TheMoniker struggles through GhebFE

TheMoniker

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, your guesses got steadily more interesting, and it's time to see who is right!

...Sonia?

NO.

NOPE.

NOOOOOOO!

WHY THIS BITCH?! WHY COULDN'T WE GET LIMSTELLA?! WHYYYYYYY?!

Silver's Sanity has decreased by 3597 points!

GhebFE's LOVE increased!

EDIT: My guess is Lyon.

So, you don't like Sonia, is what I get from this post.

Time to defend in...

GhebFE: Episode 23: Chapter 20: Part 1: The Eternal Cycle of Generic Enslavement

RuGNRPm.png

Colm moves ahead to scout, except I realize that he's absolutely incapable of scouting. Whoops! Not having "night vision" on rogues seems like a pointless change...

qRVNyAc.png

I won't need too many people to handle the losers here, but they DO have a Finisher Axe on their side, which is always bad news.

2T15Tnf.png450GeEH.png

The rest of the turn is moving into position. On enemy phase, Colm proves himself!

WZvrdTe.png

The other mercenary fails at taking out a knight. Not losers anymore!

Wv4jYn2.png

Wait, what?! A ballista?

Yup. It's only one guy on the top, but he's more than careful of pelting people in the throne room. Thankfully, he's way too weak to even hope to kill Sonia, but he can still potentially threaten any weaklings you park there.

8dEcVlb.png

It appears SilverHairedFreak was right! I did not anticipate the power of "can strike consecutively". Stupid...

(I'll send an invisible envelope with invisible money to your house, SilverHairedFreak. If I can find enough invisible postage...)

ZU6ekQ5.png

Starting again, I remember to give someone the Member Card. We unfortunately lack the Silver Card, I'm sorry to say.

qCewUUg.png

Oh no

I almost died

Xx6mhE8.pngYkb0QtS.png

And I thought they were going to survive! Nope, the magic units in the front chop through these guys like butter!

P9ortn2.pngGBxFTyy.png

The general is fine, but the allied "can strike consecutively" moved up to attack a mercenary... which is bad, because it means my guys on the top front are all alone.

BOXHswK.png

But that's not saying I don't need their help here!

Man, this is what I like about this mission... tons of promoted enemies rushing at you, and you have to fend them all off!

1KDodJc.pngvXniHPb.png

Moulder > Most other magic units.

Dz8mgfD.png

I have to try it!

6R9SkDh.png

The animation just sort of holds here. It's really weird...

6R9SkDh.png

And hold...

6R9SkDh.png

And hoooooooooldddd...

It's frozen, isn't i-

LOWMAGV.png

No? Huh?

The animation takes a hilariously long time to complete-like, 15 seconds on 800% speed, but it DOES put the enemy to sleep... and not damage them.

Overall, really weird, and it's clear it wasn't meant to be used by players.

Jjvdqdn.png

Finisher axes? Pfft. Got nothing on the generals.

eTGQRVc.png

Blarg.

NcbBF6J.png

Colm fades out of existence, and saves his own life in the process.

snulKim.png

Never mind, two generals. Fading out of existence was a wasted effort.

7vKHbV2.png

Ding ding ding!

aoTrlB2.png

That's 3 allies lost, no reward at the end of the chapter for us. Then again, I was never counting on that.

XRYYQQO.png

Oh. Oh. Crraaaaaaapppppp.

So, as you can see by the "Natasha", this Berserk has been delivered to us personally by the chapter boss. The thing is, since Green units go after the enemies, and before us, we can't actually stop this guy from attacking us. At all.

AsbQsUC.png

A Great Knight charges headlong into a Nosferatu shaman. It doesn't end well for him.

8iKGYUd.png

Ow! OW! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE ON MY SIDE!

fPAyDc6.png

So far, we haven't expanded our reach too far outside the center of the castle. We need to focus on clearing the enemies around us!

Gw4dAeu.png

Go! GO CLEAR THE ENEMIES AROUND US!

Ut6ajzU.pngo92Dynn.png

Pathetic. I thought you were supposed to be Heroes, not myrmidons.

FsLvnAV.png2GOZK0U.png

The ACTUAL myrmidons aren't any better.

wK3y7GV.pngDLJ6Pra.png

Profitable murder, the ultimate moral of Fire Emblem.

e5iBLLL.png

Ow! I have to move Riev away from that stupid ballistician!

hVkC2e9.png

And the other one is Berserk. I need L'arachel over there!

JJrsbt2.png

He did his job!

1TOLiZP.png

He... didn't...

So, the thing is, the greenies are trapped in an ETERNAL cycle of being berserked. I can only Restore 1, and he's just berserked again the next turn!

They are locked in an eternal cycle! Unable to escape! All of us are powerless!

hLpezBV.png

Morva gets a level, though.

4ctBBcH.png

Wait, what? How can I see...

Oh, I understand! Denning has fog vision!

Is it just me, or do Musketeers have RIDICULOUS utility? They have lances, bows, all the powers of a sniper with extra stats, magic, dancing (well, it doesn't work, but it's the thought that counts!), and now thief vision too! Denning is my only "real" T3, and he makes me wonder if the others are like this.

EZmoKgO.png

The ghosts are indeed back. I'm pretty sure someone warned me about that.

p40f75A.png

Thankfully, they aren't very tough.

q5qAReF.png

Selena dies a few more times before I realize that I should probably pull the no-defense unit off the front lines.

Iqor0rH.png

A hero comes, and suddenly, wham! Lyon becomes competent just in time to save his life! Seriously, he would have been doubled and died here, but he got a 2% out of nowhere!

oA3nl2C.png

Man, Lyon. Maybe you aren't so terrible after all. This doesn't excuse your personality, though!

JWLSeod.png

The top front is struggling, I'll need to send someone up to help them.

FIqq7Tw.png

I try to give them Restore, and break them free of the cycle, but it's futile... they'll just be berserked again... IT WILL GO ON FOREVER!

zZVwFdh.png

Huh?

eWtVjBn.pngRi4DdQp.png

Natasha! She's moved up from her original position, and thankfully doesn't move, but it seems like she could be easily KOed any time we want to end the chapter...

