Moniker plays The Reckoning

TheMoniker

What Should we do with this LP!?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. It's starting to get kinda boring...

• Cancel it. NEVER TOUCH IT AGAIN. EVER.
    • Do everything else ever first, then dredge it up again when you don't have any pressing hacks to play.
    • Do one of the two hacks lined up first(GhebFE/Requiem), then come back in-between and finish this.
    • KEEP GOING! I WANT TO SEE IF JAFFAR SAVES YOU!
    • I CAN'T DECIDE, BUT I WANT TO EASILY SEE THE RESULTS
    • Moniker is awesome!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

exposing them to this hack may make them want to play it which is the opposite of what the people who have had their art stolen would want. i also believe these people that have had their art stolen has not made any complaints because they normally don't frequent this section and probably don't even remember the name of the hack. but idk, you're not breaking any rules. i'm not telling you to stop your LP because you can do whatever you want. it just feels wrong to me, and i felt like voicing that concern.

yeah it's kind of bothering me seeing my stuff(the female berserker's portrait is mine, made by lumi), but eh not really much I can do since I didn't even know this piece of shit existed

so carry on i guess, maybe i'll find out more interesting stuff

shit son I love plagiarism

naiOxEf.png

especially when the battle sprite doesn't match the stolen face sprite

mmmm now that's delicious inconsistency

What are you talking about? Grass is green, and bluegrass is clearly a thing. I see no inconsistencies at all.

Edited by Klokinator

exposing them to this hack may make them want to play it which is the opposite of what the people who have had their art stolen would want. i also believe these people that have had their art stolen has not made any complaints because they normally don't frequent this section and probably don't even remember the name of the hack. but idk, you're not breaking any rules. i'm not telling you to stop your LP because you can do whatever you want. it just feels wrong to me, and i felt like voicing that concern.

Okay, I can understand what you're saying. I don't want this thing to get much traffic either, but I kind of see it a different way; if I play it, nobody else has to play it out of curiosity, because they KNOW how terrible it is!

Would have loved doing a ragefest submission... If I knew how to event.

Maybe I should read Blazer's tutorial, because I have the ideas, but I'm not that good at hacking.

The reckoning is weird.

The author didn't steal the mugs on purpose, she just wanted to use what she liked. Though it's kinda stealing. This hack feels weird.

Not that I don't enjoy seeing you playing it.

Yeah, looking at the topic, the reason this was terrible was more of carelessness rather than anything else. But, the reason why I was told to remove the introduction was because we don't want to shit on the hack author too much, so we probably shouldn't go beyond that.

at that 'you were secretly CIA" line i thought "Bane?"

which then i thought of Cia walking up to you and saying "Dr.Monkier? I'm CIA"

Criminal Investigation Agency!? YOU CAN'T PROVE ANYTHING!

*jumps out nearby window*

Quite likely. Now to do the last of enemy placement and inventories, as well as main eventing tomorrow. I should be done with the hack in a few days :p

Good luck!

yeah it's kind of bothering me seeing my stuff(the female berserker's portrait is mine, made by lumi), but eh not really much I can do since I didn't even know this piece of shit existed

so carry on i guess, maybe i'll find out more interesting stuff

You owned the female berserker portrait? It's pretty good! I'll edit it into the first update, along with Cloud's thing.

naiOxEf.png

Yeah, now that I look at it... wow.

Wait, I thought both the face sprite and the animation were stolen from A Sacred Dawn... does that mean they were from different sources? DO I HAVE TO DO TRACKING DOWN?

The Reckoning: Episode 3: Chapter 13: The author liked TLP

AmQT6gQ.png

They're bandits!

flDlRU6.png

qe6bBiu.png

No changed map. I think assuming any maps are changed at all would be wrong. I'd be shocked if the author even messed with enemy placement.

Z52F8Iw.png

"HEY! I'M BETRAYING YOU! DON'T MURDER ME PLEASE!"

tXBdPHN.png

"WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THIS TO ME?"

