Does the amount of fanservice bother you?

Chiki

565 members have voted

1. 1. Does it bother you?

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really have to wonder if the people who get offended by Camilla's outfit have any social interactions with females at all.

During 100 degree weather, I see girls wearing shorts as short as panties with crop tops or tank tops, and nobody bats an eye at them for the most part.

It's extremely commonplace.

And if it's simply because "well I think a wyvern rider should wear more clothes," I simply find that reasoning silly and sometimes hypocritical as well (when other girls wearing more revealing clothes are mentioned yet it is "justified" for them depending on their class).

You can see that it was probably made for a demographic. Just like how Nowi was most likely designed with a demographic in mind, Fire Emblem has a variety of designs to appeal to a group of audiences. If you simply do not like Camilla's design, move on to another girl. Don't just waste your energy on one character because you find a problem with the said character's element that is merely cosmetic.

Edit: I did not see, that was on the first page.

Edited by Donny Onion

You don't have to do all the fanservice stuff so you can play like any other fire emblem. Also, about that incest thing some people were against:

you're not related to anyone in Hoshido and Nohr because they are your adoptive brothers and sisters (In Nohr, you were kidnapped by Garon.)

Nintendo trying to gain new supporters of the series but it will piss off some people. Hey, you can't win everyone

Also the fact Im marrying Kamui to Camilla so fanservice it up!!

Well that's limiting the experience and time of the game. Say you buy Pokemon, and never play against friends, trade or battle online. You buy Smash and only play online or use ever 1 character and never try others. You're taking out content that was meant to be played with. Sure, I could choose one unit over the other, but I choose these characters again and again because I like strong units, like your goal maybe to keep swapping units to ship and S-Support. DLC 'is' an optional thing. But for an "optional" piece of content, that's a lot of far reaching consequences for limiting endgame and content.

Well that's limiting the experience and time of the game. Say you buy Pokemon, and never play against friends, trade or battle online. You buy Smash and only play online or use ever 1 character and never try others. You're taking out content that was meant to be played with. Sure, I could choose one unit over the other, but I choose these characters again and again because I like strong units, like your goal maybe to keep swapping units to ship and S-Support. DLC 'is' an optional thing. But for an "optional" piece of content, that's a lot of far reaching consequences for limiting endgame and content.

. . .and why is it a bad thing if I never, ever use Peach in Smash? Or don't bother to train a Bidoof?

Just because something is there doesn't mean I have to utilize it. I like being able to dictate my own experience, and if it means that Kamui's supports will take longer, so be it.

. . .and why is it a bad thing if I never, ever use Peach in Smash? Or don't bother to train a Bidoof?

Just because something is there doesn't mean I have to utilize it. I like being able to dictate my own experience, and if it means that Kamui's supports will take longer, so be it.

Something is there and I have a choice to utilize it; if I want to, I can, and if I don't want to, I don't have to. Freedom of choice; it's better just to leave it there and let the players decide what they want to do.

Edited by OhHaiThar

It truly matters when overcomes what is supposed to be in essence: a strategic game (with some little RPG touch most times).

And for all what a gamer's sake can expect from Fire emblem is to be good enough about that. The rest is more or less as a filler, but sitll important enough to bring any short of progress for the series' sake and evolution (deeper story and more character development value, my castle mode, improved multiplayer with online mode [HALLELUJAH], crafting system, recruiting system (with a couple of good 'reasons' *wink wink Orochi*), improved streetpass and few etcs.).

What I am saying is, despite of the more shameless incest is shown here comparing with Awakening, is not that terrible. Of course it goes two steps forward, but at least there isn't, say, pure purely nudism at all. There are worst games about that.

... What most bothers me are some 'suggestive' lines some characters mutter when you rub them (in the face?)

What's the point in playing a game where you 'catch 'em all' and don't catch a single one.

^wow thanks for insulting all those Pokemon players who don't catch that many Pokemon. Seriously i normally end up using mostly my starter and gift Pokemon and of course the legend down the line , only real reason i catch things was to have a full party or for HM slaves, i do catch things eventually to complete the dexes, but that was mostly my completionist talking it was hardly the point of the series.