ByVd0ZV.png

Or so it SEEMS. It's not worth risking death by this weapon when there's no much EXP and treasure to be gained by playing the chapter normally. It only has 10 uses, so it isn't worth stealing anyways.

FYtsJNG.png

I tired to take advantage of Sonia's Recover, but she refused to heal Glen for me.

6bq4mJV.png

The reinforcements start coming, and will come en masse throughout the chapter. I'm not going to screenshot them all.

9ojESLJ.pngdiF96jg.png

Poor accuracy all around...

jAhCFGb.png

*GASP*

He... he did it...

He subverted the infinite cycle... broke free of his Berserk chains! Now, I can be safe from Berserked allies!

This greenie is a hero. I award him the honorary Moniker "useful ally" award.

87HEbUE.png

This guy strayed a bit from the battlefield trying to use his vulneraries.

5repm0Z.png

Finally, they do their jobs right!

ByHlc6f.png

Good news! With Kiwi and Ewan, I've sealed off the bottom area. We still have to worry about the top. but as long as they keep tanking the main bottom force is essentially neutralized.

R06FKiz.png

And even better news, Colm has reached the treasure chests and begun looting.

IImRGzM.png

All things Lyon needs desperately. He shouldn't be needing things desperately as a T3, but, yeah...

QyEoZfH.pngi2uZviY.png

Brave weapons and Berserk eradication. Now, the units who were dedicated to holding the bottom are free to use their lives in pursuit of better things.

Z2PfJmm.png

I hope it's got good things!

B4POjrG.png

Inside, we've got this weird thing and a bunch of promotion items. The sad thing is, though... I'm broke! I can't afford ANYTHING! Waaaaah!

RNNCXuy.pngW7g7rzL.png

Uh oh. Jerk spotted. However, we are almost halfway through the chapter!

Al3Uk9E.png

It just couldn't have been enough for a promotion item, huh?

Now, let me show you guys something.

kn41Zpg.png3HYN4Vi.png

Rifling through my convoy, I only have one chest and door key. The thing is, Colm won't be able to make it to the other chests on the other side of the map by walking.

dZPQtyS.png

So, I have to get these out of the convoy and make Gheb pick only ONE of the chests... hmm...

pxZD0cW.png

Hah! TWO can plat the siege tome game, loser!

omvkxT5.png

This Finisher Bow... is finished.

nPbmPGO.png

And so is Glass. Or he would be, if he wasn't mandatory.

NK7NZOo.png

Hey! HP cap!

4x1T44q.png

Oh, an assassin. Maybe I can get him to open the door and a chest for me.

RPdxPDJ.png

MUCH better, Glass.

hpBvpdO.png

Never mind! You suck, 100%!

sfxdFXb.png

Better you than me, buddy.

rzr6DU3.pngPXfKEM1.png

I forgot Assassins could steal.

NEXT TIME: Moniker gets all the chests open anyways.

So, you don't like Sonia, is what I get from this post.

No, where I come from, "bitch" is one of the highest compliments a woman can recieve! OF COURSE I HATE SONIA!

8dEcVlb.png

It appears SilverHairedFreak was right! I did not anticipate the power of "can strike consecutively". Stupid...

(I'll send an invisible envelope with invisible money to your house, SilverHairedFreak. If I can find enough invisible postage...)

THE FREAK KNOWS ALL. now silv get muns for cool leg!

It´s not surprising that you are having problems with berserker units, I tried to warn you, you should have bought physics and restores, and torchs, but you are handeling the chapter pretty well, in fact better than I expected knowing how your units are.

If i remember correctly, Natasha actually moves, so be careful with her, she is an awful pain in the..., well you know. Also, if the green units survive you get the same reward that you get on vanilla fe, so dont bother to much with that.

Also you indeed get Sonia, but not in this chapter, she doesn´t have caped states when you get her, but is okay and her 3 tier is awesome.

And if you want, I can give you a tip to get some extra funds in this game, although you wouldn´t use it now, in the aftergame you will need it (depending how the poll ends).

Edited by The Exaccus

You realize that now, not only must you send him money, but invisible money as well, correct?

I expect my scientific breakthrough within the week.

It´s not surprising that you are having problems with berserker units, I tried to warn you, you should have bought physics and restores, and torchs, but you are handeling the chapter pretty well, in fact better than I expected knowing how your units are.

If i remember correctly, Natasha actually moves, so be careful with her, she is an awful pain in the..., well you know. Also, if the green units survive you get the same reward that you get on vanilla fe, so dont bother to much with that.

Also you indeed get Sonia, but not in this chapter, she doesn´t have caped states when you get her, but is okay and her 3 tier is awesome.

And if you want, I can give you a tip to get some extra funds in this game, although you wouldn´t use it now, in the aftergame you will need it (depending how the poll ends).

No, Natasha doesn't move. Maybe it was because everyone else was cramming themselves in her way, that's possible too.

Feel free to give tips. I'm not above accepting assistance!

You realize that now, not only must you send him money, but invisible money as well, correct?

I expect my scientific breakthrough within the week.

I've already sent it off. It might get lost in the mail, but that's very unlikely with our excellent postal system.

GhebFE: Episode 23: Chapter 20: Part 2: Chests and Chokepoints

TYZd9Lq.png

This is certainly a good note to start the update on! I'll be using this!

bI60Fpw.png

Almost perfect! As long as Selena can keep Kiwi healed, he'll hold out fine.

Yi75XEV.png

I had Glass use the Dark Dragonstone again, and apparently it DOES hit all enemies in a 1-3 range. I'll have to keep it in mind.

wvq1erW.pngdHEHHfz.png

For the units in question, these are really good levels.

ZNhgeJs.png

Ghosts from the bottom, not that we care.

g5ttdmt.png

yVU4Hin.pngsib79vm.png

Well, that turned out neutrally.