PbDvCkb.png

Joke's on you! Worms are DIRTIVORES!

6qCtG61.png

Dudes everywhere... in a moment we'll be seeing-

JFsXqJL.png

Uh... Tekun? Yeah, Tekun, from The Last Promise, made by Crimson Red! So, that's THREE characters from TLP, one of which is the main lord!

nmgRRpC.png

*woman

gjJyupl.png

Looks normal, but before we can really get started, we have to look at the new people!

dWe7pwD.pngkXI4AWX.pnggkFqxD6.png

Hey... with this, we'll have one character named Serra... and another named Sierra! How are people NOT supposed to get them mixed up?

Either way, Serra's definitely received a buff, but I think we'll be "applying as needed" until we see what's become of Priscilla.

(60 use heal staves...)

xqdRd74.pngVqvSIez.pngFW71pV9.png

Our other newcomer is Kitty, who luckily has not been "description defiled". Her stats are still the same, and since the enemies are all super-buffed, she SUCKS, even worse than Kelik!

Still, we have nowhere else to turn for a thief, and won't for a good while... I have to train her, unfortunately.

AKA2HKt.png

So much defense...

knafmFo.pngX5Dkv2c.pngFmxu7VV.png

The only other important enemy, TEKUN! He actually seems like a good myrmidon, Guy with hard mode buffs making him super... but I don't think I'll be using him. I have the feeling we'll get OP-er characters as time goes on.

And, character defilement wasn't done to JUST the ladies! Gender equality!

L8y0J2t.png

Let's not delay here.

LAmsIlN.png

Klein takes on the initial enemy assault!

pc1GLTK.png

AND PROFITS!

AJOaN12.png

Kelik started out terrible, but we MIGHT be able to make something out of him... If he gets strength, that is.

gbGPtnF.png

Come ON!

HxCwF2l.png

At least he's boxed in... Oswin will weaken him, then--

mGbImY9.png

Oh, come on! Enemies get the benefits of buffed vulneraries too, so this is NOT a good thing!

zEE5YgN.png

Ahh! The bandit! GO, KITTY!

8hOFs5c.png

Serra's animation... is that Tamiko's from TLP? Or changed at all? I can't quite tell...

Y9GJmZX.png

WORST. THIEF. EVER.

XzsSeoX.png

Emergency button is go. Probably won't be using it, however...

etniPd9.png

Bad news: Reinforcements!

HEBrals.pngZW1Uera.png

Good news: Merlinus confirmed!

uUZY5BM.png

Wow, Sol, I was wrong about you! Keep it up and you'll be fantastic!

DodYDFv.png

At the moment, you're kind of our only real option for pounding this massive amount of soldiers.

g8iZa0N.png

Say it with me, will you all?

SCREW.

THIEF.

BANDITS.

(And Kitty's on the other side of the map...)

k38OAmG.png

Torches were buffed. Prepare to be useful, Kitty!

eQwV6Xg.png

Go! Sol! Go! Sol!

MzMVeNM.png

Oh, hey! 2-range weapons have been buffed! Because they REALLY NEEDED IT!

(sarcasm, seriously... I can understand nerfing them, but giving them great hit?)

5KFnDV2.png

Tentative Tekun luring strategy? We'll see how it works out...

3cyrqnB.png

Kelik's fine, phew! Of course, there's no way 0% crit is right. I was gonna investigate with weapons and stuff, but I forgot. Maybe it has something to do with Kelik's emblem blade?

KZX3ufU.png

WAIT NO KELIK STOP HE'S-too late.

arewsFd.png

Whatever, he's still alive.

0IoEbYn.png

Amidst the mistakes and laziness, I realized something; Tekun here was down on his like, caught trying to steal by some random lady, who was probably even younger than now at the time... I don't know, something seems wrong about it. It was fine with Matthew and Guy, sure, but gender double standards change EVERYTHING!

bhtuE8D.png

Either way, he's on our team now!

