TheMoniker struggles through GhebFE

TheMoniker

GhebFE: Episode 24: Chapter 21: Part 3: Accuracy vs. Evasion

qTKKTud.png

I still think it's weird the game is sending Mogalls at us. I also think it's shameful that they could potentially damage Glen.

62D8ZZN.png

Oh yes, remember those seven-eight enemies we defeated last time? They came again. They come every other turn. It's the worst.

QpC4ItT.png69BuGTQ.png

It would be nice grinding, but nobody really needs levels at this point.

WlH1vcF.pngkspOyli.png

While all the spider slaughter is happening, Colm begins work on the Myrrhs. These are ours now! And yes, Morva can use them. I wonder what he'll promote into?

HfwAxir.png

Phew, okay. We have once again cleared the map! Now, we can-

WV4vGUG.png

OH, WELL NEVER MIND THEN

Before you ask, Michael Jackson isn't the kind of boss we can kill quickly. We have to make sure everyone else is dead first.

vzpsnmC.png

One more level...

HqwXaRb.png

If we take her weapon first, she won't be able to fight back!

KsCO4at.png

These constant reinforcement waves force me to use desperate measures.

0FSwYrh.pngUz4S37l.png

Morva: I knew this day would come…

Morva has a boss quote with his daughters! I'm just as surprised as you! Maybe this Myrrh is considered Riev by the game, and since Morva takes Myrrh's slot...

cCChcX9.png

Oh, a THIRD wave. Are you quite done? This is annoying. I want to show my viewers the epic boss fight!

mM8r88D.png

While I'm fighting, I take a look at the chance Gheb stands against the boss. It's... not very good. To say the least.

Ztel1Zy.png

Oh yes, and before the fight begins, I'd like to say, yes, I COULD have stolen his weapons and taken him out the easy way. But against such an amazing pop culture figure, that would be a loser strategy for losers that would disgrace his memory, so I won't do it. We're fighting him the hard way!

dGT7bhW.png

I wasn't expecting that to work! But, we've successfully turned a dog to Stone.

M00RjhV.png

The other dog is defeated by a sudden critical. Good for you, Sonia. Don't do that to me if I ever play FE7 again.

DSwiTcJ.png

Sorry, Morva, this is the best way for you to train!

83Nsqny.png

A fourth wave. Woohoo.

K3JIOWp.png

Sonia gets a level! It's horrible! Granted, she doesn't have too much to gain.

eEseBnY.png

Alright! We've taken all we can from these little girls, now to kill them!

24A22Cc.png

More mogalls? What are they going to do? Stare me into submission?

54ebtbT.png5AnCbEq.png

Okay, all done! Now, it is time...

sI0sZC3.png

What will Morva become?

2DRC8g2.png

He morphs into... into... uh...

nOz3zag.png

ChaosMamkute! Yeah! Sure...

RlGU0sA.pngdPLrsnh.png7tya4ZO.png

This is it. The ultimate dragon class, capable of using the ChaosD.Stone, which boosts his HP a good deal, as you can see.

Now, that should be everything!

Okay everyone, it's time to fight Michael Jackson!

Now, in GhebFE, the normal "tough boss" music plays, but really, I think this is more appropriate:

Death by Glamour!

fr2APC6.png

So, believe it or not, this is what Denning looks like going up against this guy.

He pretty much has the best odds on the entire team.

0Hz4EgB.png

Morva, our newly promoted unit... is totally worthless, despite the high damage. This guy's Avo is just TOO INSANE.

LlPX0ck.pngyDQ9iH0.png

We have absolutely no choice other than to see how the sniper fares, using the Finisher Bow. The hit chances just don't get any better than this!

u86x4U9.png

M.J.: This is wrong, babies. So wrong.

5gs6qwq.png5tWZxbg.png

M.J.: I’m powerless against him. So stand against me, and go destroy him. If you can beat me first, baby!

lhG1Ufe.png

If this is loving, can you hate me instead?

THE EPIC BATTLE REPORT:

MKP7rwG.png

Lb0y4Px.png

yxOOOtY.png

x2nJi5z.png

sbTssRE.png

M4r5GIa.png

NExADK5.png

Njhd7df.png

THANK YOU, FINALLY

NvAHqjS.png

Now's our chance! GO GLASS! IF YOU HIT, WE CAN FINISH HIM!

01t1phP.png

*bonk* *bonk* *bonk*

Quick, have Denning attack again!

xrkoOmu.png

ABChrPf.png

I don't like you!

KmkjtPR.png

M. J. switches his style: Now he's using Nosferatu!

SqCYDTv.pngddK5DtI.png

The good news: This removes the MASSIVE stat buffs Thriller was giving him! We now have a slightly better chance to hit him!

We'd better have Glass engage first...

CF1C8he.pngsoqyG87.png

Oh, I forgot the bad news: FRIGGIN HEALTH REGENERATION

All in all, this fight succesfully made Michael Jackson lose 1 HP.

0dKc86o.png

Now's our chance! GO, MORVA!

9ms7bQ3.pngbBlBfwH.png

And that's all 62 of his base HP back!

dwMLRU6.png

And now he's back in Thriller style again.

*sigh* BACK TO DENNING!

QkhgOz9.png

Hit him once... come on, team!

IyWHCgX.png

Agh!

2798hID.png

MORVA! YOU HAD BETTER HIT THIS TIME!

slLXim2.pngUJZPous.png

NO!

hqYfLpK.png

Back to Nosferatu! Come ON!

WfGphxf.png

Denning! IT'S ALL YOU!

GvAnNlQ.png

Once...

63bpYrY.png

TWICE!

YES!

YES!

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!

We did it! Michael Jackson is DEAD! DEAD, DEAD, DEAD!

I feel so terrible... He only wanted to help us out... and yet the game forced us to brutally slaughter him so! And he was such a great musician, too...

TlZteFV.png

M.J.: Don’t worry about me. Kick that creep Gleb’s ass, babe!

uulGATE.png

D9zS417.png

:C

Somehow, this doesn't feel as satisfying as I was expecting.

