The three Nots! of Nohr(SPOILERS)

Aquaze

This is mostly a theory based off a few facts we know

First off

In Luna's s support with kamui she reveals her real name is severa/serena

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54871&page=162entry3837524

Based off this Its safe to speculate

She reveals she is Severa which means the other two have to be Owain and Inigo. I debated in my head weather they were the ones who went back in time that joined you in awakening, or the ones born during your awakening campaign who never came from the future. I'm believing its the latter because

1. They look around the same age as their time traveling counterparts were in awakening if not slightly older. At most within a year of that age. If they were the time traveling ones I couldn't see them leaving Ylisse and becoming top ranking officers in Nohr in only a year, especially as outsiders. It sounds like they've been in Nohr for awhile.

2. The second point is more of a question of morality, why would the original time traveling trio join Nohr? A country that worships what appears to be a dark dragon? Possibly to prevent another Grima from happening, but if that were the case I would expect Lucina to join them at the least. But if they are the children from the saved awakening timeline, they know nothing of grima or any apocalyptic world.

Whats interesting about this is it begs the question of why they left Ylisse? Was it by choice? Were they sent to infiltrate Nohr by Chrom? Maybe to keep tabs and a potential threat since Chrom knows the damage a conquest hungry nation can cause due to his interactions with Gangrel and Walhart.

This also means that Fates most likely takes place around 15-20 years after awakening. This also places Fates in the same world as awakening UNLESS there are some weird outrealm things going on.

Edit: Woah major curveball just changed my theory a bit

http://pastebin.com/uGqN4QZ6

Apparently Owain and Inigo's Not! selves have a convo in their A rank support that reveals they ARE in fact the originals who traveled back in time. So there does seem to be outrealm things occuring here. At least we know what they chose to do after awakening. However this likely means since the outrealm is involved this game can take place before or after awakening by thousands of years and in a completely different world O.O

Edited by Aquaze

In the Odin/Lazward A support,

They mention reuniting with their mothers and defeating Grima, they also mention their conversation in the Harvest Scramble map.

In the Odin/Lazward A support,

They mention reuniting with their mothers and defeating Grima, they also mention their conversation in the Harvest Scramble map.

Yeah edited that in with a link to it.

Threw my entire theory on its head XD. Still interesting though.

Edited by Aquaze

*sigh*

I'm sorry, but why ? Why doing that to us IS ? Why ?

Still thanks for the info !

Why revive Camus in Fire Emblem Gaiden? Why have the Whitewings travel to Valentia, or have an Archanean shop keeper appear in Tellius?

If they think they can do something interesting with the characters, why not?

I have a lot of problems with this.

Does this mean all of the DLC packs in Awakening are actually canon? Really? What if Infinite Regalia is canon? That's just stupid.

Why would Owain give up sword fighting? Actually, why would those three go to some random kingdom in the outrealms in the first place?

And, while they may think this is a cute way to explain Owain, Severa, and Inigo's knockoffs, it does nothing to explain Gaius's, Cordelia's, and Tharja's.

And finally - and this is a huge problem I've had from the start - why do they feel the need to recycle these characters in the first place? I know they were popular, but seriously?

Edited by Zachmac

The odd thing here is that now with that confirmation Lucina with her supportless Amiibo seems kind of shafted compared to those three. I wonder if actual DLC characters also will be supportless?

Edited by NeonZ

I doubt they're the ones from Awakening. Would be odd as it makes them canonically single and where are the others?

Maybe they came from the same timeline as Morgan?

Not!Cordelia though cannot have that as she's a child character.

Edited by Pretty_Handsome

I doubt they're the ones from Awakening. Would be odd as it makes them canonically single and where are the others?

Maybe they came from the same timeline as Morgan?

Not!Cordelia though cannot have that as she's a child character.

they're definitely the ones from Awakening's bad future. They reference going back in time and their Harvest Scramble conversation (Which is one of my favorites in that dlc pack). My theory on Not!Tharja and the others is that they are the ancestors of the characters from Awakening (Which opens up another can of worms).

Edited by AlphaZero

Which bad Future?

Morgan's?

Original?

Future's Past dlc?

Still doesn't example Severa's hair either.

At least Owain's hair and class can be explained via Robin being his father which makes sense as he has the Blood of Heroes.

Edited by Pretty_Handsome

Shara/Tharja is implied to be a reincarnation, although nothing confirmed and it's just teased unlike the 3 returning children who are pretty much stated to be the same characters from Awakening.

Which bad Future?

Morgan's?

Original?

Future's Past dlc?

Still doesn't example Severa's hair either.