RnA88lB.png

All that's left is the boss's SOLDIER ARMY! Only one person is up to the task... SOL!

ZAzUErI.png

Meanwhile, the top group approaches from the top!

DSxh7dI.png

Yeah, we're going to wait for Priscilla before deciding anything.

nUJgDqK.png

These. Are. SOLDIERS. Why couldn't you have buffed Kitty, maker? WHY!?

xNxq8Wf.pngJYwvHMs.pngPqSl3gd.png

Everyone gets levels. Except Kitty, who's looking nearly untrainable at this point.

QQQHPcw.png

Boies comes out...

3Xi4Po9.png

INTO HIS DEATH!

(Yeah, the Wolf Beil is super effective.)

6UznCBN.png

Sol is so much better than Kelik it's not even funny.

gIjX7qd.pnge2xR2lq.png

Throne seized, cryptic information received...

kveWdRv.pngnlZ63FA.png

Let's leave!

I thought it might be best if you cataloged how much stuff was stolen and from where... let's make a list!

The Last Promise: 3 characters

Dream of Five: 2-3 characters

Elibian Nights: 1 character

Chocolate Kitty: 1 character

Final Fantasy 7, apparently: 1 character

Unchanged characters from FE7: 2

FEeditor animation collection thread: 4-5 animations

Tell me if I made any mistakes!

naiOxEf.png

She's from Sacred Dawn?

There was also a character in Dream of Five with the exact same portrait. The mercenary called Inari, if I remember correctly.

Edit: I've noticed only now that lots of portraits from different hacks are reused.

Edited by Mister CatTeaDawn

She's from Sacred Dawn?

There was also a character in Dream of Five with the exact same portrait. The mercenary called Inari, if I remember correctly.

Edit: I've noticed only now that lots of portraits from different hacks are reused.

Yeah that portrait belongs to Inari from Dream of Five, no relation to ASD or Julie's animation there whatsoever.

Yeah that portrait belongs to Inari from Dream of Five, no relation to ASD or Julie's animation there whatsoever.

Oh wow, I saw the animation and assumed, but I was totally wrong. Huh.

seems like the killing edge got its 30% crit taken away

Actually no, the Killing Edge is normal, no idea why the crit was 0 there.

The Reckoning: Episode 4: Chapter 13x: Fog Masks Patheticness

bjCykjk.png

I can believe it!

3Ss3YGb.png

Time to GET A CONVOY!

dusu2CV.png

She's probably very happy living her STOLEN life!

0S3ndxv.png1oqCf32.png

Not to worry Merlinus, the freelance bandit-killing squad is here!

Mirt2iY.png

Just... stop squealing...

Nhw0bIY.png

Okay, okay. There's no new playable characters in this chapter, so things will probably be relatively ordinary. Except for the super buff bandits...

QVIC1h0.png

Merlinus has buffed HP and... magic?

E634L0e.png

Well, would you look at that.

vyt4ze3.png

Kitty sucks SO BAD.

fXHugzI.pngHRk7w8g.png

She will be our illuminator instead!

dh5JwhI.pngvA94IN1.pngCwFBjIn.png

SNAG DESTRUCTION COMMENSE!

Z2GNaKB.png

Kitty actually gets a level!

mM1eVFn.png

And it's ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!

a66o1hJ.png2wHSape.png

We reveal our boss. He doesn't seem to have changed much.

8c1EBM4.pngEjwSeuz.png

Sol does a fighter crit using his OPness! Seriously, this guy is way better than Kelik!

svLxrFg.png

Enemy attack squad... unfortunately, they won't be making it to Merlinus.

