Character Hate Thread

Minischew

Least Favorite FE:Fates Character  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your least favorite male shared character?

• Asyura
    • Gunter
    • Izana
    • Jakob
    • Kamui (M)
    • Kaze
    • Silas
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite female shared character?

• Azura
    • Felicia
    • Kamui (F)
    • Mozume
  3. 3. Who is your least favorite male Hoshidan/Nohrian? (max. 3)

• Asama
    • Hinata
    • Nishiki
    • Ryoma
    • Saizou
    • Subaki
    • Takumi
    • Tsukuyomi
    • Yukimura
    • Arthur
    • Benoit
    • Flannel
    • Lazward
    • Leo
    • Odin
    • Xander
    • Zero
  4. 4. Who is your least favorite female Hoshidan/Nohrian? (max. 3)

• Crimson
    • Hana
    • Hinoka
    • Kagerou
    • Oboro
    • Orochi
    • Rinkah
    • Sakura
    • Setsuna
    • Yuugiri
    • Berka
    • Camilla
    • Charlotte
    • Effie
    • Elise
    • Flora
    • Luna
    • Nyx
    • Pieri
  5. 5. Who is your least favorite child character? (max. 3)

• Deere
    • Kanna (M)
    • Kanna (F)
    • Midoriko
    • Shigure
    • Sophie
    • Gurei
    • Hisame
    • Kinu
    • Kisaragi
    • Matoi
    • Mitama
    • Shinonome
    • Syalla
    • Eponine
    • Foleo
    • Ignis
    • Lutz
    • Ophelia
    • Siegbert
    • Soleil
    • Velour

I just read Kamui/Kazahana support. Holy crap, zero respect from that girl, the support is literally about her being an annoying twat and Kamui trying to say sorry for no reason, or rather, for 'offending' her, but that's the same BS-bag that don't make sense.

Straight to the waifu-trash can, unless she give awesome stats to Kanna.

Edited by B.Leu

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Kamui-sexuals not getting any love. I guess it's their fault for joining late and not having many supports.

Most likely, though at least there are some (Flora namely) who aren't getting much hate, and in fact, a lot of love.

Honestly, I don't have much against Silas/Cyrus hell I'm planning on marrying him in one of my runs. But, he is one of the blandest shared characters. He doesn't have much of a personality outside of being super nice to everyone and being insanely devoted to Kamui. And the Joker hate is kind of unfair,because at least he has an interesting personality in my opinion.

i know this is a 'character hate thread' but still, im kinda shocked to know a lot of people dislike some of the shared characters, one or the other. imo they're all great in their own way. ah well, to each of their own i guess. though im actually interested to know why for some of them..

Edited by Cross

i know this is a 'character hate thread' but still, im kinda shocked to know a lot of people dislike some of the shared characters, one or the other. imo they're all great in their own way. ah well, to each of their own i guess. though im actually interested to know why for some of them....

Anyone in particular you're curious about?

Anyone in particular you're curious about?

mostly 4, really. joker, felicia, gunther and cyrus. but at the same time i can also kinda get why people dislike cyrus and joker, but i also wonder why they dislike those two strongly.

mostly 4, really. joker, felicia, gunther and cyrus. but at the same time i can also kinda get why people dislike cyrus and joker, but i also wonder why they dislike those two strongly.

Felicia I can answer. She's a clumsy moeblob character with a grating voice and no development or any personality besides the fact she's "adorable" and clumsy. It's such a played out trope it's annoying.

To me the explanations are rather simple.

Joker: people think he's a bit too much of an asshole in most of his supports, especially with his son. As a result, his S-ranks are often even more sudden than a lot of other characters', since he's pretty much insulting them until they marry him. I rather liked the idea of him being a bit of an ass to people who weren't Kamui, but they went overboard, if you want my opinion.

Felicia: she can support every single first generation male, Kazahana, Pieri and Flora, and i believe only two of those supports DON'T focus on her being a clumsy maid, but it's still mentioned. Her voice has also received a lot of criticism, and I don't blame them - most female characters have a frustrating voice, and I had to stop playing for a few days because my ears hurt. I'm not even joking.

