"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

Hello everyone, I have a couple of questions I'd like to ask.

1. Does strategy now revolve around stat-decrements? Many of the new skills and weapons have a lot of stat buffs and debuffs, and absolute damage modification (for example Mirror Strike, which decreases taken magic damage by a whopping 20 when user initiates battle).That's debatable. While it does play a huge part and can give you a nice advantage, the entire game isn't centered around it. It's more of a way to stand a chance in case enemies are giving you trouble with high stats. They aren't that great on normal, and a must on Lunatic. For PvP, it's give or take. You usually just want to kill the enemy while you can, not weaken them first.

1.5. It seems the weapons that decrease stats per use accumulates, so would the stronger weapons only ever be useful when close to finishing a map (less enemies) or when it finishes off the boss (commander and seize maps)? For the S rank weapons (most of them anyway) absolutely. For say, silver weapons, the decrease in stats is only problematic if you solely use them. A great set up is having a magical Adventurer using the silver bow then switch to the magic bow when done. It helps balance the game by not letting you abuse the stronger weapons, which is pretty neat imo. You can usually get by without relying too much on them anyway.

2. Are the skills that decrease enemy HP after battle valuable (Snake Venom, Four Fangs, Deadly Breath)? All of them are viable, especially Four Fangs. Guaranteed damage no matter what is especially useful. Slap a high speed ninja with Kagerou's dagger and you can decrease anyone trying to hit you. You can even bring down over powered enemies with this, balancing the game in your favor. It doesn't kill, tho, so just make sure you have a fighter to finish the job.

3. How can you farm gold (Hoshido and Revelation)? I've seen some videos where enemies just drop gold without having barter items on hand (bullion), and finishing some chapters flat out give you money. The Great Merchant skill Easy Life has a chance to give you Gold Coins, but those only sell for 300g which doesn't seem like a lot, especially with item prices inflated. The FE14 item page doesn't have any other "bullion" type items so I was curious. You get gold through grinding or beating skirmishes. Enemies will hold on to them, the harder they are the more you get. The gold coins in this game are essentially bullions under a different name. There are bigger variations that are worth more in the game, and you can get them through the main story. Money isn't shoved in your face like Awakening, so you always have to use it wisely. I never played the money DLC so I wouldn't know. Anna's skill gives you some money after a kill if it activates, though.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3.5.By extension, how would the Fate's Golden Gaffe DLC version work? Does it have enemies holding the Gold Coins or is it similar to the second sentence where enemies simply drop gold without barter items on hand?

The ruins map is excellent. Enemies hold gold - weaker ones have 1000G, stronger ones have 3000G, and sometimes they may come in groups where their leader has 5000G (but the others don't carry gold). The 5000G ones will always try to escape, so be ready. Go to the central part quickly, and keep your team tightly packed together, and you'll be getting gold in no time.

Note that you can't prevent reinforcement from showing up by blocking their spaces. Not that this is needed anyway.

Special Edition Preorder Questions

1.) Do I need to lay the full $80 down, or can I pay it a little at a time? Because I have thirty dollars to my name right now, and probably will remain so until I'm sent Christmas moneys from my mom. (College is so fun. We're all tired and poor.)

2.) Are preorders likely to be in stock at this point? I'm a bit late, I know.

3.) Am I better off just putting it all on my card and playing Amazon tag once I get $80?

4.) If I go to the store and physically put down some money to pre-order, can I pre-order in cash?

Edited by Respite&Nepenthe

Special Edition Preorder Questions

1.) Do I need to lay the full $80 down, or can I pay it a little at a time? Because I have thirty dollars to my name right now, and probably will remain so until I'm sent Christmas moneys from my mom. (College is so fun. We're all tired and poor.)

2.) Are preorders likely to be in stock at this point? I'm a bit late, I know.

3.) Am I better off just putting it all on my card and playing Amazon tag once I get $80?

4.) If I go to the store and physically put down some money to pre-order, can I pre-order in cash?

1 depends on where you're preordering, but GameStop definitely lets you do it in parts. 4 should be a yes for anywhere with physical stores. 2 is hit-or-miss; generally they're out of stock, but they've been restocking fairly often.

No opinion on 3.

Edited by Skarthe

I read on GameFAQ's that Takumi is "even rather problematic with his own son."

Please tell me that's not true, or at least exaggerated. I'm a huge fan of Kisaragi, and I'd be pretty pissed if his parent support was shit. ;;

Broadly speaking, are there a lot of problematic parent supports? I know Jakob's support with Deere was horrible, but I thought the others might be pretty good... I mean, I heard that Lazward's support with Soleil is really sweet, and there was even a post showing the (albeit minute) differences between the supports of Kanna's variable parent.

I read on GameFAQ's that Takumi is "even rather problematic with his own son."

