FE3 Book 1 & Book 2 Low Turns Run (BOOK 1 COMPLETE)

Espinosa

Book 2 Planning  

15 members have voted

1. 1. MVP of the future Book 2 run?

2. 2. (tick everyone who matters) Units to be trained for longterm use

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume Abel's battle with Gharnef was a slip of the finger? I guess that earns him some coolness points inside the game. all hail promoted blob of pixels that survived scary blob of pixels

Yeah, Gharnef was targeted accidentally instead of the mage nearby.

Figures that'd be the case...

Edited by Levant Colthearts

But yeah, it's either 7 Move Marth + 10 Move Feena OR 11 Move Marth + 6 Move Feena. I'm sure each has its advantages, but what we're interested in is the choice that ends up saving the most total turns.

This made me realize I derped and forgot Feena can help boots!Marth. In that case, I can't see any reason to give the boots to Feena. I'd imagine the extra move would help Marth more often than Feena allowing him to do something twice in a turn.

Yeah, but "in a turn" would mean "once a map" in the context of this playthrough, since 6 mov Feena will not be able to catch up to Marth after the first turn (nor will anyone else).

The durability requirements of being a 10 mov dancer shouldn't be underestimated however. Feena can at least fight and gain good levelups, so there's that to help. Navarre gives her a support, so he can be chosen over Oguma for that reason.

Oguma exists for 3 maps longer though, one of them an indoor map. But yeah, Navarre has slightly better bases this time around, and has better growths outside of wlv (where he has a sufficient base to not worry about it ever) and defence (only a 10% difference).

I don't think Sheeda will be used as much (if at all...?) as her Book 1 self, so supportwise Navarre is more of a help for giving a useful bonus to Feena.

As for Boots on Feena vs. Boots on Marth... The only way to answer the question is start playing and count the squares in every map that matters.

We have 5 Rescue uses, 7 Warp uses and 3 Again uses.

Phantom037 got it. I also addressed this in the video description on YouTube. Alan doesn't have much interesting to do, since even Abel with his good levelups doesn't see that much use in chapter 16 (he does good stuff in the next 2 indoor maps in spite of 6 mov though). Samson's essentially an updated Astria 2.0 and as such pretty handy.

wait, how are you getting the warp staff next chapter? Are you just not going to clear in 2 turns?

Yeah, the next map is 3-turned. The only way to clear in 2 turns is by using a warp of your own, I believe, since no ballistae can kill the thieves from afar in this version of the game. Needless to say, the warp wouldn't be worth it.

Sheeda isn't healthy enough to take a hit from Camoo so training her isn't so important. Abel was supposed to facilitate the killing of Camus, but ended up not being necessary (and indeed did nothing of value in C16, because Marth ended up having to kill the 4 paladins protecting the Hammerne village). Marth did get the bosskill in this map sometimes, but only if he managed to get 1 hit + 1 crit before Abel. Sometimes both Marth and Abel would whiff the boss excessively, and the boss would suicide unto Marth on the enemy phase of the 2nd turn.

The only unit I deliberately tried to train in this clear is Kashim, really. A lot of babying to get him his 4 kills, all while getting the Reserve staff from a bishop, which was hard to accomplish in itself.

Chapter 14 in 3 turns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh4x8gIP84g

Needed a lot of patience to clear this one taking all the obstacles into account (more about this in the YouTube description as usual).

Marth was pissed about missing the boss, so what does he do right after? BOOM HEADSHOT! And then Abel does the BOOM HEADSHOT too.

Does anyone know if giving Paola / Katua (probably the former) an early secret shop whip helps with anything earlygame? Right now I'm thinking specifically about being able to kill all the thieves in chapter 7 (map where Fina/Navarre join). I'm not sure if I could obtain Angelic Robe/Dragon Whip without the extra 2 mov right now, though Fina dancing a flier or Navarre might help achieve that.

Some of those early armoured bosses look pretty tough to kill too, like C6's Lang with 45/19/3 bulk. Armourslayer hit + crit should one-round I think, but something more reliable would be nice. Linda proccing one point of speed seems to double and deal damage that's very close to fatal (anyone could then finish off the job with an armourslayer or a silver sword).

Edited by Espinosa

No. The only reason to think about this is to maximise the number of levelups Katua/Paola get before they hit the promoted level cap (assuming they do that at all; they do have a few units to share the experience with, especially if we train the likes of Linda and Fina for combat purposes). Well, and buying the whip costs money too.

No. The only reason to think about this is to maximise the number of levelups Katua/Paola get before they hit the promoted level cap (assuming they do that at all; they do have a few units to share the experience with, especially if we train the likes of Linda and Fina for combat purposes). Well, and buying the whip costs money too.

Erm... I'm not sure what Fina could fight safely... And I'm sure that more often than not, you'd be better off having her dance anyways.

Palla's bases are so good that she doesn't need the levels. She can probably cap Str/Skl/Spd/Def with the few levels she gained in previous chapters under her belt, especially since orbs are a thing. Catria promoting could be helpful but I think you can afford to wait for a little while longer on that one.

EDIT Also because the whips cost a lot of money, so you probably don't want to buy too many.

Edited by Refa