Character Hate Thread

Minischew

Least Favorite FE:Fates Character  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your least favorite male shared character?

• Asyura
    • Gunter
    • Izana
    • Jakob
    • Kamui (M)
    • Kaze
    • Silas
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite female shared character?

• Azura
    • Felicia
    • Kamui (F)
    • Mozume
  3. 3. Who is your least favorite male Hoshidan/Nohrian? (max. 3)

• Asama
    • Hinata
    • Nishiki
    • Ryoma
    • Saizou
    • Subaki
    • Takumi
    • Tsukuyomi
    • Yukimura
    • Arthur
    • Benoit
    • Flannel
    • Lazward
    • Leo
    • Odin
    • Xander
    • Zero
  4. 4. Who is your least favorite female Hoshidan/Nohrian? (max. 3)

• Crimson
    • Hana
    • Hinoka
    • Kagerou
    • Oboro
    • Orochi
    • Rinkah
    • Sakura
    • Setsuna
    • Yuugiri
    • Berka
    • Camilla
    • Charlotte
    • Effie
    • Elise
    • Flora
    • Luna
    • Nyx
    • Pieri
  5. 5. Who is your least favorite child character? (max. 3)

• Deere
    • Kanna (M)
    • Kanna (F)
    • Midoriko
    • Shigure
    • Sophie
    • Gurei
    • Hisame
    • Kinu
    • Kisaragi
    • Matoi
    • Mitama
    • Shinonome
    • Syalla
    • Eponine
    • Foleo
    • Ignis
    • Lutz
    • Ophelia
    • Siegbert
    • Soleil
    • Velour

One of the things I hate seeing the most is someone going onto a post and suddenly stirring up unnecessary opposition. But at the same time, I'm also aware that people like to rant; I mean, I shit on characters/concepts all the time too, lmao.

So instead of posting character hate (e.g. Oh, what do people find so attractive about Character X? He's too naive, and I think he needs to get a reality check), why not just make a thread for it? Just come and rant all you want here instead of raining on other people's parades.

The only thing I'd recommend is spoiler tagging your hate, so that people don't end up reading character hate for their favorite or whatever. But then again, this is a character hate thread, so that's not entirely necessary.

EDIT: A bunch of people keep pointing out that rather than hating a character, they dislike a character. I simply titled this thread "hate" because it's better to be safe than sorry, in that even people with strong opinions could participate on this thread. Because that's kind of point-- let your steam off, so that you don't explode elsewhere.

Therefore, you guys don't have to continuously justify that you're not hating on a character but simply expressing distaste. You could if you want to, but I think it's more or less implied in your tones, haha.

EDIT: A poll has been added to this thread! Since a member wanted to compare it to the Favorite Fate Character Poll, I organized the characters by the same category.

I used the list of characters found on the website, though, so there may be slight differences in where the characters are located. DLC/Spotpass characters are not included (that includes Anna; I haven't seen anyone hate on Anna anyways, lmao).

Edited by Minischew

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh this will be fun.

Garon.Fucking Garon!!!!!I know that he is the main villain, and we are supposed to hate him right?Well fucking wrong!For me you are supposed to hate the main villain in a way that you also love the bastard cause he/she is a bastard but Garon is just ugggggghhhhhh!!!!!I mean Jesus Christ he is such a dick!Again he is the MV of the game but still, does he have to be that guy?I can tell that a lot of my hate of him comes from stupid ass Kamui during the Conquest campaign but agggghhhhh!!!!Every time I see Garon or here mention of him, I internally scream and sometimes externally!

If it weren't for forum rules, I would litterlay have posted way more swear words.

I dont hate any of the characters. Im not too huge on Luna because obvious reasons, but some of her supports show that in this 'verse, shes at least self aware. I really dont like Saizou's kid and thats mostly because hes an exact Gaius expy. At least Shara and Matoi are different enough in design that they feel almost like their own characters. But this guy? Nah. Thats Gaius recolored.

tumblr_n5ii9lPtFM1t1y0g7o4_250.gif

BS

Ohh this will be fun.