WIv9jmC.pngw7uIGBD.png

That, too, turned out neutrally.

GUxTa9O.pngTC92szB.png3GQrGWZ.png

Defense missions really are exp gold mines. Every +1 makes me feel more prepared for the upcoming finale.

Oox4bMC.png

The top defense is going really well. Just 2 heroes, we'll be good.

Spot the mistake!

XXOcgvf.png

Stealing a vulnerary, and then using it to make yourself harder to kill.

This rogue is a master troll.

KJT5FZU.png

I so, so wish you had a T3. Still, you're proving yourself useful regardless.

NbzbKxo.png

Annnnnd I left the heroes a route to Lyon. Ow.

LR6xnpK.png

After another try, we make it through. Things are going crazy in the bottom area but nothing that stands a chance of making it past the castle entrance. The generals signal the start of reinforcements in the bottom area, so...

LZgBMoW.png

Sound the retreat!

At first, I just had Amelia grab Colm to run and leave behind the poor generic. But then I realized something...

dnQVJT2.png

Have Glen grab Colm, use Nils to boost himself...

akht1c1.png

Use Selena for a bit more distance...

CcddcYE.png

And Gerik drops him!

We'll be getting those chests after all.

WcL1XNw.png

Blah. He needs his T3 too.

zpdk61i.png

I remember Kiwi has a Mooving. Don't worry, I won't step on the mine this time.

9QrDmaK.png

STRENGTH!

...And nothing else.

wA5m4Ub.pngyiQ1S8u.png

This poor, sacrificial greenie... monster units start showing up, which I initially found odd but then remembered that this is GhebFE. Little bits of oddness are just drops into a sea of insanity.

FLfmbKN.png

Mostly uneventful player phase...

moN2XBi.png

He held the enemies off for an entire turn. That's all most greenies can aspire to in life.

MkL03B0.png

Speed! Defense! Making up for that last strength-only level!

kkXyzBm.png

The enemies charge ahead, and the next general moves in to resist them pathetically. Don't worry, we'll help this guy out!

c4vbPVm.png

Huh?

FRHKDuU.png

This is a very good all-around sword, but the S rank kind of restricts it.

ChNgVo3.png

The top is totally cleared out. Nobody left.

4tQ1C1Y.png

Ow! Someone made it to Nils-I mean, McCartney... did I call him Nils earlier? Nah...

Thankfully, he can take a hit.

fezro25.png

Just LOOK at the craziness at the bottom. If they'd let the mage knight go first and attack Kiwi, maybe they'd stand a chance, but they keep throwing the swordsmasters, paladins, and Great Knights at me. If I could see through the fog, I wonder how many enemies there would be?

uFjd0BG.png

Compared to the weapon into the chest literally right next to it, this isn't the greatest. Still, Nosferatu powers!

W2nv8OU.png

He's surrounded! Not that it means anything!

kmw3B2W.png

Glen's my only flier. I'm very, very happy he's an okay unit. Even if he wasn't, I'd be kind of stuck with him.

F1mM8zs.png

Here we go! Turn 13! Last one!

Hi9P6AP.png

Nothing's changed on the bottom...

smPdBL7.png

The top is clear, and retreating even though it's relatively pointless...

TJRLvyD.png

This is the only area where we're even a little bit threatened. The solution is...

9ugZcGI.png

Retreat! That general is probably very happy to sacrifice his life for the cause of Gheb.

EgONPPU.png

The general survives despite being surrounded by othergenerals, after taking all the attacks...

...The chapter ends. I know this is super abrupt, but the game didn't do the normal greenies showing up event, so...

NEXT TIME: More rewards!

And I'm just wondering what's in the last treasure chest. Maybe it's a slim sword and you're just not showing it to make GhebFE less awful looking.

Oh no, you're right, I forgot to screenshot it! I think it was a Fenrir or something else unremarkable.

Time for a short talk in...

The CHAPTER 19 CONCLUSION!

Y4vutcY.png

And it wasn't particularly difficult or interesting, either. GhebFE didn't even change the classes much from the original!

BDaJvAd.png

Sonia: Good job.

Gheb: Indeed. That was rather long though. Too long.

Only just long enough to get everything done. Really, this is one of the shortest chapters we've done if you count "redoing due to getting killed by random crap" time.

Glass: Well, where’s our pay?

Sonia: … You’re in no position to demand things but a deal’s a deal. Come with me.

We're totally in a position to demand stuff! We just saved you!

MTbshGB.png

ki1jXyQ.png

But, it looks like we're being led to a treasure room anyways. Hey, we can always use more stuff.

Aa1x1AS.png

STOP SAYING THAT!

L’arachel: This is the White One’s stone.

Sonia: He kept it in case Gleb pulled out of the deal.

L’arachel: Still, with the stones he’s broken already, I believe he’s pretty powerful.

Gheb: Doesn’t matter how powerful the douchebag is. I WILL PWN HIM!

Glass: As will I!

Sonia: You two sound determined.

L’arachel: Yeah, teehee!

9MMkPya.png

Gheb: Where did this… white douche go?

Sonia: Call me whore again and I swear…

7KjunNL.png

L’arachel: TEEHEE!

That was a VERY FORCEFUL teehee.

Sonia: Hmph. He’s at Darkling Woods.

L’arachel: OMG! I love that place!

Glass: So that’s where we’re going then.

L’arachel: OMG, really?

Gheb: Yeah, I must see this…

pZu51m1.png

I doubt it.

L’arachel: YAAAAY!

Sonia: Hmm… Let’s go.

PqwTGep.pngyEsvYJb.png

Sonia: In this mutual cause we have… to take down Gleb… I must give you two things.

Gheb: Hmm?

F7lt36T.png

(BECAUSE YOU ARE)

Gheb: ?!

Sonia: Ugh… Nevermind that…

tUJSATo.png

Sonia: They will serve you well.

9563c6p.png

Gheb: Eh, I’m sure someone in our army will make good use of them.