0NHC7mh.png

Not to worry, village! Klein will save you!

aJO2DjP.png

What? ALREADY?

fcv1G5x.png

I wonder if the author changed supports at all? ...No, probably not...

cIz4Ze3.png

Javelins are BETTER than iron lances now. In hit, at least. It's crazy.

muWnaSO.png

Jeez, Klein! When it comes to the offense side of the stat chart, you now match our crutch character!

Uf1qh4R.png

Really, having OP prepromotes who might not even be crutch characters as much as totally viable units... well, let's just say this hack is hardly challenging.

vy5QuU2.png

Oh wow, the iron axe's hit got buffed! I wonder if the other weapons got buffed to match it?

axWB1B8.png

The Reckoning: The hack where axes have more hit than lances, while lances have received no other buffs! No wonder Kitty can't dodgetank, it's not entirely her fault!

aSbSpI0.png

FIRION!!!

5pWEiys.png

Village saved, money gotten! We're so rich now, 15000...

ShrRU2B.pngOGkTvXp.png

I feel like Sol and Klein are going to be out ultimate OP team of OP OPness. I don't think I can support them though...

mq7v6B2.png

Tekun weakens, Kitty kills!

7goXnYT.png

Speed is good, but you need strength and defenses!

anVsRPe.png

Where's he hiding? Puzon's the only one left on the map...

9RiyId4.png4xK0zX1.png

*I've, Puzon, I've.

IcfKHzS.png

Defense! Still nowhere near as good as Sol though...

hsEa9qX.png

And we're done!

EllWbIf.png

We will never see you again.

BW8CnmJ.png

Squealing merchant saved!

Also, I HAVE to see what's become of Uther... oh well, it won't be that long from now.

xZenvaf.png

Sure, whatever.

k7hOCZt.png

Well, that wasn't so bad! Next chapter, though... lots of enemies and new characters... expect crazy things!

STOLEN CHARACTERS LIST:

Dream of Five: 3-4 characters

The Last Promise: 3 characters

Elibian Nights: 1 character

Chocolate Kitty: 1 character

Final Fantasy 7, apparently: 1 character

Unchanged characters from FE7: 3

FEeditor animation collection thread: 4-5 animations

A Sacred Dawn: 1 animation

Edited by TheMoniker

huh

i guess we can guessing the stolen art into somewhat of a game to make light of the situation. this could be interesting.

Edited by jetbeamcantmeltsteelfuel

That was by MY request. Yes, the hack author's actions were awful. The thread speaks for itself, and if that doesn't do the trick, Moniker's running list of "things that were nicked without permission" should.

huh

i guess we can guessing the stolen art into somewhat of a game to make light of the situation. this could be interesting.

I think it would be useful to document what was stolen, and from who.

. . .or we can turn it into a drinking game of sorts. But I suggest using something like soda, because anything more potent will probably warrant a trip to the hospital.

i don't think midnight sun was out when this was made

It sort-of was. . .

Welp, I'll start

C11:

Sol = Crowe from DoF, mug by team DoF, not sure who exactly made it since Lumi/ALS/Amelia all did mugs.

Kelik = Stolen from TLP, not sure who made the mug, but I don't think it was Blazer. I don't know him as a spriter. Possible Nayr? Idk who made the animation for Kelik as well

Klein = I'm pretty sure he is from DoF. He wasn't a character introduced, but he is in the game as a unit you receive later. I think his name is Vincent and Amelia sprited him

Amelia = Stolen from DoF as well, Amelia sprited her

Cloud = Not sure where this is from

Granite = Was made by Lumi for kitty, not sure where the animation is from. I want to say it was Seph1212 but idk

C12

Sol = Crowe from DoF, animation by MK404.

"Serra" = Fluer from DoF

Kitty = Cia from TLP, mug made by Blazer I think. He did a tutorial with that same mug on this channel so many years back.

C13

Tekun = Tekun from TLP, mug made by DH_Ninja, animation made by DH_Ninja

Others = I spy the DS knight and Tellius Fighter animations as well, both made by MK404