Garon.Fucking Garon!!!!!I know that he is the main villain, and we are supposed to hate him right?Well fucking wrong!For me you are supposed to hate the main villain in a way that you also love the bastard cause he/she is a bastard but Garon is just ugggggghhhhhh!!!!!I mean Jesus Christ he is such a dick!Again he is the MV of the game but still, does he have to be that guy?I can tell that a lot of my hate of him comes from stupid ass Kamui during the Conquest campaign but agggghhhhh!!!!Every time I see Garon or here mention of him, I internally scream and sometimes externally!

If it weren't for forum rules, I would litterlay have posted way more swear words.

I agree. The game's story could have been immensely improved by making Garon a likeable character instead of MWAHAHAHA I AM THE EVIL DARK LORD POSSESSED BY A sLIME MONSTER. It would make their loyalty to him or unwillingness to go against his questionable ways very justifiable if he was a kind father or at least justifiably stern on his kingdom but he's just straight up evil. Really disappointed they didn't go another route and make him a Mikoto-esque parallel who happens to be interested in very cruel ways of getting things done in his impoverished kingdom.

Also,

I just can't make myself like Pieri. Her design just... I just don't like it. Also don't really like or dislike the Awakening clones. Odin because he's just not a great unit, Lazward because I was never big on Inigo (but he's a good Brave Hero, so I can tolerate him) and I only like Luna in her support convos with Matoi because it at least gives her some development. I like Matoi, but the other two (especially Shara) I couldn't care less about. They are literally carbon copies, which is a bit disappointing. I think Tsukuyomi and Saizou deserved better kids, but Matoi makes sense with Tsubaki IMO.

You can have a baby with six different middle schoolers

I couldn't help but laugh at this.Just the way you put it.XDYou sir are amazing.

You can have a baby with six different middle schoolers

Yeah, at least Awakening had time travel to excuse having children... with children. There's not even a timeskip in Fates. Age differences are fine, but at least make them legal before having kids. Sheesh.

Okay, I have issues with Azura. She's one of my favorite characters, actually, but I really can't take how they make her such a "mysterious person" when I really don't think she is and obviously making her a canon pairing with Kamui. Come on, all three route practically pair them together in the story. It gets disheartening to pair them with other characters when the story practically pairs them together. Other spouses have like no influence/extra dialogue/lines at the end unless they're Aqua.

And Kamui... I don't dislike Kamui's character. But I don't think Kamui makes a good FE lord that's for sure. It would have been more interesting if they did it like in Awakening, and the avatar wasn't the main character. Kamui is almost liked by everyone in the game and there for stu-ness and player worshipping, but other than that, Kamui is a decent character. Though I did dislike Kamui in Conquest. Kamui still did everything Garon ordered even though Kamui kept saying they didn't want to kill innocent people yet still went along with the invasion without doing anything. Again, not exactly a good main character to center the story on.

Edited by Yuina

Okay, I have issues with Azura. She's one of my favorite characters, actually, but I really can't take how they make her such a "mysterious person" when I really don't think she is and obviously making her a canon pairing with Kamui. Come on, all three route practically pair them together in the story. It gets disheartening to pair them with other characters when the story practically pairs them together.

[spoiler=Azura Hate (?)]Is Azura to Kamui basically Sumia to Chrom? I haven't played the game yet, but if the pairing is that canon, I'll be really disappointed. (Still laughing forever at how Olivia doesn't even get a goddamn marriage scene aside from the S support, while Sumia gets goddamn 3D models.)

Edited by Minischew

Every other dead parent gets a touching reunion and chat with their children, we never see dead Garon and we just see Blob Garon get eaten by Hydra, what the fuck? Throw the Nohr a bone at least, hot damn.