*said all endgame FE players*

UVRkAiZ.png

Sonia: You don’t say.

L’arachel: I do say! Teehee! Now I’ll get to use them. Yay!

L'arachel could use one of them if the player's been training her, but she would need double S-ranks to use both...

THkyZKv.pngPireQ5j.png

First off, we get something we've been desperately needing: Brain bleach! Sadly, it only lets us bleach away walking metaphors.

M8W91yi.pngZmE2LtT.png

Next up... uh...

I was kind of expecting a more creative dirty name. This just sounds wrong.

ulFr6E4.png

This is probably the best reward we get.

gxHmSFb.png

Glass: One second though… Aren’t you coming?

Sonia: … that’s a stupid question… … Look…

mMJ8sJ0.png

Sonia: So… yes… I’ll come with you douches.

Wait, she IS coming? Looks like she'll get to be an extra character after all!

L’arachel: Oh my! Really?! AWESOME!

65uRK1t.png

Gheb: What’s her problem?

Sonia: *sigh* I dunno…

Gheb: Eh…

hKnU0AL.png

Sonia: Shaddup, prick.

Glass: … I have my eyes on you…

imv8nNa.png

Sonia: This is gonna be quite a work out… Guards!

coEbNlZ.png

Sonia: *text skip* to actually do a decent job of guarding this place. But, when I come back, I want to actually have a place to come back to. So keep it whole and keep it clean. Understand!

Guard: Ah, eh, yes!

Can we really trust these slightly-decimated NPC forces when they needed our help before? Whatever, hopefully Gleb will be too distracted with us to level the place. But, we do get Sonia!

Getting Sonia ends up working against us.

Xi8Ac6o.png

Wait, what? Huh???

p48nk7y.png

Oh, this is... the normal FE8 cutscene for the reward we get for saving enough greenies. With no alterations. I find it kinda odd, and it's rather jarring to see FE8's original good dialogue after GhebFE's crap.

zzM7yDN.pngkfsOsPF.png

This is trash at the point we're at, particularly since we have a Runesword, but whatever, I'll take it.

Rvq6c5F.png

NEXT TIME: We finally meet the White One. Turns out, he has a TRUE IDENTITY. Guess who it is?

Really, it's a huge achievement, how far we've come. Soon, we'll be able to finally finish this.

- Well, to get some extra funds, remember that sword you got in a chest, gomorrae? You can sell it for 22500. Now the trick is that in the first floor of Valni Tower the boss has a gomorrae, steal it from him and you get 22500, and you can do it every time you enter the tower.

Also if I remember correctly moulder doesn´t have a 3 tier, like Colm, Batta and Ewan. I think that Amelia can´t promote if she is not a paladin, but I´m not sure.

And unlike Fe7 Chaos Mode, you can only have one S rank, even if you achieve 2 or more when you promote to 3 tier, the first weapon you use will revert to one S Rank only. For example, if you have S rank in swords and Axes, if you use and axe, then you will have S rank in swords.

Last thing, train Morva for the next chapter, seriously, TRAIN HIM, you will thank me.

An FE7 character with no business in the plot?

Believe it or not... no.

- Well, to get some extra funds, remember that sword you got in a chest, gomorrae? You can sell it for 22500. Now the trick is that in the first floor of Valni Tower the boss has a gomorrae, steal it from him and you get 22500, and you can do it every time you enter the tower.

Also if I remember correctly moulder doesn´t have a 3 tier, like Colm, Batta and Ewan. I think that Amelia can´t promote if she is not a paladin, but I´m not sure.

And unlike Fe7 Chaos Mode, you can only have one S rank, even if you achieve 2 or more when you promote to 3 tier, the first weapon you use will revert to one S Rank only. For example, if you have S rank in swords and Axes, if you use and axe, then you will have S rank in swords.

Last thing, train Morva for the next chapter, seriously, TRAIN HIM, you will thank me.

I'll definitely remember the Gomorrae thing! That cash will be really helpful if I do end up forced into doing the postgame. Also, I haven't been doing any grinding lately, so I'll have to train Morva in the actual chapter. It'll probably go fine.

Time to meet the last person anyone expected in...

The CHAPTER 20 PRELUDE!

rX38U6O.png

The ruins are open! That reminds me; I'm going to conclude the poll soon. I'll be counting the "Stop messing with us, Moniker" votes as neutral votes, so if you voted that and don't want to be neutral, I'd suggest you change it.

22ddjnF.pngN6dWkWT.pngKOzsQyd.png

Before we go, I check out our new shops. Mostly standard selection. It would have been nice if I could've gotten promotion items now that I have the ability to raise funds, but I guess GhebFE isn't willing to provide them in the normal shops, even though it IS willing to give us siege tomes, status staves...

G5y10F1.png

...and random superweapons. I could technically afford it, but I don't even know who would use it.

qmgAZwY.png

I'll spare you the boring me-stocking-up stuff. Just rest assured that everyone on my team has the best equipment available.

WYXS4S9.png

N: We’re nearing the White One,

BjtCa79.pngqdxXoDA.png

Even the narration knows this is getting ridiculous. Let's finally see this guy!

xyveJbz.png

Well, then we'd better eliminate him! Gleb's human armies are gone, so it's just the monsters now!

N: And a ton of other stuff.

WpgcoiR.png

N: Or once powered- Gleb’s army.

r0IbZTy.png

I don't know, I'm kind of expecting it.

yr39Vp8.png

Chapter 6 was "Deep Fear". The port chapter with Duessel was "Deep Fear". My master endgame party no longer needs fear.

VEz6rD6.png

The super-poison-death forest...

So73Brr.png4ZhaR7k.png

Wait, this is him?

The White One(??): I feel like something’s out of place.

wISJFw1.png

Yeah, this is definitely "The White One"... but, what's under that poorly-drawn hat?

TvLfJ5H.png

And Gleb's here too...

The White One: Oooh, no, Gleb baby. I’m talking to the trees and the flowers. But you wouldn’t understand.

