Klok Plays: THE ADVENTURES OF THE BOULDER AND CAPTAIN PHANTOM

Klokinator

I think Gorgons are considered to be T1 by the game/randomizer, but since they don't have a promotion Myrrh can become one. I think their eggs, if seen as a part of the Gorgon class tree at all, are a T0, maybe?

I'm pretty sure they are T2.

Gorgon eggs and Gorgons are completely separate as classes. It's just some specific coding that allows them to hatch. An ally unit hacked to be a Gorgon Egg can't become a Gorgon without also hacking in a promotion (like how Klok gave Moulder a T3, but from Egg to Gorgon instead of Summoner to Necromancer).

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure they are T2.

Gorgon eggs and Gorgons are completely separate as classes. It's just some specific coding that allows them to hatch. An ally unit hacked to be a Gorgon Egg can't become a Gorgon without also hacking in a promotion (like how Klok gave Moulder a T3, but from Egg to Gorgon instead of Summoner to Necromancer).

It's just weird that they're considered T2 units in the game without a T1 class, although now that I think about it, it makes sense of them to be T2s with the higher caps(although a T1 Bael also has caps past 20... monsters are just weird.)

It's just weird that they're considered T2 units in the game without a T1 class, although now that I think about it, it makes sense of them to be T2s with the higher caps(although a T1 Bael also has caps past 20... monsters are just weird.)

Cyclops doesn't have T1, but they're also considered T2, so...

But yeah, I never understood why Bael doesn't have unpromoted cap.

I forgot about Cyclops... I guess it's not that weird, if you count undead dragons/manaketes/the demon king.

Plus there's the fact that Gorgons have the Golden, more extravagant portrait boundry for their generic portrait that promoted units have.

/ignores all hype about next LP

ALL RIGHT GUYS, WELCOME TO PART 3! This one is super long. Get more than a few minutes ready, you'll need it.

[spoiler=30 MINUTES OF TIME REQUIRED, MASSIVE IMAGE DUMP]

Not really, you fell for the clickbait again. You're terrible at this.

ChiECzT.png

Picking up where we left off, redoing everything the same except THE BOULDER'S positioning is better, not near that goddamn great knight.

nfk5SyB.png
Doubling? With Luna??? THE BOULDER is not one to be trifled with! Also, he's my go-to mage killer. Dat 30 RES.
ghqy99X.pngbUgcn3M.png9GFlHrH.png

This guy... is really goddamn tough to kill. And he hits like a freight train. The generic promoted enemies are literally 2x more powerful than the bosses at this point in the game. FINALLY A HACK THAT MAKES FE8 LEGIT HARDER!
yNvCtBo.png
W-was that it? Someone feel a breeze?
Wr8UbrD.png
Fact: He critted.
XSsGBXs.png

Luna. Even in FE8, still deadly.

Oygo68R.pngTRCwIgT.pngWJJakTX.png
You may not be Fado or Seth, but you are still a great person.
Seriously though, hindsight says she should have been a rogue. My other units got killing down pat. Stealing utility would have been nicer.
oOYd4KW.pngJgalSbF.png

That's gonna leave a mark. A tiny one.

uXK7tex.pngdjrBA3S.png
TASTE MY LANCE, WOMAN! Uh, not like that. Actually, like that.
wqAmDV9.pnghs9iOAN.png
ALL TOO EASY! But seriously, talk about escaping death. These guys didn't move the whole chapter, but killing Selena made them bumrush me. Completely unexpected.
szxuZeJ.pngE0Vjxfr.png
Aaaand we're done! Can't wait to play the next one!

Edit: Oops, forgot the growths. Gotta see what Myrrh is up to!
[spoiler=EPIK GROW TIEM]
K170bzA.png43GnAGf.png
Growths:
HP: 125%
POW: 75%
SKL: 80%
SPD: 105%
LUK: 60%
DEF: 55%
RES: 70%
Komments: Relevant.
Klok Rates: 12/10
Dj6qhU7.pngNSKUnRQ.png
Growths:
HP: 120%
POW: 25%
SKL: 5%
SPD: 90%
LUK: 60%
DEF: 0%
RES: 0%
Komments: Relevant.
Klok Rates: -12/10
Edited by Klokinator

Not as gamebreaking as it looks. 4 movement is a pretty bad disability. Even with the boots she's barely beating Seth, and she won't actually max all her stats.

Still, she's pretty great and my only canto-enabled flier. PRAYING FOR A FALCOKNIGHT WITH GOOD MOVEMENT!

Aaaand I had a preview of the next chapter. I want to die. SO MANY STATUS STAVES.

Not as gamebreaking as it looks. 4 movement is a pretty bad disability. Even with the boots she's barely beating Seth, and she won't actually max all her stats.