And honestly do you really use and like every pokemon, i am a big-time Pokemon fan but i can't say there are not crap designs in every gen, but i love each gen overall anyway, and from my understanding eclispe is saying not liking a line of pokemon doesn't destroy the game, as if you don't like bidoof don't catch/or use one. and honestly catching one is mostly useless if you can't complete the whole dex anyway. So yes most evolutionary lines of pokemon are optional, and disliking a pokemon just means you dislike it, only reason to even see most pokemon is when you fight them, and that gives you the opportunity to beat it to a pulp anyway.

I think Ironically, part of the blame for this debate comes from how the support-system was changed.

When FE7 was released, I don't think I ever got any of the pair endings. I was 8 or 9 years old, and wasn't really aware of the support conversations beyond Sain and Kent, and Lyn and Kent and that's really only because you spend a LOT of time with those three units.

The old system had harsher pre-requisites to fulfill and it wasn't as obvious how you did it.

But Awakening and now Fates, tells you right off the bat that sticking people next to each other does good things, and makes it very easy to observe change and growth in Support Ranks. It also carries a walking neon sign reminding you of it by rewarding you with the children characters. The actual advancement of the supports is easier too, the conversations don't happen mid-battle, and you're not restricted to 5 conversations per character per run. This means you get more of the conversations in a single run, which means you're seeing them a lot more often.

Which means while you might have been able to avoid the full degree of a poorly written character in the older games (worst case scenario, you're only seeing them 5 times) in Awakening and Fates the problem is more obvious because they have a larger number of conversations to go through.

Need more proof?

Do a run in Awakening where you're a character can only support 5 times. In order for a character to marry, they need 4 ranks. That means every character gets ONE conversation with a person of their choice whether its parent/child/other potential spouse/friend. Just one. The dimensions of the character (or lack there of) are hidden from you because you only get to see their interactions with one character.

As for the amount of sexy time stuff like the bath house, or FE Amie, it's not something I ever thought to put in FE. I think of the gameplay and strategy first (and I'd like them to sort of better nail down a consistent system between games). I'm not against it, per say, and I think a little bit has always sort of been there (the dancers for starters) but Awakening and Fates are more obvious and less shameful about having it and showing it.

I'd like for there to be more world-building (or rather explaining) stuff like What exactly are the Lucina and Robin amiibo's relationship with the "real" Lucina and Robin? Why can't we explore this in Supports with Luna, Odin and Lazward? How did Tharja reincarnate? How is the world of FE14 connected to FE13 and by extension FE9/10. We don't really have any maps of Tellius that point to an obvious point of connection to Valm, Ylisse, and the others and there's no obvious point of connection to Nohr and Hoshido from those either. That is the kind of fan service that needs to be in the game. Answer my questions first, then put in the abs and butts if you want. I have the internet for sexy people if I need it, but only your game is going to explain what happens to Soren if Ike is now some mythical war hero.

What's the point in playing a game where you 'catch 'em all' and don't catch a single one.

Speed runs, for one. And these are people who know the game far better than you or I do.

The world isn't black and white - I can choose some shade of gray, and be perfectly content with that. Therefore, I'll catch things that interest me, and turn the Bidoofs into hatchling experience points. Likewise, I don't need to delve into every single bit of My Castle to enjoy Fates, and I probably won't (unless I'm doing some sort of insane timed run where I need to get supports earlier than normal).

The travesty is when the player can no longer choose a shade of gray that they like.

^wow thanks for insulting all those Pokemon players who don't catch that many Pokemon. Seriously i normally end up using mostly my starter and gift Pokemon and of course the legend down the line , only real reason i catch things was to have a full party or for HM slaves, i do catch things eventually to complete the dexes, but that was mostly my completionist talking it was hardly the point of the series.

And honestly do you really use and like every pokemon, i am a big-time Pokemon fan but i can't say there are not crap designs in every gen, but i love each gen overall anyway, and from my understanding eclispe is saying not liking a line of pokemon doesn't destroy the game, as if you don't like bidoof don't catch/or use one. and honestly catching one is mostly useless if you can't complete the whole dex anyway. So yes most evolutionary lines of pokemon are optional, and disliking a pokemon just means you dislike it, only reason to even see most pokemon is when you fight them, and that gives you the opportunity to beat it to a pulp anyway.

I didn't insult. It was an actual question. Don't twist my words.