Gleb: Why are you…

The White One: Well, I’ve had enough of your betrayal babe.

vfxmdCv.png

*sigh*...

I'm still not sure who this guy is. But he's DEFINITELY taking Morva's place from FE8. And you all know what happened to Morva...

The White One: Thriller-style! Ooh!

Thriller style?

xkxoNlM.png

The White One: I’m so close to your crib I can smell you. You’re gonna get served. Oooh!

Gleb: Okay, okay. But what do you think of Gheb?

The White One: What nonsense are you talking about, baby?

cumcq4b.png

I don't know who Mr. White Hat is, but he's losing my respect fast.

The White One: Oooh!

Gleb: He’s coming up here to try and take me on. Just like you.

The White One: Ooh! … Oh my, then I must meet him!

EnChs4Z.png

You know, I know that from the start, this game has followed all of FE8's eventing to a T.

But, JUST THIS ONCE, could things PLEASE go differently? In a way that's good for me?

The White One: Oooh!

Gleb: This is starting to go downhill…

gHorRTd.png

Wait, aren't those some type of arc words? What do-

CDY2gEm.pngZ2lv3wp.png

The White One: What the fuck are you doing?

No! Come on! Fight him off, random other entity that isn't evil and wants to help me against Gleb!

Gleb: Ahahaha! Looks like your source of power Is coming this way! Looks like those turds

xhH58Bz.png

Gleb: Body!

Wait, Sonia?? Or is it the Sacred Stone? Either way, of COURSE there has to be some contrived plot reason why this is possible!

The White One: Oh my! Get fucking out of my body, Gleb baby! Oooh!

5e40ccr.pngbWOQn9W.png

UBmiOWa.png

And cut...

Poor guy. All he wanted to do was assist us against Gleb, but he's going to be killed by FE8 canon.

rBHWatJ.png

THIS IS NOT THE CORRECT REACTION L'ARACHEL

L’arachel: I love this place! Teehee!

Gheb: The smell of crap here is like nothing I’ve smellt before. I really think I’m gonna hurl.

Glass: Hold it in, fat man.

Sonia: Lightweights… Anyway… I feel the White One’s prescence.

8BdUogz.png

L’arachel: Yay! That means I can pe them!

Gheb: Eww…

Sonia: On the other hand…

6FDHGDu.png

"for some reason"

Sonia: We’re in for a lot of trouble.

Glass: And… I have a very bad feeling about this.

ujS8AE3.png

Gheb: Then the sensible thing to do is get ready for battle, no? TO WAR!!

Luckily, our protagonists have magical foresight ("peerless senses"? Seriously?), and we still get a prep screen and all that.

6Nqabzy.png

Meanwhile, White One over here's been busy... he's summoning.. Myrrhs?

zmNCoHk.pngETPsolf.png

Myrrh lookalike 1#: It’s okay.

Myrrh lookalike 2#: I forgive you.

Myrrh lookalike 1#: I forgive you as well.

The White One: We really didn’t have a choice did we babes?

So, he still has control of his speech and enough control to apparently do tactics, but he can't rebel against Gleb in any way. It would be nice to see him at least trying...

Myrrh lookalike 1#: Not at all.

Myrrh lookalike 2#: Negative.

C2GJxBI.pngN1phu4g.png

I'm getting some familiar vibes from this guy...

Myrrh lookalike 2#: Right.

LXfsxvB.png1wek3aT.png

Gleb: Once Gheb’s down and on my sacrificial altar, I’ll free you fools. You can all make a whole continent for yourselves and all that shit.

The White One: You’re such a meanie Gleb baby. But, I can’t let death take me today. Plus, I get to meet a sexy one, OOH!

Gleb: Just shut up and get ready.

rD8O5Bd.png

The White One: …

Granted, that was my savestates skill, not the turd's skill.

ySA9kSN.png

And suddenly Dozla's here. Okay.

Dozla: I never thought I’d get to fight ever! Thanks for this opportunity, sire!

The White One: Don’t thank me. I know you only live for battle.

Dozla: Bwahaha! That’s right!

atIAQpv.png

Rennac, too? L'arachel's entire old gang is here!

EV188ID.png

Wait, MJ!!? That... wouldn't stand for...

Rennac: What’s in it for us after this?

0lXl1iO.png

Can I side with this guy? I'd rather go after his goal than Gheb's goal.

The White One: Ooooh!

Rennac: And chicks?

The White One: Yeah, that too. Ooh!

Rennac: Heh. Come on, bearded lady!

XzB5cwD.pngEhGFJgd.pngv9mResN.png

And... Lyn? AGAIN?

The White One: Lyn the Goat Demon! You look fancy today!

mYWQ7gD.png

Lyn: I’ll take care of that Gheb.

The White One: Ooh.

j58VJtk.pngM5xvdXF.png

I thought we'd only pounded her twice so far? But then, Glass's route...

Lyn: Arigato.

The White One: Ooh.. I hope we have fun. Everyone! Feel the love!

END DIALOGUE

KEoq3bW.png

Okay, here we go. Let's take a break from this totally engaging story and look at the gameplay. This hack never pulled its punches at any point, but now it's throwing everything it has our way, going at an all-too-high velocity. However, we're throwing everything right back.

C0vYWA1.png

First off, we get a HUGE party, about the size of last chapter.

0cWJziq.pngtaW55En.png

I'm also taking Sonia, who is now on our team! She has a legendary weapon, even.

Nwa4Wc5.png

Here's our position.

MIoewRT.png

And here's the enemy army. It is MASSIVE. This is going to be a long, hard, grueling fight.

bOWxxPv.png

Believe it or not, we have no less than SIX "boss units" deployed on the map. Granted, some are a lot more boss than others. Let's take a look!

CWnjiOe.pngpgF96uD.pngeD7JEG1.pngmSqR3Lg.png

First off, two mostly-identical Myrrhs. They're VERY strong, and we need to snag a stealable off of BOTH of them, which will be quite the challenge. I mean, really. They couldn't just DROP their stuff?