Silas: there are already so many characters that revolve around Kamui, so he just feels superfluous. He's nice, and he's loyal, and that's pretty much it. The whole childhood friend thing falls fairly flat, too, since Kamui doesn't even remember him at first. He's just got nothing to offer that others don't already.

Gunther: probably the hardest of the bunch, but I haven't seen a lot of people straight up complain about him. In fact, people seem to love his support with Kamui (at least C-A). Honestly, I don't care about him one bit though, since he doesn't exactly have much of a personality or a presence in the game. Minor third path spoiler:

it doesn't help that he can't support anyone in the third path, either.

To be honest, I think some people just picked Gunter because he wasn't as visually appealing. Old characters generally aren't the most popular, haha.

While we're on this subject, can I ask why Hinata has so many votes?

Edited by Minischew

To be honest, I think some people just picked Gunter because he wasn't as visually appealing. Old characters generally aren't the most popular, haha.

Here's my professional opinion:

I hate how he looks, and he's literally Naruto.

Because he is a bad unit. Bad units will always get hate no matter how good the character is. (I don't dislike or like him though)

Edited by RadiantDragon

To me the explanations are rather simple.

Joker: people think he's a bit too much of an asshole in most of his supports, especially with his son. As a result, his S-ranks are often even more sudden than a lot of other characters', since he's pretty much insulting them until they marry him. I rather liked the idea of him being a bit of an ass to people who weren't Kamui, but they went overboard, if you want my opinion.

Felicia: she can support every single first generation male, Kazahana, Pieri and Flora, and i believe only two of those supports DON'T focus on her being a clumsy maid, but it's still mentioned. Her voice has also received a lot of criticism, and I don't blame them - most female characters have a frustrating voice, and I had to stop playing for a few days because my ears hurt. I'm not even joking.

Silas: there are already so many characters that revolve around Kamui, so he just feels superfluous. He's nice, and he's loyal, and that's pretty much it. The whole childhood friend thing falls fairly flat, too, since Kamui doesn't even remember him at first. He's just got nothing to offer that others don't already.

Gunther: probably the hardest of the bunch, but I haven't seen a lot of people straight up complain about him. In fact, people seem to love his support with Kamui (at least C-A). Honestly, I don't care about him one bit though, since he doesn't exactly have much of a personality or a presence in the game. Minor third path spoiler:

it doesn't help that he can't support anyone in the third path, either.

all under a spoiler because a lot of text and maaaybe some spoilers

also if im not wording any of this right, then i really do apologize. english is not exactly my first language.

i can understand joker's rudeness might be a turn-off for some people, but in his supports with aqua, sakura and elise he was actually rather nice to them. with nyx, he was even rather mellow and somewhat protective. i wouldn't say he insults and/or hates EVERYONE. but yeah they did go overboard with his personality, i guess.

but what i dont understand was that in the thread, people were calling him worse than tharja. i still dont comprehend how serving someone because its your job and this person basically saved you from being thrown out and sparring with your adult son who you have trained with before (and by the a-support, actually states he enjoyed spending time with his father) is considered worse than stalking someone because of lust and basically screwing with your daughter mentally and experimenting curses on her, present and future (and also how she mentions she was happy when her father told tharja to stop). but then again, everyone has their own reasons i suppose, and its very important to keep those people's reasons in mind.

felicia's voice is rather grating, i can admit that. though i didnt know how grating it was. (hopefully the localization will fix that) but she's a decent character.i just wish they didnt focus on her clumsiness that much. what can you do i guess otl

also im a bit upset people dont care about gunther xD he's actually really cool and his death in the third path made me super upset ngl D:

Edited by Kreuz

that makes me sad <xD i like his character otl

yeah, i wonder why. i didnt care much for him at first either but when i read his supports i actually got interested in him D:

that makes me sad <xD i like his character otl

yeah, i wonder why. i didnt care much for him at first either but when i read his supports i actually got interested in him D:

[spoiler=Not Actually a Spoiler and Not Really that Related to the Topic]For the longest time, I thought Gunter was Kamui's biological dad. Someone had called him as such in a thread, and I was really upset because I thought I had been spoiled.