Please tell me that's not true, or at least exaggerated. I'm a huge fan of Kisaragi, and I'd be pretty pissed if his parent support was shit. ;;

Broadly speaking, are there a lot of problematic parent supports? I know Jakob's support with Deere was horrible, but I thought the others might be pretty good... I mean, I heard that Lazward's support with Soleil is really sweet, and there was even a post showing the (albeit minute) differences between the supports of Kanna's variable parent.

Short version: not really.

Long version:

The support takes place over several father-and-son hunting trips. Kisiragi tries to show off to Takumi, and Takumi responds with some nervous criticism, which his son calmly acknowledges and takes to heart. Kisiragi goes to him for more advice and training, resulting in Takumi caving and saying that he was overly critical and he felt a bit jealous, because "I'm not that great; it's all the Fuujin Yumi". Kisiragi disagrees, and says he idolizes his father. Shortly after, he requests to try the Fuujin Yumi himself, and roundaboutly proving that Takumi is good in his own way because the Fuujin Yumi is so different from any other bow. Kisiragi then gets his father to work on his self-esteem, and they promise to train together more.

Not the greatest support, but not really "problematic".

Edited by The DanMan

Short version: not really.

Long version:

The support takes place over several father-and-son hunting trips. Kisiragi tries to show off to Takumi, and Takumi responds with some nervous criticism, which his son calmly acknowledges and takes to heart. Kisiragi goes to him for more advice and training, resulting in Takumi caving and saying that he was overly critical and he felt a bit jealous, because "I'm not that great; it's all the Fuujin Yumi". Kisiragi disagrees, and says he idolizes his father. Shortly after, he requests to try the Fuujin Yumi himself, and roundaboutly proving that Takumi is good in his own way because the Fuujin Yumi is so different from any other bow. Kisiragi then gets his father to work on his elf-esteem, and they promise to train together more.

Not the greatest support, but not really "problematic".

Thanks for the response! After reading the spoiler, I decided I might as well read the support for myself.

Still not as bad as Jakob and Deere

Yeah, I guess that was a pretty bad comparison, seeing as how much I actually liked this one, tbh.

More pre-order questions. I am not a wise man. Really sorry for the bother...

I put my $25 down at Gamestop. Does that count as part of the $79.99 price, or is that just the fee to get them to hold it?

I can go in and pay off the rest in increments, yes? Or do I have to put it all in at once?

I put my $25 down at Gamestop. Does that count as part of the $79.99 price, or is that just the fee to get them to hold it?

If they didn't, that would count as stealing. It goes towards the full purchase so you only need to give them about 55 dollars.

More pre-order questions. I am not a wise man. Really sorry for the bother...

I can go in and pay off the rest in increments, yes? Or do I have to put it all in at once?

yes it should. the $25 is a down payment. also in your receipt under "deposits for pre-orders" it should say "$25.00 of $79.99". you can go in-store whenever you want and pay how much you'd like or you can pay the rest which is $55 + tax on the release date.

I apologize in advance if these questions have already been answered.

1. How good are the children in terms of gameplay?

2. Are there support conversations for A+ tanks?

3. How good are these units: Benoit, Asama, Flannel, Charlotte, Odin and Zero. I really want to marry these people...

3. How good are these units: Benoit, Asama, Flannel, Charlotte, Odin and Zero. I really want to marry these people...

1. They're not gamebreaking like in awakening, but they're still better than their parents. You should do their paralogues even if you're not going to use the child to get extra EXP.

3. Many people think Benoit is a useless unit because of his shit speed, but if you want to use him, use him. Flannel and Charlotte are pretty good because Werewolf and female Berserker. Zero's good because he's one of the few bow units on Nohr. In IK, he's considerably less useful. Odin is shit apparently. Dunno about Asama.

Edited by sylveonzoroark

2. No.

3. Flannel's apparently amazing, Zero's good in Conquest but kinda bad in Revelations. Conquest Odin is ok, not great, but Revelations Odin is apparently the worst unit in all of Fates.

Edited by Skarthe

Benoit was an MVP of mine, so he's far from bad. He's strong enough to deal damage and he'll practically never miss his attacks. Once he reaches A rank lances, he's just a brave lance away from having hardly any issues. Of course some people aren't interested in using tanks and that's understandable.

3. Flannel's apparently amazing, Zero's good in Conquest but kinda bad in Revelations. Conquest Odin is ok, not great, but Revelations Odin is apparently the worst unit in all of Fates.

Let's start with the fact that he's at base class Lv 12 when Ryouma from the last chapter is at promoted Lv 4.

Edited by nocturnal YL

Let's start with the fact that he's at base class Lv 12 when Ryouma from the last chapter is at promoted Lv 4.

I'm aware of why he's bad, I just say "apparently" because I haven't played it for myself yet. :P

But yeah. Joins much later in Revelations than in Conquest, gains very little in stats to show for it, joins when a bunch of better units are also joining, and is ORKO'd in his join chapter (even on Normal, I think). Doesn't have great growths or anything to even try to make up for it.