(Does that Dragon Seal promote Morva? I have to know...)

ro1M9Ef.pngn1ZVo23.png

Rennac is a weaker Colm on the enemy team. Our rogue might beat him in a fight, level 21 or no.

0Hclwfo.pngccnsZul.pngW0TGXSX.png

Yes, you read that right! Lyn has assumed her true form, and it REALLY IS a Goat Demon! I'm kind of surprised this game waited so long to use Fomortiis, I expected GhebFE to be throwing them at us like trash mooks right now. Still, she's incredibly strong and fast (but not that tanky!) so we'll need to be careful.

KA9t1U1.pngVOjjbmS.pngEXQj9t5.png

Leading the enemy front line against us is Dozla, with Batta's class and 54 Attack. Handle with caution.

l3nM2sj.png

And the boss is... is... Michael Jackson. I kind of knew it all along, but still, it's a shock to see it!

fArGWQK.pngICwPmYj.pngI2d3cnG.png

Well, this explains why he can summon zombies! His stats are frankly RIDICULOUS, and we'll NEED to bust our our legendary weapons if we're going to take this guy down. Just LOOK at that hilarious Avoid!

Honestly, some people might think this insults this amazing man's memory, but I'm having a hard time getting too worked up about it. I wouldn't mind battling more pop culture figures instead of random FE7/FE8 characters! Plus, his custom portrait isn't even that terrible.

Anyways, there's plenty of droppables around, such as:

3pTT5SL.pngzIE4jZl.pngIxIMDsf.pngH479h1d.pngiwfjJlX.pngxiuXw5f.png7evwwg6.png

I'm not even showing all of them, here. Just the more notable ones.

CvPY2CV.png4ZWwybV.png

We also have these ridiculously power CHAOS MAMKUTES... with 5 speed. They're actually an accurate reflection of my own Mamkute.

NEXT TIME: The King of Pop versus some random Serenes Forest Screenshot Let's Player... WHO SHALL BE THE VICTOR?

Come on, Fates! RELEASE ALREADY!

fArGWQK.pngICwPmYj.pngI2d3cnG.png

Honestly, some people might think this insults this amazing man's memory, but I'm having a hard time getting too worked up about it. I wouldn't mind battling more pop culture figures instead of random FE7/FE8 characters! Plus, his custom portrait isn't even that terrible.

Well, to be fair, he's got rediculous stats, a decent portrait, and he's one of the few likeable characters in this game. I'd say this is far from an insult.

Bad news, everyone; I live in a very cold place, towards the top of America. As the snow roars outside, I'm going to be going on a vacation with family to slightly warmer places, like Florida. Because of this, I'll be gone a little longer than a week. I hope you'll all survive without your inconsistent servings of GhebFE, since I've spent the last few days finishing Plague Inc. But, when I return, I should hopefully be able to put in some effort and finish this hack!

See you all in a week!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I'm back! After the timeframe that was definitely EXACTLY one week, and not almost two! Yeah!

But seriously, thank you all for being so patient. Let's push forward towards the end of this hack a bit more!

GhebFE: Episode 24: Chapter 21: Part 1: The Wimpy Wights and the Huge Cyclops

jnBLy0G.png

The first turn is just moving forward and getting ready to start our advance! This level was from a summon.

t4cF2U4.pngSQV5J7E.png

I don't know about you guys, but I'm not feeling the love.

MJ: Even though he’s sexy! I can’t let death take all I still have. Oohh!

SdWN9QI.png

The enemy Wights are at this point so incredibly pathetic, even Gheb can take them on okay.

TH3Advx.png

Most of the enemies over here aren't moving... Except Lyn, who it looks like ended her turn without doing anything?? Weird.

YX85EPw.png8fQusWa.png

GhebFE: "FREE SIEGE STUFF FOR EVERYONE"

oYawspe.png

The Wights are so weak, Gheb barely profits from them. Oh wait, that's just Gheb.

gOGyFDq.png

Crap! I never showed Sonia's growths! ...Oh right, I can't, since she's an extra character. Still, she's proving herself combat-capable. I don't regret using a deployment spot on her, not like anyone else could have filled it.

UN7IcAR.png

With the mysterious "Dragon Seal" having shown its face, I must train Morva to see it in action!

eyn6qjy.png

egxHaz6.png

Pathetic! Pathetic is what you are!

3vNLS35.png

Looks like Dozla is our next opponent. Will he be more of a problem for us?

MnQtIuF.png

No, but stupid Finisher friggin Axe Centaur is a problem!

Just in case any of you forgot, Finisher Axes are Brave Eclipse weapons. That the enemy uses frequently.

oidcBT6.png

I intended to use Physic, but accidentally clicked "Yes" on Fortify instead, so have the radiant beams of sunshine animation. Which tome is this? One of the advanced ones...

kF7Qt28.png

We've already seen Aura... I think it was a legendary... did Athos use it?

jFwt4Q0.png

Oh, yes! Aureola! That's what it was called! It even glitches out the HP bar, just for us!

OAayIJl.png

Okay, centaur, let's see you kill someone with those odds!

SQCo0Hr.png

Oh. Naturally. This is what you get for having basically no speed, Morva.

0YHs3Jk.png

Okay, re-positioning him so the enemies around hit Defense and not Resistance. If I can make him go on a rampage and clear out the Wights... hmmm...

MC1dCst.png

Defense cap! Beautiful!

SOxpMZu.png

And also beautiful is the "tink" sound enemies make when they attack Morva!

KJwGxqF.png

Really, I don't stop to appreciate the beauty of certain things in Fire Emblem, like "Miss!" spelled out in red letters, enough.

wZXNU9B.png

And the chain of beauty is broken. Whatever, we won't have any problems unless L'arachel gets hit (our restore staff user).

ibzYLe3.png

Does anyone else think this staff range is a bit crazy? Anyone? Anyone?

ff9pk5K.png

Morva renews his rampage against any and all non-magical enemies in the vicinity.

hioHvTU.png

Here's how the situation is looking. We haven't moved much past the start. There's a long ways to go, everyone, so hang in there with me!