E7pPlfe.png

There's nothing more for us here.

I might as well show the dialogue, since it's pretty short.

ZmwfDP3.png

Glass: More like a dump.

L’arachel: It’s purty. Teehee!

Gheb: You have terrible taste, whore.

Glass: … Let’s not waste time. Let’s go!

b4jugA1.png

Morva?

0beT7K6.png

Oh, right, he needs to angst...

Morva: Your death shall not be in vain. I’ll find a way to bring you back. With my dragonstones at hand, I’ll take down Gleb and restore our rightful places… Places we deserve!

ExNx5F9.pngJtzRJn3.png

Morva: … coming.

X9GAmXi.png

Morva: Trust me!

Honestly, if we can kill Michael Jackson, we can pretty much do anything we set our minds to.

stelFk8.pngsesxD9Z.png

Gleb's talking. No map sprite for us, though.

Gleb: Oh… watching them writhe in pain, or the eyes that freeze when death strikes them instantly. both delightful sights. An art all by itself.

SmjkPpV.pngo7KZNq8.png

Since when was any part of this about destiny?

1jjw8DP.png

Gleb: Ahahaha! Gheb, come! I hunger!

Rv0aO23.png

NEXT TIME: The final battle begins.

Edited by TheMoniker

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wonder how this final battle could go wrong

Knowing who is the final boss and his stats, I easily see where everything can blow up :XD:

But I´m sure Moniker will find a way to defeat the boss, even if that way is throwing his PC through a window.

Edited by The Exaccus

The final battle approaches. I eagerly await disappointment, incrustation, regret, and liquor.

You'll be disappointed. This probably won't result in incrustation.

Knowing who is the final boss and his stats, I easily see where everything can blow up :XD:

But I´m sure Moniker will find a way to defeat the boss, even if that way is throwing his PC through a window.

You aren't inspiring confidence, here. I haven't seen the boss yet, though, so we'll see.

The ENDGAME PRELUDE!

K2dUtzW.png

YF0Zt3q.png

We begin with a flash to white! Which means...

VNZb5OT.png

That's right! You know, FE8 used these in a meaningful and appropriate manner. Maybe this last flashback will be used for something meaningful too?

sxermHQ.png

Oh, never mind. This guy is in it.

Gheb: great. Another flashback. Lyon?

3ug1sZK.png

"Heh, do you ever realized that"

Gleb

original character

do not steal

Gleb: me and Lyon are aquaintances?

Gheb: Zuh?! Gleb! What the fuck are you talking about?

ALxeFhD.png

Gleb: Did he ever tell you?

Gheb: … what?! Why do you keep increasing my anger?! You won’t like me when I’m angry!!

Gleb: But aren’t you angry now?

Gheb: Nah.

1CjhLWo.png

Gheb: You’re the only one who’s gotten me this angry in a long time. But I will not waste it in words. I will fuck you up. From the rear.

Gleb: Isn’t that redundant…

8c9V2ZA.png9jhse9z.pngQhi7Du4.png

Gleb: I want that! Not only do I want it. I want to be the only one! And I’ll take you down! And that Glass too! Hehehe… Hahaha!

Gleb is hard to parse. His reason for being the evil oppositionary force seems to be "rule the world". There's no reason beyond that. Granted, I can't expect well-thought-out villains out of this hack.

Gheb: We’ll see about that!

uD5ZY93.png

93Varl1.png

Okay, we're back in the present. Who will our boss be? We don't have a Lyon equivalent around...

bGzYEqF.pngwVzJ6uY.png

Ephraim? But we KILLED him!

Gheb: Still alive?

Ephraim: … Alive again would be correct.

Oh, right. Can't forget! Death is a Slap on the Wrist! For the enemy team, that is.

CViFIxA.png

Gheb: Don’t make me laugh, douche. Seriously.

Ephraim: Fine. Words are a waste of time.

aqdHI8w.png

Ephraim: We await you.

Oygzgc2.png

The villians deliver one last dramatic line and warp away. Gheb's reaction?

wk9657Q.png

Gheb: Yeah right…

...Yeah.

m9q0eQZ.png

Special effects!

ZBNVbOg.pngfOXeYxP.png

!

Ephraim: Now look at me go.

7j3tcaE.pngvZnQ1PJ.png

Guys, I've changed my mind. Ephraim is a good character.

END DIALOGUE

gIIZiDG.png

Okay! Crappy jokes aside! This is it! The last fight! We'll need to pick our team VERY CAREFULLY.

lLJMN8u.png

And by "very carefully" I mean "take all the really strong dudes". We have our Obligatory Lords, Thief, UltraSniper, Dedicated Healer, Hard-Magic Hitter, Guy who Only Got On By Virtue of Being Better Than Everyone Else, Phantom Ultility, Tank, Backup Caster, All-Around Competent Unit, and Unstoppable Insane Juggernaut.

ZX9R71V.png?1lBguSeR.png?1

N2sNxDq.pnglmqcUyt.png?1

23YFcEQ.pngpxZTKuT.png?1

Since it's been so long, I thought it would be a good idea to give you all a full map. Looks like we're in for a "fun" time.

(Yes, I know there's a white line, I'm out of practice...)

v1tnHuj.png

To begin, the generics are incredibly powerful at this point. Some of them are still rather overspecialized, though... for instance, if we can get a physical attacker on this guy he won't last too long.

Ftkr0bu.png

If you looked at the map up above, you probably noticed this: Not one but TWO Demon King Generics!

They're... not actually that tough. However, there are some unique problems they pose, which will come to light when I play the chapter.

EwJU5fg.png9qLvBK3.pngeMcjqaR.png

The game provides us with a few last gifts. We need none of them, but they're there all the same.

Oh, yes! Go back up to the picture. Count the bosses. How many are there? And who are they, you may ask?

DHXQTpz.pngYAAhebM.png

Ki85FjY.pngle1eUIv.png

PYIYYXo.pngyx2koqL.png

HKsns3t.pngEZ9Fvqj.png

That's right. They brought them ALL back! And each boss is its own threat, too:

Natasha charges forward to use her staves, so we'll be fighting her first. She's pretty ordinary other than that, though.

