Nintendo Power previewed FE4

Lantairu

While I don't have the issue itself (darn it for being too young), I remember reading this before many times elsewhere. As for the translations, NP didn't have the best translators on board at the time. But we can sure as heck make as much fun of Zigludo and Serlis as much as we want.

While I don't have the issue itself (darn it for being too young), I remember reading this before many times elsewhere. As for the translations, NP didn't have the best translators on board at the time. But we can sure as heck make as much fun of Zigludo and Serlis as much as we want.

Personally I can't stop laughing at the Jihad thing,

Huh. I wonder why they would promo the game if they're going to follow that up with "there are no plans to release it in North America"?

It was a different time; lots of games weren't being localized, but Nintendo still wanted to create potential interest in their long running series (four games for Fire Emblem put it in that range) in case they eventually decided to localize later iterations of the series, which Fire Emblem eventually did.

It was a different time; lots of games weren't being localized, but Nintendo still wanted to create potential interest in their long running series (four games for Fire Emblem put it in that range) in case they eventually decided to localize later iterations of the series, which Fire Emblem eventually did.

So you mean to say that it was the same as what they by adding Roy to SSBM, to create possible interest in localisation?

Edited by Blue Druid

So you mean to say that it was what they by adding Roy to SSBM, to create possible interest in localisation?

Yeah, it's like what they did in putting Roy and Marth in SSBM, though the magazine is on a smaller scale. But back before the days of mass internet use, I remember owning some game's guides and also sometimes buying magazines like Nintendo power, though I don't remember ever buying Nintendo Power itself.

Yeah, it's like what they did in putting Roy and Marth in SSBM, though the magazine is on a smaller scale. But back before the days of mass internet use, I remember owning some game's guides and also sometimes buying magazines like Nintendo power, though I don't remember ever buying Nintendo Power itself.

Did any of those ever mention Fire Emblem? Also, you mean to say you never got the Power?

I still laugh at Nintendo Power's screenshot choice about the lover convo bit on the last page. :P

Yeah when talking about romance? LachesisXEltshan confrmed!

Oh, I remember this. It's where the Zigludo joke comes from.

Actually, my mom has a lot of Nintendo power issues from the SNES era, she may have this issue. I'll look through them some time.

That sound like an awesome mom!

Yeah when talking about romance? LachesisXEltshan confrmed!

I want to know how that convo went.

intern 1: 'Well we could always put the protagonist and that silver haired wife'

intern 2: 'no, what about these two blondes they look cute together'

intern 1: 'alright yeah, why not?'

NoJ rep: 'I probably shouldn't tell them'

I want to know how that convo went.

intern 1: 'Well we could always put the protagonist and that silver haired wife'

intern 2: 'no, what about these two blondes they look cute together'

intern 1: 'alright yeah, why not?'

NoJ rep: 'I probably shouldn't tell them'

That's how every NoA translation conversation back in the day went lol.

• 1 month later...