9dRTH3X.png

Revenge!

ceWVrIG.png

And here I was all worried about Dozla. Needler, go!

Do6TfRT.png

Yes!

u52HJdX.png

No!

W8yNZ0r.pngIHWteVs.png

I know, I know, this blade sells for a lot and I'm not supposed to use it, but it is SO effective! Colm is the perfect recipient for it, too!

9BUD2Cv.png

...But he'll get his toy taken away if this keeps up.

6zAAVy6.pngqmxNuWE.png5axAw2n.png

Why don't you just have a summary of all the levels Morva gained this update.

4CcTzWe.png

Again? Why are you targeting Sonia, M.J.? Isn't she the source of your power of something like that?

G132kmB.png

Holy crap! These guys are TOUGH! Even with severe WTD, Kiwi has a hard time getting through their defenses and ridiculous HP.

yqdWk5R.png

I have to break out the legendaries to have any hope of killing these guys quickly! They have more than 80 HP!

tehkuhW.png

Cormag gets a level. It does not redeem him from the scrappy heap. Sorry buddy, but you're hanging at the back for the rest of the chapter, and the bench for the rest of the game. And to think you used to be star player...

RT6vAQR.png

I can use staves too, game! Hah!

uiLgCY8.pngHSrBM2e.png

New 85-ish HP Cyclops are being spawned and advancing towards us. This is a problem. Couldn't we have the pathetic Wights back?

1TFFbnt.png

I see why this Gomorrae is so expensive now-it's insanely useful!

ROAGqUm.png

However, to prevent your eyes from bleeding at my inefficiency, I decide to use a Light Brand instead.

EJ8TKOg.png

Oh, wow. Right as I start to move forward, reinforcements come to strike me from the side. Clever clever. Well, it's nothing we can't handle.

U8kXlJD.png

Okay... sloooooowwwwlllllyyyy lure out the Myrrh clone...

QNAFZ2J.png

You'd think with such a huge axe you'd be able to score a hit, monster. But I guess not.

8KCdjpY.png

"Great Bitch Lv 8"

Nr8zD4t.png

The Myrrh clones... don't move?

I guess this makes them easier to deal with long term, but I honestly would prefer it if I could just lure them out and get them over with!

bm8KEVf.png

Oh, again. The first time just wasn't enough for you, was it.

rSZFenS.png

Thanks to Morva, the bottom path is nearly clear and we have little to worry about from that front, thank goodness.

Actually, that gives me an idea. It might be best to split my party and take on the enemy forces from two directions! Yeah, that sounds good.

PapB5VN.png

CR21tSs.png

After all this time, Ewan can STILL pull his weight!

YLKEa65.png

Glen, meanwhile, continues to maintain half-competence. What more can I expect from him, really?

rj9y0pi.png

Okay everyone, meet the bottom group: A smaller group of our top players, while the more average units take on the top.

GrXpFey.png

Strength cap!

AJkW868.png

Oh come on, Denning. You're like FE14 Hana trying to fight Berserkers. ...Or, for me, at least.

jZ9toYP.png

Yes. Yes, the skeleton did crit here.

mjYkXVi.png

Amelia caps... luck? Good for her, I guess.

NoTXlwY.pngi5vScYT.png

Alert: Approaching siege tome range!

The top group is just going to have to keep moving forward while hoping for the best, but I'm sending Colm ahead to assassinate the bottom on.

8FkFWSM.png

Update: "Moving forward and hoping for the best" might not have been my best strategy yet.

6bCPtn7.png

The bottom group is moving closer...

xaQUasC.png

THE TOP GROUP IS ENGULFED IN GREEN FLAMES

r5txG6M.png

And Denning had the BEST odds against the dragon!

r8kz7p6.png

The bottom gr- OH MY GOSH SERIOUSLY

jlzWYu1.png

Okay! Things have gotten calmer for a minute. I think this is a good point to stop right now.

NEXT TIME: Kiwi heroically resists a Goat Demon

I had hoped the game would start throwing more late-game promotion items my way for some T3s, but sadly it seems most of our party will remain T2 for the moment.

Exactly one week...huh, my clock must be broken. As well as all the other clocks I've come across. It happens.

To be honest, while fighting Michael Jackson and his army of lolipops and monsters with Awakening levels of HP should be surprising, it's not really all that shocking by this point.

oidcBT6.png

I intended to use Physic, but accidentally clicked "Yes" on Fortify instead, so have the radiant beams of sunshine animation. Which tome is this? One of the advanced ones...

kF7Qt28.png

We've already seen Aura... I think it was a legendary... did Athos use it?

jFwt4Q0.png

Oh, yes! Aureola! That's what it was called! It even glitches out the HP bar, just for us!

That's not Aureola, that's Ivaldi, the FE8 legendary light tome. Aureola has a sort of diagonal mesh of light beams across the whole screen; the four vertical light pillars is definitely Ivaldi.

Is it sad that I recognise Fire Emblem magic tomes by a single frame of animation?

That's not Aureola, that's Ivaldi, the FE8 legendary light tome. Aureola has a sort of diagonal mesh of light beams across the whole screen; the four vertical light pillars is definitely Ivaldi.

Is it sad that I recognise Fire Emblem magic tomes by a single frame of animation?

Don't be sad about recognizing FE magic by 1 frame of animation... I gave you 2 frames.

GhebFE: Episode 24: Chapter 21: Part 2: It's the Miniboss Mash!

SlmOFzs.png

We'll start with something happy: Siege eye guy assassinated!

1ulw6pA.png

Also, killing the other Dracozombie gives us a second Dope D.Stone, which Morva will appreciate.

7DLXHEm.png

Amelia just BARELY can't kill her. Of course.

seBeUAT.png

Normally, I wouldn't have been too worried here, but after everything that's happened so far, you really can't be sure.

groIZg4.pngrp9ZBGY.png

And now the reinforcements begin in full force. There will be a LOT of fliers in the upcoming turns.

