Klok Plays: THE ADVENTURES OF THE BOULDER AND CAPTAIN PHANTOM

Klokinator

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What good are Riev's stats when I have an uber bishop and a dragonstone? TINK TINK TINK DED.

Problem, Klok.

30 Spd/30 Lck = 90 Avo.

Paired with Syrene's awesome skill, or Fado's awesome hitrates...

Guess that... Uh...

He he... Dodgebot.

Who hits for 37 Atk. And doubles anyone not named Tethys.

You should avoid fighting him. Definitely.

Gwyllgi's (what's with that name)

"The gwyllgi is a mythical dog from Wales that appears as a frightful apparition of a mastiff with baleful breath and blazing red eyes.

It is often referred to as "The Dog of Darkness" or "The Black Hound of Destiny"the apparition's favourite haunt being lonely roads at night." -The entire Wikipedia article (take with a grain of salt because Wikipedia?)

Well that explains it. I think IS might have actually missed a chance to give these dogs a ranged attack with that "baleful breath" thing.

The more you know. :Wales:

And now for the thrilling conclusion of chapter 12.

[spoiler=yay]

CDsEFQ2.pngFaNavDl.png
New boss that replaces captain Sniperfag is incredibly weak. Man, I won't even break a sweat. He's actually WEAKER than the other units on this chapter!

ROMKlt3.pngxv3Eu4T.pngcoKxAys.png
Droppable items.

ZCfFMFn.png

NOOOES! NOT INVERTED GRIP SCYTHE MAN!!!

Seriously though, this bullshit actually happened and so I restarted immediately.

uWiwl7E.pngYVtfGD8.png
Not bad. Terrible.

he16MTx.png

These dudes with Sharp claw actually are a threat if they all mange to hit in one turn. Luckily that never happens.

Speaking of Sharp Claw, Franz starts with it, and it's the best claw weapon. NEAT.

0zviT1T.png

Even my highest DEF guy takes a bit of damage from these folks.

vbZNv1N.pngw6qmulC.png

And they DESTROY Flute.

Rhx8WiG.png

Yay! New ewanit.

esFOcEl.pngA7Pkjt8.png
So... yeah. Another Myrm, because the last one was just so goddamned great. Dragonshield is nice though. Growths might be 'k.

i7G82Mp.pngCp8uFtS.png
This killer... lost his edge.

ze4ah69.png

THE BOLDER BOULDER/10

yiderSW.pngtaZi7hm.png
Oh shi-

6pSat1I.pnghwnddTB.png
Position Seth here to lure his mutated ex-student, Franz.

HfmG7my.png

s6xvDMp.png

HI!

cXEQQis.png

That ain't Marisa, you twat waffle.

EfuUDa9.png

Just checking to see if he sucks. He does.

Cqak3wM.png

Ded.

VU48ZOp.png

Now THAT is the level of the chapter right there!

uYKySiA.png

OWIE!

9WZDRC3.pngI9EJ0BQ.png

Mfw dragonstone recks this much ass.

Mfw okay level.

yPjLDDH.png96vksdn.png

MFW one-shotting the all-powerful Entombed!

oCiYjlb.png0bMYx4H.png
Fuck it, kill the boss too. Get the exact same level you've gotten already three times in a row.

LwF62xW.png

Neat.

X3jWUbC.png

HEY DON'T BLOCK THE PATH, ASSHOLE!

[spoiler=Growths for the shitty new people]

Ll02f7X.pnguSn6BCs.png

Growths:

HP: 70%

STR: 65%

SKL: 40%

SPD: 70%

LUK: 25%

DEF: 75%

RES: 0%

Komments: Is this real life?! Talk about growth blessed! I'd have to grind him up... but luckily his weapon is unlimited use. Hmm, maybe Syrene is going to be replaced '3' That RES is gonna hurt him later on though :B

Klok Rates: 7-9/10!

esFOcEl.pngA7Pkjt8.png

Growths:

HP: 0%

STR: 0%

SKL: 40%

SPD: 70%

LUK: 85%

DEF: 100%

RES: 5%

Komments: What the fuck??

Klok Rates: 2/10.

. . .what would happen if Saleh went Dark Mage/whatever, and actually got Luna? :P:

As long as Franz doesn't have to deal with multiple Gorgons, he can take the Dragonstone and wreck face~!