[spoiler=Azura Hate (?)]Is Azura to Kamui basically Sumia to Chrom? I haven't played the game yet, but if the pairing is that canon, I'll be really disappointed. (Still laughing forever at how Olivia doesn't even get a goddamn marriage scene asides from the S support, while Sumia gets the 3D models.)

IMO, it is not as bad as Sumia and Chrom or MU and Chrom but it is still heavily shipped, especially in Touma in which wherever one is, the other is there with the exception of 1 scene at the very end.

One of the things I hate seeing the most is someone going onto a post and suddenly stirring up unnecessary opposition. But at the same time, I'm also aware that people like to rant; I mean, I shit on characters/concepts all the time too, lmao.

So instead of posting character hate (e.g. Oh, what do people find so attractive about Character X? He's too naive, and I think he needs to get a reality check), why not just make a thread for it? Just come and rant all you want here instead of ruining on other people's parades.

The only thing I'd recommend is spoiler tagging your hate, so that people don't end up reading character hate for their favorite or whatever. But then again, this is a character hate thread, so that's not entirely necessary.

If this thread lives past a few pages then Minischew I salute you!

CommentPhotos.com_1406570831.jpg

Maybe this will keep the peace for a little while.

Personally for me I don't really HATE any of the game's characters although I find a few of them annoying.........

I am not all that fond of Camilla. While I really like the other Nohr siblings she bugged me to no end with her creepy obsession with Kamui. I was really hoping for a cool big sis like character but all I got was some crazy yandere who constantly tried to jump her siblings bones(If male) or willing to kill anyone just to keep them. However when Kamui is not on the brain she is rather enjoyable.

Edited by Iron Griffin

[spoiler=Azura Hate (?)]Is Azura to Kamui basically Sumia to Chrom? I haven't played the game yet, but if the pairing is really that canon, I'll be really disappointed.

I don't think it's as bad as everyone says. There are some pretty tangible undertones there, yeah, but you can literally pass it off as them just being weirdly close friends despite not knowing each other for very long. It's a bit different to Sumia because Aqua is involved in the plot whereas Sumia is only there in the story to be a love interest, basically. Aqua is just kind of a walking plot device and they've tried to force this friendship without much development so it ends up being quite campy with the undertones.

[spoiler=Azura Hate (?)]Is Azura to Kamui basically Sumia to Chrom? I haven't played the game yet, but if the pairing is that canon, I'll be really disappointed. (Still laughing forever at how Olivia doesn't even get a goddamn marriage scene aside from the S support, while Sumia gets goddamn 3D models.)

To be honest its the only pairing for a Male Kamui(from what I have seen) that has any sort of context at all. The Female Kamuis probably did a lot better with the other supports offered. Other S-supports for a male avatar from what I read don't really meld well with some exceptions of course. Then again S-supports often feel out of nowhere even when they don't involve the Avatar.

I don't really hate any specific character but damn I've noticed the hate for Takumi is real. I just had someone refuse a commission from me because the artist didn't like him. ;n; Poor guy.

I just don't like the Awakening characters returning and certain designs like Peiri.

Felicia. I really hate that type of character. The clumsy, cute girl. And now I associate her with that forced, whiny, high-pitched Japanese female voice I dislike so much.

Plus, the fact that the game is forcing me to use her instead of letting me have Jakob from the beginning since I don't ever plan on playing as female Kamui. Not her fault, but it still irritates me to death.

Aqua, too. I hate how she follows Kamui no matter what, and by what I've heard, is heavily implied to be Kamui's love interest. If that's true, that's just another type of character that really annoys me. I had a feeling she'd end up that way but was really hoping for more from her.

It's a minor quip and all but Azura

"Never" shows any emotion, except for a short section in the 3rd path.

My opinion might change after actually having the game fully translated, reading translated stuff makes the plot a fair (+50-100%) more interesting

I also kinda dislike Jakob

For being an ass because I don't get Felicia. Nah that's a bit irrational. To be honest, Jakob isn't that bad, though I've not actually physically seen any of his supports, which I hear he's quite an ass in.

