Fire Emblem: Requiem - V1.4 is up

Sacred Blaze

Which characters do you like? (Not in terms of anything in particular)  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Allies

• Val
    • Andrei
    • Linda
    • Katarina
    • Keiran
    • Josie
    • Rayden
    • Marco
    • Kane
    • Isaac
    • Nella
    • Layla
    • Almer
    • Ash
    • Drake
    • Gemma
    • Clare
    • Alicia
    • Edward
    • Nala
    • Skye
    • Hawke
    • Jace
    • Vincent
    • Ordanze
    • Laraya
    • Emilia
    • Alyssa
    • Kenrick
    • Pamela
    • Meredith
    • Thelma

If you need, I can post how you get each character? For example, talk to Marco with Val to recruit him in chapter 2.

EDIT: Are you planning on doing anything with this for FEE3?

Edited by Willie

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, is Marco the thief in chapter 2? That guy does not have a death quote and I'm pretty sure I killed him LOL.

Nah, don't worry, Marco isn't no thief. When I'm giving these chapter numbers, I guess I'm actually counting the prologue as just that. So when I say chapter 2, I actually mean chapter 2 as said on the save screen.

That means the chapter titled "Courage Within". Anyway, I'll actually post details of the characters to recruit in the main post under a spoiler tag.

@Willie: No, probably not. Just posting this here.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

Question: there is hidden characters/items/events that you could not get on your first run?

Also, this is a good and challenge hack, sir: I had some troubles with chapter 1, but otherwise is clear how you are suppose to play this

Well, I must say this has been a pleasant surprise. I'm only up to Ch. 2, but it's been very enjoyable so far. I don't think the difficulty needs to be dropped; it's good at forcing to change your strategy. Prologue: don't rush ahead, let the greenies help out our you'll be overrun. Ch. 1; might be a good idea to ignore the first two chests to begin with and concentrate on a) stopping that thief once he hands that flamberge, and b) getting those two prepromotes to meet up with you so that fighting the elite enemies isn't quite so risky.

...Apparently Andrei is public enemy number 1, because he seems to be the opposition's primary target even when, for example, an archer has a clear shot at Kieran.

The prologue's boss nearly lost to the green cavaliers before Andrei just managed to catch up and get the last blow. I'm kindof baffled why the nearby enemy archer refused to use the ballista he was camped on, but a greenie who stole his place was fine with it.

Looking at the Ch. 2 enemy formation, should boss Clive be marked as a member of the Ganelon bandits?

Anyway, good job so far!

Question: there is hidden characters/items/events that you could not get on your first run?

Also, this is a good and challenge hack, sir: I had some troubles with chapter 1, but otherwise is clear how you are suppose to play this

There are two secret shops in chapter 18 and 19x.

And I guess the dancer character is sort of missable, but it's not too difficult. (Requires visiting a village in an earlier chapter.)

Events? There are talk conversations between characters, but not all of them are particularly important. Just some conversations to give some background, details and such. The only ones that actually yield anything is a conversation in Ch.9 and getting some extra items from a boss in chapter 21. (Funnily enough, both of these events involve Katarina, the priestess.)

Also, there's a different conversation if you send Keiran to the closest house in chapter 4, (New Age) which again isn't too important.

Well, I must say this has been a pleasant surprise. I'm only up to Ch. 2, but it's been very enjoyable so far. I don't think the difficulty needs to be dropped; it's good at forcing to change your strategy. Prologue: don't rush ahead, let the greenies help out our you'll be overrun. Ch. 1; might be a good idea to ignore the first two chests to begin with and concentrate on a) stopping that thief once he hands that flamberge, and b) getting those two prepromotes to meet up with you so that fighting the elite enemies isn't quite so risky.

...Apparently Andrei is public enemy number 1, because he seems to be the opposition's primary target even when, for example, an archer has a clear shot at Kieran.

The prologue's boss nearly lost to the green cavaliers before Andrei just managed to catch up and get the last blow. I'm kindof baffled why the nearby enemy archer refused to use the ballista he was camped on, but a greenie who stole his place was fine with it.

Looking at the Ch. 2 enemy formation, should boss Clive be marked as a member of the Ganelon bandits?

Anyway, good job so far!

Thanks.

Interesting observation there about Andrei. Never really noticed that before. Might be because he causes a game over on death or something.

And yeah, Clive is sort of a throwback to those early Lyn mode bosses, so maybe he should.

If I had one bad thing to say about it, it would be that you get op characters in the game way to early.

