Rey's FE:if Translation Playthrough

shadowofchaos

I will play through the game first in Japanese, and while the translation thread is working on menus, they can feel free to edit my translations of this playthrough for the story when they work on that.

I will be providing my translation files for each chapter with each video.

I am essentially editing the chapter files from the translation patch, not for my followers, but for Belinda.

So she can enjoy the game with me.

Please note, I will be referring to everything using their "weeb" names.

If you are going to contribute my translations on this playthrough in that patch, you MUST proofread and re-edit names.

Such as "Hoshido" from "Byakuya" and "Nohr" from "Anya".

Note: This will *AFTER* I play through the game and enjoy it first.

For right now, have a subbed video of what I couldn't stop myself from sharing, because I "D'awww"'ed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=75&v=OWYjWHzs6V4

Post Reserve.

(Let me triple post at least please)

If you guys want to see my reactions and "quick summary translations" (like one or two sentences in a scene) on my first playthrough, you can look at my tumblr and click the "#rey plays fe14" tag.

http://shadowofchaos725.tumblr.com/tagged/rey-plays-fe14

Like me freaking out over how much I'm attached to Mikoto, already.

Like I almost teared up when she showed Kamui his room.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Godspeed Rey, you are the one that responsible for getting me hopping onto the Awakening's hype train with your Awakening's videos and also getting into the waifus stuffs, now with Fates too? You sure you don't want a donation page for all the stuffs you done for the community?

Edited by Awakener_

You sure you don't want a donation page for all the stuffs you done for the community?

It's freaking tempting... but I'm using tools and resources by other people in the community as well.

It wouldn't be fair to get donations for using SciresM's program.

Or at least, that's what I feel about it.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'm confused, just what is going to be translated?

Sorry for being blind as well. Which game are you playing first?

Story chapters.

I'm translating the dialogue like I did for the Awakening LP.

Except it's easier because I don't have to worry about timings in video editing.

I can just edit the text file and recompile the ROM.

Play the chapter. Record.

And you guys can enjoy.

As tempting as it is I probably won't watch them for fear of spoilers and I'm waiting for the Western release but best of luck to you and godspeed on playing it through and translating it all at the same time.

Edited by LordTaco42

It's almost enough to make a man religious; it's occasionally frustrating to play through the game with a poor understanding of Japanese, so I'll definitely check your videos out, Rey. Thank you for all your hard work.

頑張ってください!

Your LP was what convinced me to buy Awakening and get back into Fire Emblem. I know translating can be a pain, especially if you want to do it quickly, so please enjoy the game! Your efforts are really appreciated!

Whelp, that's pretty cool, I always loved your translated playthroughs !

Spoiler ? What's that ? :p

Again, many, many thanks to you !

Hey Rey

Gonna stream this one or just post videos? I wouldn't mind livening up a live chat if you're gonna have one up and running

Regardless, you always have my respect, good sir

Your awakening stuff was really great. Looking forward to the bits and pieces of this one. I may peel off near the end of chapter 5 since I'm mainly interested in the build-up to the choice, but I'll see.

Thanks for translating!

You are bae. Thanks so much for your hard work <3 Otherwise I would be stuck, as I am now, picking out kanji that I know from my Chinese background and making guesses at the rest.

Thanks for your hard work. Not only a playthrough by a veteren, but also a translation?! This community sure is lucky to have you be a part of it. I really hope this doesn't suck out the fun of the glorious first playthrough for you.

Must.... Resist......

Dammit I want to watch, but I don't want to spoil myself XD I want to wait until I get the game here myself!

But still, it's pretty impressive the stuff you do, playing, editing and translating. You sure are dedicated!