General US Politics

Ansem

It's looking to be insanely close. Closer than my estimate, and may swing.

Regardless of if Trump wins, in my view he wins because he exposed something very real and fundamental about this country.

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's looking to be insanely close. Closer than my estimate, and may swing.

Yeah, it's shaping up to be a real arse-clencher.

Regardless of if Trump wins, in my view he wins because he exposed something very real and fundamental about this country.

Well, for a certain definition of the word win, but you're right. I certainly don't see the influence of Trump's campaign going away any time soon.

Though I'm sure you have something to say about the obvious, I think that as much as anything Trump's shown how fed-up many people are with the status quo.

So "I think Trump should be president, because the American people deserve to burn."

When your two strongest candidates are a manipulating, crooked, corrupted and vote cheating, power hunger women backed by Arab Saudi and a foul mouth racist, sexist, crooked, no experience in politic shady businessman who has a thing for his daughter then yes, American deserve to burn. Both candidates actually did things that would have send them to jail in the other country but look at them so high and mighty fighting each other for the throne. They have to burned so that they can rebuild it anew.

To be more specific. Clinton is outperforming Obama in urban areas, but Trump is outperforming Romney by more in rural areas. A lot of people (mostly in cities) are satisfied with the progress currently being made, but many others don't feel included. And it's very balanced between the two right now.

When your two strongest candidates are a manipulating, crooked, corrupted and vote cheating, power hunger women backed by Arab Saudi and a foul mouth racist, sexist, crooked, no experience in politic shady businessman who has a thing for his daughter then yes, American deserve to burn. Both candidates actually did things that would have send them to jail in the other country but look at them so high and mighty fighting each other for the throne. They have to burned so that they can rebuild it anew.

Come on. Those are humans you're talking about. And rich people (arguably at the foundation of the problem) are going to be fine if America "burns". The poor and middle class are the ones that will get screwed.

Literally Trump's stated platform will directly benefit the rich more with tax cuts (I suppose it will trickle down or something). Who knows how he would actually govern tho.

Edited by XeKr

Why do you speak? You just perpetually say nothing.

I don't agree with what Magical said either, but you really need to chill, especially considering you said less than what they did.

Edited by The Blind Idiot God

So what's going on in Florida right now? The news is saying that Trump is leading but it's still too close to call.

Lead is very small, and given that plenty of Democrat-win precincts haven't still been counted, it's still not set in stone for Trump to win.

Edited by tuvarkz

Trump wins FL (and NC) I think. State sites are more up to date. http://enight.elections.myflorida.com/CompareByCounty/?ContestId=100000

Huh, was not expecting that. Florida tends to be one of the decisive states (they only voted for the loser three times apparently)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida#Elections_of_2000_to_present

Trump wins FL (and NC) I think. State sites are more up to date. http://enight.elections.myflorida.com/CompareByCounty/?ContestId=100000

Yeah, it looks like Florida and N.C will be going to Trump right now, but Clinton might come back.

I've been meaning to ask, can someone tell me what happens if neither candidate reaches 270? I'm assuming it goes to whoever has the most, but I'm not sure.

Edited by The Blind Idiot God

Yeah, it looks like Florida and N.C will be going to Trump right now, but Clinton might come back.

I've been meaning to ask, can someone tell me what happens if neither candidate reaches 270? I'm assuming it goes to whoever has the most, but I'm not sure.

Vote in the house of representatives. I believe each elector gets one vote, though someone correct me if I'm wrong.

House decides, I think.

So I just voted. I think my local races were much more interesting than the presidential one. It was good to see that my local polling place was busy. Hawaii's vote will most likely be for Clinton, but we're all of four electoral votes (or something), so it's a moot point. Our polling places close at 11 PM EST, and the votes at my polling place will need to be manually counted.

Oh, well.

So I just voted. I think my local races were much more interesting than the presidential one. It was good to see that my local polling place was busy. Hawaii's vote will most likely be for Clinton, but we're all of four electoral votes (or something), so it's a moot point. Our polling places close at 11 PM EST, and the votes at my polling place will need to be manually counted.

Oh, well.

I could very well come down to 4 votes.