Invisible History DLC Full Story Summary

Kirokan

I'd like to see less multiple routes and more branching choices within a single game. Maybe things change less drastically, but that way it feels like your choice actually mattered when it happens rather than based on which game you bought.

I feel like they should have done that instead because at least they're doing something different but being a bit less ambitious about it. Baby steps is basically what I'm trying to get at here.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like they should have done that instead because at least they're doing something different but being a bit less ambitious about it. Baby steps is basically what I'm trying to get at here.

Yeah, like imagine that rather than having 3 routes, you instead condensed the Nohr and the Hoshido into the first half of the game. So you pick one of the two sides, but eventually team up with the other. However this could still have consequences, with characters dieing on either side and the like.

Personally, I wouldn't have been bothered by the IK curse that much had it only served as an explanation as to why very few people in history have known about Touma. However, I don't like how they have playable characters learn pretty much everything about it, but then actively go about doing absolutely nothing to guide others to these truths. It would have been better if nobody knew about it at first, and the characters have to actually go through a process of investigation, researching the mysterious invisible armies' whereabouts and origins, then linking one and one together in order to find out the true mastermind. Surely it would require some rewriting of the plot, but that's how I want the third route's story to be about. That way, it can avoid exposition dumping from Aqua's part, while still legitimating the other 2 routes' existence.

I was musing about some ideas for Aqua's new role in the story and I think it might be effective if she doesn't appear in the story directly until after the Hoshido/Nohr conflict has escalated. Imagine if Aqua was in the IK and tried to contact Kamui through his dreams to hint at the true threat to the world. Kamui could choose to ignore these visions and focus on the factions about to go to war, or if you choose the 3rd path, Kamui runs away and a vision tells him to jump off that bridge to find Aqua.

Aqua wouldn't appear in person in the Hoshido or Nohr routes until it was too late to stop the war, but she would still try, to the extent that the curse allows to convince Kamui they have bigger problems

I got a feeling that the awakening trio has no idea which royal is the son of the heart of Anankos. Somehow.

I think Lilith could have told them though. And it'd become pretty obvious anyway since Kamui is the only one who was kidnapped from Hoshido, can transform into a dragon, and was chosen by a special sword. All of these are revealed quite early on, so it shouldn't take a genius to figure out who's the dragon's offspring. :/

Which again, means Naga could have totally fixed the future timeline the instant Grima was destroyed. Thus proving my long held suspicion that Naga is actually a massive asshole. Explains the hell why she keeps getting mortals to do her work for her: she's too lazy to be arsed.

Then again, what do you expect from someone who is against her own race, in favor of humans who are know to do nothing but crap. Seriously, Naga is that almighty, good character, that doesn't is not even good in fhe first place, like the Dragon god from DQ4.

Dat plot device in FEA. Just like Aqua, eh. I just wanted to talk about her while I was at it.

All of these are revealed quite early on, so it shouldn't take a genius to figure out who's the dragon's offspring. :/

That's what make this DLC and the plot in general so beautiful. It shouldn't take a genius to figure that one out, but it would take Severa, Owain and Inigo, or any character for that matter, to be be capable of independent thought and actions, and not being one-dimensional as hell. And is should also take the writing to make sense.

Having characters from another game in FEIf was a mistake from the get go anyways.

Edited by B.Leu

Then again, what do you expect from someone who is against her own race, in favor of humans who are know to do nothing but crap. Seriously, Naga is that almighty, good character, that doesn't is not even good in fhe first place, like the Dragon god from DQ4.

I can't tell if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me here...

I can't tell if you are agreeing or disagreeing with me here...

I agree with you. I don't see what in my post would make you think otherwise. :/

Bah, in any case, sorry.

Edited by B.Leu

I'd like to see less multiple routes and more branching choices within a single game. Maybe things change less drastically, but that way it feels like your choice actually mattered when it happens rather than based on which game you bought.

That sounds like a great idea and it would be nice to see if IS does that instead. I think they went too big instead of taking baby steps and as a result the plot came out with a ton of issues.

You're free to enjoy whatever you wish, of course, but I simply cannot understand how you couldn't have minded the story until now. I'm devastated by the wasted potential of the interesting premise. Thankfully it sounds like the Japanese fanbase is upset by the quality of the writing as well, and if that's the case, then Intelligent Systems will probably realize that something went wrong, so with any luck they'll strive to improve the writing until the next installment...of course, that's what they tried with Fates, so like I said, I've got no expectations whatsoever.

Don't let the forum get to you; I still love Awakening even though everybody here seems to hate it with a fiery passion of a thousand suns - it's important to note that the forum is also just a fraction of the fanbase and that everybody has different opinions - I absolutely hate Blazing Sword and don't think FE eight to 10 are anything special either, but a lot of people here would disagree with me, and that's fine, and it shouldn't affect anyone's opinions.

I didn't mind it before because despite the somewhat wasted potential, it wasn't really all that different from older writing in my opinion. But now they're just messing it up even more when it was already in a 'fragile' state.

Also Awakening was awesome. I don't quite get why people hate it so much either. But that is a topic for another time I imagine.

Finally, Inigo, Severa, and Owain just cause more problems. Ok, the DLC does explain how they got to Nohr as promised. Except that it doesn't explain why Hydra needs these three morons in particular or why he doesn't get all the Awakening children period instead of just these three.

He probably goes with 3 because it's a whole lot more discrete for infiltrating Nohr than 12. They'd probably be executed on site just for being an unmanagable number And they're likely there just for extra muscle, since they are the only ones with great dragon killing experience. As far as Hydra's concerned, everyone else is just an ordinary human/ish-being.

Considering that Anakos' first encounter with Severa, Inigo, and Owain was calling out to them when they were standing on castle walls, I'd assume that either: 1: Severa, Inigo, and Owain were the only Awakening kids that he could find at a short notice, as they were together at the time, 2: That Anakos doesn't have the power to send all of them, or 3: The other Awakening kids were there, but decided to not travel to another continent to hear more about his request. However, since Cynthia didn't accompany them, (She's like the only other Awakening kid who'd want to come along, all of the others have pretty good reasons to not come along, or in Nah and Yarne's cases, be undesirable due to sticking out) and Anakos mentions Naga being very powerful for being able to send so many people through time, I'm going to assume a combination of the first and second.

Edited by Monado Boy

Which again, means Naga could have totally fixed the future timeline the instant Grima was destroyed. Thus proving my long held suspicion that Naga is actually a massive asshole. Explains the hell why she keeps getting mortals to do her work for her: she's too lazy to be arsed.

... I love that someone else has this opinion of Naga.

And no, it has nothing to do with the fact that Awakening!Tiki was probably my favourite female character in the game.