2f5xwWu.pngBr5BNVg.png

It's okay, we don't need good levels at this point. We're all ready for endgame.

I'm not mad.

At all.

KJzIaYB.png

Now maybe I'm a little mad.

X46obhN.pnglcdlUJ5.png

Despite not having that much in their way, the top group is going to be slowed down for a while. The fliers can pick off my units if I'm not careful, so I have to take them down fast and I can't bring my squishier people forward.

gZRoftO.pngKWvrjc4.png

Batta apparently put all his power into that Sodomizer strike.

WixmGTB.png

It's not that the monster's too weak, it's that Denning is too strong!

tmEfzjd.png

5kAK5Pm.png

HP capped! Which isn't a good thing for his future levels, since HP composed 33% of his growth totals, if not more.

mJXJHjG.png

Forward! FORWARD! We need to kill M. J. a second time!

6EC1D3T.pnghOxCpAZ.png

I'm killing as many units as I can! It's a resounding success!

YjchsFw.pngJy3iLzv.png40jdOFq.png

The red people are doing the same! It's a resounding failure! See, this is why I don't like siege tome enemies...

tizKJl6.png

These guys are just going to keep coming for about 10 turns. I won't show every single appearance, just keep in mind that they slowed us down a LOT.

9WjniGu.png

I've never been one for weapon conservation, particularly not as we approach Endgame.

PTe1RDp.png

This is what the Dragon did to me.

ZPImHlH.pngKab2hqW.png

This is what I did to him! Eye for an eye! DEATH FOR A SHORT NAP!

cmVHyn8.png

We also get some nice tea.

KM2sqm7.png

This giant is very RARGH right now. His enthusiasm, unfortunately, is pointless.

4fyoHhy.png

o05MNBS.png

Oof! The nearby gorgons are hitting hard. Morva can barely resist them.

0qU8ahS.png

This is weird. How did one half of the picture be a frame ahead of the other?

8Uwqjlk.png

Lure this thing that is probably Lyn and not a giant dragon!

9x3b5B9.pngSXqQtw9.png

A crit.

A crit.

Well, I'll just-

x99oT19.png

Oh. He dies either way. When Morva equips the Fire D. Stone, he becomes VERY weak. He isn't a very good unit without the Dope D. Stone.

1cBqRva.pngzPxA5WD.png

Got critted, barely lived, and then dodged.

2XC87ve.png

Due to being forced to reset, I ended up putting Kiwi in the luring-out spot instead of Denning.

(This is a horrible mis-estimation, Kiwi is one-rounded by Lyn.)

YEu7ADZ.pngNEvj9fk.png

Lyn lets out a guttural screech with her elaborate intro! However, there's a major problem here: Lyn deals enough damage to kill Kiwi in 2 hits (even with his capped defense), doubles him, and is guaranteed to hit. Kiwi can't possibly survive.

RFQvDlv.pngd6sRy1G.png

UNLESS HE ACTIVATES GREAT SHIELD

You know what? Maybe the RNG isn't so against me after all. When it's awesome off, my units always pull through.

shF7Elt.png

Centaurs? Well, they should be easier to deal with than fliers, right?

XoZ8t9P.png1gx4yJA.png

Since Kiwi was so amazing, I even let him have the finishing blow.

GobdTt1.png

No, the credits don't roll. We just get a Rear Guard.

7yphi2M.png

KXXXvnB.png

Woah, Glen! Are you trying to become awesome? Don't worry, you'll always be better than Gheb.

DkV5wq8.png

Axereaver? Pfft.

SwNbPNz.png

Now that we've moved forward enough, they're coming in a brand new area where they're close enough to attack us, but far away enough we can't quite reach them.

gNPKgip.png

Rennac, you're next.

dDLLlOC.png

Glass caps strength. Why couldn't he be our main lord? He's way easier to get to thrones, rather than certain other ball of pure fat...

OjOeScb.png

These guys are so determined. Sadly, their Awakening-style HP is their only major boon.

Fun fact: Awakening's HP never goes above 99 even for the final boss, but the GBA games had 120 HP final bosses.

P8atLeI.png

Rennac is ultimately a mere bump in the road to Michael Jackson. I'd just like to say, while these guys are tough, they aren't strong enough to stop me in the long run.

C4dRoFG.png

They keep coming. I'll keep butchering them.

r696xZY.png

Rennac's down. Not that I was expecting a death quote or anything.

kTCjLMo.pngrCTzCR4.png

These guys have got to go! Goodbye!

LAXWlra.png

Phew... well, I think it's official. The enemy has quite simply run out of things to throw at us. Aside from a few mooks, we only have M.J. and his Myrrhs to go.

hBiVb6k.png

Whoah whoah whoah!

G4iDGKT.png

So, just now, a good... oh, I'd say ten-twelve... enemies showed up out of nowhere. Naturally.

HBWNCOr.png

Granted, some of them are these Mogalls. I think they were like this in the original game too. I find it odd they weren't converted into Demon King generics or something.

gBrAMHO.pngyt7W8fH.png

Still, these guys are VERY tough. I'll need the whole team to put these walking metaphors down!

9uPNVXo.png

Even Cormag!

quhnxzU.png

*sigh* Well, don't say I never gave him a second chance.

VC1ooVE.pngCLYRme4.pngfwEEcmE.pngjW21d0k.png

It takes a combination of Wind Nukes, Sword Slams, and Lance Chainsaws to take them down... but I do take them all down!

YPFNlML.png

...And get another wave of enemies for my trouble. Thank you SO much.

NEXT TIME: Michael Jackson was quite the dancer, wasn't he?

Still, these guys are VERY tough. I'll need the whole team to put these walking metaphors down!

I feel so irrationally important.

NEXT TIME: Michael Jackson was quite the dancer, wasn't he?

He never lost any chocolate, he just added vanilla.