Lute doesn't need to charge; she can Berserk us across the map just fine from where she is! Her stats aren't maxed, but her Ex-Forblaze (should've checked the description on that) makes her a very credible threat.

Ephraim is our "main" boss-killing him will initiate the REAL boss fight!

Eirika just there to aid Ephraim, really. She MIGHT move, but if you look at her stats, she isn't actually that huge of a deal.

NEXT TIME: Insane Dragons, Summoning Shenanigans, and Desperation

I've managed to squuueeeezzeeee the whole gameplay portion into ONE update! So, warning! LONG UPDATE INBOUND!

GhebFE: Endgame: Pre-Gleb Fight: One Last Romp:

N9nLZ0p.png

Action numero uno: We begin our rampage with the Holy D.Stones we got last chapter! Did you know they massively boost defense AND are effective against monsters?

I'm so glad I trained Morva now.

qMVJJEv.png

Wait... Demon King Generic, what are you-

MrU9s8r.png

HE'S SUMMONING MONSTERS

THEY CAN STILL SUMMON MONSTERS

OH NO

They only do it once, but STILL.

Well, I guess that's our encouragement to move fast! We have to push forward!

YShh6AF.png

Natasha starts her Berserk attacks. Thankfully, Denning dodges. It would be terrible to have him working against us!

dVAjKXA.pngb5XSzui.png

Morva is practically invincible! Just so long as I can keep him away from any magic-using enemies, he should be able to wreck the field all on his own.

zQGMuxT.png

Oh, forgot about defense piercing enemies! Oops!

bhe2Jmw.pngsubMWSq.png

But he DID crit in response, so that's nice!

7ZKQqkN.png

Annnnd he died to a Finisher Bow.

I'd just like to remind you all how much I hate these. At the same time, MY Finisher Bows are so instrumental in defeating the insane bosses, I'm hesitant to say they should be removed entirely.

WKw1Myo.png

I don't even think this was a crit. I just forgot to heal Batta.

89suKcY.png

Kiwi lures out an enemy superdragon. I was worried about him for a bit, but he as usual proves himself the best.

0QO6iMe.png

Oh, no, now someone's probably going to be sleeping!

(It's Kiwi. Thankfully, the enemy is too stupid to move into position to hit more than one of our guys.

VYio8g1.pngmTIkLzX.png

No and no. We are good!

Oql4jmj.pngBYGj1h4.png

You know the Demon King on the left side? Morva was in range! DIE!

I think this pretty much sums up how FE8's normal final boss fell, actually.

K73Y3RC.png

Morva has pretty much cleared out the left side, but we're having some serious enemy pileup problems on the right! We can't push forward until that's taken care of.

B2Xfzm2.png

You can do it, Gheb! Please, please don't disappoint me!

dA2klTJ.png

YOU DISAPPOINTING RAPIST LOSER

B0yW6jC.png

Fine. FINE. GLASS WILL COVER FOR YOU. LIKE ALWAYS.

fH7C83A.png

I was planning to make some joke about "CRUMBLE UNDER THE MIGHT OF-oh it missed", but it hit, so now Colm is in serious pain. I was also expecting him to do more than 5 damage with Gomorrae, so that's another mistake.

bnDuXea.png

Oh, Morva's berserked! That's okay! I have one Restore Staff user; L'arachel! She's... too far away to reach Morva... who is our strongest unit... that can fly... who will die if he charges towards the enemy... and will kill us if he charges towards us...

Oh no...

Oh no...

NononononoNONONONONONONO

osepnrN.png

OH, YES, NOW'S THE BEST TIME FOR FLOATING EYEBALLS

4pQ6ZQW.png

Ah hah... hah... well, we'd better get L'arachel over to Morva before more people get berserked!

weBiryD.png

You've gotta be kidding me.

(Yes, Batta dies)

PStSrMZ.png

L'arachel will use her Restore staff... that... she doesn't have... and is separated from Gheb. Okay. I really should've seen THAT coming.

V9zgQlM.png

I know that this was only a stealable last time, and I appreciate that the game is giving us a backup, but I would really appreciate a MASTER seal for some last-minute T3.

LMaH2cl.png

Thankfully, we didn't kill this Wight so he'll function as bait for Morva. We'll have to figure something out after that, though!

f8CoWwi.png

Morva eats his dinner. Now, count the spaces from L'arachel to Morva. I'll give you a minute.

Yeah.

1 out of range.

OHOi2yC.png

I feel like there's something ironic about a Berserked unit attacking us getting stronger by gaining levels. There's probably a Ragefest hack to be made out of such a concept.

PHEXXMh.png

With Lute AND Natasha pelting us, things REALLY aren't going well.

OexZc4p.png

At some point, Kiwi got poisoned, which is good for us-his Sleep is cured!

h32l6NU.png

Another turn's worth of bait inches towards Morva. I need to cure Gheb, so we'll have to hope it keep us!

6EVT88z.png

Denning hits his level cap. I want you all to study this image for a minute.

Denning solo: 100% feasible.

k9zhkxy.png

Well, 3 turns left! But there's no more bait!

Q50XLVI.png

Oh, great. Of course.

pQlqEIe.png

Okay, if we do nothing, Morva will attack the enemies on the right side. Sure, right side could use the help, but Natasha is more than capable of potentially one-shotting Kiwi's low resistance if she crits! We have to lure him over to use! Which, of course, means putting our units on the chopping block!

O6mpse5.png

Okay, this won't work. We'll just let Morva risk Natasha.

tNJdVVX.png

I'm rooting for you, buddy!

AAI6PVC.png

I'd like to give one last HUGE shout-out to Phantom. He's still being cool and helping me out, taking one or two attacks for me every turn. Why couldn't he be the hero instead of Gheb?

paZEKkb.png

Morva didn't even need to fight Natasha, because of FINISHER BOW F... F... F... FLOPBELLIES!

