The three Nots! of Nohr(SPOILERS)

Aquaze

Or the class fits him so he is of that class, samurai is in Hoshido plus the class has backstory that Owain doesn't match.It has to be a nohr class and Healing as a rod knight doesn't fit him at all, and does anyone want three mercenaries so only class left of lissas is sage and bing bang boom, sage-mage-dark mage, yay yay. Anyway his canon dad? Same boat as severa's as in he is in default mode and so is inigo so no Canon dads for you.

Dark Mage fit him in Awakening too. But guess what? Still couldn't be a Dark Mage without certain fathers.

As for default mode, notice how I don't mention hair color? So if you have support for them being in "default mode", and what that mode actually entails beyond hair color, please provide it.

^ it means guessing his canon dad is useless because he doesn't have one that is all their is to it.

And he wasn't a dark mage cause myrmidon fit him better and guess what? Dark mage fits Lissa about as well as kellam''s armour would fit Ricken and by game mechanics he can'f have dark mage if it wasn't his starting class. Bug for fates game mechanics don't matter he changed his class the same way he managed to change his stats, his level, his weapon ranks, his skills, and changing just slightly art-wise.

The shop keeper ? That's it ? Wow, it could've been something like the devs reusing designs, no ?

... Does people really need an explaination at why traveling between continent make more sense than time/world-travel though ?

No, they are both share the name Aimee in Archanea and Tellius, Like Anna they're the same character.

The main plot device of FE7 is Nergal trying to open a gate which connects Elibe to another world, Gotoh can even send Marth to another world just with his magic. Traveling between worlds is as much a part of Fire Emblem as transforming people is, to try and deny that is just foolishness.

I am honestly more bothers by the fact that this renders certain pairings in Awakening suddenly non-canon. I mean, for me its only the fact that I paired Inigo with F!Morgan. I can only imagine what people who paired their Avatar with Severa, Owain, or Inigo are thinking right now, as they were effectively told "hahaha, your ship either didn't happen or didn't work out post game. Sucks to be you". Sure, I guess you could just pretend that this is another reality, since you could make the argument that each playthrough in of itself is its own parallel timeline, but then that means that some other timeline is more important that yours to have its Inigo, Owain, and Severa show up. Honestly, should have kept them as simple look-a-likes who could just be assumed to be parallel counterparts who were born in the Fates universe or something. This... this gives me a bad taste in my mouth.

Now I'm completely terrified there will be some line somewhere with either the Robin or the Lucina amiibo that completely ruins my own chosen pairings. Its already contradicted what I've done once already, made it so my fanfiction now contradicts canon... it just really sucks.

Ah, AImee, I see, thank you.

They could've just recycle some design ya know ? That happens. A lot. For a lot of games.

Nergal wanted to open a gate, toward a dragon realm. Dragon. Realm. Not parallel, not past, not future, it's a dragon realm.

And the chapter where Gotoh send Marth into 'another world' totally wasn't an obvious deux ex machina particularly added for the remake in case you lost Tiki and Falchion... Well, to be fair this one was actually fun.

Oh yeah, and it was a one time only, not a 'zoom children from future everywhere' deal.

Edited by B.Leu

The conversations with both Lucina and Robin implies that they are from different worlds from this trio though. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I've read all of Lucina's and Robin's script, and I don't think anything they say indicates any relationship or lack of. Their unique quotes after joining are mostly about store stuff anyway.

I just wish they were consistent about this. If they're going to give supports to 3 returning Awakening characters, there's no reason the Amiibo characters should be left out...

Nergal wanted to open a gate, toward a dragon realm. Dragon. Realm. Not parallel, not past, not future, it's a dragon realm.

It's an alternate world where the dragons could escape to in order to avoid losing their power because the Ending Winter didn't affect it. It was known as dragon realm because dragons escaped to that dimension not the other way around. Still, doesn't matter what you want to call it, it was an alternate dimension.

Edited by NeonZ

I have to know if there's some way to get a conversation between Luna and Mitoi.