I was honestly a bit disappointed with "all" the siblings, but it got a bit better. Still not perfectly satisfied, though it depends.

Like seriously Camilla

I think what, half your lines or so reference killing and/or yandereish related lines. Not very........uh........family friendly?

@All

[spoiler=Azura/Felicia Hate (?)]Thanks for the responses! I'm getting a better understanding of the dynamic between Kamui and Azura. My main impression is that while Azura isn't the obnoxiously canon love interest, she has too many undertones while others don't even get them in their supports, which makes the "optional" romance feel forced. ("Kill me if you want... but do it as yourself.") I'm actually surprised that people aren't complaining about Felicia being the key interest, though, since the promotional material seemed to push at it. Hell, it was Kamui/Felicia they showed us in the magazine.

If this thread lives past a few pages then Minischew I salute you!
CommentPhotos.com_1406570831.jpg

Maybe this will keep the peace for a little while.

It seems to be going well for now, so I hope this trend continues! I really hate it when the forum adapts an antagonistic mood, like it was in for the Third Route Goodies and AA thread, haha.

It's a minor quip and all but Azura

"Never" shows any emotion, except for a short section in the 3rd path.

[spoiler=Azura Hate (?)]That's kind of hilarious, since her description reads that "she can get slightly emotional." Guess the emphasis is on slightly, lmao.

Edited by Minischew

I cant bring myself to hate either(somehow) but damn do they annoy me especially the former being a massive tsundere stereotype complete with bloody pink tails...... :P

[spoiler=Rinkah Hate]I really hate Rinkah for being this weird tsundere though. I know Luna's trope is cliche as well, but her "BE HOSTILE TO KAMUI AND ISOLATE YOURSELF FROM EVERYONE" is really annoying. And her confession makes it obvious she's supposed to be a tsundere and, idk. I just didn't expect that out of her, so it really irked me.

Edited by Minischew

Honestly the only characters I hate are Garon, Ganz and Iago

I beat Hoshido and the 3rd path before finishing the Nohr path because I just couldn't tolerate them. Everytime I stopped a rebellion or helped an invasion HERE COMES GANZ AND IAGO TO KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE WHILE KING GARON MCEVIL TWIRLS HIS MUSTACHE IN THE BACKGROUND. meanwhile Kamui and Aqua bend over and watch without doing anything. Ugh. i only finished Nohr so i could get the my castle music since it has good music, but thats the only path out of the three I dislike, for those reasons.

I haven't played nearly enough to make an opinion, but honestly:

I dislike Fake!Garon for his undignified reaction to Aqua's dance. It was so pretty yet energetic...then THAT. Man...

...I'm kind of annoyed by how some characters getting hated by many. Are you westerners that much different from the Japanese fans? What are you doing here with IS's most Japanese-styled series? (Granted, the older entries did feel less cliché...)

I haven't played enough to say I don't like anyone in particular. Maybe Setsuna for her portrait, but that's design hate, not character hate.

Edited by nocturnal YL

...I'm kind of annoyed by how some characters getting hated by many. Are you westerners that much different from the Japanese fans? What are you doing here with IS's most Japanese-styled series? (Granted, the older entries did feel less cliché...)

I haven't played enough to say I don't like anyone in particular. Maybe Setsuna for her portrait, but that's design hate, not character hate.

I mean, just because it takes place in a Japanese-style theme doesn't mean it has to have Japanese cliches. Awakening took place in a Europe-esque setting, and everyone was a living Japanese trope.

But I'm just kidding. I'm pretty sure everyone's expecting Japanese cliches, as Fire Emblem is a Japanese franchise, but some of them just happen to grate on people's nerves. I personally can't stand unnecessarily clumsy characters, haha. It's the discrepancy between real life and anime, I guess; when you get hurt in real life it hurts like hell and you make the ugliest face, but when a character trips in the anime, they look adorable, scrunched nose and all.

Edited by Minischew