QUxeCF0.png

PLAN C, D, OR WHATEVER AT THIS POINT: PRAY COLM DODGES

Q3sxnjt.png

Phew, Colm dodged on my first try, thanks to my brilliant tactician-ness and I totally predicted this would happen. Yeah, I know I'm great. We're totally great. We finally have room to cure Morva. We are good.

bm8Y5qj.png8m2RSsh.pngoy0nQh4.png

And now, we have 3 units Berserked. And 1 unit capable of curing them.

I really wish I had SA's smiley emoticons. I have a few choice ones for this situation.

R7ubbm7.png

Did you know you can still access Supply if the lord is Berserk? It's true.

CDhEIxk.png

Thankfully, I had an extra staff in there. That's the best I can do right now.

sRiz6De.png

The GOOD news is that the enemy has finally run out of Berserk! And will now likely switch to Purge, which might be even worse.

Yaaaaaay.

zD2UrCc.pngLGBbgKU.png

Phantom tanks Ewan (who decided to use legendary Bleach for overkill just 'cause), continuing to prove his value as "real best team member".

oAxKM7v.png32RMENv.png

Gheb lives up to his reputation as an invincible god. And it's SHOCKING.

XKWcUxD.pngpIzhK7U.png

I'M PREPARED THIS TIME! EAT IT! EAT IT!

1P1CZOX.png2UejIA2.png

This has me so incredibly tired and frustrated that I walk up and slay Natasha. You won't be missed.

I guess you could probably say this is where the battle's "turning point" happened. From here on out, we're going to start WINNING!

SZTAaAV.png

If anyone actually wondered about Lute's tome, HERE IT IS. Hoo boy!

(Yes, that is 25 Wt. Yes, she has basically no speed. She's more of a Lyon archetype than Ephraim is!)

3cvmlWL.png

Not this time! NOT THIS TIME!

omhvC75.png

Another group of reinforcements!

7Bcb82Q.png

The last chest i-???

Is that the one Beta item?

UrSTzWY.png

Yeah, I remember what this does! If anyone is curious, now seems like a good time to explain it. We just need to find someone worthy...

(I think the chest text is interesting; it refers to it as "some" Juna fruit.)

jrIlKh7.png

Glass recently hit level 20, he seems like a worthy fellow!

hgd4IAP.png

Oh no! It's terrible!

Well, not really. Not at all, in fact. See, the Juna fruit takes away your levels, but NOT your stats-meaning, with enough of this stuff, you could keep leveling a good ways after 20! Sort of like a much less powerful second seal, probably to be used in the Postgame. Unlike in Awakening, however, there is a "cap" on how many you can use-I think it was 8?-but either way, it's still interesting that we got one.

But you know what would be better than 1 extra level? TWENTY EXTRA LEVELS WITH ANOTHER CHANCE TO T3. But nooooooo...

Fast-forwarding while we move the group to the center...

Re-activating footage when Kiwi tries to lure out Eirika...

QDMkmzq.pnghlGyWc2.png

Oh crap! Eirika really does move! Kiwi resists, thankfully.

P12FFZw.png

How to approach this? We need to attack that central position and take Ephraim down!

L8MLv8S.png

Eirika isn't a problem, but everything else is.

EJaMV3J.png

Not even a full level! Come on!

eqxHOJU.png

I was still worried about the Demon King summoning monsters, so I enacted two plans: 1: Selena takes him out from afar...

OYpRhPR.png

2: A group of elites moves in to lure out enemies on the right.

8hsYqk0.png

Okay, maybe Batta isn't an "elite". More like "normal-ish".

4aZ3RRi.png

The big guy is down! Commence full bait-and-switch tactics!

b8DceZy.png

RAWR!

i8Zh0xT.png

In RAWRing, however, Morva crossed the invisible line that triggers infinite reinforcements.

NO MORE HOLDING BACK! ALL CHARGE!

rJ4abd6.png

Maybe I can kill Ephraim really fa-WHOAH, no!

So, if you look back at my Prelude update, I MIGHT not have been giving Ephraim's stats as much credit as I should have been. This guy is a capital-P Problem here!

gTUvVhK.png

Everything else is clear, but the infinite reinforcements mean we can't slowly surround this guy and then take him out. We have to do this as fast as possible!

RZCu4rJ.png

It reverses the weapon triangle too? Man!

Didn't I have a chance to buy this in a shop myself at some point? I'm suddenly regretting not doing that.

wEM5ZZG.png

This seems like our best shot. I don't like using Denning as a crutch, but LET'S DO THIS!

ErZRgE0.pngmHaGtwa.png

DENNING BROKE CHARACTER

OH MAN

Actually, the generic boss quote just happened to include the player's unit talking, something that didn't happen in normal FE, and me attacking with Denning was something the author didn't consider.

But still...

DENNING BROKE CHARACTER

OH MAN

Ephraim: Heh. Come at me with all you’ve got.

paFvaPd.pngs8f6Bqu.png

Denning! THAT ISN'T ALL YOU HAVE!

epmf0JO.pngdSePGiO.png

I was more worried about Lute than Ephraim, but now I see I had my priorities backwards.

E8WwuzX.png

Trying to save your master? You think you can beat Morva?

Let's try using Denning again!

Xjh3eAI.png

Yes! A hit! Come on, COME ON...

3zogtp7.png

NOOOOOO

nPJ3pyU.png

Morva! I PUT MY TRUST IN YOU! And also, if you fail, death is certain!

NzFRyun.png

Wait, what?

Did we do it?

Did we really win?

Nothing terrible happened? It's over?

Ftsepmh.png

Ephraim: Defeat him…

vygvLtt.png

NEXT TIME: Gleb

All you need to do is kill Gleb, and then we can finally see how far you've fallen. Sanity seems to have taken a big blow, and some Stockholm Syndrome might have happened. You seem more tolerant of Gheb Emblem, anyways. Also, all hail Phantom! (I tried to leetspeak that last bit, but I don't think it would have looked well.)

