Theoretical Class Chart (possible spoilers?)

jessehyuga

So, I know we've seen all the classes but I've noticed that we are missing a class chart, so I decided to try and make my own. what do you guys think? is there any corrections or suggestions?

I really wish we had a class chart. I'd even make one for this site if I knew how. ^_^U (and hopefully my pictures upload correctly...)

post-14653-0-20906300-1434987765_thumb.png

post-14653-0-20432100-1434987775_thumb.png

Edited by jessehyuga

These class trees look pretty good in my opinion. I would say that any class having three promotion options is super unlikely, but it looks like you've already got that covered since you listed those speculative promotions as "unlikely".

The only thing I disagree with is the Priestess promotion. Since it looks like Priestess and Monk are analogous to Cleric and Priest, I think that Priestesses will most likely have the option to promote into Hermits. Maybe. At least, that's the impression I got from watching the class introduction videos.

Also, hi. I just joined the site, so this is actually my first post here.

Rod Knight and Dark Knight have no equipment in common.

It should be Rod Knight ---> Butler/Maid, not Dark Knight. We can see this do to Joker and Felicia being able to reclass into Strategist and having Res+ 2 and Demoiselle/Male Version.

I had made the connection between Rod knight and Dark Knight because I didn't see any other thing working. hmm...Rod Knight class changes to Maid/Butler? how did I miss that news? kinda seems weird to me that Elise a PRINCESS would class change to a maid, I always thought that it was its own independent class, but if skills prove there's a connection then I'll edit the list either tomorrow or sometime next week.

These class trees look pretty good in my opinion. I would say that any class having three promotion options is super unlikely, but it looks like you've already got that covered since you listed those speculative promotions as "unlikely".

The only thing I disagree with is the Priestess promotion. Since it looks like Priestess and Monk are analogous to Cleric and Priest, I think that Priestesses will most likely have the option to promote into Hermits. Maybe. At least, that's the impression I got from watching the class introduction videos.

Also, hi. I just joined the site, so this is actually my first post here.

Hello, I'm also still pretty new to this site, so welcome to the forest! ^_^

I would normally make the connection with the priestess and monk class, but then Sakura would have 3 possible promotions, though it could be a possibility that she shares at least one of them, but for right now I'll leave it off until there's more proof.

Felicia and Jakob have the skills and reclass options that would fit promoting from Rod Knight. However, it is possible that they're special cases, which would leave Rod Knight's other promotion as either Adventurer or some as-yet unseen class. There's been a lot of uncertainty about this.

I think that Miko would share Divine Spellcaster with Spellcaster and Monk. Mage class branches seem like they include just one hybrid option and the other one is pure magic.

The Lancer line should go into only Truespear and Freelancer. If it does indeed go into Weapon Master, there might be a gender split. One of the distinct parts of the female Lancer design is the diamond-patterned tights, which is reflected in Orochi's showcasing of the Freelancer class.

In case you're still unsure about Rod Knight promoting into Maid/Butler. Click here for my speculation as to why this is so.

[spoiler=Resistance +2 and Male Version of Demoiselle on Jakob]be1e0068dd41ffcbb9e3b0e72eec0bc7.png

Fighter will go into Berserker, as Charlotte's default class is Fighter.

Edited by Sakusa

Fighters are already proven to promote to Berserkers. Charlotte is seen as one in the classes trailer.

I think Lancers will promote to Freelancers because they have similar attack animations.

Yeah,rod knights turning into dark knights brings up the problem that they'd loose their ability to use staffs,which is pretty much their primary use in combat.

I also think that priestess will promote to divine spellcaster,because she is more or less the female version of the monk already(wouldn't surprise me if war priestess and hermit get the same skills)

I actually hope that lancers can turn into weapon masters instead of freelancers,because then the spellcasters would have at least one promotion unique to them.

Fighters are already proven to promote to Berserkers. Charlotte is seen as one in the classes trailer.

I think Lancers will promote to Freelancers because they have similar attack animations.

The Lancer line should go into only Truespear and Freelancer. If it does indeed go into Weapon Master, there might be a gender split. One of the distinct parts of the female Lancer design is the diamond-patterned tights, which is reflected in Orochi's showcasing of the Freelancer class

Ya I went and re-watched the class video and she defiantly was wearing diamond patterned leggings(?) thats enough confirmation for me

Yeah,rod knights turning into dark knights brings up the problem that they'd loose their ability to use staffs,which is pretty much their primary use in combat.

I also think that priestess will promote to divine spellcaster,because she is more or less the female version of the monk already(wouldn't surprise me if war priestess and hermit get the same skills)

I actually hope that lancers can turn into weapon masters instead of freelancers,because then the spellcasters would have at least one promotion unique to them.

ya, very fair point (though class changing a villager in awakening and they can't use their spear). I edited the list to take off dark knight.

I don't know about Priestess being connected with monk just yet, I feel it might be a specific class of Sakura's just like how Revenant Knight might be unique to Camilla. I've made the connection on the list, but for now I put it in red.