True, I can't argue that they're overpowered. But it's not like you have to use them. (I'm assuming that you're talking about the pre-promotes, right?) And some people I know would really have trouble if they didn't have those two to rely on. Maybe only giving you one of them might have been a better solution though.

There are two secret shops in chapter 18 and 19x.

And I guess the dancer character is sort of missable, but it's not too difficult. (Requires visiting a village in an earlier chapter.)

Events? There are talk conversations between characters, but not all of them are particularly important. Just some conversations to give some background, details and such. The only ones that actually yield anything is a conversation in Ch.9 and getting some extra items from a boss in chapter 21. (Funnily enough, both of these events involve Katarina, the priestess.)

Also, there's a different conversation if you send Keiran to the closest house in chapter 4, (New Age) which again isn't too important.

Thanks.

Interesting observation there about Andrei. Never really noticed that before. Might be because he causes a game over on death or something.

And yeah, Clive is sort of a throwback to those early Lyn mode bosses, so maybe he should.

True, I can't argue that they're overpowered. But it's not like you have to use them. (I'm assuming that you're talking about the pre-promotes, right?) And some people I know would really have trouble if they didn't have those two to rely on. Maybe only giving you one of them might have been a better solution though.

Maybe but they are useful for defence tanks

woah, gonna give this a go

the sprites are clean, but for a project like this i think you'd want better sprites. nickt open sourced all of his sprites so you might want to go check this out, but that is if you plan on working further on this hack

so when are you gonna release growth rates?

also bran is totally beatable with a trained ray, but no death quote, and no reaction it seems. if he wasnt intended to be beaten then maybe make him stronger?

Edited by jetbeamcantmeltsteelfuel

Is chapter 4 supposed to be as easy as it is? You can just use Val's aunt to fly her over and have her talk to the boss by turn 3. Obviously this method misses out on a lot of experience, but I was just surprised to see a chapter that could be completed this easily since the first few chapters were so difficult.

Is chapter 4 supposed to be as easy as it is? You can just use Val's aunt to fly her over and have her talk to the boss by turn 3. Obviously this method misses out on a lot of experience, but I was just surprised to see a chapter that could be completed this easily since the first few chapters were so difficult.

Exactly what I was thinking. But if you simply do that, you lose the experience and items that enemies drop, which will come back to haunt you in later chapters.

so when are you gonna release growth rates?

also bran is totally beatable with a trained ray, but no death quote, and no reaction it seems. if he wasnt intended to be beaten then maybe make him stronger?

I'll get on that. I did have something like that before, but It'll need some updating.

EDIT: Alright, done. Link in the main post.

*facepalm* You know, I can't believe I've never actually checked that, although, his stats used to be slightly higher, but then it just makes him a little bit too strong when you do actually fight him. (And at this time you wouldn't have Rayden there, anyway)

It's funny as well, because from my multiple playthroughs I've also tried to weaken Rayden a lot from how he originally was.

Is chapter 4 supposed to be as easy as it is? You can just use Val's aunt to fly her over and have her talk to the boss by turn 3. Obviously this method misses out on a lot of experience, but I was just surprised to see a chapter that could be

completed this easily since the first few chapters were so difficult.

Exactly what I was thinking. But if you simply do that, you lose the experience and items that enemies drop, which will come back to haunt you in later chapters.

Yeah, there are a lot of valuable items (Killing Edge, Killer Axe, Speedwings, Dragonshield, Secret Book) and a lot of enemies on that chapter, so I'd say it's more worth doing the stage the more natural way,

especially if you're using any of the characters here.

Edited by Sacred Blaze

Heey. Great hack so far. Prologue was tough thanks to the axe hitters hitting me for some reason.... Characters seem cool and I really like Valentine's mug. Units are cool and like the changed weapon names. Thanks for the project :)

Whoa. A new project out of the blue, 100% completed?
You're the second in the world to achieve a 100% completed (almost) full-scale FE hack, so props to you! :0

That said, this looks marvellous and I can't wait to have the time to play this.

I also find your dedication to this project to be very inspiring.

Yeah, there are a lot of valuable items (Killing Edge, Killer Axe, Speedwings, Dragonshield, Secret Book) and a lot of enemies on that chapter, so I'd say it's more worth doing the stage the more natural way,

especially if you're using any of the characters here.

Well Val says something before the chapter starts saying something like "try not kill them if you can," so I took that as "finish the chapter without killing anyone and you'll get a bonus reward."