Yeah, 4 speed is kinda garbage At least I'll finally get a unit that's better than one of yours

Sorry for the delays, been meaning to get back to this but I was called in to work literally 3 times this week, so haven't had the time to just sit down and JUST DO IT! Hoping to get back to it tomorrow, since Friday and Saturday are apparently days off now. (Thanks, obamacare.)

Going back to the monsters, the generic dracozombie(at the bottom of Lagdou Ruins) caps are insane, like weird bar-breaking crazy. Of course, the dracozombies will never use those caps, but still. It's really weird.

Growth variance is +/-45%. These are Myrrh's growths:

Name 	HP 	Str 	Skl 	Spd 	Lck 	Def 	Res
Myrrh 	130 	90 	85 	65 	30 	150 	30
Assuming that the randomizer gives her the worst growths possible (-45% to everything), she'll have the following growths:

Name 	HP 	Str 	Skl 	Spd 	Lck 	Def 	Res
Myrrh 	85 	45 	40 	20 	0 	105 	0
She'll be a tank no matter what.

How the heck did you get such powerful Myrrh ?

It's funny you ask this. The way the randomizer works is it takes the sum of all the growths (Eclipse's post) adds or subtracts up to 45% to the total, and then re-divvies them back out into the stats.

If anything, my Myrrh lost 10% since her original total was 580% and now it's only 570%. So a better question is WHY IS SHE SO FRIGGING WEAK?

Would have posted an update or two or three yesterday but couldn't for reasons. Can't do it now because I actually still have work today. I'll have to do it later today after work or tomorrow after work lol.

HEY EVERYONE I'M BACK AND IT'S FINALLY TIME

[spoiler=TO GET THIS PARTY STARTEEEED]

Hgwrze6.pnghAOS5vf.pngSF8nU7a.pngwc2iaDT.png
First a bit of Lute leveling and a Horseslayer freebie yay
mzy2pEm.png

Tower abusing Myrrh because wow she kinda sucks shit right now.

cHFkTjZ.pngQ2JsyhS.pngXFwNZeJ.png

LmgdjCJ.pngEcwOPmU.pngFwPqbnB.png

g99ASQ2.png

Welp, you suck shit. Definitely not half as good as FE7CM Nino. At least Nino had nearly everything barring LUK maxed at level 16, along with 8 movement. You barely even win in the LUK department!

STi8Y0c.png
IT STARTS
TW80Ccs.png
Uh... okay, that's a hell of a way to start the chapter off...
YXu1AiY.png

Something about thick objects, and a priest is mentioned... um...

Mh43XUf.png
By 'they' you're not talking about dicks are you?
jWAxI7y.pngZoP4F9J.png

I think Father Mc'Gregor needs to hear about this...

o5EmUtq.png
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Gays: Homosex Edition: Rated G for Gay Sex
KLKg4AL.png

STOP THAT

xf4zKKX.pngriUg0Un.png
Wtf? Do you want it thick and fat or real easy and slow? MAKE UP YOUR MIND!
RKE4EUr.png

Anyway, back to the chapter! It looks okay right up until you see...

Shwuxne.pngkNEvVZn.png
Sweet salty christ. For anyone who's played this chapter before, there are ALREADY two units with Berserk staves, and now Vigarde not only starts with such a stave, but also has a long range bolting tome as well! FML. Not to mention THE BOULDER is the only person with the RES to withstand such an attack.
vD10nDG.png03FAhtd.png

P0N1jng.png3tpR4Oo.png

These are the two Druids directly south of Vigarde, and they are not fucking around. This is the part of the game where FUCK YOU THAT'S WHY happens.

AIqNWo7.pngaSgI1Ge.png
Don't get me wrong, it's still FE8 Luna and not FE7 Luna, but you still don't wanna fuck around with it when Shamans have stats like these.
RmOEDhm.pngwQFKHfN.pngtWbgYBI.png
VaHlBuu.pngeTsFakp.png
There are two bishops with status staves, one for each side of the map. They do not fuck around.

zJb5Oj1.png29ld4El.png7dF9JPi.png

Captain Asshole The Sniper returns from Selena's chapter, only this time he brought a longbow to go with that 28 speed. Wait until the randomizer supports enemy randomization, this shit could get even more intense.

aIqnQhF.pngzNklThk.png
By1pWKf.pngJyTX0eU.png
WWZVfmF.pngGKhDRPK.png

83ykLqR.png0BCMk9s.png
VE2JW6k.pngpiorPD0.png
One of my biggest issues with FE8 is the difficulty. Don't get me wrong, this chapter is much stupidly easier in Vanilla due to not having stupid OP enemy growths, but still, compared to the previous two chapters, the difficulty jump is absolutely insane. 4 status staves, longbow users, promoted enemies, etc. And in this run, the difficulty jump is even more ridiculous thanks to those enemy growths.
This is gonna be a long chapter. I'll be getting to it sooner than you expect.