At least Owain's hair and class can be explained via Robin being his father which makes sense as he has the Blood of Heroes.

They're the same ones from Lucina's future that then traveled to the past and joined Chrom's crew. Luna has her mother's ring, they even reference conversations from the 3 outrealm festival DLCs too. Their hair color is just their default one, from their official artwork, not meant to match any specific pairing. If you go play Future Past without pairing up the girls, those versions of themselves would have those hair colors.

Edited by NeonZ

So long as it stays as a thing in the side support conversations and not detrimental to the overall plot, I do not mind...

Well actually I sort of do, but it is there and nothing can be done...

Why revive Camus in Fire Emblem Gaiden? Why have the Whitewings travel to Valentia, or have an Archanean shop keeper appear in Tellius?

It's also because I don't really have an argument or anything to this... so yeah, can just express disappointment but not do much else. xD

I haven't played Gaiden, but there is a difference between continent-travel and (very, very stupid) world/time-travel.

Archanean shop keeper in tellius ? I actually don't see what you're talking about. You mean Anna ? She's the mascot and generally an easter egg, so...

I wonder how people reacted to Camus being alive, right now, I think it's pretty badass.

Edited by B.Leu

^ they mean the shop keeper not the secret-shop keeper in other games. And please explain this difference to me calling something stupid in parentheses does not automatically make it so.

I do find it kinda crazy that people think the worlds shouldn't be connected ingame in some way, because the worlds are obviously connected in some sense might as well give it form, camus/the white wings/anna/ the shopkeeper and the dragons gate set a precedent for dimensional travel and characters in other worlds.

Would be odd as it makes them canonically single and where are the others?

I'm more curious about what it says about their canon fathers. We already know Owain's has to be Robin, Henry, or Libra based on him being a Dark Mage. But I wonder if there are any other identifying features (class choice, skills, stat growth, supports) that would point the other two in a specific direction or help pinpoint Owain's.

I really have no words for how disappointed I am in this. I was disappointed enough in them existing in the first place, I'm not sure if this revelation makes the whole thing better or worse.

I'm leaning towards 'worse' because I can't see why these three who saved the world against Grima would work for Nohr. It just doesn't make sense.

I can live with the rest of the stupid fanservice, but stuff like this that muddles the timelines via Outrealm Gate shenanigans for the sake of fanservice is seriously annoying. I didn't like Priam and I really don't like this.

...oh well. I guess I can always play classic and just let them die if it bugs me that much! =w=

I am legitimately shocked that everyone's freaking out. Like, this isn't new. At all. Or isn't the most contrived (that honor goes to Camus). Most Fire Emblem game are connected by twos and threes so it's not surprise that Awakening and Fates are connected.

I'm more curious about what it says about their canon fathers. We already know Owain's has to be Robin, Henry, or Libra based on him being a Dark Mage. But I wonder if there are any other identifying features (class choice, skills, stat growth, supports) that would point the other two in a specific direction or help pinpoint Owain's.

Or the class fits him so he is of that class, samurai is in Hoshido plus the class has backstory that Owain doesn't match.It has to be a nohr class and Healing as a rod knight doesn't fit him at all, and does anyone want three mercenaries so only class left of lissas is sage and bing bang boom, sage-mage-dark mage, yay yay. Anyway his canon dad? Same boat as severa's as in he is in default mode and so is inigo so no Canon dads for you.

I want to wait to see if the case of the three Nots being the original is really that stupid, but right here, right now, I really want to facepalm, this is just... mindblowingly dumb, I dunno where to begin.

Still waiting for people to have hilarious reaction to it. I'm have to laugh a little. :p

^ they mean the shop keeper not the secret-shop keeper in other games. And please explain this difference to me calling something stupid in parentheses does not automatically make it so.
I do find it kinda crazy that people think the worlds shouldn't be connected ingame in some way, because the worlds are obviously connected in some sense might as well give it form, camus/the white wings/anna/ the shopkeeper and the dragons gate set a precedent for dimensional travel and characters in other worlds.

The shop keeper ? That's it ? Wow, it could've been something like the devs reusing designs, no ?

It's kind of like the Zelda timeline, it doesn't make any sense, and things were better without it, especially since said form is a stupid deux ex machina that make even less sense than the norm. The games are better separated, except if it's for an explicit sequel of course.

I'm sorry to say this, but yes the outrealm and world/time travel are stupid, it's been said thousand of time already by ton of people, and I don't have the patience (nor the english skills) to talk about it. It doesn't show a good side of me, but I'm sorry, and I fully assume it.

... Does people really need an explaination at why traveling between continent make more sense than time/world-travel though ?

Edited by B.Leu