I thought that maybe Weapon Masters might be connected to lancers because they also could wield Naginatas, but with Freelancer being confirmed to Lancer it seems REALLY unlikely, so for now its off the list.

Edit: the charts have been updated ^_^

Edited by jessehyuga

I highly doubt that Dark Mages can also become Revenant Knights considering, from the images we have seen of reclassing, people seem to only have two choices for each base class.Also in Awakening each class only had one or two promotions never three.

b88d5b0d1a35f6daa1e29e7919b09253.png

That outfit looks way too similar to Sakura's base Priestess outfit to not at least mention a connection. As the class is technically called Divine Spellcaster, it wouldn't be a stretch to link them together due to the connection they have to the gods.

b88d5b0d1a35f6daa1e29e7919b09253.png

That outfit looks way too similar to Sakura's base Priestess outfit to not at least mention a connection. As the class is technically called Divine Spellcaster, it wouldn't be a stretch to link them together due to the connection they have to the gods.

"Divine Spellcaster" is just one of the many ways to attempt a 'localization', literally it means "Yin Yang master".

Edited by Ryo

I'll be sad if this is true and my favourite Awakening class, the Trickster, is gone the way of the dodo.

It seems like trickster has been changed into adventurer. sounds like everything's the same except it has to use bows instead of swords.

I'm sure Revenant Knights are just a regular Dragon Knight promotion, like Dark Pegasus in Awakening. Non-flying classes don't really have a history of promoting to flying classes, and there's no indication of it being special.

"Divine Spellcaster" is just one of the way to attempt a 'localization', literally it means "Yin Yang master".

Are you implying that monks and priestesses aren't supposed to be masters of yin and yang? :<

[spoiler=tldr, I'm Asian and identified as Buddhist]That sort of profession takes a lot of self-discipline, and looking for the pathway to enlightenment also entails letting go of earthly desires and controlling one's emotions. Heaven is yin, earth is yang; one cannot be without the other, but there must be a balance (which is why exorcisms are a thing in both Shinto and Buddhism: pacify spirits so they can pass on and stop wreaking havoc on the fleshpeople.)

PEACE AND HARMONY AND BALANCE IN ALL THINGS

I just woke up and probably should go back to bed, lol.

ya, very fair point (though class changing a villager in awakening and they can't use their spear). I edited the list to take off dark knight.

I don't know about Priestess being connected with monk just yet, I feel it might be a specific class of Sakura's just like how Revenant Knight might be unique to Camilla. I've made the connection on the list, but for now I put it in red.

I thought that maybe Weapon Masters might be connected to lancers because they also could wield Naginatas, but with Freelancer being confirmed to Lancer it seems REALLY unlikely, so for now its off the list.

Yeah,but Donny had to reclass into other classes,he didn't promote to anything,promotions however almost always keep the weapon types of the prepromotes and only add new to them(the only exceptions I can think of are dark knights loosing access to dark magic in awakening(but tomes were one weapon type anyway) and ewan loosing his ability to use anima magic when he promotes to a shaman(but ewan was a pre-prepromote and there were no other tier1-anima users)),while we had already a troubadour turning into a foot-unit in awakening;).

I'm sure Revenant Knights are just a regular Dragon Knight promotion, like Dark Pegasus in Awakening. Non-flying classes don't really have a history of promoting to flying classes, and there's no indication of it being special.

ya, that's why I put it in red, unlikely. but if Rod Knights cant become Dark Knights then its even more likely that Dark Mages become Dark Knights and that it's more unlikely that they will become a Revenant Knight. I will make the appropriate change eventually. do you know what also seems unlikely to me? a princess mounted unit leaving her horse to become a maid. nevemind read another good point on this from above ^_^U .

Edited by jessehyuga

Are you implying that monks and priestesses aren't supposed to be masters of yin and yang? :<

I've never said anything like that, nor did I argue that it cannot be a possible promotion for those classes.

ya, that's why I put it in red, unlikely. but if Rod Knights cant become Dark Knights then its even more likely that Dark Mages become Dark Knights and that it's more unlikely that they will become a Revenant Knight. I will make the appropriate change eventually. do you know what also seems unlikely to me? a princess mounted unit leaving her horse to become a maid.

Troubadours in Awakening could give up their horse, and unless it turns out there's another mounted healer we haven't heard about yet, Rod Knights in Fates will have the same option. We can't rule out Adventurer, but it's either Adventurer, Maid/Butler, or some as-yet unrevealed class.

I've never said anything like that, nor did I argue that it cannot be a possible promotion for those classes.

As with general tone on the internet, it's really hard to determine hostility/aggression/passivity, etc. My question was asked in order to decipher what your intent was, because it was unclear.

Anyway, yin and yang have everything to do with the gods and divinity (which is why the OP even drew the conclusion), so even if it is an attempt at localization, the connection is still there.