Actually, the generic boss quote just happened to include the player's unit talking, something that didn't happen in normal FE, and me attacking with Denning was something the author didn't consider.

But still...

DENNING BROKE CHARACTER

OH MAN

Nonsense! That was, uh...an error on the scribe's part!

So! Due to massive image amounts, I'm going to try to do a bunch of updates in what hopefully appears to you guys as rapid succession. If this works, I think there should be a total of 3 updates.

Here we go!

All you need to do is kill Gleb, and then we can finally see how far you've fallen. Sanity seems to have taken a big blow, and some Stockholm Syndrome might have happened. You seem more tolerant of Gheb Emblem, anyways. Also, all hail Phantom! (I tried to leetspeak that last bit, but I don't think it would have looked well.)

My sanity... I don't even know anymore. I think... I'm sort of okay? Maybe it's the calm before the storm, and one more thing could push me over the slippery slope?

Nonsense! That was, uh...an error on the scribe's part!

Wait, do you mean ME? Nonsense! I NEVER MAKE ERRORS!

NEVER!

pleasedon'tfindanypleasedon'tfindany

Let's witness the end in...

GhebFE: The Last Dialogue:

a0vQtZm.png

Where we left off, Ephraim died and morphed into a Peer.

Zd748pV.pngvFbnAGO.png

Determination? Please, stop making me associate this game with Undertale.

Ephraim: What is it that you have…

Gheb: Huh? Look, boy… I’m Gheb.

L38yrss.png

Gheb: but still all too easy for meh! Got that!

*sigh* Gheb, I hope you realize that you would be dead so many times over without my help.

Ephraim: I think it’s time I stayed dead…

RbE19IK.pngtYcgKvG.png

Ephraim then just sort of... walks out. He doesn't die, he just goes away. Huh?

CJBQuc7.png

Gheb: What’s going on now?

Well, Gheb, it appears the floor has turned black.

t7maLHQ.png

Gleb: Hehehe…

Is it really time? Is there really nothing left in our way?

cX3PwjS.png

0QsyFPE.pngBUF1Q3k.pngpou4Qes.pngnYELkH6.pngFqo91dY.png6HU3R8M.png

C2kmNFu.png3ozir68.png

Special effects! NOW we're getting serious!

uwWdZg1.png

It's... he's...

...A hero?

kJEwjNh.png6ZDFLAt.png

Gheb: Glass! Look!

Glass: I’m not blind fat ma! I see him.

gSbXitz.png

AIDs apparently has very high stats.

Gheb: Eww!

GPP3nFZ.png

Fina-what?

Uh... I don't know what portrait I was expecting for Gleb, but... it wasn't that!

kUj4gZp.pngppWUvNj.png

Gheb: Douche, you’re the one who’s dead.

Glass: Peerless and schmexy, that’s what we are. That’s how we’re gonna take you down!

hom1gOf.png

It was all with my help, Gleb. They would've died in the Prologue without me.

Gleb: No matter. I am invincible! Try me! Ahahaha!

y8CFXgB.png

Enter our forces! Now, there's just one thing left...

AapVWKB.pngQm3Fqu5.png

Gheb: You said something about him being weak to the dope. You brought some with you, right?

L’arachel: Yesh, let me check. Aha! It’s glowing!

Gheb: Pwnsome. What do we do with it?

npzeCAL.png

I have no comment.

L’arachel: Teehee!

Gheb: Gimme that! Everyone! In the name of manly and schmexy!

aX2tJZu.pngQjAOmPn.png

This is almost inspiring! But everyone, don't forget: We're dealing with a fat rapist here!'

Now, let's have our party chime in!

5fU7q6I.png

Glass: We’re gonna win.

0zjxnTb.png

F8Mb6Mi.png

caMrMjG.png

lncFEdB.png

Lyon: You… you did too much too me… now you’ll pay.

You know, I could criticize the "Lyon was with Gleb" thing for being contrived and last-minute, but I feel like it would be pointless.

2WdPOkY.png

Ewan: sh-shota…

HSVrKkW.png

WRM7kMY.png

Morva: For peace…

j0BvzYr.png

Colm: myself I ended up all the way here… I’m gonna be rich after this!

Colm's text seems a bit glitchy.

tmrjkaP.png

Selena: It’s been an honor serving you all. However quirky you might be.

tltKqnM.png

L’arachel: Teehee!

CWNIgsA.png

Gheb: Let’s finish this!

zQ3DUKT.png

Gleb: That’s…

jvDieeb.png

Now, we'll stop Gleb! WITH THE POWER OF UNNAMED DRUGS!

Gleb: No… that’s MJ’s stone! Crap… … Still… I’m too powerful for one stone to take my powers away… heheh…

XbZRJYS.png

I mean, the Dope in question here might just be us using sleeping medication to make him drowsy.

CJE7xxK.png

??? Huh?

P9E71Ix.png

???: I think I’ll go with Karla.

NVZgWuo.png

What exactly is happening here?

???: …

???: What are you looking at?

bzmR4F9.png

o9HSIQT.pngscxyZHj.png

OS1injt.png

I think it's safe to say any sort of dramatic atmosphere we had going is long gone now.

hvIDPzF.pngupSlcns.png

OKAY! Now, this is it! Us Vs. Gleb! FINALLY, we can kill this loser who has caused us NO END of trouble! Let's look at his stats!

JFxCAJw.pngEt0Fpvi.pngzl75hZC.png

JUAzPBH.png

OH. Oh crap! I was not expecting him to be QUITE this tough! Is he really going to use that 8 MOV against us? He can 1-2 short ANYONE on our party (plus garaunteed a double against all using standard weaponry), is quite possibly the only thing in the universe fatter than Gleb, and has extra BONUS abilities that this stat screen doesn't even show!

This... is going to be quite the fight.

NEXT TIME: Our Hero

Let's experience the power of raw BS in...

GhebFE: The Finisher, in So Many Ways:

Don't forget to put on some epic music!

ikQKTt6.png

First off, on the off-chance that he actually moves, we have to stay FAR FAR FAR away from him!