I think you should promote Saleh so he can be your warp and rescue staff user. Great idea, right?

If only these staffs had a fixed range... =(

At least he could be barrier spammer.

Edited by Nintales

Are you sure it wasn't Franz that got to be the Not!Dozla?

I'm positive, since Franz wasn't a prepromote but Gilliam was.

Edited by Theguru1020

Luna has 0 might and Saleh will always have 0 magic unless stat boosters are used. The resistance piercing and crit chance will do nothing.

- implying that stat boosters don't exist. :P:

However, Saleh's T0, so unless his base is -2, he should have one when he promotes. If he ever makes it to Summoner, he should have an existent magic stat.

Edited by eclipse

- implying that stat boosters don't exist. :P:

However, Saleh's T0, so unless his base is -2, he should have one when he promotes. If he ever makes it to Summoner, he should have an existent magic stat.

Pupil to Shaman gives +2 magic. Shaman to Druid or Summoner gives +0.

Not counting energy rings he can be expected to do 2 damage with Luna when fully promoted (unless Klok lets him also lets him T3 to summoner with absurd promotion gains).

Since he went with Ephraim Saleh route there are two energy rings he can get without buying any. One in chpater 7 that he got, and one coming up in chapter 13. Dumping both of those into Saleh (assuming he hasn't used the Ch7 one, I forgot if he has) would boost Saleh up to 6 Luna damage as summoner. Getting his damage up any higher would require buying them from the secret shops in creature campaign, or giving Saleh the Metis' Tome from chapter 15 and hoping he gets some magic with the 5% growth or however much that gives. (He could also rng manipulate to get enemies to spawn on the world map with energy rings, but I don't think he would.)

The only way getting it up higher than 6 would be possible is if Klok T3's him to summoner which will put him up to 12 or 13 (not very impressive for a T3).

Eclipse would probably end up being a better choice.

Edited by DizzyWaddleDoo

I'm positive, since Franz wasn't a prepromote but Gilliam was.

You know, I thougt about one thing now...

If you have Myrhh replacing L'Arachel and L'Arachel replacing Doela, Then they would exchange their place.

(Myrhh is always a prepromote, and L'Arachel always unpromoted (no idea if she can be T0 though...))

Dear IS, why did the GBA games not take the differences in base vs. promoted class as magic?

There's also supports, and since Saleh's affinity wasn't changed, he'll gain power through there. It's just a matter of whether or not Klok wants to wait around for those, because I can see some serious stupidity with SalehxEwan and SalehxEphraim.

. . .actually, promoting both Saleh and Ewan into Summoners should replace their shitty stats with utility, unless the game won't let you have more than one Summoner's summon out.

Assuming Saleh literally gets no Magic except from supports, that's 5 on normal hit and 15 on critical. . .since the combo I mentioned above gives +25 crit, on top of Saleh's forever-maxed Skill and Luna's innate crit, AND Saleh's RES is through the roof, he can actually fight other mages and not suck. It doesn't matter if he's doubled for zero damage!

. . .or he can leverage the extra hit he gets from his supports, and combine that with his skill to Eclipse-snipe. But I think Luna's funnier.

You know, I thougt about one thing now...

If you have Myrhh replacing L'Arachel and L'Arachel replacing Doela, Then they would exchange their place.

(Myrhh is always a prepromote, and L'Arachel always unpromoted (no idea if she can be T0 though...))

The thing I've noticed is that Myrrh is always a prepromote, even when replacing a unpromoted unit, but if the unit that's being replaced is a prepromote (Dozla for instance) by somebody other than Myrrh that's unpromoted normally, they'll still end up being a prepromote. So Gilliam was a prepromote but Franz wasn't, because Gilliam replaced Dozla and Franz replaced L'arachel. I double checked what positions they appear in on the chapter just to make sure I'm not talking out of my ass.

Edited by Theguru1020

Wait. What !. How can he be a Necromancer ? How ?
And where the hell was I ? <_<

Personally, make Natashan Assassin. Lethality on eveything is fun.

... And 6 mov, compared to Swordmaster, 4 mov, wtf.

Ephraim make him a Hero. Hand down. Seriously. Why 4 mov ?