...But then I realized you could marry Gunter, and I figured IS wouldn't go that far with incest.

[spoiler=Not Actually a Spoiler and Not Really that Related to the Topic]For the longest time, I thought Gunter was Kamui's biological dad. Someone had called him as such in a thread, and I was really upset because I thought I had been spoiled.

...But then I realized you could marry Gunter, and I figured IS wouldn't go that far with incest.

yeesh, if that was the case, then i would have been very concerned, really. (actually, im still concerned that you can even do that to begin with, really.)

third route spoiler maybe and also nothing to do with the topic

iirc, the only one that is actually related to you is aqua, and i am still disappointed about that ughhhh

Edited by Cross

This might sound a touch harsh but I'm starting to really dislike Hoshido as a whole?? I'm so over how perfect and unerring they are. Yes I will admit that many of the characters from Nohr are in a bit of a moral grey zone but at least they're more believable as people. I'm going to play Nohr and kill as many Hoshidans as possible. I'm so tired of them all.

I miss when IS made us think about the countries, instead of just giving us a simple plot like "okay here is the good kingdom with peg knights and here is the bad kingdom with wyvern knights raaawr" :0

This might sound a touch harsh but I'm starting to really dislike Hoshido as a whole?? I'm so over how perfect and unerring they are. Yes I will admit that many of the characters from Nohr are in a bit of a moral grey zone but at least they're more believable as people. I'm going to play Nohr and kill as many Hoshidans as possible. I'm so tired of them all.

I miss when IS made us think about the countries, instead of just giving us a simple plot like "okay here is the good kingdom with peg knights and here is the bad kingdom with wyvern knights raaawr" :0

Have you read some of the Hoshido characters supports?

They are actually a pretty messed up bunch.

Granted they are still presented as the morally correct side, but the characters are far from unerring.

And the whole "good" and "evil" countries have been in many Fire Emblems, this is far from the first time.

Edited by Water Mage

Have you read some of the Hoshido characters supports?

They are actually a pretty messed up bunch.

Granted they are still presented as the morally correct side, but the characters are far from unerring.

And the whole "good" and "evil" countries have been in many Fire Emblems, this is far from the first time.

I suppose it's not so much the characters as it is the presentation of the country itself. I'm still going to play Hoshido eventually :P Perhaps it'll seem different when actually playing the game.

Well, if you're curious...

Aqua suffers from a lot of racism at Hoshido, and the whole reason she joins at Nohr is because some Hoshidans used Kamui's betrayal as an excuse to exile her and even if you side with Hoshido, some Hoshidans sends assasins to kill her simply for being Nohrian, and Mikoto isn't there to protect her anymore

Still, this is something I already said in another thread and it has been proven that is a very weak agurment (And I'll fully admit that it is)

To be honest, I feel I shouldn't be using this argument, since those plot points I said are only mentioned in passing and only once in the entire game...

But I felt I should at least give you an anwser.

Edited by Water Mage

Well, if you're curious...

Aqua suffers from a lot of racism at Hoshido, and the whole reason she joins at Nohr is because some Hoshidans used Kamui's betrayal as an excuse to exile her and even if you side with Hoshido, some Hoshidans sends assasins to kill her simply for being Nohrian, and Mikoto isn't there to protect her anymore

Still, this is something I already said in another thread and it has been proven that is a very weak agurment (And I'll fully admit that it is)

To be honest, I feel I shouldn't be using this argument, since those plot points I said are only mentioned in passing and only once in the entire game...

But I felt I should at least give you an anwser.

Oh wow! I actually had no idea, thank you so much! That really does kind of help grey things up a little for me. (Also I had no idea why Aqua joins Nohr so that's not such a terrible reason tbh)