Pircsm4.png

Ah hah... hah... I feel like crying... This is going to hurt, isn't it?

ZWcRzyg.png

This should be an appropriate distance.

qMMjZoq.png

I hope you didn't think he couldn't summon monsters just because he wasn't a Fomortiis! We'll still have plenty of mooks to fight!

pMGJFk6.png

I'm in no mood to hold back. I'm going to hope he doesn't move, and have everyone charge forward!

PyMgWB7.pngy5mgN7W.png

Worth a shot.

And on Enemy Phase, it turns out that Gleb DOESN'T move to attack!

iVltYV5.png

HE MOVES TO STEAL.

3W6x5DX.png

I... I just... I don't...

yQ0jTbD.pngcaKepMw.png

Maybe this can help???

Gg9X5sD.png

No, Gleb is totally immune to status effects. Again, worth a shot!

But...

Okay.

Let me explain this to all of you.

Gleb has 128 HP. His stats are absolutely overpowering (no, I don't mean overpowered). In a straight fight, nobody stands an inkling of a chance against him. He's a final boss that:

1: Has the attack power necessary to kill anybody he wants, whenever he wants.

2: Has 45 Def/Res, meaning all but our strongest units might as well hang back and pick off mooks.

3: Has enough Avoid that it's absolutely impossible to consistently hit him-you'll be praying to the RNG that you'll be able to damage him.

4: We don't have enough Iron Runes for everyone, and this guy has sixty-seven critrate. Even if we could survive two attacks in a row, it would STILL be luck-based.

5: Can take one of your healing items at the start without you knowing because there is no indication to the player that he can steal, and can take more if you aren't careful. This also serves to keep him chasing you if you try to run away and handle the problem from a distance.

In short? These factors all working together don't leave us with many options. Here's what we have:

1: Throw everything we have at him, and pray. It doesn't help that since he technically isn't a "monster" unit, legendary weapons don't become super-useful against him. We can barely hurt him, will suffer instant death with most of the units we can use, oh, and he has elixirs, which are certain to make me cry.

2: Wear down Lucifer with Phantoms. It only has 20 uses. It's doable, but we'd need to hold off monster summons and his steals while we did it.

3: Some other outside-the-box tactic, like using Mooving for the Mine Glitch or something like that.

And...

xUsW4Ii.png

4: DENNING

WC2l98T.pngvNIe4Yu.png

2 40's! AFTER ALL I'VE GIVEN YOU, YOU STUPID HACK, IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?

gFX6qiK.pnglYzIJVZ.png

He crits, and Denning is back in character again...

As I said! RNG is NECESSARY for this fight!

Sm9A1a8.png

No, legendary weapons confirmed not effective. Seeing this makes me more determined to try again with Denning!

xnH2qBr.pngWXhW4MO.pngzvN63vs.png

I had a Phantom, but Gleb decides to summon more monsters! This included a Chaos Dragon.

Come on, Denning! We can't do this without you! I BELIEVE IN YOU!

Hpopt5X.png

This is a message from Lord Nergal...

Srbc2YT.png

I await you...

NLBeDw5.pngrOCOjhK.pngeE6d5nu.png

IN HELL.

Phew...

6KMaP5u.png

Sonia: You took Gleb down.

L’arachel: YAAAAYYYY!!!

4QIPAl8.pngtENeoVV.png

For once... I agree with you, Gheb. All the way. If only because it means I won't be looking at you another second.

Gheb: … This is so awesome.

Glass: Well, what do we do now, fat man?

Gheb: LOL. I don’t know.

CCNjuFP.pngCytwnSw.png

Yep, everything's better when you're asleep, Gheb.

L’arachel: Teehee! That sounds about right.

Sonia: Then off we go.

TFmHx8m.pngjWdvAzo.png

Gleb: You haven’t-ugh…

I hope I've seen the last of you! You guys better not make me play GhebSaga or whatever it was called!

But, even if you do, I'm not doing that for a LONG time. I have better hacks I need to play.

MqQObOo.png

Kiwi: Arrange the necessary requirements to make his well-payed forces into an official force. Working for Gheb, of course. Aren’t you happy for Kiwi? At least… Kiwi is happy for Kiwi.

Ephidel: Metal one… So that means we’ll be permanently united with these fools?

Denning: This is a message from Lord Nergal.

Kiwi: What the dummy said. Also, yes.

Ephidel: Well…

5ouAVrj.png

Pay him with raises? Doesn't that seem a bit paradoxical?

rk3cPfd.png

Ephidel: We’ll keep talking business.

Denning: This is a message from Lord Nergal.

zL5LSNz.pngD3E8HZV.png

Hey, ladies I didn't use!

Tethys: I’d say.

Marisa: … I think I agree.

Tethys: We should do this again sometime(PLEASE NO). Now that the war’s over, what are you girls gonna do?

eOOcIml.png

I agree. I so, so agree.

HmsDlRC.png

Sadly, I'm only getting paid in recognition and bragging rights.

Karla: I’m just gonna go to Jehanna. It’s supposed to be swordsman land there so…

aP1vkvF.png

So everyone can get more drugs, yay.

Tethys: I like performing. And hopefully with new partners.

Marisa: …I uh… I think I’ll go with Karla.

Karla: Hmm? Well, uh, okay?

Marisa: …

Karla: What are you looking at?

jKHrVs2.pngPQG5Xdd.png

Karla runs away so fast she leaves her speech bubble behind. It also appears we've found the source of the glitchy text.

Karla: !!

Marisa: Can I hug your boobs?

Karla: Ugh!

p2jXG7Z.png

Annnnnnd it glitches again!

GLDOMX8.png

Batta: That’s hot stuff…

QDnE2wf.png

Gheb: And fix our schmexy HQ. We have a crapload of stuff to do,

n5Azwjn.png

Haha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha. Ha. Ha... Ha... Ha...

*sob*

Amelia: I think so.

Tana: Of course it was, schmexyness!

Calleach: I must admit it was fun.

Gheb: Now, let’s march you douches!