There are scripts for LunaxTsubaki supports and in turn a mother-daughter support for Luna and Matoi (might be 3rd route only though, not sure). The resemblance to her mother does not go unnoticed.

Ah, AImee, I see, thank you.

They could've just recycle some design ya know ? That happens. A lot. For a lot of games.

And the chapter where Gotoh send Marth into 'another world' totally wasn't an obvious deux ex machina particularly added for the remake in case you lost Tiki and Falchion... Well, to be fair this one was actually fun.

The dragon realm is still a world different from Elibe that cannot be reached via conventional means. Nils specifically mentions that their NEW WORLD is different from Elibe. Hell, Lewyn even says that the Divine Dragons traveled from a different world to give their powers to the crusaders. We have four previous games featuring travel between worlds and one featuring time travel, it's part of the Fire Emblem experience.

Maybe I'm missing something, but was it ever said how the three children arrived in Nohr? I dislike the Outrealms, but they could have just gotten there by boat, no?

Anyway, I don't mind them being in the game. Inigo and Severa were my kids in some of my Awakening playthroughs, so I'm actually glad to see them back.

I'm pretty sure Levin never talked about a different world, he talked about a different continent. (I believe it was from Archanea actually ? I don't remember.)

But if you absolutely want to say that those example, like the dragon gate, that have a defined explanation, and the outrealm from FEA that have zero explanation (other than being a vicious Deus ex machina), are the same things, be my guest.

I don't even know why we are arguing in the first place. :/

Edited by B.Leu

I am legitimately shocked that everyone's freaking out. Like, this isn't new. At all. Or isn't the most contrived (that honor goes to Camus). Most Fire Emblem game are connected by twos and threes so it's not surprise that Awakening and Fates are connected.

However, if they're the actual ones from Awakening and not AU's than it establishes canon and many will not like that.

I'm pretty sure Levin never talked about a different world, he talked about a different continent. (I believe it was from Archanea actually ? I don't remember.)

But if you absolutely want to say that those example, like the dragon gate, that have a defined explanation, and the outrealm from FEA that have zero explanation (other than being a vicious Deus ex machina), are the same things, be my guest.

Uh when was it a deus ex Machina? I don 't rememberer it being one could you explain when it was one thank you.

We don't really know how they end up in Nohr. They say that it's a different world and in some of the supports worry about never being able to return home. However, they never explicitly say that they entered in the Outrealm Gates and ended up there or anything like that. Of course, considering how we have a new Dragon's Gate just waiting for future DLC, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up having dialogue about it there.

The Dragon's Gate was the actual plot device there though. It basically just existed to allow the dragons to escape somewhere else, but still giving them a relatively easy way to return in a single point that could be blocked or stopped (while that couldn't be done with sea travel).

The Outrealm Gate is just part of Awakening's setting and only used to give a basis for the DLC. It's not a Deus Ex Machina by definition considering how it comes at the start of the DLC stories rather than being a later reveal and plot device.

Maybe I'm missing something, but was it ever said how the three children arrived in Nohr? I dislike the Outrealms, but they could have just gotten there by boat, no?

I like to think this, but Inigo and Owain reference the "other world" they came from, and wondering if it was even real. I guess they could mean "world" metaphorically, like Europeans calling the Americas "the new world", but they probably wouldn't be so spacey about it if they just looked at a map and hopped on a boat.

Also there's the thing with them telling Lucina's amiibo that she's not the Lucina they knew. That suggests outrealms stuff, though it could just be for the amiibo functionality and not their actual backstory. But overall, I'm not hung up on this anymore. These characters used outrealms once already in canon, to travel back in time, so it's not so weird to think they'd do it again. Dimension hopping and time displacement really messes with a person!

Lewyn specifically states, "Here’s how I understand it… There were beings from another world who knew the Dragon Tribe’s power was responsible for Jugdral’s unrest. So they came from their world to assist us. They were the ones who appeared at Darna Fortress just as it was about to fall."

Now if you wanted to, you could argue that he means world in the Old World/New World sense that Europeans used to describe Europe and the Americas. Which for all we know could also be how Owain and the others view Ylisse and Nohr.