Character Designs

hauteclere

I don't know what's more evil Garon smiling, or Garon frowning.

The new knight guy is actually pretty cool looking. He's like a younger not evil Garon.

Blondey looks extremely unattractive to me. She has to be the first character who's entire design I just straight up don't like.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to dislike her armor too, but then I realized she has more on than most fighters in Awakening (Basillio and Vaike come to mind). I think hating on it is a bit of a double standard, tbh. I almost feel like there'd be something off if she wasn't shirtless.

Edit: Oh my god I just read her bio. I really love the characters this time around! So far they look better than awakening. I really want to see more of Oboro, Tsubaki, and now Charolette.

Edited by MajorMajora

I hope I'm not the only one that HATES Charlotte's entire character so far; her design, her voice, and her bio.

I'm pretty confused as to what direction Fire Emblem: If is going to in terms of gameplay mechanics, plot, as well as character designs. Whatever the case, I hope we get some more original characters, that don't look questionably similar to characters from past games or have crappy forgettable designs. :l ((I also pray that we get a brunette of either gender for Nohr.))

I used to dislike her armor too, but then I realized she has more on than most fighters in Awakening (Basillio and Vaike come to mind). I think hating on it is a bit of a double standard, tbh. I almost feel like there'd be something off if she wasn't shirtless.

Edit: Oh my god I just read her bio. I really love the characters this time around! So far they look better than awakening. I really want to see more of Oboro, Tsubaki, and now Charolette.

It's more than just, "Oh my god, boobs!". Blondey looks dead inside. Like she is some horrid porceliane doll that just picked up an axe one day to sate her sadistic whims. There is something about her that just creeps me the hell out.

Edited by Honey Bunny

Yeah but that arguement falls a bit flat tbh when Harold seems to have more armour/clothes than any fighter i remember.

It still seems to fit her character though.

Harold's a Brave Hero class. Heroes tend to be exceptionally well-armored.

That'd be a good point if Vaike and Basillio's armor designs weren't garbage as well. But now I remember where the tradition is from.

Harold's a Brave Hero class. Heroes tend to be exceptionally well-armored.

That'd be a good point if Vaike and Basillio's armor designs weren't garbage as well. But now I remember where the tradition is from.

Im 99% sure he is a fighter.

I thought the blonde girl with the big white bow looked totally cute. But then I saw her boobs. WTF, first Tiki, then Camilla, now this trash. I'm sick of having huge round boobs and deep cleavage thrown in my face.

Charlotte is bit of a weird case. Her design, even that awkward pose, really seems to fit what the bio gives of her character. On the other hand her character, design included, doesn't seem enjoyable to me at all.

However, I raise my hat to IS if they really make her into a total gold-digging manhunter. Like some silly early evening soap opera antagonist.

Edited by Sylphid

I thought the blonde girl with the big white bow looked totally cute. But then I saw her boobs. WTF, first Tiki, then Camilla, now this trash. I'm sick of having huge round boobs and deep cleavage thrown in my face.

Pfft, I thought you hated Lucina partly because her boobs were too small

I'm totally kidding you haha, I know what you mean. Perfectly spherical, ginormous boobs are just unrealistic. But if you ask me Charlotte's boobs are the least off-putting things about her.

I think pretty much every character we've seen so far looks unappealing, at the very least in terms of armor and clothing (and most hairstyles), so I really don't see how Charlotte can be any worse than, say, Camilla. She looks like a regular, pretty anime girl who just didn't bring a shirt to the war.

At least her shoulders are covered...?

Edited by Thane

Have you looked at her expressions in the tiny images and her dead eyed doll look she looks quite creepy, plus it is less didn't bring a shirt and more brought a shirt but never wearing it after suggestively taking it off.

But then again from her bio this all seems intentional, so i like her, not her looks though but i do like her character concept and how she seems to fit it, but we will see how it is executed of course

Have you looked at her expressions in the tiny images and her dead eyed doll look she looks quite creepy, plus it is less didn't bring a shirt and more brought a shirt but never wearing it after suggestively taking it off.

But then again from her bio this all seems intentional, so i like her, not her looks though but i do like her character concept and how she seems to fit it, but we will see how it is executed of course

We also have our biological little sister doing a battle pose with her knees bent inwards and her butt sticking out, the female protagonist poses with armor that has thigh holes, Orochi has donuts on her wrists, Elise's hair looks like it weighs about as much as her body...

There are so many things that bother me about character designs in this game that I don't know where to begin. Compared to that, having yet another fan service character doesn't seem so strange.

Im 99% sure he is a fighter.

Seems you're right. Brave Hero is a promoted class.