WAmwmn7.png

Okay, I'd appreciate it if this would stop happening.

VZ4g1qD.pngaxN3aCb.pngzEMN4Xo.png

Glen was okay, but Marcus certainly did not prove himself.

Glass: get PWNed by my peerless skillz.

Glen: …do you want me to say I’m sorry again?

Glass: Hell no, I’m just sayen foo.

Marcus: Nergal looked so different this time though.

Glass: … Marcus…

i3cSlfH.png

Marcus: Sorry, sorry, but I just can’t shake that Nergal feeling off me. Sheesh.

Glass: Let’s just go.

FxHnV2S.png

Gheb: That’s all folks!

r0E68BT.png

fTnTyrb.png

It seems we're done. That's really it.

Credits/endings/the like coming shortly.

EDIT:

I sense scribe errors....

No, I meant that Gleb obviously was paradoxically fatter than himself, and did not mean to type an "h" where I typed an "l", how dare you question me?
Okay, I WANTED very badly to finish today, but Imgur is refusing to cooperate so it seems we'll all have to wait. Sorry, guys.
Edited by TheMoniker

He can 1-2 short ANYONE on our party

I sense a scribe error (by which I was intending to mean an error on the part of the fictional scribe who we imagined wrote all this down, because he had the misfortune of being a historian in that universe).

Hpopt5X.png

This is a message from Lord Nergal...

Srbc2YT.png

I await you...

NLBeDw5.pngrOCOjhK.pngeE6d5nu.png

IN HELL.

Undoubtedly the best possible way Denning could have broken character.

I sense a scribe error (by which I was intending to mean an error on the part of the fictional scribe who we imagined wrote all this down, because he had the misfortune of being a historian in that universe).

Ah. The fictional scribe makes lots of errors. You were right all along.

(Please don't let pointing out all my typos become a thing...)

Let's be done in...

GhebFE: Epilogue: The End

ya1m7vh.png

Now, for some cutscenes. You know what? I can take it. I can take any crappiness in them, if it means this hack ends.

And no, we're not doing the Tower OR the Ruins. I'm closing the poll. Honestly, I'm kind of regretting making it so convoluted now, since it totally skewed the results. Overall, I'd estimate there's about a 50/50 split either way, and I don't think it's worth any further hits to my sanity.

KdpnS01.png

Back to the matter at hand!

LNcVybB.png

L’arachel: and the rest of the circus to fix what was broken between us. Teehee! But you all feel free to ask us for anything! You all hold a special place with us!

VkgUbak.png

That wasn't much dialogue! Don't worry, none of these will take long.

zJJRnDj.pngs844T8g.png

Batta: I like the desert. Plus this is the craphole I came from anyway. And the queen really needs some loving.

So, she did live, right?

ynbe6oB.png3a2Utdw.png

Our castle!

UGZ3qIj.pngFXJ4NrD.png

I expected nothing less.

(The text is actually correct, though displayed in a glitchy manner.)

Kiwi(?): That would be most gratifying for Kiwi.

xrCDugK.png2J2wG5P.png

Gheb: My epic home.

Glass: Our epic kingdome.

KWgCop2.png

Yes, it's better one woman makes the sacrifice than have Gheb defile every woman around the world.

BUT WHO?

cNBvKfM.png

Gheb: Lyon holds a special place in my hart. But I need a queen. He’ll understand.

Glass: Eh, I don’t care about that. I’m gonna get myself some well deserved women. The ones you pick are not bad, but there are some that are just special. So you won’t see me around here for a while. I’ll probably be at Grado.

Gheb: So you’ll leave little ol’me here all alone then, huh? No matter. I’m not your keeper. Don’t be a stranger, asshole.

Glass: Same, fat turd.

YDGbhYI.png

And thus, it ends! Now, let's look at the names of the people who made this game!

o8TCJOL.png

What!? Satoru Iwata? Tohru Narihiro? Hitoshi Yamagami? KENJI IMAI?!? How DARE these people put their names on this!

(Not really, of course. Let's skip to the end of the credits)

WJ2efAD.png

Wow, look at all these cool CGs that didn't happen.

t8qRBWS.png

I think Nintendo/IS would make an exception for this hack. They don't want it.

Q5ciadR.png

This is Lyon talking. I think he said "remember how I was the villain in the first game"? But of course, the game decided now was the time for a text skip.

Xo73ZRG.png

N: loves me as much as Gheb does.

Mxr3v40.png

Please, please just shut up.

ffTQdwB.png8JlnwqP.png

Hmmm, I wonder what- oh yeah!

REQUIEM!

9ZGNNDw.png

FNi6rqN.png

xiUAkXw.png

RjqXyxP.png

These are probably amazing turncounts. With any luck, every single person who played GhebFE was even worse than I am, and LTCers haven't bothered with this, and I've set some sort of World Record!

Okay! We're done!

Oh? What's that?

Aren't we FORGETTING SOMETHING?

That's right! It's UNIT TIME!

0G5kko8.pnguRaJhe7.png

Tana, the Pegasus Kn. who joined early and didn't get used. Maybe she would've turned into something, but she couldn't survive in the axe-filled hell that was earlygame GhebFE.

qfMytEE.pngRRdre12.png

Remember when Caellach was our savior/crutch character and we always needed him? Man, that was so long ago...

um3SsMg.pngFrHC92u.png

In the earlygame, we needed a lot of healing, and Moulder was the natural candidate for such healing. Because of that, he pulled ahead early on, and became an extremely reliable character in the midgame. Towards the endgame, he kind of just stopped being great, sadly.

ApGE5WI.pngbNClcUK.png

Vanessa never proved her usefulness! Presumably, she would've been better than Tana, but I decided it was better to wait for Glen. Or something like that, I forget my reasoning.

7ZaRMiZ.pngKjNn6aQ.pngzL7W4gT.png

Cormag and Riev both dropped out of my team later on, for good reasons. Cormag didn't really specialize in anything-he just wasn't good, and was hurt by a lack of promotion item availability. Riev was so overspecialized he wouldn't have survived the later chapters (11 speed? 7 Defense? No magic/skill stat is worth that), so he got dropped as well.

