弓 (hankyuu/shorter/half bow)

Just a guess though!

The Nohr soldiers still use 弓, but that was a good guess.

"There will be no content withheld from players, such as endings, for those playing Phoenix mode."

They want players who are interested in the story but cannot finish due to their skill level to be able to get everything.

That sounds very fair.

I think the next bit is along the lines of beating classic is meant to be for the feeling of accomplishment and that all players should eventually try it.

EDIT

Are we talking about the 6th picture, in the lower left side?

It looks like there's 5,000 Gold, the amount that if I recall, seems to be the starting currency in most of the recent FE Games.

Perhaps they haven't progressed all that far?

True, there could be many reasons. I'm just a tiny bit concerned that they've shown a menu list rather than a world map.

Which reminds me, I want to see the world map XD

Edited by VincentASM

I think we've seen that ice effect in an earlier trailer used by a fan(?) user or something to that effect

Hmm. As far as I know, Ice magic has always just been powerful Wind magic. It looks to be getting fleshed out quite a bit. That's good. Hopefully, the dynamics of tome-to-tome combat have more depth than FE13.

Interesting, is the counter true too? If someone on Phoenix finds it too easy, can they switch to Casual/Classic too?

Dude, READ.

The premise isn't "After you switch". It's "you simply can't go up".

Edited by shadowofchaos

True, there could be many reasons. I'm just a tiny bit concerned that they've shown a menu list rather than a world map.

If that's what it looks like, in that 6th picture... That's rather bland. Depressing, even.

Missed a bit.

Yeah I can see that happening, especially with the removal of durability. Still, the elemental effects has me interested. It fits with her Aqua's whole water motif, so I'm wondering if it is something about her or if naginatas have elemental aspects. From reading the other comments, it seems as if Hoshido and Nohr will have exclusive weapons. Is this confirmed or just conjecture?

The "particles" are probably from Aqua's song. The blurb for that screenshot is referencing her singing ability and she's using it on Linca (an ally), I believe.

I think the next bit is along the lines of beating classic is meant to be for the feeling of accomplishment and that all players should eventually try it.

I like that they're encouraging Classic, it shows they do care for the mode. From story purposes, I can see why they don't withhold and amnot against it, but I hope they give something for completing classic. I don't care if it's a badge, gold or an achievement or a miiverse stamp, a little something would be nice. But no guarantees, just hoping.

Me too! I'm not expecting this to be just about Nohr and Hoshido but I wanna see confirmation of other countries to get a feel for the world.

I like that they're encouraging Classic, it shows they do care for the mode. From story purposes, I can see why they don't withhold and amnot against it, but I hope they give something for completing classic. I don't care if it's a badge, gold or an achievement or a miiverse stamp, a little something would be nice. But no guarantees, just hoping.

Sorry to shoot down your bubble, but the most I can see it is the same start that you see on streetpass when someone has it on their card.

A tiny little star on top of the difficulty you beat.

but I hope they give something for completing classic

Even if they don't, there's always pride of accomplishment.

And if there is a streetpass feature like in Awakening people will presumably see that you were on [difficulty]/Classic, just like they would also see if you were on [difficulty]/Casual or [difficulty]/Phoenix, where [difficulty] is used as a placeholder for the name of the particular difficulty level you were on.

i.e. bragging rights