That just makes it worse.

I think pretty much every character we've seen so far looks unappealing, at the very least in terms of armor and clothing (and most hairstyles), so I really don't see how Charlotte can be any worse than, say, Camilla. She looks like a regular, pretty anime girl who just didn't bring a shirt to the war.

At least her shoulders are covered...?

I know what you're saying, but let me clarify: I don't care about women showing skin. It's why I'm fine with Tharja and I don't complain at her. I just want them to show it in ways that make sense. Charlotte's and Camilla's doesn't. Charlotte's is just worse.

I enjoyed the fact fire emblem tried to keep armor designs in line with their tone, but ever since Awakening things have just made me sad.

And the 46th time the Prude Alarm went off today is right here. You know, people (in general), its ok to not like someone's design or be a bit unnerved by overt sexual content. But being really hateful about it, calling things trash, and the people who may enjoy stuff like this trash, is just beyond uncalled for.

As for Charlotte, it looks like her look is actually a part of her character. She lures people(read: men) in with her buxomness and tries to manipulate them that way. So her outfit is actually fitting for her character.

We also have our biological little sister doing a battle pose with her knees bent inwards and her butt sticking out, the female protagonist poses with armor that has thigh holes, Orochi has donuts on her wrists, Elise's hair looks like it weighs about as much as her body...

There are so many things that bother me about character designs in this game that I don't know where to begin. Compared to that, having yet another fan service character doesn't seem so strange.

You need to realize that the male characters are also fanservice incarnate, ok? Therefore the fanservice is very very evenly spread. If it were simply the females getting fanservice treatment, then perhaps i could understand the anger. But since that is not the case, i think its time to relax. Equal Opportunity Fanservice is good. Its inclusive and doesnt ignore demographics.

You need to realize that the male characters are also fanservice incarnate, ok? Therefore the fanservice is very very evenly spread. If it were simply the females getting fanservice treatment, then perhaps i could understand the anger. But since that is not the case, i think its time to relax. Equal Opportunity Fanservice is good. Its inclusive and doesnt ignore demographics.

The fan service wasn't the main point of my argument. What I said was that I don't like the character designs at all, and the most glaring examples happen to be female characters. The one I dislike the least is Elfie, and I could complain a lot about Ryouma's armor which I think just looks bad - it could've been tolerable without that "helm".

However, I don't agree with you whatsoever; it's not the male characters who have those awkward poses in the official art, nor are their outfits as revealing. I'd be more inclined to listen to you if you dropped the attitude.

Oh its not the fan service its 1 that she looks preety creepy and while having attractive qualties, not quite makeing her attractive when put together. Possibly cause of her charecter we got from her bio. And 2 shes not so much lets give her boobs fanservice and not wear clothing fan-service, but the this charecter would try to attract guys any way she can, so she will show off her assests kind of thing.

I don't have issues with the amount of clothes charlotte is not wearing, since it works with both the class and her character. Better than some certain other characters, I'd say. I'd wish kozaki would draw more gravity-conforming boobs, though, it's not like actual real boobs aren't attractive or anything we don't need balloon shaped boobs everywhere

But I also think she could really stand to be bulkier. Fighter is one of the highest strength base classes in the game and if the game is okay with giving Rinka muscles, why not Charlotte?

Oh its not the fan service its 1 that she looks preety creepy and while having attractive qualties, not quite makeing her attractive when put together. Possibly cause of her charecter we got from her bio. And 2 shes not so much lets give her boobs fanservice and not wear clothing fan-service, but the this charecter would try to attract guys any way she can, so she will show off her assests kind of thing.

My point was that she looks just as dumb as the other characters, so I really don't see why people complain. I just can't see what's so different about her.

I'm not saying you can't discuss it or anything, obviously! When I say that I don't understand, I mean precisely that: I have no idea where people are coming from.

I dunno, I mean they're handsome sure but that's not really fanservice. RPGs usually have cute playable characters anyway. I see no cute poses or outfits on the guys like with some of the girls.

But I do agree Charlotte showing some skin and trying to look hot even if she fails at it is fine considering her description and class.

I really like Benoit's armor. It looks pretty cool while being fairly simple/not particularly extravagant. In fact it just looks like some black slates pinned together. The guy doesn't seem to be getting much attention though but in terms of designs Benoit's one of my favorite so far!

Also I posted this in another thread earlier, but I suppose it's more relevant here: Zero, the Nohrian thief with white/silver hair, appears to wear an eye patch. You can see him pairing up with Cyrus to fight Orochi and Oboro here. Do what you want 'cause a pirate is free! ...No... just me?