MZsQOVH.pngQUiCLnV.png

Colm started as just a thief, but later on become a great combat unit. His crazy luck and speed meant he could dodge everything while still hitting really hard.

jiysHHQ.png

Unlike Riev, Selena had the redeeming qualities necessary to make up for low defense/HP-namely, very good speed. She never got to be a dodgetank like Colm, but when we needed someone to hit hard and double, she was there.

HZokfC3.pngVPAwKJK.png

I think I originally planned to make something out of Novala, until I saw Ewan. Looking back... what was I THINKING?

CnSQ17M.pngkHCCQEx.png

Batta was very strong, an HP-tank, and hit very hard. Sort of like a second Gheb, but a bit better. He never really excelled, sadly.

eNN5igo.png

Ah yes, Ewan, mr "80% in every stat". He joined in earlygame, carried me through midgame, and remained useful in endgame. If only I had put him in a class that could promote to T3, then who knows what he could have accomplished?

Bx4Jm1h.pngR7ZAr0X.png

Glen was mostly useful for flier utility, he could cover a lot of areas at once. At the same time, he was never a bad combat unit. He helped hold out against GhebFE's insane enemies.

0rUEeKd.pngchE2odV.png

Marcus might have been a better Cormag, but we'll never know.

LbYx0u0.png19oBgmj.png

Kiwi was a very standard general, and good enough at it to fit his role. Despite his story importance, he wasn't particularly remarkable, but he was always useful.

(I thought he got the money from trees?)

OjmZ0B1.pngexnWn0c.png

Denning, the true ultimate master MVP. Thank you, Denning, for everything you did for us. You opportunistically slayed so many bosses, helped against so many mooks, dodged so many attacks... if all units were like you, the game would have been a cakewalk.

Then again, it might just be his T3-ness talking. But still.

TAyb1bT.pngwUYzp5X.png

I had Glen, and so didn't consider Valter. Plus, he's Valter, I wouldn't want to have used him anyway.

FoTiYSa.pnggD4vGSr.png

Didn't someone say McCartner had a promotion? I forget. Either way, he was a bard and that's pretty much all he was.

oK1UA00.pngaan1ESE.png

Duessel, you caused me such an unbelievable amount of trouble on the failed mistake that was my attempt at Glass's route. I hate you. Go die somewhere.

JaaYoN0.png5SYclfP.png

Lyon was our Summoner of Bait, and in that, he excelled. His low defense meant I could never deploy him as an actual combatant, though. He chipped in when necessary, but otherwise eternally stayed back. Either way, he helped.

bueAIts.png2j7GJ42.png

(The Prostitute of Light???)

I feel like L'Arachel could have been another Denning if I had been able to get her to T3 and get her some more defense. Alas, she was so needed for healing I never got to use her for much combat, though when she did have to fight she was always good at it.

3qFfPR0.pngeOAdArt.png

Karla was overspecialized. Level 2 swordsmaster with 28 HP? No thanks.

tE3C5Cq.pngjOhAOVc.png

Who knows what kind of unit she would have made. I never tested her out on the field much.

PDY5Rkp.pnguQp7Mew.png

Marisa came so incredibly underleveled, I didn't even consider using her. Looking back, she might have been made into something much stronger than Karla.

6zN4knM.pngrYusnuD.png

Had Ewan, didn't need.

zR4RGPS.pngMBDGF7f.png

Morva joined very late, and thanks to the abundant dragonstones, proved himself competent at slaughtering mooks. For some reason, though, every boss we fought brought him to his knees.

XSKiFrU.pngJQabkEJ.png

Glass, unlike a certain other lord, proved himself competent once I trained him. He wasn't made of Glass after all, it seems.

iZ9DmEW.png

Amelia was actually a good unit, but she was held back by her poor strength cap and never got a chance to shine. Still, she was dependable, and with us throughout the entire game.

dEvhLKd.png

Gheb... ugh, I don't even want to talk about it.

Remember how there were tons of extra characters? They don't get endings, but here they are anyways.

2vEybsm.png

Gerik; he tagged along but was never that great. His deployment slot could've been better used elsewhere, I bet.

oLUS4Vu.png

Sonia, your everyday endgame crutch character. I appreciate GhebFE giving her to us, even if it did in-universe cost us MJ.

iBNZvQb.png

Allegedly, his growths were Ewan-like, but I didn't see them. Everyone start imaging AU scenarios where I used him.

zgqdu2I.png

Renault, the Orson who DIDN'T defect. He helped in 5x, but after that, I decided I didn't want any more crutch characters.

GVTbbQ6.png

Ai-Ke. He might have been good, but all I really remember is his glitchy appearance in the chapter where we attacked Jehanna.

BV2sTG6.pngkHCCQEx.png

Fargus. Strong, and that's about it. Batta's there for comparison. They're more equal than I was expecting.

VAIv5TO.png

No comment.

N7PxAj0.png

I should've switched Riev out for him when I had the chance. Ah well. At least we don't have to deal with his badly-written butt anymore.

UDS8TV8.png

I don't even know why she's here. She's probably 1000x better than Vanessa or Tana, but she joined so late on non-Glass's route that my team was too set-in-stone to train her up.

U6h6wjh.png

And that's it. We've finally made it through...

Finally...

Wait, what? You think something's missing?

Gheb and Amelia's ending text? Oh yeah! Forgot to post that! Let's take a look!

wPY8vD2.png

This...

This...

I...

I just...

Moniker's sanity has dropped by TOO MANY points!

Moniker's sanity has been destroyed.

Well, that ending pushed you off the edge! *dials mental asylum* Hello, I have a Moniker that needs to be held in your building... GhebFE's last words finished him off after the start started the slippery slope of his insanity...

What were the scribe's final thoughts? *stares at scroll* "Hack... terrible... Ghebs... everywhere... FE16... mite bee ghebfe seequl..."

I think the scribe lost it too.

Edited by Darrman